Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 20:48   #1861
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,482
Thanked: 7,791 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Thanks. My car is parked in office parking. Can I fill up coolant and drive to service center. Its 50 km drive.
You should be able to but keep an eye on the gauge. It all depends on how fast it is leaking. My Jetta needed a top up after two weeks
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 22:45   #1862
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,788
Thanked: 1,216 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Thanks. My car is parked in office parking. Can I fill up coolant and drive to service center. Its 50 km drive.
I kept topping up with water every time the light showed. No damage, and in any case they bleed the system and top up with new coolant anyway.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 23:20   #1863
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I kept topping up with water every time the light showed. No damage, and in any case they bleed the system and top up with new coolant anyway.
Thanks. I drove back with coolant topped up. Surprisingly no drop in coolant level while I drove back home 45kms. I am guessing the leak is happening only when car is parked. May be a slow leak somewhere but it seems water pump is fine. I will take my car tomorrow
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 16:59   #1864
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Hi guys.
So today the "control system for exhaust" light came on while driving. The car seemed to be driving normally though.
After i reached my destination i switched off the car and started it, it was still there. Then after waiting for about 20 mins did the same and this time there was no such light.
What could be the reason?
I anyways have to give my car for 60k km service, will definitely get it checked.

Last edited by sagpatel : 20th July 2015 at 17:12.
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 19:04   #1865
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 979 Times
Default Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi guys.
So today the "control system for exhaust" light came on while driving. The car seemed to be driving normally though.
After i reached my destination i switched off the car and started it, it was still there. Then after waiting for about 20 mins did the same and this time there was no such light.
What could be the reason?
I anyways have to give my car for 60k km service, will definitely get it checked.

Could be a DPF soot collection problem, EGR valve problem or either of the sensors going faulty.. Frequent short runs with very less revving might add to it. A scan would pin point the fault.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 20th July 2015 at 19:08.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 21:08   #1866
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Here is an update on the issue with "control system for exhaust" light. I gave my car for 60k service. They ran a scan and found that it was the water pump for coolent that was causing it. Since the car is still under extended warranty , they will replace it and have ordered it since it was not in stock. They also suggested me to get the brake pads and discs replaced. I was thinking of changing brake pads and discs to brembos this time. Will this void warranty of the car and where can i find them and get fitted in mumbai?
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 21:26   #1867
BHPian
 
sumzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 85
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Here is an update on the issue with "control system for exhaust" light. I gave my car for 60k service. They ran a scan and found that it was the water pump for coolent that was causing it. Since the car is still under extended warranty , they will replace it and have ordered it since it was not in stock. They also suggested me to get the brake pads and discs replaced. I was thinking of changing brake pads and discs to brembos this time. Will this void warranty of the car and where can i find them and get fitted in mumbai?
Discs to be replaced?? I guess you should take a second opinion before you do that. Also, have you found trembling/vibrations of the steering at high speeds or vibrations upon braking? If not then definitely worth a wait. When did you last change your brake pads?
sumzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 21:39   #1868
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

I have not changed the brake pads ever. This would be the first time. I also thought that discs dont need a replacement as there are absolutely no vibrations felt during braking at high speeds nor on the steering.
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 01:06   #1869
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,387
Thanked: 5,239 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have not changed the brake pads ever. This would be the first time. I also thought that discs dont need a replacement as there are absolutely no vibrations felt during braking at high speeds nor on the steering.
If this is the first time you are changing pads, as you said, then there is no need to change the discs. Though while changing the pads I think it is a good idea to get the discs skimmed.

If you find the braking adequate then stick to stock pads. If you want more bite/power then start off with Brembo pads which you can source from their person in Goa.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 01:24   #1870
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have not changed the brake pads ever. This would be the first time. I also thought that discs dont need a replacement as there are absolutely no vibrations felt during braking at high speeds nor on the steering.
Brembo has two kind of disc. Normal and slotted rotor. If you want slotted rotor then only change the disc otherwise no need for change. Just get the pads changed to Brembo. They cost same as skoda. As far as slotted rotor disc is concerned they are vast improvement over the OEM disc and you will feel the performance. They cost 16k for front pair. I have changed the pads and disc at 95k to Brembo and i like them.
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 01:26   #1871
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Thanks. I drove back with coolant topped up. Surprisingly no drop in coolant level while I drove back home 45kms. I am guessing the leak is happening only when car is parked. May be a slow leak somewhere but it seems water pump is fine. I will take my car tomorrow
Update. It was water pump issue and was replaced under warranty
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 06:56   #1872
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 979 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I have changed the pads and disc at 95k to Brembo and i like them.

That is for all 4 discs and pads? All 4 slotted discs or front only slotted? Could you share the details/cost break up please. Thanks.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 09:13   #1873
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
That is for all 4 discs and pads? All 4 slotted discs or front only slotted? Could you share the details/cost break up please. Thanks.
There is no rotor disc for rear. My rear disc were in good condition so didn't change.

Front Slotted rotor Disc: 16k
Front pads: 5500
Rear Pads: 4800
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 09:21   #1874
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 979 Times
Default Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
There is no rotor disc for rear. My rear disc were in good condition so didn't change.



Front Slotted rotor Disc: 16k

Front pads: 5500

Rear Pads: 4800

Thanks. You said 95K Kms huh. Sorry, confused that for cost! 😅

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 29th July 2015 at 09:23.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 10:17   #1875
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 129
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

i think i will go with changing the brake pads only, if i go with brembo, will it void warranty?
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) pramods Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 818 27th April 2016 18:08
Skoda dealers charging RTO tax & insurance on old (higher) price, not new (lower) price S2!!! Indian Car Dealerships 17 3rd October 2015 15:13
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12
YetiBlog® - The day the Yeti almost died (No Pictures - sorry!) Sam Kapasi Travelogues 166 7th October 2010 01:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:46.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks