Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th July 2012, 11:59   #586
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi Yetians, anyone know the latest Firmware update number for Yeti 4x4?
twinoctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 12:49   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz

The availability of 2011 vehicles is limited, was told this was one of last one. Zero dep insurance is an additional 15 k for the 4x4.
Ok..oh btw the dealer paid octroi and brought the car to the showroom, I had a look at the car last week everything looked fine, the VIN suggested that it is a dec 2011, however the sticker on the hood read jan 23 2012.

I want to get xenons fitted but the accessory guy is saying that xenons can be fitted only on the fog lamps can someone confirm this pls?
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 19:01   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Ok..oh btw the dealer paid octroi and brought the car to the showroom, I had a look at the car last week everything looked fine, the VIN suggested that it is a dec 2011, however the sticker on the hood read jan 23 2012.

I want to get xenons fitted but the accessory guy is saying that xenons can be fitted only on the fog lamps can someone confirm this pls?
Received the VIN yesterday, inspected my vehicle today at dealer's service center, with 89 km on the ODO, looked ok. This vehicle is Aug 2011 as per VIN, the protective sticker is dated Sep 2011. The sales person also said they can only drive the vehicle upto 200 kms, post which it gets locked down. The CD player was locked and was told will need to be connected to the system to be activated.
When did/are you taking the delivery ? how has been the experience so far ? Also have you decided if you are going to do a tyre swap ? ( I am still confused regarding this, sope to my tyre person, he suggested retaining the OEM tyres, can't seem to get a straight answer to this, have read posts from other members regarding their choice of tyres, still not sure). Any accessories that you plan to buy ? what about sunflims ? perhaps we can do group shopping. Any other members in Mumbai, who have booked the Yeti ??

Faraz
faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 20:29   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
Received the VIN yesterday, inspected my vehicle today at dealer's service center, with 89 km on the ODO, looked ok. This vehicle is Aug 2011 as per VIN, the protective sticker is dated Sep 2011. The sales person also said they can only drive the vehicle upto 200 kms, post which it gets locked down. The CD player was locked and was told will need to be connected to the system to be activated.
When did/are you taking the delivery ? how has been the experience so far ? Also have you decided if you are going to do a tyre swap ? ( I am still confused regarding this, sope to my tyre person, he suggested retaining the OEM tyres, can't seem to get a straight answer to this, have read posts from other members regarding their choice of tyres, still not sure). Any accessories that you plan to buy ? what about sunflims ? perhaps we can do group shopping. Any other members in Mumbai, who have booked the Yeti ??

Faraz
If protective sticker shows Sep 2011 as Date of Application, then the expiry date is 9 months ahead, which would be June 2012. Don't know what happens when the expiry date lapse. I'll suggest you pick up the matter with the dealer or with Skoda itself before proceeding. I would be wary because all these while, the car might had been laying around in the stockyard. If I were you, I would have demanded more discount.
(BTW my VIN says its June 2011, but the sticker shows May 2012 as the date of application and expiry is Feb 2012)

I would suggest you go with the tyres swap. The OEM tyres are no good for such as heavy vehicle. Have read from other owners on this forums, the OEM tyres last around 25K to 30K kms only.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 05:42   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
When I was on holiday in Melbourne in May I went and visited Richmond Skoda and asked one of those fellers there how many Yeti's he had sold. He said not many because it was still quite new in Oz. Indeed, in my three week break in the whole of OZ I only saw one Cappuccino beige Yeti on the road between St Kilda Beach and Crowne Plaza Melb.

A person I know there owns that Superb V6 diesel 4x4 car which is an awesome beast. But I hear from them also that getting spares involves a long ish wait because Skoda itself is quite new in Oz and they have to import many parts from Europe which takes time on account of the distance involved.

I think it will take some time for Skoda to build the big buzz there like it has in Europe and UK.
Yeah, not many Yetis here. Skoda is relatively unknown brand down under. People here love Reliable Japs, Holden and Ford!
C300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 09:18   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
.....I'll suggest you pick up the matter with the dealer or with Skoda itself before proceeding. I would be wary because all these while, the car might had been laying around in the stockyard. If I were you, I would have demanded more discount........

I would suggest you go with the tyres swap. The OEM tyres are no good for such as heavy vehicle. Have read from other owners on this forums, the OEM tyres last around 25K to 30K kms only.
@ iTNerd -Will definitely try for more discount and see how that goes. What are the standard accessories you got with Yeti ? netting system, jack, etc ?

Do you have any feedback on the Yoko Goelander that you put? I understand from the forum it is a noisy tyre. What is the best prefered tyre change ? mostly for city driving , but also some amount of off-roading, bad road, etc.

I intend to install 3M CR-70 , how much did it cost you ? Also will install the floor pedals and chrome exhaust tips. Any thing more you recommend ?

Did you get any free services ? somewhere I read 2 free services (labour only)

Can any members please advise if teflon treatment is recommended ? Also if the cost of the vehicle is discounted, shouldn't the registration and octorio be reduced ?

Faraz
Old 16th July 2012, 09:49   #592
BHPian

Quote:

Faraz
I am planning to take the delivery on 27th July. The experience is very good so far. I am also confused abt swapping the tyres, I will start inquiring about the tyres and see which tyre dealer has got what options.
Iam planning to get caska, exhaust chrome tip, those sun blinds (curtains), no sunfilms.

Dealer is offering me wooden paneling, sunfilms and the standard accessories for free.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:00   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I am planning to take the delivery on 27th July. The experience is very good so far. I am also confused abt swapping the tyres, I will start inquiring about the tyres and see which tyre dealer has got what options.
Iam planning to get caska, exhaust chrome tip, those sun blinds (curtains), no sunfilms.

Dealer is offering me wooden paneling, sunfilms and the standard accessories for free.
How much are they quoting for the sunblinds (curtains), exhaust chrome tip ?
Old 16th July 2012, 10:14   #594
BHPian

Quote:
How much are they quoting for the sunblinds (curtains), exhaust chrome tip ?
Sunblinds I will not buy from the dealer, another accessory guy near my office said it is for Rs.3700.
I told senator to give me chrome tip instead of sunfilms.

Who are you in contact with at senator skoda?
Old 16th July 2012, 10:37   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel

Sunblinds I will not buy from the dealer, another accessory guy near my office said it is for Rs.3700.
I told senator to give me chrome tip instead of sunfilms.

Who are you in contact with at senator skoda?
I am speaking to Nayan Dalvi. The experience has been good. Guess will have to push for additional discounts. Not offered worsen panelling or sun films. Interested in sun blinds. Can you share the link and contact details ?
Old 16th July 2012, 12:02   #596
BHPian

There is no need for a Teflon treatment on a new Yeti. There is already a lovely Irish and protective layer on the paint.

If there are blemishes after a year or so you could choose to a treatment done.

For the time being save your money and use it to enjoy the
SushilBajpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 13:52   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ iTNerd -Will definitely try for more discount and see how that goes. What are the standard accessories you got with Yeti ? netting system, jack, etc ?
Standard accessories - nets (2 of them), parking reflector, jack, various clips and screw divers, fast aid kit, extra bulbs + relay.

Additional accessories as freebies - mud flaps, mats and car cover.

Quote:
Do you have any feedback on the Yoko Goelander that you put? I understand from the forum it is a noisy tyre. What is the best prefered tyre change ? mostly for city driving , but also some amount of off-roading, bad road, etc.
The Geolanders are more silent than the OEM GY excellence. Preference of the tyre type would be based on your requirements. As yours is a 4x4, and assuming that you would take your car to non-tarmac and slush at times, it is advisable to go with a tyre that can do a bit of offroad too.

This sums up:
Quote:
For the majority of light truck and SUV owners, every-day driving - going to work, picking up the kids or going on vacation - is the main use of their vehicle. The integrated design and construction of the Geolandar H/T-S yields true Yokohama style and performance, delivering an excellent ride, great performance and long life. In addition, large shoulder blocks provide strength and stiffness for outstanding cornering.

Special tread compounds assist the Geolandar H/T-S in delivering high-mileage durability, while cross-grooves enhance its all-season capabilities in snow and ice. Constant contact tread blocks reduce low-pitch noise caused by air passing through the tire grooves. (From about.com)
Quote:
I intend to install 3M CR-70 , how much did it cost you ? Also will install the floor pedals and chrome exhaust tips. Any thing more you recommend ?
23K for all glasses. No sporty pedals for me though. Well, you can opt for the bluetooth and iPod modules for your swing music system.

Quote:
Did you get any free services ? somewhere I read 2 free services (labour only)
Yes, I was told, the first 2 services are free - (15K and 30K interval ones).

Quote:
Can any members please advise if teflon treatment is recommended ? Also if the cost of the vehicle is discounted, shouldn't the registration and octorio be reduced ?
Teflon treatments are not ideal for our Indian condition. And If you are doing it, would recommend to do it from a 3M center with enclosed boundaries at dust free environment. Regarding the discounts, they will deduct that discount from the OTR, not from the ex-showroom. So, you would have to pay the registration charge as per the ex-showroom pricing.

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th July 2012 at 13:53.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 15:19   #598
BHPian

Quote:
I am speaking to Nayan Dalvi. The experience has been good. Guess will have to push for additional discounts. Not offered worsen panelling or sun films. Interested in sun blinds. Can you share the link and contact details ?
I cant send a PM to you, can you send me a PM so I can provide contact details of the person at senator.
Old 16th July 2012, 17:56   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
If protective sticker shows Sep 2011 as Date of Application, then the expiry date is 9 months ahead, which would be June 2012. Don't know what happens when the expiry date lapse.
Please excuse my ignorance - what expiry date are we talking about here? Is it that cars must be sold within 9 months of manufacturing date?
MandarMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 18:13   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Please excuse my ignorance - what expiry date are we talking about here? Is it that cars must be sold within 9 months of manufacturing date?
This is the expiry date of the protective film installed on the bonnet, roof and other parts of the car to protect the paint from effects of long term exposure to sun, while stored in the yard.
faraz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote