Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 12:22   #1321
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,207 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
- I did not spot any audio system remote and the SA did not know about this. I don't think this is going to be part of the OEM ICE package. Some posts and sites seem to list that a remote will be supplied, which is not true.
Even the brochure in FIAT India website indicates remote control for ICE for Dynamic and Emotion variants. If it is not included, FIAT India should correct their brochure.

Name:  tjet1.png
Views: 2316
Size:  13.3 KB
Name:  tjet2.png
Views: 2281
Size:  10.0 KB

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th June 2013 at 12:48.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 12:24   #1322
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post


Congratulations puchoo! All the best for a long innings with the T-Jet!

True. It is not a deal breaker. Both the colors look very nice (pre and post facelift interior)

Corrected the information in my review post. I stand corrected. The spare wheel is indeed a steel wheel of 195/60R15 size.


Absolutely true. Come to think of it, I have never once used that 5th centre seat in my car, hehe.

Is that so? I didn't notice any difference in shape when I casually looked around in the cabin. Both versions looked same to me.
Thanks , you clarification came in just before i called and yelled at the SA .

I wish i had taken a picture to explain what i mean. But like i said i dont recall whether it was present previously or not. I was just however looking at your photos again on the 2013 car - it appears that in the emotion there scoops are not present , rather a large square shaped cut out - while in the Dynamic the scoops were present for the knees. Maybe there is a difference between the variants and you did not spot them because they are not present on the emotion to begin with. Will make a note to take a photograph next time i see the car.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 12:30   #1323
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 1,762
Thanked: 532 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Folks, my apologies for the confusion caused. I just cross-checked with the showroom staff. The new t-Jet emotion does indeed come with 195/60R15 spare wheel. When I looked into the boot, the car was supposedly using some old spare wheel which was an alloy. Sorry for the slip-up. I stand corrected; I've reported my post to the moderators and the information will be corrected.
A 195/60 R15???!!!!!

I think this is a bit of a dangerous situation. A 195/60 R15 is about 3% smaller in circumference compared to the 205/55 R16. Not to mention, that when you put on the spare, one corner of the car will sit 5-7mms lower than the others.

They should have at least provided a 195/65 R15 tyre, as that would be more closely matched to the 205/55 R16s.

I think manual mentions that you should repair and replace the standard wheel as soon as possible. But even so this is a bit extreme in my view.

If FIAT are providing a 195/60 R15, if I were to buy this car at the least I would exchange the spare tyre for a 195/65 R15 straight out of the showroom.
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 12:39   #1324
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,481 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thanks , you clarification came in just before i called and yelled at the SA .

I wish i had taken a picture to explain what i mean. But like i said i dont recall whether it was present previously or not. I was just however looking at your photos again on the 2013 car - it appears that in the emotion there scoops are not present , rather a large square shaped cut out - while in the Dynamic the scoops were present for the knees. Maybe there is a difference between the variants and you did not spot them because they are not present on the emotion to begin with. Will make a note to take a photograph next time i see the car.
the car I test drove was an Emotion variant. I haven't yet seen a dynamic version in the flesh, I don't think the dealer I visited has any dynamic T-Jet in stock either. If you take the pictures, do upload them. All our doubts will be clarified .

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
A 195/60 R15???!!!!!

I think this is a bit of a dangerous situation. A 195/60 R15 is about 3% smaller in circumference compared to the 205/55 R16. Not to mention, that when you put on the spare, one corner of the car will sit 5-7mms lower than the others.
Welcome to the world of cost cutting

Quote:
They should have at least provided a 195/65 R15 tyre, as that would be more closely matched to the 205/55 R16s.
True. But Fiat's vendors as we know are mainly Goodyear and Apollo, so in all likelihood, the spare wheel might have a Goodyear GT3 or Apollo Acelere from the Punto Emotion's supplies fitted as spare wheel in the T-Jet.

Quote:
I think manual mentions that you should repair and replace the standard wheel as soon as possible. But even so this is a bit extreme in my view.
Yeah, absolutely agree. Cost cutting is carried out by most companies, but they need to ensure the closest possible dimensions on the mis-matched spare wheel.

Quote:
If FIAT are providing a 195/60 R15, if I were to buy this car at the least I would exchange the spare tyre for a 195/65 R15 straight out of the showroom.
Better still, I would say invest 11k on a new (spare) alloy wheel and a new 205/55 R16 tyre. It allows peace of mind during punctures, and if there is an accidental bending of an alloy due to a highway pothole hit or something, you always have the option of swapping with the spare alloy.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th June 2013 at 12:41.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 13:40   #1325
BHPian
 
xaero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Noida
Posts: 80
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Yes, the remote was there Xaero.

Attachment 1098334

Here it is in a carwale review from 2010

@puchoo, may congrats on the booking; good choice.
Hey Man, you are making me jealous, why were we the chosen ones not to be given the remote? I sorely miss it especially while I am driving and my wife needs to change the songs.
xaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 15:24   #1326
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,481 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Hey Man, you are making me jealous, why were we the chosen ones not to be given the remote? I sorely miss it especially while I am driving and my wife needs to change the songs.
I thought that was a good thing . You have sole control over what songs play (via the steering controls), and the passengers just have to sit and listen to your DJ antics .
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 18:56   #1327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Just took a test drive of T-Jet,emotion variant provided by Balaji, Ghodbundar Rd ,Thane.They came all they way to Mulund,with a proper test drive car.A very good response,I must admit.The car has left me mightily impressed.Fantastic pick-up,good handling , good suspensions.Over all nice to drive . .My mother who took one of the rear seats ,however said it was not enough for 3 people. Wife has already been in love with it since ages.Me is torn between a Safari and T-Jet.
The cost for Top end was 10,46000/-,dynamic would cost about 10,03000/-and base variant would cost about 9,10000/- on road,Mumbai.Fuel efficiency, is about 14-15 km pl,the sales adviser claimed,which I do not think is practical.No schemes / discounts .
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 19:31   #1328
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review



However , i will also check this from my dealer and update. I will probably never ever use the remote. I used to have one for my system in the Wagon R and no steering wheels - it was simply easier to raise a hand and toggle around rather than the remote. But if its supposed to be provided they should - if not ill squeeze something else out instead


Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I thought that was a good thing . You have sole control over what songs play (via the steering controls), and the passengers just have to sit and listen to your DJ antics .
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 19:45   #1329
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,778
Thanked: 1,301 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

All those who have TDed and @puchoo, can you please put down the features on the ACTIVE variant? The official site is still not showing the specs for the Active variant.

@puchoo: Congrats on booking the beast!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 21:06   #1330
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 463
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Build Quality :
Remains same as before. The tank-like build is superb, and the thick metal ensures that satisfying Thud every time you shut the boot or a door. I personally felt the doors were a little lighter on the 2013 T-Jet, because the Thud wasn't as loud or heavy as that on my car.
Do you have a comparison of kerb weight of old and new T-Jet? The new T-Jet is stated to be 1230 kg as per the online brochure.

Excellent review by the way. If this were in an automobile magazine the cover would have screamed "Exclusive! Old T-Jet and New T-Jet Showdown", and we would have paid good money to access it. Now we are getting it for free. Three cheers to the community!

There has been mention that Fat cars are assembled in same factory as Tata cars. Is it by same workforce? Doesn't quality control suffer in that case? What is the experience of existing owners interms of durability and reliability of the product?
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 22:26   #1331
BHPian
 
johy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Siliguri
Posts: 837
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
The car has left me mightily impressed.Fantastic pick-up,good handling , good suspensions.Over all nice to drive . .

.Me is torn between a Safari and T-Jet.
Indigo, if the T-Jet has thrilled you, you sure at not alone

The Safari won't ever get close to that territory. I say go for the Jet.
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 22:40   #1332
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Welcome to the world of cost cutting
From your pictures and from what I have seen in the showroom, the panel gap for the glove box has been rectified Also, with the new model, they are providing 3+1 year warranty. Earlier it was 3+2 years right?

Also the SA claimed that bluetooth streaming of songs are not possible. Can anyone confirm this?
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 23:01   #1333
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,916
Thanked: 3,481 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Do you have a comparison of kerb weight of old and new T-Jet? The new T-Jet is stated to be 1230 kg as per the online brochure.
The kerb weight remains the same 1230 kg. I guess the light door feeling could be more due to the test drive car being brand new (the rubber linings and seals will still be fresh too), so the sound might have felt different for me. If the kerb weight hasn't changed, its unlikely that the metal build is different.

Quote:
There has been mention that Fat cars are assembled in same factory as Tata cars. Is it by same workforce? Doesn't quality control suffer in that case? What is the experience of existing owners interms of durability and reliability of the product?
Fat cars?? You're not wrong anyway, Fiat cars are somewhat fatter and heavier .

The plant at Ranjangaon makes Puntos, Lineas, Palio Stiles (earlier), and in another section within the same facility, they make the Tata Vista and Manza. How the workforce is divided is beyond the scope of this discussion, but all I know is (I've read this somewhere) they have separate QC processes and separate staff for the different assembly lines. So the staff on Fiat's assembly lines are trained to make Fiats, and the staff for Tata are trained to make their own cars. They share the facility, but do not interfere with each other's processes.

I have absolutely no issues with regard to durability or reliability with either my T-Jet or my Punto 90HP. No annoying rattles or anything after ~10k kms in both of them. If I would really want to find a punching bag / benchmark for low durability, I would point fingers at the Swift which I owned from 2006 until recently. That one had all sorts of rattles from a mileage as low as 2k km. Rattles from the dash panels, buzzing rattles from door panels, rattles from outer mirrors, inner mirrors, power window switches would fall into their sockets, etc. The Fiats that I bought later have no such issues after undergoing similar abuse. I have had minor rattles and creaking seats occasionally after commuting on bad roads, but nothing alarming. The overall build is very satisfactory, but the fit and finish of the dash panels has a long way to go.

Like I mentioned earlier, the main issue is not with the materials, although that also appears crude in a few places and could do with a revamp. The main issue is in the way the lower (beige in Linea /grey in Punto) dash panel is fitted, revealing sharp, unfinished edges and glaring panel gaps in some places. Fixing this will fix half of their interior eyesore woes. Knowing their lethargy, I doubt this will improve at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
From your pictures and from what I have seen in the showroom, the panel gap for the glove box has been rectified Also, with the new model, they are providing 3+1 year warranty. Earlier it was 3+2 years right?
Yeah, I observed that yesterday. The glovebox hanging to one side has been rectified thankfully. Even on my T-Jet (one of the side view pictures), that glovebox gap is visible on the extreme right. Good that they have fixed it now.

The warranty was 2 years (OE standard) + 2 years (extended) for my batch of T-Jets. Now that has been increased to 3 + 2 years.

Quote:
Also the SA claimed that bluetooth streaming of songs are not possible. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, he is right. Blue&Me does not support streaming of songs via Bluetooth. It will only support phone-related operations such as calls, message reader, phonebook, etc, and of course voice commands for music operations

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th June 2013 at 23:16.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 00:22   #1334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 145
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
T-Jet comparison thoughts : 2011 Linea T-Jet+ v/s 2013 Linea T-Jet Emotion
Excellent comparo of the old and new T-Jet Thanks much for accompanying me for the TD. Your inputs were indeed very helpful. Might bug you more in times to come
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 10:31   #1335
Senior - BHPian
 
puchoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Delhi / Shimla
Posts: 1,429
Thanked: 748 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Many thanks ajay_satpute!!

The brochure for the T-Jet lists down all the features , its available on the website

https://www.fiat-india.com/brochures...t_Brochure.pdf

I also have a hard copy of the new brochures which have been printed , will in sometime scan and put it up on the thread for reference as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
All those who have TDed and @puchoo, can you please put down the features on the ACTIVE variant? The official site is still not showing the specs for the Active variant.

@puchoo: Congrats on booking the beast!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Terrestrial Fighter Jet : Fiat Linea T-Jet+. EDIT: 3 years, 4th Service completed KarthikK Long-Term Ownership Reviews 220 8th April 2015 00:19
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks