Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th September 2014, 19:43   #1741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
You mean cameras right? Parking sensors don't come on ORVMs and are fitted to the front and rear bumpers on the sides (Apart from the 8 sensors which already come factory fitted) which gives full 360 degrees parking view. I have these fitted. Usually it's the camera that comes under ORVMs of cars for all round view.

Well the idea is to have full 360 degrees view, whether through cameras so sensors. I have the parking sensors but at times bikes and cycles parked between the sensors become invisible.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 19:50   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Well the idea is to have full 360 degrees view, whether through cameras so sensors. I have the parking sensors but at times bikes and cycles parked between the sensors become invisible.

Okay. All round sensors come as part of auto parking. Ver 1.5 requires only side sensors up front but ver 2.0 PLA requires front and back side sensors which sums up to a total of 12 sensors which gives 360 degree view like this.
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-ops-360.jpg

Pic source - Google Images.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 14th September 2014 at 19:59.
ajaypjayaraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 23:21   #1743
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
The big question on the Yeti is - Do you really get the metal & space for the price you pay?

Look forward to the new Yeti being launched in India. Last time I checked with the dealers in Bangalore, they seem to be pushing for the existing model and dont have an idea of when the new one is going to be launched. Additionally, they dont seem to be offering any discounts :(
Wasn't it recently posted that the new model was not going to be offered in India?

As for space, I don't people who buy this car are buying by the cu ft. It is like saying that the Ford Ecosport would never sell because it isn't big, because it is a hatch, not an SUV because it is... all those things that it is supposed to be, and all the things that its market will buy it for.

People will not buy the Yeti to transport huge families in comfort (although it is hardly small) and they may not buy it for flag-waving bully-boy driving. However, in its own niche it is superb, and very desirable.

Of course, never mind the cubic footage, affording it is another matter
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 00:10   #1744
BHPian

Agree on that Thad - it's a lifestyle choice and the engines with the 4 WD are amazing...
Maybe it's time Skoda rolled out a full size SUV....there will be buyers for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
adnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 09:10   #1745
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

India is maturing, albeit slowly.

The mass markets still consider vehicles a luxury and hence, the point of view about paying for a vehicle on basis of a per cubic foot of volume is the norm.

There is however, a niche market which is slowly but surely gaining ground, where Quality/ Comfort/Safety considerations overcome those of Quantity/ Size/ Bulk.

One lives and learns...
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 10:50   #1746
BHPian

Agree, but we are a mature market and we know what we want- problem being ( which has always been the case) - value for the money we spend and that to perceivable value rather than just a brand.

Auto makers know this quite well and have been playing on that notion - downside being - we always get the lower tunes products because they do not believe in catering to the niche segment - it's always numbers. Look at the Yeti ( good example not launching the new model in India) Mercedes S class not bringing the full options to India and Audi & others still focussing on what the larger public can afford. ... Guess the numbers game will still go on

adnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 17:51   #1747
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit off-topic, but... Audi is a bit of a strange one, especially here in India. it is a lot more expensive, but does not deliver that much more for the considerable extra money.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 17:58   #1748
BHPian

I am facing strange issue since last few hundred kms during idling. The RPM climbs to 1100 while idling at traffic signal even during nights. I am not sure it used to happen before or not. One more thing i noticed the other day was ambient temp climbing almost to 52 when outside temp was around 42. This happened during idle in the afternoon. Later when i drove a few kms it came down to 42. After this incident i cleaned the radiator with pressure washer and also cleaned the air filter. The temp climbing problem seemed to have solved. But increased RPM is still an issue (even during nights)
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 19:46   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I am facing strange issue since last few hundred kms during idling. The RPM climbs to 1100 while idling at traffic signal even during nights. I am not sure it used to happen before or not. One more thing i noticed the other day was ambient temp climbing almost to 52 when outside temp was around 42. This happened during idle in the afternoon. Later when i drove a few kms it came down to 42. After this incident i cleaned the radiator with pressure washer and also cleaned the air filter. The temp climbing problem seemed to have solved. But increased RPM is still an issue (even during nights)
I am not sure about Yeti but in my Octavia sometimes it idle at 1100 instead of 800 and this is normal, this is based on whether AC is on and temp settings. If interior temp is same as the set temp then it will idle at 800 if not as it has to run the compressor it will idle at 1100.
B747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 20:06   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
I am not sure about Yeti but in my Octavia sometimes it idle at 1100 instead of 800 and this is normal, this is based on whether AC is on and temp settings. If interior temp is same as the set temp then it will idle at 800 if not as it has to run the compressor it will idle at 1100.
I thought of the same, but it was happening in the night and AC was turned off. May be the DPF regeneration was happening.
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 07:12   #1751
BHPian

Thoughts on the new Yeti - has the power output increased?

Old 8th October 2014, 07:51   #1752
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
Thoughts on the new Yeti - has the power output increased?

Nope. There isn't any significant change in the technical specs between both models.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2014, 06:52   #1753
BHPian

Thanks for the info - for a prospective buyer, it seems the 4x4 is the way to go then...

Old 27th October 2014, 16:53   #1754
BHPian

Got the second service done today . Total cost Rs 12614/00 which included three wheel nut caps for about rs150/00.

Funny thing was today morning the Yeti failed to start at the first crank. This was perhaps only the fourth time it has happened in two years. I did not think much of it. I wandered into the service area while the mobile was being changed. Suddenly the tech realised that a wire leading to a glow plug was loose. There was no warning and the car had behaved perfectly well. Amazing.

A serviced Yeti does feel different even if the servicing was being done by calendar and not kms.

The clutch pedal was making a khat sound on being used. They have greased it and the sound has disappeared for now. I have asked them to check if the clutch pedal assembly needs to be changed under warranty as apparently some bush has increased play.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 15:07   #1755
BHPian

Ok, so last week I gave my just over 2 yrs old Ambition 4x2 for 45 k service. I had opted for additional wheel alignment and brake cleaning. I went for alignment as car was pulling towards left. when the car came back it still pulled on the left.
The very next day I received a call from Skoda customer satisfaction department and I told them i m not happy with the service as alignment is not properly done. Yesterday I got a call from the service centre saying that they would like to rectify the problem by doing the wheel alignment again, so this morning I sent my driver to the service centre to get it done. I get a call from the service advisor saying that they have done the alignment again but the car still pulls to the left, he said they have checked and it seems that shock absorber needs to be replaced. I said fine go ahead and do it since the car is under extended warranty. But he refused that shocks are under warranty only for 7000 kms, i was shocked to hear this and said this is not true. I asked him to give in writing, he sent a hand written note saying all this.

So my Question: Is it true that Shocks are not covered under extended warranty?
What to do next?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote