Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th March 2013, 12:43   #1276

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What's the cost? On another Skoda Rapid thread, I read the same story - EGR cooler leaking and had to be replaced. Price @26,000. It will be interesting to know why this thing fails and if Rapid and Yeti share the same part by any chance...
It has been indicated that the thing would cost about a lakh!!! That would be about a 20th of the price of the car......:-(
Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 13:09   #1277
BHPian

Guys request you to please help.
My yeti had issue with abs and TCS light on 3 weeks back. It was diagnosed to be right front wheel abs sensor fault. The sensor was not available and hence was ordered. Last week it was made available at service center. I gave my car on Friday and till today the issue is not resolved.
In Friday itself they replaced the sensor but lights still on. Then they did software update, still no resolution. Skoda technical team asked for detailed log and suggested another software upgrade. But still no end to issue.

I need inputs from expert here on what could be the real culprit. I already asked them to check fuses, lights and tyre pressure. My assumption is they are ignoring some steps. But not sure what.
abbey4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 13:23   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
It has been indicated that the thing would cost about a lakh!!! That would be about a 20th of the price of the car......:-(
Can you post the exact details of the parts they are talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Guys request you to please help.
My yeti had issue with abs and TCS light on 3 weeks back. It was diagnosed to be right front wheel abs sensor fault. The sensor was not available and hence was ordered. Last week it was made available at service center. I gave my car on Friday and till today the issue is not resolved.
In Friday itself they replaced the sensor but lights still on. Then they did software update, still no resolution. Skoda technical team asked for detailed log and suggested another software upgrade. But still no end to issue.
I think you posted on 14'th Feb that the ESP and ABS warning lamps switched on all of a sudden. Can you recollect what exactly happened before that? BTW, your car is still in warranty? If so, the dealer has to act honestly, and you may just wait and watch...
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 13:37   #1279

Quote:
EGR Cooler has to be replaced is what I have been told. My car is out of warranty in Dec 2012. Soon after I bought it I wanted to go in for extended warranty but was told that it was too late and that I should have bought it when I bought the car.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th March 2013 at 13:47. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 5th March 2013, 13:39   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
Read this:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...-on-2010-yeti/

See this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-SE...-/170970568736

Costs around 100 pounds at most online stores. Skoda dealers seem to charge about twice as much, plus labour.

Last edited by Steeroid : 5th March 2013 at 13:43.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 13:57   #1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Read this:

See this:

Costs around 100 pounds at most online stores. Skoda dealers seem to charge about twice as much, plus labour.
Thank you! I had read the briskoda link and incl. labour t is about EUR700... 50k. The eBay one seems one of but I tyink the part itself should cost 20-25k... I am waiting for an official quote. But I amreally concernedabout failures of big ticket items...

Regards.
Old 5th March 2013, 14:37   #1282
Senior - BHPian

If the EGR cooler for Rapid is Rs.26000, why does the one in Yeti cost 1L?
And what exactly is the fault? Can you inspect the damage, post some picture? Are you leaking coolant? I think you should root cause this, get all details first.

I recently got the EGR valve cleaned on my Tucson, the EGR cooler had to be removed and refitted for that. The effort required will depend upon the location of the EGR valve - in Tucson, it's behind the engine and difficult to access, they needed good half a day to remove it...
Old 5th March 2013, 19:39   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Asking ball park ?? Sounds like an opportunity.
Well then, you have to give up the GV to me
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 17:42   #1284
BHPian

Quote:

I think you posted on 14'th Feb that the ESP and ABS warning lamps switched on all of a sudden. Can you recollect what exactly happened before that? BTW, your car is still in warranty? If so, the dealer has to act honestly, and you may just wait and watch...
A day before this happened I jumped on a speed breaker at fairly good speed. The breaker was just a small rumbler. I don't see that to be reason for that. Other than that I have dension MDI kit installed but my car has ran 20k kms since then
Old 6th March 2013, 19:19   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A day before this happened I jumped on a speed breaker at fairly good speed. The breaker was just a small rumbler. I don't see that to be reason for that. Other than that I have dension MDI kit installed but my car has ran 20k kms since then
Yes, speed breaker should not be an issue.
What's this dension MDI kit?

In any case, please follow up with ASC for photos and root cause. Let's hear what they have to say.
Old 7th March 2013, 14:04   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, speed breaker should not be an issue.
What's this dension MDI kit?

In any case, please follow up with ASC for photos and root cause. Let's hear what they have to say.
Okay, I went to the service center today. The iusse is G45 RHS sensor. Now some techinicial from skoda visted yesterday and gave a thumbs up to the new sensor. They are saying the issue is with wiring somewhere. They have instructued the service center to check all the wirings (which according to service center is time consuming and will take some more time ) and then report to them.

I am left on mercy with these fols who took one week to identify the issue (not sure if they are still right). So what should be the next step. I have asked service advisor to replace wheel hub and see if its a problem with hub itself, and then asked them to check all fuses all over again.

Let's see how it goes, but if any of you have some more idea on what could be the posible cause, please post here
Old 7th March 2013, 15:17   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, I went to the service center today. The iusse is G45 RHS sensor. Now some techinicial from skoda visted yesterday and gave a thumbs up to the new sensor. They are saying the issue is with wiring somewhere. They have instructued the service center to check all the wirings (which according to service center is time consuming and will take some more time ) and then report to them.
So now they are saying EGR cooler is fine and it's some wiring issue?
Or this is some new issue in addition to EGR cooler issue?
Old 7th March 2013, 15:42   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
So now they are saying EGR cooler is fine and it's some wiring issue?
Or this is some new issue in addition to EGR cooler issue?
Sorry mine is not EGR coller issue. It's ABS sensor issue
Old 7th March 2013, 16:02   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mine is not EGR coller issue. It's ABS sensor issue
Oops, my bad. It was other member's case and I mixed up.
OK, so in your case at least they are continuing their investigation on the logical path, so I would say let them do it.

Around 4 years ago, during timing belt replacement, my Tucson's front right wheel speed/ABS sensor failed (that's what they said) so I asked them to swap the one from left front wheel to the right front wheel to isolate the issue, they said the left and right ones are not compatible (physically), so I asked them to try right front sensor from another Tuc (luckily the ASC owner has a Tuc, so he offered his), when they swapped, the problem disappeared. Only then they placed the order for the sensor.

Here is the post with the details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1400536

Skoda guys must do such due dilligence, you can sit on their head to get it done.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 7th March 2013 at 16:06.
Old 10th March 2013, 20:07   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Skoda To Introduce Three New SUVs,

Quote:
The manufacturer is planning a full-sized seven-seat flagship SUV for its stable, which will be positioned above the Skoda Yeti. The automaker also confirmed that there will be a replacement for the Skoda Roomster MPV in the near future.
Quote:

Skoda is also considering a plan to build spacious budget family mover, which will be based on the long wheelbase Volkswagen Caddy

volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote