Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th June 2013, 18:44   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
So for TPMS what is actually missing or left out by Skoda? Just the software codes or some hardware?

Time has also come for me to renew the insurance. I didn't take 0% depreciation last year, and fortunately there was no claim made. But I am keen to go for it this time around, as I am planning to drive to Leh and may possibly incur some damages (plastics, bumpers the least etc). Rs 24K for bajaj allianz standard, and 38K with 0% depreciation. any suggestion?
I think the software codes are not there and even Pramod needs to reset the MFD with the VAG cable. I think you should message him for the details. I am not much of a technical guy.

Zero dep is a must. I think after 6 months they make some deduction for the value of goods insured.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 18:46   #1427
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
So for TPMS what is actually missing or left out by Skoda? Just the software codes or some hardware?
I explained the TPMS bit in post 1421. The hardware is all there since it uses the ABS wheel speed sensors. But coding needs to be done to activate it, and the reset button is missing. The reset button needs to be wired from the centre console to the ECU. That is the only time consuming part since it may mean disassembling a couple of parts on the dash.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th June 2013 at 18:48.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 19:03   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Time has also come for me to renew the insurance. I didn't take 0% depreciation last year, and fortunately there was no claim made. But I am keen to go for it this time around, as I am planning to drive to Leh and may possibly incur some damages (plastics, bumpers the least etc). Rs 24K for bajaj allianz standard, and 38K with 0% depreciation. any suggestion?
I am on 11th month and also looking to renew. I have quote from ICICI Lombard for 30K silver plan but mine is 4x2 version.
samyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 22:26   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In the mornings at start, every day even with standard regular usage, I hear some diesel clatter but that settles down after the vehicle warms up a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
First of all, check the battery connections on your car. They should be fully tight and there should be no corrosion on the terminals. Such issues of random lights/ flickering is often caused by weak electrical contacts. The second possibility is of water damage to some cable which is causing current leakage- this should also be diagnosable with a VAG Scan, which can indicate where there is a current leakage in the wiring harness.

On the tak-tak sound, is it regular / periodic or is intermittent? In lower temperatures (below 20 Degrees) the diesel engines take some time (upto 10 min) to warm up and then the clattering noises reduce. Before this, you will find the clatter a lot more).
Thanks a lot for your prompt replies shankar.balan and Behemoth.

Visited the same workshop today morning after driving for approx. 10 kms to get the car warmed up in the rains. Was able to isolate the tak-tak sound today and the engine guy said it seems to be coming from the fuel injectors and after taking off the engine cover we could hear the loud tak-tak coming from the 2nd from left fuel injector. It seemed greatly muffled by the engine cover as it seemed really loud without it. But he had no idea what was the exact problem, though he did say that they could maybe re-flash the ECU as the fuel injectors are electrically controlled not mechanically.

Also had all the battery terminals checked but no fault found, as of now they deem the instrument cluster to be the culprit for the dull glow warning lights.

But the major cause for concern was the engine noise as the mechanic described it as a "serious" problem. The Works Manager tried to tell me to use the car for a couple days and then he would take it (citing reasons of being full beyond capacity) but we got a job card and left the car at the workshop anyways. Should receive detailed results of the scan by tomorrow or day after.
sidparekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 12:49   #1430
Distinguished - BHPian

This is how the upcoming Yeti may appear with the new family look

Name:  yeti_facelift_schulte_d_image_photo_leader.jpg
Views: 1626
Size:  295.6 KB

Source: http://www.automobile-magazine.fr/me...photo%29/77326

Last edited by karan561 : 27th June 2013 at 12:50.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 20:04   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Got the car after 1st service at 13700 kms (1 yr). Total cost Rs 7700/-. Avoided wheel alignment/balancing. One strange thing, the brakes have become over-sensitive after the service. Just a slight press and the car stops immediately. Is this normal?

Also, got zero depreciation insurance from ICICI Lombard for Rs 33100/-. The ICICI agent who inspected my car at first rejected for 0% depreciation insurance renewal because there were two deep dent/cuts in the front windshield. But with some haggling, managed to convince him.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 20:50   #1432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got the car after 1st service at 13700 kms (1 yr). Total cost Rs 7700/-. Avoided wheel alignment/balancing. One strange thing, the brakes have become over-sensitive after the service. Just a slight press and the car stops immediately. Is this normal?
That's normal, I think they bleed the brakes during a the service. It goes back to how sensitive it was from the factory. Unfortunately you will notice in a few weeks it will go back to how it was earlier.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2013, 07:19   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Also, got zero depreciation insurance from ICICI Lombard for Rs 33100/-. The ICICI agent who inspected my car at first rejected for 0% depreciation insurance renewal because there were two deep dent/cuts in the front windshield. But with some haggling, managed to convince him.
I am up for renewal next month; Bajaj Allianz Zero dep with 50 % NCB from my earlier policy, the dealer has offered me a quote of 38 K; not sure if the discount was indeed calculated at 50%.

IT Nerd what is the NCB ICICI Lombard has offered ?

Regards

Faraz
faraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2013, 10:53   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
I am up for renewal next month; Bajaj Allianz Zero dep with 50 % NCB from my earlier policy, the dealer has offered me a quote of 38 K; not sure if the discount was indeed calculated at 50%.

IT Nerd what is the NCB ICICI Lombard has offered ?

Regards

Faraz
20% NCB (as I didn't make a claim in the 1st year). 38K is what I was quoted by Bajaj Allianz. BTW, on Bajaj Allianz zero dep, one can claims maximum 2 times zero depreciation in the policy year. Anything more than 2, the claim will be settled via comprehensive. This is not the case with ICICI Lombard. With 50% NCB, I think you should get around 28-30K for the zero dep from Bajaj or ICICI
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 15:55   #1435
BHPian

My insurance is also up for renewal next month.
Got quotations from Bharati AXA (via policy bazaar) icici lombard and bajaj allianz

Bharti AXA zero dep: 29650
ICICI Lombard zero dep: 26027
bajaj allianz comprehensive from dealer (senator skoda): 23321

and with ICICI zero dep ,there is no limit on number of claims that can be made.
sagpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 20:55   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Got quotations from Bharati AXA (via policy bazaar) icici lombard and bajaj allianz

and with ICICI zero dep ,there is no limit on number of claims that can be made.
sagpatel, I was looking more closely at ICICI zero dep. The one you have listed is seems like a Copper plan. There is a Silver plan where it would cover, Consumables, Hydrostatic Lock and Tyres. You might want to check into it.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 15:10   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post

I paid 26k for HDFC Ergo zero dep. However JMD offered Bharti at 19k later but without zero dep
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 15:01   #1438
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Yeti facelift spied testing for the first time in Czech

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1879078757984753494.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-20399735271233689521.jpg

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11307105...the-first-time

Last edited by karan561 : 10th July 2013 at 15:05.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 19:26   #1439
BHPian

Took the yeti to some bad roads in the worst possible climate. Idukki last Sunday. Got to say I never felt anything working too hard and it took kalvery mount(plain bad road made to near slush by heavy rains and some poking stones that want to put their mark on the underside) in its stride like it was just some bad road. But I have understood that the tyres don't like anything slippery. But the hill descent assist is seriously helpful in slippery conditions. Now clocked 1500 km and review soon to follow
milu2fast is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 21:11   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Skoda Yeti facelift spied testing for the first time in Czech
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's wider, longer, and squatter.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote