Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 27th August 2017, 20:02   #1996

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

The AC in my 5 year old yeti was alternating between blowing hot and cold air for over 3 months. And when I park the car outside when it is hot, it was usually only hot air for the next hour or so. I was sure that the condenser had gone kaput, so when I left the car for service at the Tafe access skoda in Bangalore, I had asked them to also take a look at the ac. I was sure they were going to confirm my fears and quote an exhorbitant rate to fix the AC. Surprisingly, I got a call from the service engineer the next day saying that he thinks the condenser needs to be changed; however, they have a campaign going on and that they should be able to fix it for free. The vehicle was delivered to me the next day. Attached is the list of parts changed and the potential damages if it would not have been covered under goodwill warranty. The surprising bit in all this is I had just asked them to take a look at the AC; never at any point expected such a quick and comprehensive fix for nothing!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_6002.jpg  

anandbharathi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:01   #1997

Hi. I am a silent reader of Team BHP. I am keen on buying a used Skoda Yeti. Please suggest, I am from New Delhi. What areas to look for and where to scout for one. My target year is 2011 or 2102. Any suggestions?
rajan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 12:21   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajan711 View Post
Please suggest, I am from New Delhi. What areas to look for and where to scout for one. My target year is 2011 or 2102. Any suggestions?
Online listings are the best option for you to get a few cars of your choice and budget. There are a few trustworthy pre owned dealers as well but they are few and far between.

Look for a vehicle that has done under 50k km, is a single owner vehicle, and has a detailed service history. Certain parts can be expensive and a real pain to replace so be careful.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:03   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajan711 View Post
Hi. I am a silent reader of Team BHP. I am keen on buying a used Skoda Yeti. Please suggest, I am from New Delhi. What areas to look for and where to scout for one. My target year is 2011 or 2102. Any suggestions?
Check if any Delhi TBHPian is willing to sell their Yeti. Generally all TBHPians love their cars and keep them well maintained. I sold mine last year to another TBHPian and he was very happy with it.
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote