Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 17:24   #1906
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hi Faraz, they need to communicate with Skoda before carrying out the work and after replacement also - hence it may take a few days. Having said that, the estimate of 4 - 5 days may include some buffer also. I guess it's okay to leave the car.
Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 22:20   #1907
BHPian
 
avinash_clt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eindhoven/KL11
Posts: 212
Thanked: 584 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
After scouting around here and elsewhere on the Internet, the part number for the oil is G 055 175 A2. There have been issues with availability of this oil in the past. Thankfully it is available in stock. Will update as soon as I have it changed. The only other query I had was if the Haldex 4 unit also requires a filter change?
Attachment 1465632
From the information I could find in Skoda and VW forums abroad, the 4th generation Haldex system doesn't require the filter to be replaced. As such a part number for the filter couldn't be found nor a oil+filter replacement kit recommended for the 4th generation Haldex. Also have read in multiple guides that the filter on these 4th gen Haldex systems were not able to be removed when people did try. So I guess it would be only the oil change.

I had been following up with my dealer regarding the Haldex oil for Superb and they have received the correct grade of oil

The Haldex oil as received by Skoda ASC
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-haldex-oil-bottle-front.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-haldex-oil-bottle-rear.jpg
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 17:25   #1908
BHPian
 
Screwdriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London/ Bombay
Posts: 450
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Our 2010 YETI 4X4 has begun making loud grinding/ vibrating noises when the clutch is engaged/ disengaged. No noise when the car is being driven normally. After 6 years of trouble free operation (faulty AC compressor aside), we've been dreading this. The car is no longer under warranty and has covered 87K kilometers.

Any thoughts on what may be? I suspect it may be the clutch and/ or the flywheel. Given the complexity of the Haldex setup, I'm guessing this won't be cheap.
Screwdriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 14:16   #1909
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Just today i faced a unique problem where driver side vents are cooling properly whereas passenger side vents doesn't. On calling skoda i am told that there may be cooling coil leakage. Any suggestion on what could be the problem?
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:48   #1910
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Just today i faced a unique problem where driver side vents are cooling properly whereas passenger side vents doesn't. On calling skoda i am told that there may be cooling coil leakage. Any suggestion on what could be the problem?
Have faced this problem. Could not diagnose it for quite some time and Skoda guys kept guessing some part or the other could have gone kaput. Finally it starting showing a faulty temperature sendor for the left vents. There is more than one, but one of it was faulty. Initially the fault was showing intermittently. Anyways the problem was rectified by replacing that temperature sender. But the catch is that it did not show up on scan initially. Only after many days, it started throwing a fault. By this time the service centre guys had planned on replacing many parts of the AC unit in the engine bay! I told them not to proceed without correct diagnosis even if it is under warranty. Faulty temperature sender could be one of the reasons.
ajaypjayaraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 16:13   #1911
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 7
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

My temperature sensor in yeti was working properly for close to a year. At times it use to show even 52 etc. After repeated trail & errors with various branches of Gurudev motors in Chennai, it was detected that the wire of the temperature sensor was touching some part near the engine.
Now it is working well.
srik0305 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 17:34   #1912
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Have faced this problem. Could not diagnose it for quite some time and Skoda guys kept guessing some part or the other could have gone kaput. Finally it starting showing a faulty temperature sendor for the left vents. There is more than one, but one of it was faulty. Initially the fault was showing intermittently. Anyways the problem was rectified by replacing that temperature sender. But the catch is that it did not show up on scan initially. Only after many days, it started throwing a fault. By this time the service centre guys had planned on replacing many parts of the AC unit in the engine bay! I told them not to proceed without correct diagnosis even if it is under warranty. Faulty temperature sender could be one of the reasons.
i will ask them to check temperature sender for left vents. I do hear a hissing sound when starting AC, so it may low Gas as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
My temperature sensor in yeti was working properly for close to a year. At times it use to show even 52 etc. After repeated trail & errors with various branches of Gurudev motors in Chennai, it was detected that the wire of the temperature sensor was touching some part near the engine.
Now it is working well.
I have been facing same problem from last 1 year, however i couldn't replicate the problem everytime i visited the service center. i will push them to check it. Do you know the part number from your invoice?
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 22:00   #1913
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Do you know the part number from your invoice?
Left/Right footwell vent temp sender G261/G262 part no. - 4B0820539

Left/Right vent temp sender G150/G151 part no. - need to check
ajaypjayaraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 18:45   #1914
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Left/Right footwell vent temp sender G261/G262 part no. - 4B0820539

Left/Right vent temp sender G150/G151 part no. - need to check
Ajay
Didn't you put those Fender Arch Flared extenders in ABS Plastic on your Yeti?
Just checking, when you did that (if you did) then did they stick these on, over the rear wheel arches without removing the clear transparent plastic stone chip guard which comes OEM with the vehicle?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 19:17   #1915
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ajay
Didn't you put those Fender Arch Flared extenders in ABS Plastic on your Yeti?
Just checking, when you did that (if you did) then did they stick these on, over the rear wheel arches without removing the clear transparent plastic stone chip guard which comes OEM with the vehicle?
No, did not remove it. Replied in detail in the other thread.
ajaypjayaraj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2016, 19:20   #1916
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
No, did not remove it. Replied in detail in the other thread.
thanks a lot for your kind help!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 11:31   #1917
BHPian
 
abbey4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 436
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Left/Right footwell vent temp sender G261/G262 part no. - 4B0820539

Left/Right vent temp sender G150/G151 part no. - need to check
Thanks ajay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
i will ask them to check temperature sender for left vents. I do hear a hissing sound when starting AC, so it may low Gas as well.



I have been facing same problem from last 1 year, however i couldn't replicate the problem everytime i visited the service center. i will push them to check it. Do you know the part number from your invoice?
Update. It's cooling coil leak only. The Gas was mere 200 g against 510 g recommended and hence low cooling. Not sure what's the technology behind cooling the driver side when gas is low .

I just topped up the gas as it should complete this season. I will then have to get the coil changes which is going to cost me around 30k . According to service center i am not eligible for goodwil warranty as my running is high. (1.2 L kms in 3.5 yrs). Will write to skoda and check if something can be covered as i always had my car serviced by ASS
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 12:14   #1918
BHPian
 
ajaypjayaraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KL 11
Posts: 909
Thanked: 980 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

^
If it was the faulty temperature sender, the left cooling will work if you set the temperature knob to left most (min temp - blue) position. Forgot to mention this earlier.
ajaypjayaraj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 14:23   #1919
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 7
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Sorry I dont have the part no.
srik0305 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 07:20   #1920
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Hey guys,

My yeti is due for 4 yr/45k service. Can the experienced members advise what to expect in this service and costs ? The website does have a service cost calculator but typically when you visit the service centre they add on more items.

I would like this information before I go in for a service and avoid getting conned by the service centres.

Regards,
Faraz.
faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) pramods Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 818 27th April 2016 18:08
Skoda dealers charging RTO tax & insurance on old (higher) price, not new (lower) price S2!!! Indian Car Dealerships 17 3rd October 2015 15:13
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12
YetiBlog® - The day the Yeti almost died (No Pictures - sorry!) Sam Kapasi Travelogues 166 7th October 2010 01:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks