Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th October 2012, 19:52   #1021
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu View Post

I noticed that the rear seats can be repositioned towards the centre. I wonder whether there is any way of adjusting the tilt for it to go further back?
Did you notice it in the user Manual or physically in the car? Have you actually tried to do this? Did it work?
lapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 22:37   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick update for all the Yeti owners. Skoda India will allow you to retrofit OE accessories that are bought from elsewhere, without voiding warranty.

I got my MDI (iPod connection kit) retrofitted today at the dealership after getting this confirmation in writing.

Skoda India's responsiveness has been a pleasant surprise/shock - they have been very prompt in replying to queries, and the dealership has been extremely co-operative and proactive in the way they have managed the install.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 22:43   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Just a quick update for all the Yeti owners. Skoda India will allow you to retrofit OE accessories that are bought from elsewhere, without voiding warranty.

I got my MDI (iPod connection kit) retrofitted today at the dealership after getting this confirmation in writing.

Skoda India's responsiveness has been a pleasant surprise/shock - they have been very prompt in replying to queries, and the dealership has been extremely co-operative and proactive in the way they have managed the install.
that's a pleasant surprise.
What was the cost of the MDI kit?
And where did you source the kit from?
agambhandari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 07:58   #1024
BHPian

Thanks to Sunilrj found this comparo on the Skoda Website.

BMW X1 vs Audi Q3 vs Skoda Yeti

It has been done in a recent issue of AutoBild India.

Isn't this a bit of Apples and Oranges? Mostly because they have compared the higher end variants of the Germans and the Yeti.
But nevertheless , the Yeti Triumphs the Germans!!
agambhandari is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 09:01   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Thanks to Sunilrj found this comparo on the Skoda Website.

BMW X1 vs Audi Q3 vs Skoda Yeti

It has been done in a recent issue of AutoBild India.

Isn't this a bit of Apples and Oranges? Mostly because they have compared the higher end variants of the Germans and the Yeti.
But nevertheless , the Yeti Triumphs the Germans!!
There are a few mistakes. It says Elegance does not have ACC and has only 2 airbags. I think they shifted to Ambition midway . Audi costs twice as much as Yeti.
fi.robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 09:27   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Auto unlock is also possible. Don't remember the other things, if any.

Are you serious? Your Yeti, even if locked, opens the door on the first pull of an inside handle? Thats very weird, because every European car I've seen be it Skoda, Audi, BMW, Merc all have the double pull feature.
Akshay, this is true with my 4x2 Ambition too. I now have the auto lock over 15km activated by service center. Even after specifically asking them "I need to pulls to open a locked door" - they could not figure this out after they spent 1+ hr looking at the VAGCOM interface on their laptop. Finally they said it must be only with Elegence. I am looking for a confirmation from any Ambition owner that 2 pulls to unlock the locked door is possible.
samyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 09:43   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Could you kindly post that letter here for benefit of other Skoda owners, as I too wanted to get a MDI kit retrofitted in my Superb but was hesitating due to this reason. Cheers...
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 10:38   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post
Did you notice it in the user Manual or physically in the car? Have you actually tried to do this? Did it work?
Yes, physically. There are two arrows on the front rod where the seat clips on to, showing the possible range where the seats can be fitted. The middle unit would have to be removed (obviously).
Achu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 13:41   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Even after specifically asking them "I need to pulls to open a locked door"
Yes, this is true. On the Ambition with Auto Lock on, the door handles need two pulls - the first one opens the lock and the second one opens the door (this is also mentioned in the owner's manual). This is how it is in my Laura - Ambiente, and It is also similar in my Yeti Ambiente.

There is an option somewhere else thru VCDS where you can change it so that the doors cannot be opened at all from inside unless the Central door unlock button is pressed, though I haven't done it on mine.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 15:33   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes, this is true. On the Ambition with Auto Lock on, the door handles need two pulls - the first one opens the lock and the second one opens the door (this is also mentioned in the owner's manual). This is how it is in my Laura - Ambiente, and It is also similar in my Yeti Ambiente.

There is an option somewhere else thru VCDS where you can change it so that the doors cannot be opened at all from inside unless the Central door unlock button is pressed, though I haven't done it on mine.

Regards,
Behemoth
Mine is just single pull. We can get it changed then through VCDS, I guess. I'll also go through the manual again.
Old 18th October 2012, 19:13   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Behemoth
1. Thanks for the confirmation Pramod. Even thought the auto-lock is ON, the door still opens up with just a single tug.. no two pulls required. I will once again visit the service centre - may be a different one this time.

2. I would really love to know where to find the feature to keep the doors locked unless central lock is released. I need it with two kids at the back. Even two tugs is not safe enough ( don't prefer child locks - but would do that as a last option) . Any path/keyword I can tell the technicians to look under on VAGCOM interface? I am worried if I go in again, they will spend another hour looking for this feature and come back empty with some lame excuse that it's not available in your version.

If I can get #2 then I would not require #1.
samyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 21:58   #1032
BHPian

I am not sure if the complete lock can be achieved by VCDS setting, but I have an idea ( I have not tested this) why not lock the doors with remote when you are IN the car, I believe if you lock the doors via remote you would not be able to unlock it from any side until you unlock it from remote!
Please try it on your own RISK, it may lock you out in the car!
-Pramod
pramods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 06:39   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I am not sure if the complete lock can be achieved by VCDS setting, but I have an idea ( I have not tested this) why not lock the doors with remote when you are IN the car, I believe if you lock the doors via remote you would not be able to unlock it from any side until you unlock it from remote!
Please try it on your own RISK, it may lock you out in the car!
-Pramod
That will not work if you want to drive. Car has to come out of that mode in order to start.

If you press the lock button on key once it locks from inside as well from outside. If you press it twice within secs then it only locks from outside, one can open from inside. Nice feature if you want to prevent your wife from shopping in the mall . But the car has to be unlocked from both the mode in order to start.
Old 19th October 2012, 18:11   #1034
BHPian

Hi folks. I was checking the mobile level and I discovered its a little below the higher dot on the dipstick. I have driven just 336 Kms. Is this normal or do I have to add half a litre of mobile?

The manual recommends checking after every tankful of diesel. How has your experience been?
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2012, 18:19   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Hi folks. I was checking the mobile level and I discovered its a little below the higher dot on the dipstick. I have driven just 336 Kms. Is this normal or do I have to add half a litre of mobile?

The manual recommends checking after every tankful of diesel. How has your experience been?
The 'mobile' level can't go down in just 336 kms. Kindly drive a little more and keep a look out if it drops to near the half level between the high and low mark. Then you can think of topping it up with some 'Mobil' oil or even 'Castrol' for that matter.

Last edited by dkaile : 19th October 2012 at 18:21.
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote