Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 27th April 2011, 16:47   #1981
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I have done 3300 kms in one month, no issues so far. Engine is smoother nowadays. Unless you notice the speedometer, tough to say you are cruising at 130+ kmph.

Surprisingly I notice type pressure was 41, My bad I didn't check till last week. Then I have changed to 32. I hope this was the reason for me getting 23 kmpl.

Any update on IPL Audio system?, I'm hesitant to go for Witson after I heard the audio quality it even equal to built in one.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 16:52   #1982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I have done 3300 kms in one month, no issues so far. Engine is smoother nowadays. Unless you notice the speedometer, tough to say you are cruising at 130+ kmph.

Surprisingly I notice type pressure was 41, My bad I didn't check till last week. Then I have changed to 32. I hope this was the reason for me getting 23 kmpl.

Any update on IPL Audio system?, I'm hesitant to go for Witson after I heard the audio quality it even equal to built in one.
41 That's a lot. Although VW recommends 36, I stick with 32. No issues so far. Managing to squeeze an average of 17 kmpl .
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 17:29   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I think the first service costs around 10K with 5K just for oil change. Its synthetic.

Now coming to accidental parts price.
Before booking-
Salesman: The headlights cost 5K slightls less than Swifts.

After booking and on having a conversation on taking insurance from outside-
Salesman: Each bumper costs 40K. So better get 0depriciation from here. (Although he was polite and courteous)
10K for an oil change!.. Isnt that quite high? and 40K for a bumper... I am sure these prices should come down in the long run, but in the short term, ownership can be an expensive proposition for a Vento given these prices. I wonder how much a Linea or a City oil change costs?
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 18:00   #1984
Distinguished - BHPian

40,000 for a bumper!

Maybe VW are selling these cars like inkjet printers: the car itself is a loss leader, with all the profits on the spares?

Seriously, though, back in the day when I was yearning to be a polo/vento owner, I remember a survey showing that parts for these cars were not priced way above the Indian sector? It's one thing to get the selling price right, but if the cost of ownership is high, that is a big mistake.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 18:29   #1985
BHPian

Guys, I am now a proud owner of a TDI HL Shadow Blue beauty. The waiting periods is about a month and a half - not bad eh. I asked the Sales Executive about the current waiting period and he said it's still 6 months - I got it in such a short time because mine was a corporate purchase (I've opted for the company car plan). I didn't believe him as I see other people on the forum reporting similar waiting time. Guess he was trying to make feel the coveted one

I will put up an ownership report shortly. Here are some pics meanwhile:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dscn6482.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dscn6501.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-dscn6488.jpg  

sith_lord is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 19:22   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
10K for an oil change!.. Isnt that quite high? and 40K for a bumper... I am sure these prices should come down in the long run, but in the short term, ownership can be an expensive proposition for a Vento given these prices. I wonder how much a Linea or a City oil change costs?
5K is for oil change.
Total=10K

On asking for Polo's Bumper he said 25K.
However Vento's is 40K.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 19:48   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I wonder how much a Linea or a City oil change costs?
Did first free servicing for my ANHC and changed oil and oil filter. Total bill is Rs. 1227/-
Auto_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 20:59   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Guys, I am now a proud owner of a TDI HL Shadow Blue beauty
Congrats on owning a "blue beauty"
Welcome to the club! Keep us updated on your selection of mods.
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 21:07   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
Did first free servicing for my ANHC and changed oil and oil filter. Total bill is Rs. 1227/-
Linea oil change comes to around 2k for 3.3L of synthetic oil. how much is he vento oil capacity?. No Synthetic diesel oil costs more than 1k/Litre.
25K for bumper is pure robbery

Last edited by Soccerfan : 27th April 2011 at 21:08.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 23:01   #1990
BHPian

I think the new model syndrome is driving the vento sales. Agree it is a good car, but given these prices, dont think it will last long, once people see through the fact that these cars are expensive to maintain. 5K just for oil is pretty expensive even for synthetic and another 5K in labor for a routine service...
Looking forward to the long term ownership reports to see how much the actual costs are in owning this beauty.
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 23:43   #1991
BHPian

It's been one month since I got my "blue sapphire" vento. Awesome car whole together. Loved every bit of it, however, last weekend when I went to the workshop to get the parking sensors done, a stupid driver scratched left rear door and the whole door had to be re-painted. Just got it back after two days in the workshop. Very professional paint job. Fortunately I didn't pay but my heart was in my mouth when I saw that careless driver make the first scratch on my car. I pity the other white Polo owner who wouldn't even be informed about the scratch, which was not as profound on white as it was on the blue.. So be careful at the workshop guys. These smart ASC people can cover up themselves in anyway possible.

By the way! the long pending ownership thread will be up this weekend when I would receive my pure stanley leather seats. I haven't yet removed the plastic covers off my present seats and was busy with my b-school applications. So, that's the reason for the delay. Contemplated a lot between Witson and still unavailable IPL edition music system. Will wait on that for a little while.

Finally, let's all forget the small niggling things such as the central door-unlock system ergonomics, and clutch grinding sounds and enjoy the pure exhilaration of a diesel rocket. Let's just spread the joy and beat the City and upcoming Verna owners.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Further voilations will attract Infraction. Thanks.

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th April 2011 at 00:09. Reason: see note in the post.
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 03:11   #1992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Linea oil change comes to around 2k for 3.3L of synthetic oil. how much is he vento oil capacity?. No Synthetic diesel oil costs more than 1k/Litre.
25K for bumper is pure robbery
There is no basis for the quote, it can be completely discounted . I think there have been a few on the forum who got stuff repaired / changed ( I think ventoman got his shoulder mirrors repaired) and their experiences do not seem to be scary at all . Right now its too early to calculate how much the cost of the first paid service would be , I don't think any vento has reached that point .
I have spoken to a few VW guys ( not the dealer ones) and they mentioned that the spares cost would be pegged against the City - which by the way is not too cheap, so anyone expecting Maruti range of pricing is likely to be disappointed.
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 08:38   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
5K is for oil change.
Total=10K

On asking for Polo's Bumper he said 25K.
However Vento's is 40K.
Have you booked a Vento? What about the BEAT?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 09:43   #1994
BHPian

The first scratch hurts a lot - it happened to me this morning while reversing from my parking spot in my apartment basement - a little bit of paint peeled off from the rear bumper.

@classic86, you said you didn't pay for the paint job. Is paint covered under the 2-year warranty by any chance?
sith_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 10:01   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
The first scratch hurts a lot - it happened to me this morning while reversing from my parking spot in my apartment basement - a little bit of paint peeled off from the rear bumper.

@classic86, you said you didn't pay for the paint job. Is paint covered under the 2-year warranty by any chance?
Oops. Sorry to hear that. I'd recommend the parking sensors if you don't have them already.

Mine was done by the workshop's driver. It was his fault. So the workshop bared the cost of the paint job.
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote