Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th September 2016, 16:53   #1951
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi all, need some help here.
Just after 4 years of car purchase, compressor decides to give up. I was on my way to out of mumbai but had to come back due to this. On my way back i checked with autobahn skoda service centre in goregaon and they refused to take my car in as they have more than 100 cars pending to be serviced.
I have heard that there was a recall of compressor for Laura/yeti. The service advisor told me that there was no such recall. Now i am afraid that they may not do it under the recall.
Was there a circular or any affirmative from skoda on compressor recall which i can show to these people to get my work done smoothly.
Hi Sagpatel

This Yeti Compressor replacement drive was in 2011 for 2010 manufactured cars to replace the lower capacity compressor with a Higher capacity compressor. I doubt that this recall would show up as a recall in their systems now!
If you get the compressor replaced at a Skoda workshop it will cost you 75K+. However if you get an aftermarket job done, the whole replacement costs around 30K, with a compressor better than the Skoda Original compressor. You can find the equivalent aftermarket compressor part number on the Mister Auto app and then try to get the compressor locally.
Mod @Anshuman recently got the compressor replaced on his Laura in the aftermarket - you can maybe PM him and take help and advice from him.

Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 17:26   #1952
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi Everyone,

My Yeti is just over 4 years old and has done 1,36,000 kms. I haven't had any problems with the car till now(no breakdowns or part failures).

The rear logo fell of on the highway within the 1st year of ownership and was replaced by Vinayaka skoda under warranty. Other than that I am extremely happy with my car, I couldn't have got a better car in this price bracket which could do so many things (daily driver,highway runs,off-roading).

I got the clutch replaced at 1,05,000 and looks like it will last for similar mileage.

I am running on the third set of tyres. 1st were the Excellence which lasted 45000 km. Then I upgraded to 225/60r16 Continental contact premium which lasted 43000 km(good tyres with excellent grip) now running on Falken wildpeak 215/65r16 which have covered about 48000km. I have already got a new set of Falkens which will be installed in this week.

The service side of Skoda leaves a lot to be desired. I feel they are not as organized as other manufacturers when it comes to service. For example I got my differential oil change last month I had taken prior appointment with the service adviser and he had promised the work would be done in 2 hours. I reached the service center by 9.30am after the initial formalities the car was taken in put on a lift and was there for a good 2 hours before the work started. Then they were trying to figure out which cap is used to pour oil into the housing from the bottle using the special tools required. By the time i got my car back it was 4pm. Whole day wasted for a 2 hr work. Same work shop had taken 10 days to replace the clutch(in Hubli). I had got the Bluetooth module installed at Vinayaka where the left few bad scratches most probably trying to remove and refit the drivers seat. Other than these few instances the car has everything going for it. Finding a suitable upgrade is going to be a challenge in the future. For now I am planing to upgrade the head unit to a Audiosources ds820.

Just before submitting I remember an incident which made me fall in love with the Yeti again on one of my trips to Bangalore me and my wife were belted and waiting at a red signal 11.30 at night when a drunk swift driver rammed into us (filed a police complaint). He was doing about 60-70 kph, the impact shook us, the car went about 10 feet ahead even with the handbrake on. I was scared to go see the damages to my car but when I did go and see there was very little damage, 1-2 inch dent on the rear bumper (I am guessing this is where the bracket that holds the bumper is) and a few minor scratches. The Swift had major visible damage (later got to know he had got a quote of 45k). I just got my rear bumper setting done at the next service.

Last edited by SDP : 14th October 2016 at 20:12. Reason: Very poorly typed post.
breakneck is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction