Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 08:54   #1276
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 3,479 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Heading to Vecto motors later today to take a look at the new T-Jet. I'll be test driving the new T-Jet alongside my 2011 T-Jet. Let me see how much of a difference I find between the facelifted version and the original 'perfect' (170mm GC) version.

I'll pen down my thoughts here after I return from the test drive later today.

P.S - The SA will get a shock if he sees me 'test-driving' the same car I went to the showroom in

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th June 2013 at 08:56.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 09:05   #1277
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 831
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
For some reason I believe, sometimes when you are so used to driving cars you can make out if it's preworshiped or old . i did not get that feeling here, or maybe my heart is playing tricks here.
Being a FIAT, even if the car has run 3 or 4K, you will not feel it has been preworshipped, unless and until it is has been abused as a test drive vehicle. Not all test drive vehicles are abused though. Most are.

I am quite sure this car was used as a TD-cum-display vehicle. If you can get the vehicle thoroughly checked by an independent expert mechanic, then you can maybe proceed with the sale, which I am assuming would be 5.XX lacs.

Just on the same note the Siliguri dealer here also had a FTA T-Jet from an earlier ? 2010 batch, which he wanted to sell for a much less. I think it is still there. I have taken test drive in this piece, it was not very well kept. It may be mechanically sound though.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 09:12   #1278
BHPian
 
blurust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 125
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Being a FIAT, even if the car has run 3 or 4K, you will not feel it has been preworshipped, unless and until it is has been abused as a test drive vehicle. Not all test drive vehicles are abused though. Most are.

I am quite sure this car was used as a TD-cum-display vehicle. If you can get the vehicle thoroughly checked by an independent expert mechanic, then you can maybe proceed with the sale, which I am assuming would be 5.XX lacs.

Just on the same note the Siliguri dealer here also had a FTA T-Jet from an earlier ? 2010 batch, which he wanted to sell for a much less. I think it is still there. I have taken test drive in this piece, it was not very well kept. It may be mechanically sound though.
The one I am considering is white color. What color was the one you test drove in siliguri. Guwahati and siliguri are not far you see.

Last edited by blurust : 15th June 2013 at 09:14.
blurust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 09:14   #1279
BHPian
 
GreyAsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 64
Thanked: 28 Times
Talking Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Heading to Vecto motors later today to take a look at the new T-Jet. I'll be test driving the new T-Jet alongside my 2011 T-Jet. Let me see how much of a difference I find between the facelifted version and the original 'perfect' (170mm GC) version.

I'll pen down my thoughts here after I return from the test drive later today.

P.S - The SA will get a shock if he sees me 'test-driving' the same car I went to the showroom in
Hi karthikk!.
Glad to know that you are going for a test drive of the linea t-jet. As you said, please do give us a review on the new linea T-jet, it'll be very helpful for us.

As far as the SA is concerned, he's surely in for a shock! . The same happened to me when I went for a TD of the facelifted i20 as I already have one!
GreyAsta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 10:28   #1280
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 12
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

No info. yet on Abarth though.. received a call from Karthick from Vecto Motors on the day of the launch! :-)
vinayakdshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 10:54   #1281
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 831
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Just on the same note the Siliguri dealer here also had a FTA T-Jet .
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
hat color was the one you test drove in siliguri. Guwahati and siliguri are not far you see.
FTA, like I mentioned, Fox Trot Azure; the same like I own :-)
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 11:31   #1282
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 454
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

We have been discussing this relaunch since Monday. I called up two dealers here today looking for a test drive.

First dealer have not heard of it!

Second dealer has heard about it. A smart sounding sales rep called me back and informed me that launch happened at the Connaught Place Fiat Caffe yesterday, so it's still early yet. They have not received official prices and cars, including test drive car, are in transit.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 11:37   #1283
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I am not aware of which dealer you spoke to , but fiat caffe has a test drive car available already . A dynamic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
They have not received official prices and cars, including test drive car, are in transit.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 12:00   #1284
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 454
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I am not aware of which dealer you spoke to , but fiat caffe has a test drive car available already . A dynamic.
I spoke to Kashyab Fiat Noida. Is the test drive vehicle available with Fiat Caffe Connaught Place ?
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 12:02   #1285
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Yes , they keep moving the car around to different dealerships to accomodate other test drive requests as well , best to call once confirm the car is there and then go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I spoke to Kashyab Fiat Noida. Is the test drive vehicle available with Fiat Caffe Connaught Place ?
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 15:33   #1286
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,427
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Delhi prices out and updated on the site as well

Active : 769,350
Dynamic : 852,514
Emotion : 894,268
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 15:41   #1287
Senior - BHPian
 
h@r$h@l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GJ1
Posts: 1,423
Thanked: 673 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Delhi prices out and updated on the site as well

Active : 769,350
Dynamic : 852,514
Emotion : 894,268
I am unable to see the prices. When i selected the city i am getting prices for all Linea models except the T Jet.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-linea.jpg

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 16:18   #1288
BHPian
 
nipcarlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sheffield/A'bad
Posts: 426
Thanked: 306 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Delhi prices out and updated on the site as well

Active : 769,350
Dynamic : 852,514
Emotion : 894,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I am unable to see the prices. When i selected the city i am getting prices for all Linea models except the T Jet.

Attachment 1097571

Regards,
Can see prices for Delhi, but not for Ahmedabad. And the specs for the Active variant are still messed up.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-screenshot-14.png
Something is seriously wrong with this site.

Last edited by nipcarlover : 15th June 2013 at 16:21.
nipcarlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 17:25   #1289
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 124
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Well, the Emotion is 10.48 OTR in Chennai, RDC Motors, Nandanam. Test drive vehicle will be available from Monday. It seems the PDC was underway when I enquired.
DaiusPitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 17:49   #1290
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 485 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I checked out the new TJet today (couldnt get the chance for test drive). Test drive will be arranged later on. Prices for Pune has not been provided yet.

The cost cutting are as below:
a) No center headrest in the rear seat
b) 5th wheel is a steel wheel now
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:05.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks