Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 14:26   #2266
BHPian
 
blackdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Its not just the GPS that I am going for.

6. Reverse camera integrated into the system
I am not sure if you also ordered the Witson reverse camera, but my suggestion would be NOT to order their camera, which is bulkier. You will get smaller ones (like the one I had posted here (Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi)) which can be connected to the system.
Ya. One advantage in Witson's camera is the low light support with LEDs. But I dont know how good it is!

And in general, am worried about any such camera which is fitted from outside with a possibility of theft. See if you can find out if the camera can be fitted from inside the plastic body; similar to the parking sensors.
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 12:05   #2267
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Have you seen Witson in person in a Vento? I want to check it once; which may help us to make a decision. Any idea who has Witson in Bangalore? As I know Ventoman doesnt have it anymore. If we can find a BHPian, we can meet up & check the instrument once.
Not yet, Looking for it. Also I had put my accessories in Dinesh@Junction.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 14:20   #2268
BHPian
 
ventolute's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 136
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
I am not sure if you also ordered the Witson reverse camera, but my suggestion would be NOT to order their camera, which is bulkier. You will get smaller ones (like the one I had posted here (Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi)) which can be connected to the system.
Ya. One advantage in Witson's camera is the low light support with LEDs. But I dont know how good it is!

And in general, am worried about any such camera which is fitted from outside with a possibility of theft. See if you can find out if the camera can be fitted from inside the plastic body; similar to the parking sensors.
Thanks for the info blackdiesel. I will see if something can be done. As for the cam, i already purchased it and so I guess I will go ahead with the fitting. Your are right, its quite on the bigger side as compared to Ankits. But lets see how things fit in.
P.S I had PM ed you regarding thesunfilms !
ventolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 22:48   #2269
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

With the advent of the monsoon I wish that the Vento came with rear windscreen wipers - like the ones they have on hatchbacks or notchbacks ! When it rains the shoulder mirrors get practically blanked out , if we had clear rear screen at least some visibility would be there of the traffic following
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 22:59   #2270
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 568
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
With the advent of the monsoon I wish that the Vento came with rear windscreen wipers - like the ones they have on hatchbacks or notchbacks ! When it rains the shoulder mirrors get practically blanked out , if we had clear rear screen at least some visibility would be there of the traffic following
Why don't you try RainX on all the glass that sorrounds you when inside the car??
If applied correctly the water drops turn into balls and slide off your glass minimising the use of wipers altogather.
Try it - you won't feel the need for the rear wipers at all
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 23:10   #2271
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Why don't you try RainX on all the glass that sorrounds you when inside the car??
If applied correctly the water drops turn into balls and slide off your glass minimising the use of wipers altogather.
Try it - you won't feel the need for the rear wipers at all
Thanks mate . Have you used it ? If you have, any pros and cons ? Guess what , there's already a thread on it on T-BHP which is not surprising at all
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...86-rain-x.html (Rain-X)
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 23:22   #2272
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 568
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Thanks mate . Have you used it ? If you have, any pros and cons ?
I think we are going OT in this thread but still I will answer --

Yes Dude, I have been using it for last 3-4 years during monsoons and I am happy with it.
If you apply it neatly on a well cleaned glass and lay couple of coats of RainX it serves you well for couple of months.

I agree its good to lend an ear to what others say but still nothing like personal experience - so, just go ahead and try it.
If you ask me I found it effective in all conditions say low drizzle or in heavy rains, the water simply doesn't stick to your glass and just glides off.
It also minimised the use of wipers, you just feel it necessary sometimes.

I repeat - if you apply it right then its all pro and NO cons.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 14th June 2011 at 23:32.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 20:39   #2273
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 113
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Well, what a day it was!!! May be the Honda city price cut changed my mind to buy a new car after all but never did I once think that I might end up buying the Vento TDI High line.

It was a nice pre monsoon day in Delhi and I decided to pay a visit to Hyundai and VW showrooms, the Verna looked a near possibility but the waiting period spoilt the party. Iíve had to wait 6 months for the Diesel which would be curtains since I need a car within a month.

I then proceeded to the Honda Showroom but on the way, I noticed a nice big VW showroom and asked my family if they were interested. They were and we decided to check the VW Vento. Surprisingly the Salesman was polite and courteous enough. I immediately checked the Highline and compared it with the TD experience of ANHC.

Then came the test drive and as I remember GTO's words "By Gawd" from the initial thread, I was blown away with the jet like acceleration of the diesel. I only had to calculate the extra lac I would shell out over the Honda but it would be made up in the running costs over the next 5 yrs since I would surely keep this for that period.

As most gentlemen would agree to their better halves, I had no problem in going for the Highline Version since I feel that features are more or less worth the extra cash if one is spending close to a million bucks. I was offered a quick delivery for the car which made my buying more comfortable however only time will tell if they commit to the delivery schedule.

Finally, my dream of having a Diesel speed machine for decent value will come true and for a change I will own a new product yet again. Having driven Japanese Cars all my life, finally I will get a chance to own a well built German Sedan with a brilliant engine and good comfort for a family of 4.

I thank all the fellow members and GTO for the help they have given in making my final decision a lot easier. If I were not a Team BHP Member, I would have bought the ANHC without slightest of hesitation but since the word DIESEL is important, I decided to choose the very best even though I think Verna would have been great but the waiting period didnít help matters.

I am expecting the vehicle delivery in a month, I will need help on the best set of accessories and after market fitments if recommended.

Cheers!!
hondacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 17:08   #2274
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Congrats @hondacity for buying an Vento

Surprise to hear that you will be getting TDI HL in a month.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 17:23   #2275
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 744
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Congrats dude on buying one of the better C segment cars around. I am a proud owner of one and trust me you won't regret having bought it. Do write more about the pre-sale experience , delivery etc etc. Cheers !!
ambivalent_98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 21:31   #2276
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 113
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Considering that my previous three cars were delivered in max 2 days , this one is a long wait. In NCR the waiting is max 45 days but since I insisting on booking two cars I got a 1 month commitment in the order form. Lets see if they fulfil it, if they dont I would cancel the order and buy the Verna from another town where the delivery is immediate . 20th July is the cut off date.

The Pre Sales experience was very good, as I have read about horror stories from fellow tbhp members, I had a similar thinking before entering the showroom but it worked out just fine. As of now, I am not thinking much about the car but yes once the D day arrives I might get a little itchy since I am usually not very patient with waiting periods for new cars. Last time out I didn't buy a Swift Diesel since I couldn't wait for 10 days but I realized its worth waiting for good cars.

The only negative I find is the unworthy stereo for such a worthy car. I checked some units at the accessory section and found the Navigation player brilliant but the price is a tad too high. May be if they give discounts on the HU, I may exchange the OEM unit for that one. Since I would be going on frequent weekend trips, having a NICE GPS would be a perfect fit.

Since I want a car with great mid and top end performance , Vento seems to have this covered over the Verna which has a mediocre Mid Range. I checked out the comparison on Autocar you tube videos and trust me , Vento blew Verna away in the mid gear roll on.
hondacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 10:48   #2277
BHPian
 
huwaeiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

hey Bhpians, i finally got my Vento IPL Edition Yesterday. reached the chowroom at around 11.30AM was made to wait till 1.25PM. Inspected the car though they had not cleaned it properly after the installation of the IPL kit. They had not even cleaned the residue of the cover stickers which are put on the roof to avoid scratches while transporting, other than that i am very much satisfied with the car. Amazing cabin really, its like so silent inside. The IPL edition is nothing but just like a accessory package which can be availed. in this package i have got the Navigation system which is been manufactured in India by Nippon, which comes with 1 year warranty and speakers get 2 years warranty. Seat covers leather TYPE with IPL logos, Premium brown colour mats with IPL logos, door sills and a cricket bat and a leather ball. the clutch is slightly difficult for me because i am around Six feet Three inches, seating is quite comfortable at the rear also. Engine is so robust and good, but the power drops when you switch on the AC noticably.The Navigation system is just as same as the one in Skoda superb. it just does not have a CD drive to play a CD. It has USB,microSD slot, a Line in/Ipod compatible(ipod connector is supplied with the unit). It has bluetooth and a very decent layout for the money what yo pay. it even has memory of all the calls it can download your contacts on to the head unit also. Navigation is very much accurate and has different kind of displays also which can be adjusted. It can even give voice calls like turns etc., will upload the pics by late evening today. once again i can tell the car is worth every penny i paid. Thanks--Huwaeiguy
huwaeiguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 11:11   #2278
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 677
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Well, what a day it was!!! May be the Honda city price cut changed my mind to buy a new car after all but never did I once think that I might end up buying the Vento TDI High line.

It was a nice pre monsoon day in Delhi and I decided to pay a visit to Hyundai and VW showrooms, the Verna looked a near possibility but the waiting period spoilt the party. I’ve had to wait 6 months for the Diesel which would be curtains since I need a car within a month.

I then proceeded to the Honda Showroom but on the way, I noticed a nice big VW showroom and asked my family if they were interested. They were and we decided to check the VW Vento. Surprisingly the Salesman was polite and courteous enough. I immediately checked the Highline and compared it with the TD experience of ANHC.

Then came the test drive and as I remember GTO's words "By Gawd" from the initial thread, I was blown away with the jet like acceleration of the diesel. I only had to calculate the extra lac I would shell out over the Honda but it would be made up in the running costs over the next 5 yrs since I would surely keep this for that period.

As most gentlemen would agree to their better halves, I had no problem in going for the Highline Version since I feel that features are more or less worth the extra cash if one is spending close to a million bucks. I was offered a quick delivery for the car which made my buying more comfortable however only time will tell if they commit to the delivery schedule.

Finally, my dream of having a Diesel speed machine for decent value will come true and for a change I will own a new product yet again. Having driven Japanese Cars all my life, finally I will get a chance to own a well built German Sedan with a brilliant engine and good comfort for a family of 4.

I thank all the fellow members and GTO for the help they have given in making my final decision a lot easier. If I were not a Team BHP Member, I would have bought the ANHC without slightest of hesitation but since the word DIESEL is important, I decided to choose the very best even though I think Verna would have been great but the waiting period didn’t help matters.

I am expecting the vehicle delivery in a month, I will need help on the best set of accessories and after market fitments if recommended.

Cheers!!
Many congrats for choosing the Vento TDi. Your handle name is now misleading . Needs a change I think.
fuel_addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 18:51   #2279
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

yeah right he should call himself X-HondaCity
Congratulations on your new acquisition
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 18:56   #2280
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Considering that my previous three cars were delivered in max 2 days , this one is a long wait. In NCR the waiting is max 45 days but since I insisting on booking two cars I got a 1 month commitment in the order form. Lets see if they fulfil it, if they dont I would cancel the order and buy the Verna from another town where the delivery is immediate . 20th July is the cut off date.

The Pre Sales experience was very good, as I have read about horror stories from fellow tbhp members, I had a similar thinking before entering the showroom but it worked out just fine. As of now, I am not thinking much about the car but yes once the D day arrives I might get a little itchy since I am usually not very patient with waiting periods for new cars. Last time out I didn't buy a Swift Diesel since I couldn't wait for 10 days but I realized its worth waiting for good cars.

The only negative I find is the unworthy stereo for such a worthy car. I checked some units at the accessory section and found the Navigation player brilliant but the price is a tad too high. May be if they give discounts on the HU, I may exchange the OEM unit for that one. Since I would be going on frequent weekend trips, having a NICE GPS would be a perfect fit.

Since I want a car with great mid and top end performance , Vento seems to have this covered over the Verna which has a mediocre Mid Range. I checked out the comparison on Autocar you tube videos and trust me , Vento blew Verna away in the mid gear roll on.
I waited 6 months for my car but I can assure that its worth the wait ! You would have to do your first highway drive ( and if possible on a twisty one) to realise how good this car is. Everytime I hit the turbo I thank my stars that I was patient enough and didn't let the wait get on my nerves and cancel the booking . Good luck !
BTW, I liked the cut off date - its my birthday
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3930 3rd December 2016 15:51
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:22.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks