Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 22:09   #1681
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Any DMF problem would also show us as engine misbehaviour like unstable idling, juddering if it is a functional issue. Though difficult to guess remotely, but if your car is driving fine and engine is not exhibiting any drivability issues it should be fine.
My car is running fine. I cannot discern any juddering etc .The clutch is fine,even in first gear. Starting is fine also.I just hope its not the DMF.
Carcrazy60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 01:33   #1682
Senior - BHPian
 
ad3952n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Noida (U.P)
Posts: 1,589
Thanked: 1,832 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Folks, Since there wasn't any other thread for this info hence I am posting the pics of Skoda Yeti Xtreme here.

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-10426697_10152178176156234_6573837173342741400_n.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-10172687_10152178176856234_2804985802102710677_n.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-10365874_10152178176341234_1673492264828980063_n.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-10351731_10152178176771234_7761421854351118207_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutosBlog/photos_stream

Thanks.

Last edited by ad3952n : 2nd June 2014 at 01:35. Reason: edit
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:05   #1683
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi Fellow Yetians,

1. Have been quoted 15,500/- for comprehensive insurance and 29,000/- for a Zero-depreciation policy , both from Skoda Insurance (tie-up with Bajaj Allianz). I have a 2012 4X4 Ambition model. Thought of sharing this with fellow Yetians and checking if anyone has managed to get a better quote.

2. The service interval as per the manual is 15,000 KMS or 1 year which ever earlier, however the dealer insists on a service/check-up every 6 months, wondering if this is absolutely required and whether one can skip this and what are the consequences of the same. The official website has got no reference to these 6 monthly checkups.

Insights deeply appreciated.

Regards
Faraz
faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:00   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,630
Thanked: 3,826 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
2. The service interval as per the manual is 15,000 KMS or 1 year which ever earlier, however the dealer insists on a service/check-up every 6 months, wondering if this is absolutely required and whether one can skip this and what are the consequences of the same. The official website has got no reference to these 6 monthly checkups.
Faraz, ask the svc explicitly about what charges would they levy if it is a checkup. Service of course will be chargeable.

It would be a good idea as well to get the Car inspected every 6 months, but w/o any cost for a thorough checkup. Consumables of course will be charged as well as labor if it is time consuming (and not for something like change of wiper blades).
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:41   #1685
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I had given Yeti for the DMF problem check up. After disassembling it thrice they say it will be changed under warranty. Now they want the car back to check the dmf manufacturer's name. What is worse the new part will come after 15 days. Skoda needs to tighten up its system.
Carcrazy60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 06:44   #1686
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,630
Thanked: 3,826 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Law of Murphy strikes.

It was all good when Skoda's ASC was there at Siliguri. Now that we have to go to Patna for routine service/parts, we need the ASC in more close proximity.

The Car's rear left disc plate needs a change which wasn't there at Singh Skoda, Patna when the Car when for service on 11th June.

Yesterday, the Car was involved in a shunt. Windscreen, right headlamp, bumper, front skid plate, right side ORVM & wiper stalk needs to be changed. As per the rough calculation done from ACI's part catalog list, the amount crosses Rs. 50K (just for spares).
Bonnet is dented as well, not severly. Should we get it changed or the denter will do the job?

What would the rough estimation be for parts arrival at the ASC?

I will be sending pics to our BHPian Carcrazy60 who can ask guys at Singh Skoda, Patna to hurry for parts.

It happened at night and it was with a buffalo, not visible, as per the chauffeur. He was alone, so we don't really know the circumstances.

Another thing, Jia Auto suddenly decided one day to shut its ASC at Siliguri. An year ago it had shut its showroom at Siliguri. And Skoda guys have no control over its dealers, I have e-mail exchanges with Skoda with a cc to GTO always (to be on the safe side). One of the prime reason I have put the car on classified :(
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 08:16   #1687
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 984
Thanked: 631 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Recently on my Madhya Pradesh trip, i jumped onto a big and bad bump, which seems to have broken my headlamp clamp (see marked in red), Any suggestion how to get that fixed. My headlight is still intact but is loose.
How can the clamp break when you go over a bump? Its usually fastened to the body and I believe there's a clamp and a screw type fastener, so going over a bump would not have an impact on the headlamps.

I'm pretty sure there could be some other reason. Did anybody tamper under the hood?
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 08:43   #1688
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 802
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Can't they figure it out with your VIN and decoding it online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I had given Yeti for the DMF problem check up. After disassembling it thrice they say it will be changed under warranty. Now they want the car back to check the dmf manufacturer's name. What is worse the new part will come after 15 days. Skoda needs to tighten up its system.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 22:28   #1689
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Can't they figure it out with your VIN and decoding it online?

It seems they have a system of photographing the parts to be changed. The manufacturers have their own symbols which they need to see, why I do not know. It seems to me that they will have all the details once they change the part so why the delay?
Carcrazy60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2014, 06:49   #1690
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default

Another bad experience with Skoda ASC, last month I went to get the 3rd service after 45,000 kms of my Yeti. During the service they changed the AC value mentioning that it was showing up in their system to change it under warranty. After driving it for a month I noticed their was considerable loss in the cooling and sent the vehicle back to service centre. The vehicle has been with them for last 4 days to identify the problem. Yesterday I lost my patience and then the service manager acknowledged the problem that the compressor and fan stops in between which results in the loss of cooling. Now to resolve the problem they will have to wait for engineer to come from Skoda analyze the problem which will take another 7-8 days.

The question I asked them why do they have to change the value at first place since I have been driving yeti for 2.5 years and had never complained even once on AC performance.

Even these guys will not compensate you with another vehicle or taxi fare during this period.

Do you guys know anyone at Skoda who can help me.
amit_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 09:39   #1691
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,055
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
Another bad experience with Skoda ASC, last month I went to get the 3rd service after 45,000 kms of my Yeti. During the service they changed the AC value mentioning that it was showing up in their system to change it under warranty. After driving it for a month I noticed their was considerable loss in the cooling and sent the vehicle back to service centre. The vehicle has been with them for last 4 days to identify the problem. Yesterday I lost my patience and then the service manager acknowledged the problem that the compressor and fan stops in between which results in the loss of cooling. Now to resolve the problem they will have to wait for engineer to come from Skoda analyze the problem which will take another 7-8 days.

The question I asked them why do they have to change the value at first place since I have been driving yeti for 2.5 years and had never complained even once on AC performance.

Even these guys will not compensate you with another vehicle or taxi fare during this period.

Do you guys know anyone at Skoda who can help me.
Wow, When I was into 2nd service, even I am told the AC compressor/valve needs to be changed on my Yeti under warranty, though I have no issue with the AC which other owners are experiencing. I was planning to give the car for 3-4 days which they need to work on the AC. Now, I am hesitant if I should proceed with it at all (why fix when it ain't broken?). Can other owners throw some more insights into the AC performance post-replacement of the AC compressors/valve?

I am also considering purchasing the Ross-tech VCDS USB cable. On the net, there are many of them, genuine and not so ones.. However, I found this on ebay India and was wondering if this is a genuine ROSS-TECH VCDS cable - http://www.ebay.in/itm/VAG-12-12-HEX...p2054897.l4275 ? The price quoted is 4K which is far less than ones I saw in other places.

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th July 2014 at 09:40.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 11:03   #1692
BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 897
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Wow, When I was into 2nd service, even I am told the AC compressor/valve needs to be changed on my Yeti under warranty, though I have no issue with the AC which other owners are experiencing. I was planning to give the car for 3-4 days which they need to work on the AC. Now, I am hesitant if I should proceed with it at all (why fix when it ain't broken?). Can other owners throw some more insights into the AC performance post-replacement of the AC compressors/valve?

I am also considering purchasing the Ross-tech VCDS USB cable. On the net, there are many of them, genuine and not so ones.. However, I found this on ebay India and was wondering if this is a genuine ROSS-TECH VCDS cable - http://www.ebay.in/itm/VAG-12-12-HEX...p2054897.l4275 ? The price quoted is 4K which is far less than ones I saw in other places.
Get the compressor and valve changed as recommended as it is prone to failure and is being done as a recall. Best to get it done sooner than later. Mine has also been chnaged a few months back.
The Ross tech cable in the ebay link you have shared is a fake. Please don't buy a fake cable as it can even damage your Yeti. You will be safer borrowing a genuine VCDS cable from someone. I am sure there would be BHPians in Bangalore who can help you out.

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th July 2014 at 11:04.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2014, 23:54   #1693
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default

If the compressor and value both are to be changed so why didn't they do it together at first place. What I understand from service engineer is that as per their procedure if there is oil colour has changed then only they are recommending to change the compressor and in all other cases they will only replace value. Don't you think this is too much and taking customers for ride. I have a suggestion if we all Yeti owners could unite and file a PIL against Skoda for this treatment given to us.
amit_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 18:57   #1694
BHPian
 
bobbafett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 107
Thanked: 166 Times
Default

Has there been a recall internationally for this compressor issue?
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 05:16   #1695
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 5 Times
Default 2yr old Yeti 4X4 : Dilemma Sell or Keep

Hi Folks,

I have a 2 yrs. old 4x4 Yeti Ambition trim, done 18,000 kms in Mumbai. The vehicle is in impeccable condition and has been trouble free (touch wood) so far. It came with a 4-year warranty so I guess nothing to worry about for the next 2 years. I have typically used my cars in the past for a period of 7 – 10 years and have never had any major issues. My cars have always been serviced by the authorized dealerships and have largely been trouble free

I am very happy with the performance and capability of the Yeti, it is just perfect for city use, the highway run and some amount of off-roading that I do occasionally. Over all, I would say I am extremely happy with the vehicle. My after sales experience has also been very good, no reason to complain about.

My Dilemma is as follows
- Does it make sense to keep the vehicle in view of the recent news of VW planning to shut down the Skoda brand in India?
- If I decide to sell what is the expected price?
- If I decide to sell, what is an option worth considering for replacement?, I find Fortuner very big, for my use high ground clearance is very important, especially with 5 passengers and their luggage, 4x4 while not a absolute must is desirable, gives peace of mind when you encounter some unpredictable road conditions
- If I decide to retain, any indicative costs of running Yeti over long-term period say 7-10 years?
- How easy/difficult would it be to maintain Yeti if Skoda is pulled out of India?

Regards

Faraz
faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) pramods Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 818 27th April 2016 18:08
Skoda dealers charging RTO tax & insurance on old (higher) price, not new (lower) price S2!!! Indian Car Dealerships 17 3rd October 2015 15:13
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12
YetiBlog® - The day the Yeti almost died (No Pictures - sorry!) Sam Kapasi Travelogues 166 7th October 2010 01:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:09.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks