Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 17:59   #1186
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,056
Thanked: 441 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Yetis are not sold in good numbers. And the ones you find in resale are very few. In fact, if you search, you will most likely get 1 or none at the resell section of your city in carwale.com. And as of the quoted price of 16L, the depreciation I guess is already 20-25% for 8 months old. I don't think anyone in the right mind would sell at 12's or 13's at a huge depreciation. I have not seen it, as I had been examining the online car sites for a used one before buying a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
...
I have seen one year Old Yetis going for 12ish but then that was last year so they are now two year old Yetis. They do depreciate very very quickly, a fact you will learn after you have purchased one and want to offer it for resale. I beg to differ here and dont think the Yeti is a super buy at that price, contrary to my other friends to think so. Yes it is a pricey car, yes it is practical but the resale is very very poor on these things, though im in the market for one
iTNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 18:03   #1187
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Now two year old beta. I saw them at a dealers who was the agent for a Skoda dealer, done between 9k kms to 12k kms, Bombay Registered, on was white and two were that bronze-ish colour. He was quoting 134L for them and finally sold one for 12.45 and the others for 12+ (or so he claims) I was not in the market to buy one off the shelf. I was negotiating with an exchange for my Swift Turbo but he wanted to pay me peanuts for my Swift which i didnt agree to. This was almost 5-6 months ago. Im sure the price has not increased. I have also noticed one more thing, the ads in the papers always jack up their prices. Private owners tend to get stuck to their prices. On a rare occasion one would find a bargain in the classifieds. prices in classifieds are almost always ridiculous.

The price i was quoted as above are dealer prices not private sellers so these are prevailing prices according to me. I would not touch a car at this price, if someone would, who am i to complain?

IT Nerd i hope that answers your question also.

Last edited by V-16 : 8th January 2013 at 18:05.
V-16 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 18:21   #1188
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,386
Thanked: 5,243 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Now two year old beta. I saw them at a dealers who was the agent for a Skoda dealer, done between 9k kms to 12k kms, Bombay Registered, on was white and two were that bronze-ish colour. He was quoting 134L for them and finally sold one for 12.45 and the others for 12+ (or so he claims) I was not in the market to buy one off the shelf. I was negotiating with an exchange for my Swift Turbo but he wanted to pay me peanuts for my Swift which i didnt agree to. This was almost 5-6 months ago. Im sure the price has not increased. I have also noticed one more thing, the ads in the papers always jack up their prices. Private owners tend to get stuck to their prices. On a rare occasion one would find a bargain in the classifieds. prices in classifieds are almost always ridiculous.
Those sound like pretty good deals, honestly. If you do hear about such cars please let me know. At 12l I'm sure the folks at home would agree in a heartbeat.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 18:52   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

Just to add to your Comments: Here is the list of warranty exclusions:

appened that in Early October the Instrument Console went Kaput. The Console was replaced under warranty. again the meters stopped working in a week. on Deeper Examination, Skoda directed the A.S.S to replace the wiring Harness. This friend was thanking his stars when he heard the cost of the Harness and Labour which comes up to the other side of 5 Lakhs!
If you think this is bad, then just take time to read your Medical, Life Insurance and ULIP policies....
I think we are verging on making mountains out of molehills in some of these areas...

I am not for a moment advocating that we take things for granted with Skoda and/ or indeed, any other manufacturer. But when we talk extended warranties, let us make a comparo between a few brands and see who scores better.
Believe me, at the end of the day, all these corporate level disclaimers end up saying the same thing...
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 18:53   #1190
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Then for some reason as most Skodas do, this one suffers from horrific a/c cooling...or non cooling as you would like to say. I guess extensive glass all around and now without tints or any other protection the cooling in hot months can be a real problem. It just takes ages to cool.

I have seen one year Old Yetis going for 12ish but then that was last year so they are now two year old Yetis. They do depreciate very very quickly, a fact you will learn after you have purchased one and want to offer it for resale. I beg to differ here and dont think the Yeti is a super buy at that price, contrary to my other friends to think so. Yes it is a pricey car, yes it is practical but the resale is very very poor on these things, though im in the market for one
My Yeti has a chiller of an A/c. Probably the earlier ones had poor cooling. even when the ambient Temperature + Humidity outside is very high (36+ degrees), it cools down the cabin in a few minutes. and my yeti is parked from 10 am - 1.30 p.m. in the hot sun

Cars in the D and Higher Segments depreciate much faster and is not confined to the Yeti per se. the neighbourhood used cars dealers had asked my 6 Month old Vento TDI HL for 8 Lakhs (OTR was 12.04). its a different question that i managed to sell it for 10.25 Lakhs


Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Now two year old beta. I saw them at a dealers who was the agent for a Skoda dealer, done between 9k kms to 12k kms, Bombay Registered, on was white and two were that bronze-ish colour. He was quoting 134L for them and finally sold one for 12.45 and the others for 12+ (or so he claims) I was not in the market to buy one off the shelf. I was negotiating with an exchange for my Swift Turbo but he wanted to pay me peanuts for my Swift which i didnt agree to. This was almost 5-6 months ago. Im sure the price has not increased. I have also noticed one more thing, the ads in the papers always jack up their prices. Private owners tend to get stuck to their prices. On a rare occasion one would find a bargain in the classifieds. prices in classifieds are almost always ridiculous.

The price i was quoted as above are dealer prices not private sellers so these are prevailing prices according to me. I would not touch a car at this price, if someone would, who am i to complain?

IT Nerd i hope that answers your question also.
I have seen those Ad's on a few used car sites, and listed by the dealers sometime in August 2012. One was a White Active about 4 months old, and asking price was 12 odd.

two Mato-Browns and to Blacks were also available. One of these was an elegance which had done 56K Kms in a Year which IMHO was very high and asking was 13.45.

The Others were Ambition 4 X 4 and 4 X 2 done about 12-15K Kms and asking was 13-14.5

i had contacted all these dealers, but found the cost of re-registration prohibitive as i would have to pay 93% of the Invoice Value as Road Tax.

Also in one case from Gaadi.com for a Pune Registered Yeti Elegance 2010, the dealer gave me a quote of 13.5 which looked attractive. however when i took the VIN and checked with the A.S.S. it appeared that it had a major repair work of about 5 lakhs + Done on it which included replacement of quite a few body panels. Also the A.S.S. showed me the bills which were raised by Europa Auto and the KM reading on the date of the bills which was about 30K Kms, but the dealer had sent me pics with Just 8K Kms on the ODO. further the Dealer had the audacity to State that it was Parsi owned when the owner was not even remotely related to any Parsi Lineage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Those sound like pretty good deals, honestly. If you do hear about such cars please let me know. At 12l I'm sure the folks at home would agree in a heartbeat.
Check out Carwale, gaadi, OLX, car trade India. you should find some ads there even now

Last edited by Sunilrj : 8th January 2013 at 19:07.
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 19:00   #1191
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If you think this is bad, then just take time to read your Medical, Life Insurance and ULIP policies....
I think we are verging on making mountains out of molehills in some of these areas...

I am not for a moment advocating that we take things for granted with Skoda and/ or indeed, any other manufacturer. But when we talk extended warranties, let us make a comparo between a few brands and see who scores better.
Believe me, at the end of the day, all these corporate level disclaimers end up saying the same thing...
Now this will be a back to back post for which i apologise.

ofcourse the fine Print is what we miss always. we weren't on the verge of making a mountain out of a molehill. the question was whether fitment of a processor, amplifier, component speakers, subwoofers etc would void warranty. guess you missed the earlier posts on the issue.

The EW details mentioned was just for Information as to whether EW is advisable or not
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 19:08   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

Now this will be a back to back post for which i apologise.

ofcourse the fine Print is what we miss always. we weren't on the verge of making a mountain out of a molehill. the question was whether fitment of a processor, amplifier, component speakers, subwoofers etc would void warranty. guess you missed the earlier posts on the issue.

The EW details mentioned was just for Information as to whether EW is advisable or not
Did not miss anything actually.

In my honest opinion, fiddling about with any electricals or electronics on any of these sensitive, tech loaded vehicles, is a strict no-no. I would even hesitate to ask the Authorized Service centre in India to get into any kind of retro fit activity, which is precisely why, unlike many others, I have not bothered with fitting up the Bluetooth kit for my Yeti. In fact, I have ordered the Blaupunkt Drive Free 311 to use in the car as the main speakerphone led Blue tooth device and this should reach me tomorrow.
Another thing, to my ear, I think that the Skoda Yeti Elegance's BoleroTouchScreen Audio System with its 8 speakers is more than adequate. The quality of music reproduction is outstanding.

Yes, I know that the quality of music and sound reproduction in an Audi A4,A6 and Q series is truly fantastic as is the quality of sound in a Merc E Class and an LR Freelander too. But all things considered I believe I ve achieved huge bang for the buck with my Yeti, especially considering the discount I was able to negotiate and the so far consistently good treatment I am getting at their Dealership and After Sales.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 19:14   #1193
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I will Just highlight a Few Points with an Underline

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Did not miss anything actually.

In my honest opinion, fiddling about with any electricals or electronics on any of these sensitive, tech loaded vehicles, is a strict no-no.
Another thing, to my ear, I think that the Skoda Yeti Elegance's BoleroTouchScreen Audio System with its 8 speakers is more than adequate. The quality of music reproduction is outstanding.

But all things considered I believe I ve achieved huge bang for the buck with my Yeti, especially considering the discount I was able to negotiate and the so far consistently good treatment I am getting at their Dealership and After Sales.
++++++ 1 to those points underlined by me. My relationship with the Dealership has improved after the Sale, though its still at a low with the A.S.S. because of an incompetent service Manager who does not know the full form of VAS (he Thinks it is vehicle Authentication System inspite of me sending him a google search link) All Said and done, the price at which we got the yeti was simply outstanding and i must add having test Driven a X1 on the inaugural of the BMW show room here, The Yeti has a Much better drive and feel as compared to the X1. and the Vehicle is simply outstanding to Drive!!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 8th January 2013 at 19:31.
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 20:06   #1194
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,566
Thanked: 819 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
My Yeti has a chiller of an A/c. Probably the earlier ones had poor cooling. even when the ambient Temperature + Humidity outside is very high (36+ degrees), it cools down the cabin in a few minutes. and my yeti is parked from 10 am - 1.30 p.m. in the hot sun
Very possible. The later Superbs did have better ac so maybe they changed the Yetis too,



Quote:
Cars in the D and Higher Segments depreciate much faster and is not confined to the Yeti per se. the neighbourhood used cars dealers had asked my 6 Month old Vento TDI HL for 8 Lakhs (OTR was 12.04). its a different question that i managed to sell it for 10.25 Lakhs
Exactly, nothing holds value any longer and cars less in demand hold it even thinner. For reasons unknown ( i think the high price tag) the Yeti is not a good seller. If you make a 4x2 version the buyer feels cheated, even though he may never use the 4x4. Same if for the auto Fortuners, they only come in 4x2s and no one wants them.


Quote:
I have seen those Ad's on a few used car sites, and listed by the dealers sometime in August 2012. One was a White Active about 4 months old, and asking price was 12 odd.

two Mato-Browns and to Blacks were also available. One of these was an elegance which had done 56K Kms in a Year which IMHO was very high and asking was 13.45.

The Others were Ambition 4 X 4 and 4 X 2 done about 12-15K Kms and asking was 13-14.5
May be the same. Were these at Kalina/ but these cars were not above 16k kms max for one. The 52k kms must be another one. I saw all of them but as i mentioned, it had to be a swap for which he was giving me peanuts for my Swift Turbo.


Quote:
Also in one case from Gaadi.com for a Pune Registered Yeti Elegance 2010, the dealer gave me a quote of 13.5 which looked attractive. however when i took the VIN and checked with the A.S.S. it appeared that it had a major repair work of about 5 lakhs + Done on it which included replacement of quite a few body panels. Also the A.S.S. showed me the bills which were raised by Europa Auto and the KM reading on the date of the bills which was about 30K Kms, but the dealer had sent me pics with Just 8K Kms on the ODO. further the Dealer had the audacity to State that it was Parsi owned when the owner was not even remotely related to any Parsi Lineage!!
I dont believe this cock and bull story of a particular community owned car anymore but most Parsi owned cars are truly spic and span. The same can be said of most cars that are found in the South.

I will sound pout here if and when i get a buzz on any more Yetis.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 20:19   #1195
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Very possible. The later Superbs did have better ac so maybe they changed the Yetis too,





Exactly, nothing holds value any longer and cars less in demand hold it even thinner. For reasons unknown ( i think the high price tag) the Yeti is not a good seller. If you make a 4x2 version the buyer feels cheated, even though he may never use the 4x4. Same if for the auto Fortuners, they only come in 4x2s and no one wants them.




May be the same. Were these at Kalina/ but these cars were not above 16k kms max for one. The 52k kms must be another one. I saw all of them but as i mentioned, it had to be a swap for which he was giving me peanuts for my Swift Turbo.




I dont believe this cock and bull story of a particular community owned car anymore but most Parsi owned cars are truly spic and span. The same can be said of most cars that are found in the South.

I will sound pout here if and when i get a buzz on any more Yetis.
Well Majority of the D and Above Segments are Slow Movers. Tell me if anyone with about 25 lakhs cash in hand would be interested in purchasing a X1 or a 320d ? I dont think so. thats why the demand for this segment and above is low.

I dont know where those vehicles were geographically situated as i had found them on OLX and Carwale. I am based in Mangalore, karnataka which is a good 1000 Kms away from Mumbai and hence i can't vouch for the location of their stock. For me Bandra and Kalina would all be the same. of course with a Swap deal a major broker from bangalore offered me a Yeti for 15 Lakhs in exchange for 8 lakhs for my Vento. in Other words my vento was valued at 10 Lakhs and he would pocket 17 Lakhs for the yeti.

The Gentleman who picked up my vento was a Pure Bred Parsi with his SIL being closely related to Pallonji and Co and he exclaimed that my vento was better than a parsi Car. basically the term 'Parsi Car' is a word misused now a days!!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 8th January 2013 at 20:20.
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 20:32   #1196
BHPian
 
tomthump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Punalur
Posts: 53
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

My Yeti has a chiller of an A/c. Probably the earlier ones had poor cooling. even when the ambient Temperature + Humidity outside is very high (36+ degrees), it cools down the cabin in a few minutes. and my yeti is parked from 10 am - 1.30 p.m. in the hot sun
Quite true I must say. Mine is also parked in the sun and the great heat disapperars in a few minutes time. I have now done more than 24,000 and often 21 or 22 degrees leaves me comfortable.


Last edited by tomthump : 8th January 2013 at 20:33.
tomthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 23:48   #1197
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,789
Thanked: 1,218 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

[quote=V-16;3010334]. Then for some reason as most Skodas do, this one suffers from horrific a/c cooling...or non cooling as you would like to say. I guess extensive glass all around and now without tints or any other protection the cooling in hot months can be a real problem. It just takes ages to cool./QUOTE]

Gogi bhai it cools quite well and fast enough, and the solar glass is lightly tinted. I use a front windshield sunfilm (clear), though. Nothing on any other glass.

Skoda service has also been (quite surprisingly, I must admit) pretty good so far.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th January 2013 at 23:57.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 11:07   #1198
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,818
Thanked: 10,748 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Yeti facelift may get tailgate mounted spare wheel!

Test mule bore the spare wheel on the tail gate. The current Skoda Yeti does not have the spare wheel at the tail gate but the spyshot suggests that the facelifted model could get the feature.

Numerous test mules of the Yeti facelift had been spotted in Europe with camouflaged front and rear fascias. The Yeti facelift is expected to sport a comprehensive redesign and that means it will have styling which subscribes to VisonD Concept.

Square headlamps and new front grill will align it in line with the new family look. The tail gate also is also expected to be significantly revised with redesigned tail lamps.

Thos is one of the new launches that would be seen in 2013 as defined in the teaser released by Skoda.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/2...#ixzz2HSBo8Mpr
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 11:48   #1199
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 175
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys, saw an add for a Yeti from Pune done 11k kms. 2012 May, 4x4 Elegance. The owner is willing to let it go for 16l, since he is moving abroad in a month or two. Is this a good price? I think it should be a bit lower considering the Yeti is not a known product in the market.
The price of the Yeti Elegance 4*4 in Pune in May 2012 would have been about 18 lakhs OTR. Just FYI.

Should you not get 25 - 30% off that price?

There is a difference of about 3 lakhs in the OTR Maharashtra and Karnataka. Sunil has based his calculations on the Karnataka OTR price of 21. If you do the same calculations for the Maharashtra OTR, you will be in the 12.5 - 13 range.

Please think it through before offering 15.5 or 16.

Last edited by lapsi : 9th January 2013 at 11:56.
lapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 11:57   #1200
BHPian
 
Sunilrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 764
Thanked: 533 Times
Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Screen shot from Carwale on Yeti's Available for sale.

1. Mumbai - within 1000 Kms

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-screen-shot-20130109-11.51.20-am.png


2. Delhi - within 1000 Kms

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-screen-shot-20130109-11.52.14-am.png


3. Used Car Valuation as per CW

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-screen-shot-20130109-11.56.20-am.png

I very highly doubt that a Less than a Year Old yeti Elegance would be available for 12 or 13
Sunilrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) pramods Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 818 27th April 2016 18:08
Skoda dealers charging RTO tax & insurance on old (higher) price, not new (lower) price S2!!! Indian Car Dealerships 17 3rd October 2015 15:13
The Yeti® writes a car story - (and review of Skoda Superb) Sam Kapasi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 406 6th July 2012 20:32
Experience with Skoda Dealerships in Pune (while purchasing Skoda Yeti) SushilBajpai Indian Car Dealerships 10 28th February 2012 16:12
YetiBlog® - The day the Yeti almost died (No Pictures - sorry!) Sam Kapasi Travelogues 166 7th October 2010 01:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:22.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks