Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th April 2013, 11:17   #1126
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I just confirmed with service coordinator for Tata Motors (East). He confirmed that at least for Siliguri, Tata Motors will continue to provide service till September end 2013. Fiat is supposed to set up their own centre in due time.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 20:31   #1127
BHPian

Guys! It's back At least on the website

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet.jpg
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 22:27   #1128
BHPian

Also the page shows that the T-jet is available in both dynamic and Emotion trims. Is this the same before or the dynamic is a new addition?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-2013-fiat-linea-four-linea-models-choose-fiat-india.png  

drpudhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 22:42   #1129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Also the page shows that the T-jet is available in both dynamic and Emotion trims. Is this the same before or the dynamic is a new addition?
Probably in the existing versions of Dynamic with 15 inch wheels and the emotion with 16 inch wheels and the leather seats.

I am very eager about the pricing. Under cut the Honda City price and there should a few takers for this.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 22:48   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Default Tjet out , fiat India website updated

its finally here! Fiat India has done updates to its website including the models section and the Tjet features in it , screenshot from around 2 minutes ago attached for everyones reference , the link on the tjet is not working now , but guessing they are making updates and it should soon enough!

Request if moderators can let this be the official new thread for the new tjet.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 12th April 2013 at 22:51.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 22:58   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tjet out , fiat India website updated

Whats the fuzz? Have they made any changes to Linea or lineup?
Heading of this thread says T-Jet out? Has Fiat withdrawn or were there any plans to withdraw T-Jet? Sorry to ask these questions, could not catch up with latest on Fiat
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 23:29   #1132
BHPian

Oh boy, what a news, I don't understand why did they take T-Jet out of the market. At last happy to see Fiat moving in the right direction.

I know it's a long shot, but wonder what would happen if they release Punto with T-Jet under the hood and price it around upcoming Fiesta hatchback range.
linuxmanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 23:36   #1133
Senior - BHPian

It is same but then again it is not. Earlier in the factory build sheets the TJet was referred to as Emotion (15" steel wheels) and Emotion pack (16" alloy wheels, Leather upholstery), in the market these were sold as TJet and TJet+ respectively now Dynamic and Emotion.

What this could mean is that the Dynamic might lose some more features like if I were to guess the automatic aircon, vanity lights in the sun blinds, completely foldable rear seats, rear windshield sun shade, passenger side air bag switch off option and maybe the rear disc brakes but then all this is speculation. Let's wait for the actual launch and as long as the turbo charger +intercooler combination is there nothing else really matters.

Quote:
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 23:41   #1134
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Does Fiat has any dual clutch AT box in their arsenal? If yes, that would be real good.
Never seen any AT box from Fiat.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 00:06   #1135
Senior - BHPian

The t-jet is available in Dynamic and Emotion configurations , the brochure on the fiat site has been updated with the t-jet now included.

https://www.fiat-india.com/get-a-bro...redirect=false

Power is 114/5000 RPM and torque at 207/2200
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-picture1.jpg  

Last edited by puchoo : 13th April 2013 at 00:09.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 01:28   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
It is same but then again it is not. Earlier in the factory build sheets the TJet was referred to as Emotion (15" steel wheels) and Emotion pack (16" alloy wheels, Leather upholstery), in the market these were sold as TJet and TJet+ respectively now Dynamic and Emotion.

What this could mean is that the Dynamic might lose some more features like if I were to guess the automatic aircon, vanity lights in the sun blinds, completely foldable rear seats, rear windshield sun shade, passenger side air bag switch off option and maybe the rear disc brakes but then all this is speculation. Let's wait for the actual launch and as long as the turbo charger +intercooler combination is there nothing else really matters.
Your'e right. The new brochure is live now. Dynamic looses on 16 inch alloys, leather upholstery, vanity lights in the sun blinds, rear windshield sun shade & night panel in front roof lights. But it still gets 4 discs, ACC, rear AC vents, Auto headlamps & rain sensing wipers.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 09:21   #1137
BHPian

I drove a Merc C350 (for about a week) when I travelled to the US. It is a 3L V6 with 302 BHP on tap. It was a good car - But even that couldn't plaster a smile in my face as a Linea TJet with an 1.4L Turbo engine and 114 BHP of output.

Can't exactly point out why. One of my friends who accompanied for the test drive pointed out that she has not seen me smile like like this throughout the test drive while driving any other car. The Aadya motors in ORR messed up the deal in the end and my daily drive requirements of 40 Kms made me finally buy the new Fiesta diesel. It was one of the cases where heart was overruled by brain

This is unquestionably, the funnest car on this side of 20L (or even a higher price) - The day I can afford to run a petrol car for my daily long commute (or if my commute reduces), TJet will be the car I pick, with my eyes closed. I hope Fiat keeps selling it till then. It is a shame that this car is not raking the numbers it should (with people like me to blame, for not buying this despite being an enthusiast)
sriramv.iyer is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 09:41   #1138
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks but, the thread topic should change from T-Jet Out to -Jet Released. Pls report first post to Mods and get it changed it leads one to believe that the T-Jet is OUT of the Line-up.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 11:30   #1139
Senior - BHPian

looks like they are finally getting their act together. Whatever they have taken out are cosmetic and in line with the standard offerings from the subject vehicle class and what has been retained are items that

1. Definitely add to driver & Passenger's safety & comfort
and more importantly
2. cannot be installed as an after market option for any amount of money

Quote:
Your'e right. The new brochure is live now. Dynamic looses on 16 inch alloys, leather upholstery, vanity lights in the sun blinds, rear windshield sun shade & night panel in front roof lights. But it still gets 4 discs, ACC, rear AC vents,

3. These are new, useful features and again help put FIAT a notch above other competitors in the same vehicle class.
Quote:
Auto headlamps & rain sensing wipers.

The FIAT500 comes with an AT box, not sure whether FIAT offers something on the lines of the dual clutch type box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys,

Does Fiat has any dual clutch AT box in their arsenal? If yes, that would be real good.
Never seen any AT box from Fiat.

Last edited by khoj : 13th April 2013 at 11:33. Reason: replying to an additional post
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 12:09   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Tjet launched again , fiat India website updated

The T-Jet was taken out of the production lineup last year and effectively they have relaunched this particular engine again with some of the added features like i mentioned above.

@ Mods request if title of thread can be changed to say Relaunched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Whats the fuzz? Have they made any changes to Linea or lineup?
Heading of this thread says T-Jet out? Has Fiat withdrawn or were there any plans to withdraw T-Jet? Sorry to ask these questions, could not catch up with latest on Fiat

Last edited by puchoo : 13th April 2013 at 12:11.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote