Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th August 2013, 21:21   #1486
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Hi Team,
I am planning to book Yeti 4x4 Elegance in September. Any of you know the recent discounts going on for 4x4 Elegance model in Bangalore? Also any contacts with Tafe or Vinayank (Bangalore) would be appreciated. Will there be any facelift going to be soon launched in India. I can wait for it if it is going to be in next 3 months.

Thanks in advance.
If you speak to Hemanth in Vinayak and ask him for his best deal he is likely to oblige. I think there are quite a number of people who have bought from him based on my reference.
Cheers
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 19:53   #1487
sud
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi Team,
Thanks for all the replies. I will get in touch with the contacts shared. Most likely I will go with Vinayak (unless there is a big difference in the discounts being offered) as they seem to be willing to do OEM bluetooth fitment while Tafe is not confirming on the same.
sud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:25   #1488
sud
BHPian

Hi Team,
In today's TOI paper article, it is quoted that 'Skoda will certainly be bringing it here in india later this year'. Again after this I am getting confused should I buy now or not. Any of you can confirm on this news? My primary reason for waiting would be a possibility of getting DSG and other additional features.
sud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:58   #1489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Hi Team,
In today's TOI paper article, it is quoted that 'Skoda will certainly be bringing it here in india later this year'. Again after this I am getting confused should I buy now or not. Any of you can confirm on this news? My primary reason for waiting would be a possibility of getting DSG and other additional features.
New info - new yeti is available only on order, with 70k discounts in bangalore. Any yeti having more discounts than this is a 2012 model. Infact not many yetis are available off the shelf.
All new yeti is expected around end of 2014. Till then, it's sold on order.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:19   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Skoda to facelift Yeti soon, also introduce with smaller engines.

Skoda Yeti (facelifted) will be coming in India in the next few months after the official launch of the Octavia.
Rumors indicate Skoda is planning to introduce smaller engines on this compact SUV. It could get the 1.5-litre or the 1.6-litre diesel to make it competitive with the Duster and there is a good possibility to see the 1.2-litre TSI mill too.

On a later date( late 2014), once the Polo is available with the 1.5-litre diesel, expect the same mill to propel the Yeti too.
This will help Skoda to cut down the cost for the Yeti and get it in the Duster/Terrano price territory. The 1.2-litre turbo petrol, well maybe with the seven-speed DSG it could make a difference and also make it highly competitive too.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...ines-11068.htm
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 21:16   #1491
AAK

Here is one pic from my trip to Leh-Ladakh...
Yeti found its home finally.....
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_0901_compressed.jpg  

AAK is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 13:29   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Ok So this morning as I am ready to drive out the Yeti won't start. The starter goes klick klick klick... So I drive in another car and when I'm back about 45 mins later I take a look. Still the same klick klick klick... and the same when I try with the high beams off. So I'm not sure if it's the battery or what. Then before getting out of the car I switch on the music system and as the Cd starts playing I pull on the the leave for the high beam to come on. Music shuts off. So I try it again. Same thing.
Anyone know whats the warranty period on the Varta battery that comes with the Skoda? :(
Time to call Skoda?
Hi deutscheafrikar,
Even my Yeti battery went Kaput two days back (after around 32 months of usage). Got it changed with an Amaron DIN74 battery (74AH). The original Varta battery was 61AH, but even the service advisor recommended to change it to 74AH Amaron. This battery is slightly larger in size, but fits comfortably in the battery tray. I got the battery replaced through a local Amaron dealer who charged Rs 9500 (after returning old battery) for the replacement at my house. The Amaron battery carries 30 Months (replacement) + 30 Months (Pro-rata) warranty.
(Amaron service was quite prompt and they turned up at my house within 1 hour!)

Incidentally, all Skoda Yeti owners should be ready to replace their batteries at 2.5-3 year timeframe- this was what the service advisor told me.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 14:32   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
Here is one pic from my trip to Leh-Ladakh...
Yeti found its home finally.....
Looking beautiful. Do you have a travelogue of your trip or plan to put one up soon, please? Would be great to see and hear on how the Yeti fared on the trip.

Last edited by k_ajay : 29th August 2013 at 14:44.
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 19:58   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Hi Behemoth
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a Chevy magnum with a Varta Battery earlier I think it lasted as long as you said. So maybe something to do with the brand battery life? The Varta has a 2 year warranty. Cost is about 7.5K.

I called road assistance and they came with a nearly dead battery. So it wouldn't jump start so he went away and got another battery in about 1/2 hour and started the car. I drove to the workshop. When I entered the workshop it was noticed the fuel gauge wasn't working. It was working earlier and worked later too.

They checked the car for two days to see if it was an electrical fault or battery was bad. I could have bought a new battery immediately and I intended too. But the fuel gauge not working made me leave the car there.

Later the fuel gauge sensor was changed. Pity such things happen but I had mentioned earlier that such failures could be because of the vehicle lying with skoda or at the dealer for a long time. In fact I had asked the sales exec when the car was purchased about the battery since I had a feeling this would happen. He shrugged it off as being a dry battery and it would last. Perhaps he didn't realize.

At no time did I take out the multi-meter or any other gauge I have to check the voltage or the drop in voltage when I self started.
If anyone has to change the yeti battery this is something from the owners manual
Cheers

You must only disconnect the battery if the ignition is switched off, otherwise
the electrical system (electronic components) of the vehicle may be damaged.
When disconnecting the battery from the electrical system of the vehicle, first disconnect
the negative terminal (-) of the battery. Then disconnect the positive terminal
(+).
● When reconnecting the battery, first connect the positive terminal (+) and only
then the negative terminal (-) of the battery. You must on no account connect the
cables wrongly - risk of a cable fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi deutscheafrikar,
Even my Yeti battery went Kaput two days back (after around 32 months of usage). Got it changed with an Amaron DIN74 battery (74AH). The original Varta battery was 61AH,

Incidentally, all Skoda Yeti owners should be ready to replace their batteries at 2.5-3 year timeframe- this was what the service advisor told me.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 30th August 2013 at 20:17.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 20:07   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
t could get the 1.5-litre or the 1.6-litre diesel to make it competitive with the Duster and there is a good possibility to see the 1.2-litre TSI mill too.
Makes one wonder - how much exactly does 400-500cc of capacity really cost? Do they have to downsize the engine to go downmarket, or are they downsizing only because they have to go downmarket?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 21:18   #1496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Makes one wonder - how much exactly does 400-500cc of capacity really cost? Do they have to downsize the engine to go downmarket, or are they downsizing only because they have to go downmarket?
I guess downmarket is a wrong term to use. In other markets, engine options like the 1.2 TSI are already available in the Yeti. IMO, its good if they decide to provide those multiple engine options in India as well. And if helps to widen the overall appeal, no harm in exploring that.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 09:26   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

Had gone to Siliguri 3 days back. It was around 7pm when we decided to head back, but it started to rain so heavily that we decided to wait a bit. When the rain turned into a drizzle, we started.

But it very hard to drive as the Car kept fogging. The RHS wiper wasn't cleaning as good as the LHS (dunno, but it happens with most Cars, leaves a thin coat of Fog or something) I switched on the defogger, but no effect. Switched on the max defog button, but...at the end, had to roll down the windows and drive.

In the Figo/Pajero, however, this problem doesn't crop up. And it was the first time it had rained that hard while driving the Yeti.

Switched on the DRL (proper lamp) on the Yeti. It is a sea of change amongst the fake DRL strips running on every other Car. Its quite powerful as well. In basements you don't need to switch on the head-lamp and it is a joy to see the illuminated needles in the instrument cluster, it is a sight to behold.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 10:15   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi deutscheafrikar,
Even my Yeti battery went Kaput two days back (after around 32 months of usage). Got it changed with an Amaron DIN74 battery (74AH). The original Varta battery was 61AH, but even the service advisor recommended to change it to 74AH Amaron. This battery is slightly larger in size, but fits comfortably in the battery tray. I got the battery replaced through a local Amaron dealer who charged Rs 9500 (after returning old battery) for the replacement at my house. The Amaron battery carries 30 Months (replacement) + 30 Months (Pro-rata) warranty.
(Amaron service was quite prompt and they turned up at my house within 1 hour!)

Regards,
Behemoth
Similar thing happened with my fabia in 2012 (the car was only 12 months old at that time). The battery went Kaput, however got it replaced under warranty.
one year later in July 2013, the battery went dead again (By this time the car was 2 years and one month old) but this time Skoda (Workshop) refused to replace the battery saying the battery warranty is only valid for the regular 2 years of warranty and since my car was one month into extended warranty, they can not replace it. So finally got it changed with AMARON 60AH battery.

SO, far My Yeti has not faced any battery issues but having said that the Yeti is only 13 months old.
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 11:23   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Had gone to Siliguri 3 days back. It was around 7pm when we decided to head back, but it started to rain so heavily that we decided to wait a bit. When the rain turned into a drizzle, we started.

But it very hard to drive as the Car kept fogging. The RHS wiper wasn't cleaning as good as the LHS (dunno, but it happens with most Cars, leaves a thin coat of Fog or something) I switched on the defogger, but no effect. Switched on the max defog button, but...at the end, had to roll down the windows and drive.

In the Figo/Pajero, however, this problem doesn't crop up. And it was the first time it had rained that hard while driving the Yeti.
I have experienced something similar too. It was just a light drizzle but it did not warrant having the wiper on all the time. So I set it to the slowest auto mode which was good enough. But the bottom of the windscreen kept fogging up and I had to use the wiper to clear it. I opened all the Ac vents for the rear passengers too and that reduced the problem. It seemed to me there is some amount of cooled air being directed at the windscreen all the time at all settings and that creates the problem. I hope it does not mean air is leaking towards the windscreen due faulty flaps or something.

Any solutions anybody? First problem I have had regarding the driveability.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 12:07   #1500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
But the bottom of the windscreen kept fogging up and I had to use the wiper to clear it. I opened all the Ac vents for the rear passengers too and that reduced the problem. It seemed to me there is some amount of cooled air being directed at the windscreen all the time at all settings and that creates the problem. I hope it does not mean air is leaking towards the windscreen due faulty flaps or something.
Apparently a common issue in both Yeti & Laura - at least as per Skoda Service chaps.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote