Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2012, 13:13   #2371
BHPian
 
niks_devil666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 529
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

The bolero got a new dash and speedo (see the new ad) , is there any chance the same will be carried over to Thar?

niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 16:51   #2372
BHPian
 
ashishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hyd/Bom
Posts: 121
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
The bolero got a new dash and speedo (see the new ad) , is there any chance the same will be carried over to Thar?
New Bolero was introduced 1 year back in October. IMO, adding Digital speedo to the Thar is a crime.
ashishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 18:08   #2373
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 576 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quick update : Mahindra Thar's ex-showroom price has just been revised upwards by approx. Rs. 12,000/-
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 19:28   #2374
BHPian
 
niks_devil666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 529
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Are you sure about this news? On road price would be up by 15k :(

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2012 at 13:22. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS / Slang language on Team-BHP
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 10:27   #2375
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 576 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
R u sure about this news? On road price would be up by 15k :(
Yes, this has happened between my booking and delivery date so I am sure about it. Dealership is saying price on date of delivery will be applicable. However, since the car was already in stock, we are negotiating that old rate apply. We plan to take our delivery latest by Saturday i.e. the day after tomorrow.

Last edited by manveet : 18th October 2012 at 10:37.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 10:56   #2376
BHPian
 
cpbopanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 537
Thanked: 727 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet

Yes, this has happened between my booking and delivery date so I am sure about it. Dealership is saying price on date of delivery will be applicable. However, since the car was already in stock, we are negotiating that old rate apply. We plan to take our delivery latest by Saturday i.e. the day after tomorrow.
Whilst I was at India Garage Bangalore yesterday, I saw a billboard announcing a Rs. 7,000 corporate discount on the Thar. Please find out about the discount at your dealership.
cpbopanna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:32   #2377
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,054
Thanked: 576 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

So I got my Thar delivered Saturday.

Have got the tires & alloys changed and completely de-badged it. Have a few things in mind regarding mods where I will need help from all of you. Which is the correct section for me to post a running thread on my Thar, seeking your suggestions and posting details of upgrades, etc.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:52   #2378
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 21,659
Thanked: 12,571 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
So I got my Thar delivered Saturday.

Have got the tires & alloys changed and completely de-badged it.
Congrats on your car, and what's with the de-badging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Have a few things in mind regarding mods where I will need help from all of you. Which is the correct section for me to post a running thread on my Thar, seeking your suggestions and posting details of upgrades, etc.
You can start your initial ownership thread in the assembly section. Once it has enough meat (initial ownership experience & photos), we will move it to the 4x4 vehicle section.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 09:36   #2379
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/mahind...improved-thar/

It seems that something's are happening already
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 09:34   #2380
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 496
Thanked: 1,280 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna

Whilst I was at India Garage Bangalore yesterday, I saw a billboard announcing a Rs. 7,000 corporate discount on the Thar. Please find out about the discount at your dealership.
You're correct about the 7k discount. The OTR price is now 8.38L in Bangalore after the price hike. I'm getting delivery tomorrow, can't wait to lay my hands on it. They received some new stock last week since mine is Oct manufactured, so there should be availability off the shelf atleast for some days.
amolpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 10:23   #2381
BHPian
 
Trueintrepid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 81
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
You're correct about the 7k discount. The OTR price is now 8.38L in Bangalore after the price hike. I'm getting delivery tomorrow, can't wait to lay my hands on it. They received some new stock last week since mine is Oct manufactured, so there should be availability off the shelf atleast for some days.
Congrats on the new purchase! I am not scaring you but here are some things to look out for: ensure a proper PDI is done before the delivery. I have heard about cases where the AC gas was missing and door hinges being loose. I was a recipient of air dents on the side body. They never had it done, so I had to do it myself, since I hadn't raised it during delivery. Off late, I have also heard that the quality has come down. DisasThar on Facebook vouches for this; you need to check his facebook page to know the details.

My Thar has done about 15k and going strong, so you have a very capable vehicle in hand, but please be careful about the ASC. They are hardly trained and introduce issues in the vehicle. Hope this helps.
Trueintrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2012, 17:01   #2382
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 496
Thanked: 1,280 Times
Default Re: Mahindra Thar : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid View Post
Congrats on the new purchase! I am not scaring you but here are some things to look out for: ensure a proper PDI is done before the delivery.
Thanks for the forewarning, I am pretty much aware of the risks of not doing PDI and so I made it a point to do PDI yesterday before the car was allotted to me and sent for registration. The car arrived from the yard in front of my eyes and it's an Oct manufacture so I know its not been sitting somewhere for long.

Hopefully everything will be okay when I will do a final PDI before delivery!
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 06:58   #2383
BHPian
 
niks_devil666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 529
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Congrats Amol . Am sure you will have a great time with the thar.

Does anyone has a confirmation if a new thar with better interiors is coming ?
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 07:13   #2384
BHPian
 
niks_devil666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 529
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Mahindra ad

niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:51   #2385
BHPian
 
amolpol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 496
Thanked: 1,280 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666
Congrats Amol . Am sure you will have a great time with the thar.

Does anyone has a confirmation if a new thar with better interiors is coming ?
Thanks niks_devil666

I got my jeep delivered yesterday, the whole process was pretty smooth. Got the tyres swapped as the first mod, more to follow in the coming days. The initial 50kms yesterday screamed of the raw and purposeful nature of the jeep, but its a headturner for sure.

Here's the customary delivery time picture with my enthusiast daughter

Name:  ForumRunner_20121110_104813.png
Views: 4141
Size:  677.1 KB

PS. I did read somewhere that a next gen Thar may be coming with better interiors and the 1.5L engine. Personally I don't if that's a good or bad thing to happen, I kinda like the way it is now.

Last edited by amolpol : 10th November 2012 at 10:56.
amolpol is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review manson Official New Car Reviews 7749 3rd March 2017 22:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks