Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th July 2012, 20:23   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz
Hello Folks,

Have been a passive watcher of this thread for a long time now. Planning to take the plunge (still thinking). Came across Screwdriva's posting on olx.in. Are there any folks who can help evaluate if this worth the asking price ? What about reliability & maintenance issues ? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Regards
Faraz
Hi Faraz
I am amongst the first few Yeti owners on TBHP and have had mine for around 20 months now since Dec 2010. I have covered around 26k kms in it and till this day it still drives like new and I have not faced any niggles apart from a few creaks and squeaks. As my yeti was from the first batch they changed the ac compressor proactively in june 2011 to a higher capacity better design to improve the cooling. This replacement was quite smooth and I did not face any hassles in the process. So far I have gotten one service done at around 13k kms and the next one will become due around 28k kms. I would wholeheartedly recommend it if it fits your requirements well.
You can find much more details on my ownership threads. Incidentally we were happy with the Yeti so we bought a Laura in Mar 2012 for my wife to replace our Civic AT.
That is also doing well.
All the best!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 11:09   #512
vij
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrikantDora View Post
On Laura TSI they are offering 1 Lakh discount & on Yeti you might as well get similar amount as Yeti sales are not on a higher side. Push them little hard & you can pull off a good deal with some freebies & goodies.
I see that you are from hyderabad. Do you know anyone who has managed to get a good discount on skoda yeti Ambiente 4x2 2012 model . I couldn't get anything more than 50k for it.
vij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 12:28   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
I see that you are from hyderabad. Do you know anyone who has managed to get a good discount on skoda yeti Ambiente 4x2 2012 model . I couldn't get anything more than 50k for it.
Do you not have more than one Skoda dealer in Hyd?
Or perhaps in another part of AP?
Can you not consider playing one off against another in order to achieve your requirements?
Here I guess a little sabre rattling is the only thing that works!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 12:43   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij

Well I checked with Skoda dealer here in Mumbai about discount on Laura and Yeti.

There are not many 2011 Laura TDI , so discount on offer - 50% on Skoda Shield.

TSI are only available in 2011 across Mumbai (no plans of 2012 models till stock clearance). Total discount on offer 1.5L (+17K corp discount).

Yeti also has ample 2011 availability and discounts upto 1.5L and for 2012 models discounts are 50K.
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 02:36   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Do you not have more than one Skoda dealer in Hyd?
Or perhaps in another part of AP?
Can you not consider playing one off against another in order to achieve your requirements?
Here I guess a little sabre rattling is the only thing that works!
Unfortunately, there is only one dealer in Hyderabad & that is "Mahavir Auto". As far as my knowledge goes, they are the only dealer across Andra Pradesh.

I have checked the discount in the month of Feb '12 for a 2011 4X4 variant, I was assured by the SE that including corporate discount it will come close to 1L. I had to cancel the deal because of some other concern though
SrikantDora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 17:50   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Yeti also has ample 2011 availability and discounts upto 1.5L and for 2012 models discounts are 50K.
Is this reliable info? Because I did a TD yesterday and also enquired about the discount. I was told that there is 75k off plus 17k corporate discount. When I asked about 2011 stock and 1.5 lac discount they told me that this information isn't correct because there is no 2011 stock. This was at Europa auto, Pune.
MandarMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 17:59   #517
BHPian

There are definitely 2011 models available. They are however assembled in 2012. I got my yeti 2 weeks back with a discount of 2.25 lac in delhi. and it was not a car which was readily available at dealer's stock. They were from aurangabad factory.

One question though, Do dealers have a booking of stock and keep them in aurangabad factory at skoda? If not shouldn't these stocks be available to dealers across india?
abbey4u is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 20:43   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
There are definitely 2011 models available. They are however assembled in 2012. I got my yeti 2 weeks back with a discount of 2.25 lac in delhi. and it was not a car which was readily available at dealer's stock. They were from aurangabad factory.

One question though, Do dealers have a booking of stock and keep them in aurangabad factory at skoda? If not shouldn't these stocks be available to dealers across india?
Yes..you are correct, they are 2011 manufactured and 2012 assembled.
But the stock is dealer specific or atleast what dealer committed to Skoda and thats why availability/discount varies across city and dealer
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 06:59   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

@abbey4u Which variant did you buy and do the discounts vary across variants?
also did you order the car specially from the factory?
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 08:49   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
@abbey4u Which variant did you buy and do the discounts vary across variants?
also did you order the car specially from the factory?
I got elegance 4x4. Yes the discount varies, higher the variant more the discount. i wanted silver colour which was not available with dealers stock. so it had to come from factory which took around a week to transport.
abbey4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 10:14   #521
BHPian

thanks abbey4u. Now we know a discount ballpark. The 4x4 elegance is about 19 lacs on road here. A 2.25 lac off make it a nice deal. Its either Yeti or Duster.
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 10:35   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks abbey4u. Now we know a discount ballpark. The 4x4 elegance is about 19 lacs on road here. A 2.25 lac off make it a nice deal. Its either Yeti or Duster.
Between the Yeti and the Duster, it is the Yeti anyday. Its is a much better built vehicle, with a lot more features, international reputation and quality laurels in countries like the UK and above all, has a lovely engine and gearbox to boot.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 11:50   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Between the Yeti and the Duster, it is the Yeti anyday. Its is a much better built vehicle, with a lot more features, international reputation and quality laurels in countries like the UK and above all, has a lovely engine and gearbox to boot.
+1. IMO a discounted Yeti is a better buy anyday against the Duster. Yeti is plush and completely different animal compared to Duster.
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 14:27   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes VB-San:
Both versions of the Yeti - Ambiente and Elegance have the Haldex clutch and 4WD system on tap.
Folks,
Any idea how much life does the Haldex clutch typically have and what are the replacement costs ?

Faraz
faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 18:17   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Absolutely agree. I had booked duster well before its launch. but when i came to know about the price and spec, i decided against it and went for yeti as it was having a good discount. consider a duster 4x2 almost 12.5 lac (top end), add another 2 lacs for 4x4 (whenever it will be launched) making it it 14.5 on road. Add another 2.75 lacs and you get a top end yeti with all the bells and whistles. A duster will still be a budget car whereas yeti takes you to another league.
abbey4u is online now   Reply With Quote