Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th November 2017, 15:37   #961
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

Has anyone tried their hand at improving the rear look of Etios (old model)? To me, the biggest eyesore is the fat chrome strip on the rear and I am sure many would feel the same way. I was just wondering if we can repaint the chrome strip with body colour or Black. I guess body colour would be a better idea. I welcome any suggestions or ideas from fellow BHPians. The ideas can include modification of bumper or lamps.

Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review-toyotaetios09.jpg

This image is taken from GTO's official review page. Hope this is fine.
amateurpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 22:43   #962
BHPian

@amatuerpro I agree about the chrome; cars without it look plain but not bad. The body coloured strip idea is there in the Platinum Etios, and looks good atleast on the silver; guess what, base G model has it, but V, VX get a chrome strip ... I think they know many people go for it, and a few grit & bear but buy anyway.
yatin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2017, 21:04   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
@amatuerpro I agree about the chrome; cars without it look plain but not bad. The body coloured strip idea is there in the Platinum Etios, and looks good atleast on the silver; guess what, base G model has it, but V, VX get a chrome strip ... I think they know many people go for it, and a few grit & bear but buy anyway.
What you say about Platinum G is interesting. I missed seeing this in a Platinum G car and I assumed all platinum cars had a chrome strip under the Toyota logo. Can anyone post the rear image of Platinum Etios G please?

It still may not help my cause as I cannot have two strips one below the other.
Old 12th November 2017, 19:15   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatin View Post
I managed to see a Platinum Etios G model today. The body coloured strip looks better. In the old Etios model, we had the fat chrome strip. Is it possible to paint this fat chrome strip?
Old 12th November 2017, 19:19   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
I managed to see a Platinum Etios G model today. The body coloured strip looks better. In the old Etios model, we had the fat chrome strip. Is it possible to paint this fat chrome strip?
Nippon Toyota, Kalamassery is equipped with an advanced Paint shop which can do these sort of works. I've seen some custom paint works from then like the mat finish and custom interior painting and it looked neat. You might want to call them and enquire.
amalji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 08:25   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
Has anyone tried their hand at improving the rear look of Etios (old model)? To me, the biggest eyesore is the fat chrome strip on the rear and I am sure many would feel the same way. I was just wondering if we can repaint the chrome strip with body colour or Black. I guess body colour would be a better idea. I welcome any suggestions or ideas from fellow BHPians. The ideas can include modification of bumper or lamps.

Attachment 1694392

This image is taken from GTO's official review page. Hope this is fine.
How about a rear spoiler??
kotirajendra is offline   Reply With Quote