Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 17:36   #1246
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 994 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Folks, the 20.4 Mileage is simply of Diesel.
The new website is having some 'issues' since it launch.
I found the older one more user-friendly.
If anything to judge by Fiat not updating the site properly and quickly, we can all say that the government like work environment can be held responsible for it, we all know that things move painfully slow in Fiat and Tata. There's absolutely no excitement.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 20:33   #1247
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 460
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

The Linea is such a long car but it does not seem to have rear parking sensor as standard equipment. Do Fiat or dealers offer it as after market accessories?
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 22:44   #1248
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 994 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
The Linea is such a long car but it does not seem to have rear parking sensor as standard equipment. Do Fiat or dealers offer it as after market accessories?
Yes, very much. Its on the official website in the accessories section which itself is listed under Fiat service on top of the screen.
Price is 4017/-.

One more thing, I am more than 99.999999% sure that all 3 variants would have all 4 disc brakes. If Active doesn't have them, I really want to know whether is it possible or safe to do?
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 08:35   #1249
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,921
Thanked: 1,908 Times
Smile Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Yes, very much. Its on the official website in the accessories section which itself is listed under Fiat service on top of the screen.
Price is 4017/-.
Add to that cost, an additional 500/- for painting the sensors to the match the car colour. There is also a rear parking sensor with display but this will require a mirror to be clipped on the existing IVRM and will cost about Rs5500/- including the painting.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 09:33   #1250
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 119
Thanked: 114 Times
Default

5500 is expensive!! Have the prices gone up? I got the reverse parking sensor for free (was listed around 3.5k or so), with my Linea diesel. When it comes to Fiat and their newly launched products, it's better to wait a month or two for good discounts. I waited 6-7 months for the 2012 model, in anticipation of the 1.6 mjd. At the turn of the year, I was disappointed as there was no 1.6 mjd and couldn't wait any further. People who bought later on reported better deals (mostly freebies/accessories)

There are (were?) two models when it comes to reverse parking sensors. Both are by Autocop and the difference is the display unit. One is a standalone unit which is fitted above the IRVM, or in the A pillar quarter glass area on the passenger side. Its got LED indicators for warning and a distance readout. And then other model has the display integrated into an IRVM attachment that clips onto the existing IRVM. I had the choice and I went in for the latter as it looked cooler. The joy was short lived as this attachment rattles like hell and you lose the day night function of the original IRVM. It's better to go for the simpler one. I only use the audio warning.
carrerastrax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 10:41   #1251
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 1,296 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Fiat India site finally shows price of TJET.

Ex-showroom PUNE prices are as
T-JET Dynamic Petrol :- Rs.8,46,324
T-JET Emotion Petrol :- Rs.8,83,490


Still no price indication of ACTIVE variant nor is the specification page showing any information of the ACTIVE variant, except the name in the dropdown.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 11:53   #1252
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Requested a test drive of the TJET on the Fiat-India site 3 days ago. No response yet, not even an automated acknowledgement mail. It is exactly this kind of lackadaisical attitude that Fiat needs to overcome if they want to boost numbers.
TNAWAYAJ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 17:52   #1253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 30
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Requested a test drive of the TJET on the Fiat-India site 3 days ago. No response yet, not even an automated acknowledgement mail. It is exactly this kind of lackadaisical attitude that Fiat needs to overcome if they want to boost numbers.
Yes can't understand why car manufacturer websites are often so broken. they invest hundreds of millions but can't afford a proper website and a communications team which could delegate any interested customer to the nearest dealership.

Fiat comparison tool doesn't work yet properly.
YellowEye is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 00:48   #1254
BHPian
 
Minardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

In the comparison tool, once you select the city, the variants reset to default. So, first choose the city, and then select the variants.
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 10:34   #1255
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Finally atleast the fiat website is updated with the Active model listed under the TJet as well , prices still missing. Wonder why they take so long to update pricing when its out anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjetactive.jpg  

puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 10:48   #1256
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,222
Thanked: 1,354 Times
Default Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Finally atleast the fiat website is updated with the Active model listed under the TJet as well , prices still missing. Wonder why they take so long to update pricing when its out anyway.
Prices are currently listed for Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata - but not for Bangalore, Mumbai, or New Delhi. Is this indicative of the "phased introduction" that Fiat had initially done when they first launched the T-Jet?

EDIT: Just saw @GTO's request to discuss T-Jet in a separate thread, after I had replied to @Puchoo's post. Mods: please move if necessary? Thanks.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 14th June 2013 at 10:51.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 10:56   #1257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 145
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Prices have already been updated for Bangalore as well. OTR Bangalore for Emotion is 10.83L.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-linea.jpg  

floyd.bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 11:00   #1258
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,481 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Prices are currently listed for Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata - but not for Bangalore, Mumbai, or New Delhi. Is this indicative of the "phased introduction" that Fiat had initially done when they first launched the T-Jet?
I don't think it is a phased introduction this time. Bangalore dealers have already got the brochures, demo vehicles and the works, and the test drives have already started since Tuesday. I called up Vecto motors and Fiat Caffe (KHT) anonymously and both were offering test drives readily and accepting to take the booking. If I recall correctly, Vecto said the cars are ready to be invoiced and dispatched from the Fiat factory and delivery time was ~15 days.

They are just waiting for the final ex-showroom prices to be intimated by Fiat before they can seal the sale(s) of whoever booked. Not sure what is causing the delay in announcing the ex-showroom prices though. Stupid of Fiat to do that after launching a vehicle.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th June 2013 at 11:03.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 11:07   #1259
Senior - BHPian
 
KiloAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubicle
Posts: 1,222
Thanked: 1,354 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I don't think it is a phased introduction this time. Bangalore dealers have already got the brochures, demo vehicles and the works, and the test drives have already started since Tuesday. I called up Vecto motors and Fiat Caffe (KHT) anonymously and both were offering test drives readily and accepting to take the booking. If I recall correctly, Vecto said the cars are ready to be invoiced and dispatched from the Fiat factory and delivery time was ~15 days.

They are just waiting for the final ex-showroom prices to be intimated by Fiat before they can seal the sale(s) of whoever booked. Not sure what is causing the delay in announcing the ex-showroom prices though. Stupid of Fiat to do that after launching a vehicle.
OK, I put my thinking cap on. What if Fiat website was built like a stereotypical Italian car?

In Chrome browser, Bangalore ex-showroom prices display correctly. But in IE9, no matter what settings I try in the developer toolbar, Bangalore prices simply will not display.

EDIT: Just got it to work in IE9 as well. Need to clear cache and re-start browser.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 14th June 2013 at 11:12.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 11:26   #1260
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 428
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Still can't get the site to show prices in Ahmedabad on both IE and Chrome, even after clearing the cache and browser restart.
nipcarlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks