Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 15:33   #1141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

I have noticed that if I start my Yeti as soon as the dash lights go out, the engine gives a noticeable shudder before starting on a cold day. The average temperature would be around 10 dregs. If I wait for a short while then there is no shudder. I was sort of expecting the heater to be more efficient.

I will be driving to much colder areas tomorrow ,so I guess I will learn.

Tested the rear windscreen heater in the fog today and its very efficient.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 09:18   #1142
BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 898
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
I have noticed that if I start my Yeti as soon as the dash lights go out, the engine gives a noticeable shudder before starting on a cold day. The average temperature would be around 10 dregs. If I wait for a short while then there is no shudder. I was sort of expecting the heater to be more efficient.

I will be driving to much colder areas tomorrow ,so I guess I will learn.

Tested the rear windscreen heater in the fog today and its very efficient.
Wait for the glow plug light to go off and then start the car. The glow plug light typically takes 1-2 seconds more than the other lights to go off.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 13:16   #1143
BHPian
 
pramods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 824
Thanked: 304 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
...

I will be driving to much colder areas tomorrow ,so I guess I will learn.

...
As mentioned Behemoth, allow 1-2 second for glow plug, and be assured Yeti will not let you down, I have started Yeti in -10 overnight in Leh tour and it started in first crank!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 15:01   #1144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

As mentioned Behemoth, allow 1-2 second for glow plug, and be assured Yeti will not let you down, I have started Yeti in -10 overnight in Leh tour and it started in first crank!

-Pramod
Thanks folks. Started off today at 5.30am . No problems. 535km drive in seven and a half hours. Not too tired.

People find it strange that the first service is at 15000 km. the dealer gave my number to an interested customer. Referred him to team Bhp and told him the car is a gem.

One of the rear windows was not closed fully and it created a weird whistling sound above 80km/hr. I checked the the brake pads and under the car before I realised what was wrong!
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 18:10   #1145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

I am back home after a 1300km trip. The Yeti behaved beautifully except for the fact that the horn stopped working for 5 minutes when I was back in Patna. It started to work again all by itself. The tone had changed before it had stopped working.

Some advice please.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 18:13   #1146
BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 898
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
I am back home after a 1300km trip. The Yeti behaved beautifully except for the fact that the horn stopped working for 5 minutes when I was back in Patna. It started to work again all by itself. The tone had changed before it had stopped working.

Some advice please.
Seems like a problem with the horn relay. Get the relay changed and it should be good to go.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 18:23   #1147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 195
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Seems like a problem with the horn relay. Get the relay changed and it should be good to go.
Thanks. Is it covered under warranty? My yeti is only three months old.

The traction control worked superbly on some foot thick sandy mud. A zen driver behind me lost control and nosed into the two to three feet high mud wall. Never felt like I had lost control.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2013, 20:45   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,057 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post

Thanks. Is it covered under warranty? My yeti is only three months old...
It should be. On the other hand, tuning the horn might solve the issue, no repairs / replacements. This happens after the usage of horns in due course of time.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 00:11   #1149
BHPian
 
autoskooll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bombay, Poona
Posts: 60
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Just out of curiosity, wanted to know if anyone knows which OEM system & speakers does Skoda provide in the YETI?
autoskooll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 00:23   #1150
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,789
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
A zen driver behind me lost control and nosed into the two to three feet high mud wall. Never felt like I had lost control.
At 18.5 lakhs, it had better do better than a 1.something liter basic Petrol Hatchback.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 06:22   #1151
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Just out of curiosity, wanted to know if anyone knows which OEM system & speakers does Skoda provide in the YETI?
Blaupunkt or Delphi Head Unit. Speakers are OE Blaupunkt. Some HU's of the Yeti that i have seen have had a Blaupunkt Unit Made in Portugal. if i remember well Mine is a Delphi Unit
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 16:36   #1152
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 984
Thanked: 631 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
As you require "minimum accessories" as quoted by you -

1. Caska head unit is very "chinesey", to say the least. Its sound quality is no match for the OEM unit. If still you are insistent, then you can get a 7" double-din Pioneer HU, which will give you far superior sound than all these Chinese brands, for around 20~25K with reverse camera.
How would you still enjoy the climate control and park-assist displays on the pioneer HU? How would you integrate it with CANBUS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
4. Better go for some high quality Philips/Osram bulb upgrade rather than HID's, as Yeti has a single beam setup and not twin beam. Hence single HID's may cause more harm than good, as for headlight flashing, HID's are NOT recommended as they take time to reach peak brightness.
Can we put any other bulb other than the recommended, especially 100/90W. I thought any other lamp other than the Skoda recommended would result in an error
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 16:39   #1153
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
How would you still enjoy the climate control and park-assist displays on the pioneer HU? How would you integrate it with CANBUS?



Can we put any other bulb other than the recommended, especially 100/90W. I thought any other lamp other than the Skoda recommended would result in an error
Answers to your Questions:

CASKA/PIONEER is only for those Yeti's which comes with The Skoda Swing Audio Player and Not Bolero Audio Player. You would have to buy an after market wiring kit which is available as a Skoda Genuine Accessory and do the Fitment. However Park assist features will not be available/ nor will the climatronic Display thats available on the Bolero.

No You cannot put any other bulb other than 60/55 H4. in the 50/55H4, there is a brighter bulb in the form of Philips Extremevision, Osram Night Breakers.
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 16:47   #1154
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 984
Thanked: 631 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Answers to your Questions:

CASKA/PIONEER is only for those Yeti's which comes with The Skoda Swing Audio Player and Not Bolero Audio Player. You would have to buy an after market wiring kit which is available as a Skoda Genuine Accessory and do the Fitment. However Park assist features will not be available/ nor will the climatronic Display thats available on the Bolero.

No You cannot put any other bulb other than 60/55 H4. in the 50/55H4, there is a brighter bulb in the form of Philips Extremevision, Osram Night Breakers.
Okay, so you end up loosing something! There are Pioneer HUs for Skoda, such as the ones mentioned here: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25.../overview.html. They're too expensive to purchase and have them shipped to India. What about Witson HUs compared to Caska, are they both of the same class? Else you'd be better off installing a separate single din HU in the space above the gear stick.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2013, 17:13   #1155
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,721
Thanked: 3,240 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
How would you still enjoy the climate control and park-assist displays on the pioneer HU? How would you integrate it with CANBUS?

Can we put any other bulb other than the recommended, especially 100/90W. I thought any other lamp other than the Skoda recommended would result in an error
Like I had suggested even then, the best option is to stick to the OE HU. Climate Control and Park Assist cannot be integrated into it. It is only the sound quality which can be got with a Pioneer HU but that will also void all your warranties.

Yes, Canbus error will come and is recommended only for people willing to live with it and drive. I would however recommend all to stick to the OE bulbs only which IMHO are of very good quality and required brightness.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) pramods Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 818 27th April 2016 18:08
Skoda dealers charging RTO tax & insurance on old (higher) price, not new (lower) price S2!!! Indian Car Dealerships 17 3rd October 2015 15:13
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12
YetiBlog® - The day the Yeti almost died (No Pictures - sorry!) Sam Kapasi Travelogues 166 7th October 2010 01:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:04.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks