Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th October 2010, 20:45   #16

A nice and detailed review with some beautiful pics.
I love the new dual-tone interiors.It has a premium feel to it.

Even though Tata is not very good in fit and finish,They compensate it by pricing it low. If tata refurbish this car with some premium interiors(add excellent finishing) and price it close to POLO, Nobody will buy it. so they try to cut costs in things where people like us could not find out .
I never felt that Tata fit and finish were bad untill i read some reviews here.
Sorry for the
rock18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 21:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Nice detailed review, and great pictures. Any detail about the price of the Safire90?
VeluM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 21:11   #18

Excellent review, FlyingSpur. You attention to detail is noteworthy. I also liked the pictures ( are you into photography? ).
As regards the car, no matter how good the car is , Tata has a hard task ahead. Reasons:
1) Quality issues not yet sorted out
2) Brand / service reputation ( ? )
3) Better offerings from competitiors
4) The Vista 90 has lost its VFM USP vis a vis its competitors ,and as GTO has said, the car is lost in the crowd.
5) Some goodies like electric mirrors, steeering mounted audio controls, ACC are missing.

I feel, if the above points are taken care of, along with proper marketing, the Vista would be a success, which it rightly deserves.
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 22:03   #19

Great Review Flying Spur! Was this the DriveTech version? or does that come only in the QJD or MJD? Sad that TATA have still not refined the finish of their cars. This could have been forgiven if they had bettered the servicing.
One more thing.. before folding the Backrest down you must lift the Bench seat over. One of the pics showing the Hump on the floor will reveal the hinges that allow this movement! and Voila the Backrest folds flat!!
boohooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 22:12   #20

Congratulations on your first review Flying Spur, it doesent seem like your first one though. Really awesome. IMHO the black beige combination looks simply awesome, much better than the previous grey beige combo.

Any idea on the OTR pricing in Mumbai?

Looking forward to such immaculate reviews from you.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 22:26   #21

Review: well done.
TATA motors: I fail to understand why they cant get the fit and finish right. Even a chimp after being taught long enough will figure out how to make a car. TATA is without doubt, my favourite indian car manufacturer and pains me to see them continue with their mistakes. C'mon TATA, you can do better than this.
simpleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
Makes me a bit sad though- what will it take for Tatas to realize that a knee jerk approach to Quality Control just won't do? Such a perfect car, yet half the target audience will rule it out only on the basis of low Quality.

On the other hand, the very same range of vehicles can turn out to be world beaters with the right attention to detail. Clearly a lot of attention has gone into design and engineering, only to be messed up with shoddy execution.
Couldn't agree with you more. High time Tata gets its QC better.The power window assembly panel coming off is truly Especially after the likes of Aria is on the market.
BTW, coming to the car, the engine is here, so where is the Indica Sport with the stiffened suspension,body kits and the extra 30BHP? Any confirmation about that @flyingspur?
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 23:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great review, Stunning Pictures, Specially the Tyre pressure Label one
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 23:22   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb Review! Its become a norm on Teambhp for such reviews. Every new review gets better than the previous one. Rated the thread 5 STARS.

Now the fit and finish is really shocking. Hopefully this model pushes the Punto 1.4 sales as this car is priced pretty close to the Punto.
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 23:48   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

cool review flying spur, the vista is a very competent spacious and VFM vehicle, it lack a certain desirablity now with the new range of hatches but yet should sell double of what it does.

This move by TATA will add to the desirability of the vehicle, but they need to do more.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 00:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

@flyingspur, thanks for the wonderful review. The new interiors of the Vista look better than the current one.
How do you rate this car against it's peers viz, Figo, Ritz, et al?
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 02:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice detailed review - I like the interior (but not the way its mounted!!)
Pulling up the whole panel while trying to raise a window just spells shoddy work.
Also - nice oem alloys.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 02:43   #28
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic Review FS & amazing pics of the Vista

I Seriously think that Space wise its unbeatable only if Tata can take care of the quality of plastics & overall fit & finish, it should sell in good numbers.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 02:49   #29

Excellent Review Flyingspur,

TATA's performing consistently well in maintaining inconsistent panel gaps, and interior misalignment. GTO's Manza review also revealed similar issues during test drive. This shows TATA's quality consciousness while assembling the car. The customer who buys Indica is well aware of such issues and ready to deal with them due to its cheapest spares. But its highly unacceptable if Aria/Manza owner starts to get the same feeling as of Indica/vista owner.
vinmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 04:37   #30
Team-BHP Support

Are these factory fitted wheels? For the first time I'm seeing the company offer hot looking wheels. They should have gone with the black theme and offered black center console.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote