Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 08:07   #2311
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,188
Thanked: 7,870 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Some bad news for wannabe Vento owners- apparently the refresh with new HU, steering-mounted controls and the lot had been pushed to 2012. VW Pune already has adverts out saying "book now before the price hike" so the obvious conclusion is that it is routine price hike and not linked to the additional features. Bummer!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 10:36   #2312
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Some bad news for wannabe Vento owners- apparently the refresh with new HU, steering-mounted controls and the lot had been pushed to 2012. VW Pune already has adverts out saying "book now before the price hike" so the obvious conclusion is that it is routine price hike and not linked to the additional features. Bummer!
With the waiting period for the diesel right now at 6-8 months(at least whats being quoted here in bangalore), it'll be 2012 before one gets the car anyway!

But if they arent adding the features, the 25k price hike is definitely unjustified
radiokidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:19   #2313
BHPian
 
huwaeiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

hello bhpians, been a little busy in getting some accessories for the car. a small and little edited pic. will upload more pics tomorrow.
Attached Images
 
huwaeiguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:26   #2314
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
hello bhpians, been a little busy in getting some accessories for the car. a small and little edited pic. will upload more pics tomorrow.
Congratulations !
Stop being lazy , start your ownership thread Even if everything else is great , the pre-sales grief and emotions of despair , cursing the dealer, etc are worth comparing - whether its as bad as it was when I experienced it a few months back
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:39   #2315
BHPian
 
ventolute's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 136
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
hello bhpians, been a little busy in getting some accessories for the car. a small and little edited pic. will upload more pics tomorrow.
Liked the DRL's . Where did u get them from and how much did it cost you?
ventolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:44   #2316
BHPian
 
huwaeiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 86
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Liked the DRL's . Where did u get them from and how much did it cost you?
a friend got it for me. around 2500 Rs
huwaeiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 18:27   #2317
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,543
Thanked: 2,533 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
hello bhpians, been a little busy in getting some accessories for the car. a small and little edited pic. will upload more pics tomorrow.
Congrats dude. Waiting to see more pics and the GOODIES! Really liked the DRLs. Started seeing this on few Ventos here.
Good going.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 19:45   #2318
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

General rule is - price at the time of the delivery is applicable.

Here it seems to be the other way round - Book before July and avail the old prices. It is anyways a known story that delivery times quoted are as high as 6 to 8 months here down south. I thought the verna will reduce this stupid waiting period, but its following the footsteps of the vento too, in terms of waiting period.

Crazy indeed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Some bad news for wannabe Vento owners- apparently the refresh with new HU, steering-mounted controls and the lot had been pushed to 2012. VW Pune already has adverts out saying "book now before the price hike" so the obvious conclusion is that it is routine price hike and not linked to the additional features. Bummer!
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 19:48   #2319
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

So, finally the D Day arrives on 29th June. Got a call from my Sales Rep saying the car is here, please arrange your payment. Checked out the car, what a feeling!!! Well, its worth the wait. Took the complete PDi Check list print out with me. I must say the Sales Rep was very patient when I was doing the PDI, although he was a bit surprised when i said that I shall be doing my own PDI.
Can't wait for 29th!!!
Thanks to T-Bhp mods and members; they really helped me zero-in on the car.
I opted for the reverse sensors ,door sill plates and llumar sun films and was in two minds for waxoyl paint protection. But, finally opted for it!!! Is it ok?
BTW does anybody know, whether the sill plates are plastic ones or Stainless steel ones?? My Sales Rep had no Idea!!
Also bought the beige colored Vento mats with transparent rubber mats to cover them. For later, I am planning to get the Kagu 3D ones. Can anyone tell me where can I procure the Kagu mats in Pune??
vwvrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 23:05   #2320
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvrit View Post
So, finally the D Day arrives on 29th June. Got a call from my Sales Rep saying the car is here, please arrange your payment. Checked out the car, what a feeling!!! Well, its worth the wait. Took the complete PDi Check list print out with me. I must say the Sales Rep was very patient when I was doing the PDI, although he was a bit surprised when i said that I shall be doing my own PDI.
Can't wait for 29th!!!
Thanks to T-Bhp mods and members; they really helped me zero-in on the car.
I opted for the reverse sensors ,door sill plates and llumar sun films and was in two minds for waxoyl paint protection. But, finally opted for it!!! Is it ok?
BTW does anybody know, whether the sill plates are plastic ones or Stainless steel ones?? My Sales Rep had no Idea!!
Also bought the beige colored Vento mats with transparent rubber mats to cover them. For later, I am planning to get the Kagu 3D ones. Can anyone tell me where can I procure the Kagu mats in Pune??
All the best , when you get your hands on the car you would surely feel that its worth the wait ! Looking forward to your posts .

On your queries -
1. Waxoyl paint protection is not necessary since Vento comes with 6 years paint warranty and thus its adequately protected - besides that Pune is far from the sea so I am too sure about the marginal utility of a waxoyl quote
2. Please ensure that the door sill plates are fixed properly without any gaps . The sill plates are steel ones . If you do not have a situation where someone is going to stand on your door sill then i see little value of the plate. during ingress and egress its very difficult to cuff the area that the door sill plates supposedly protect
3. It would be good to opt for a boot mat too
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 23:20   #2321
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,180
Thanked: 1,032 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I dont know what a DRL stands for, or what it is! But since the only add on I see in the Vento in the picture is the LED strip in the air dams, I suppose they are the D.R.L.s everybody is talking about And if in case I am right, I like it too but bro, why not fit it in the place where fog lamps had to be ? Wont it look better? more like LED fog lamps?
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 02:38   #2322
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Land of Nizams
Posts: 928
Thanked: 1,132 Times
Post Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I dont know what a DRL stands for, or what it is! But since the only add on I see in the Vento in the picture is the LED strip in the air dams, I suppose they are the D.R.L.s everybody is talking about And if in case I am right, I like it too but bro, why not fit it in the place where fog lamps had to be ? Wont it look better? more like LED fog lamps?
DRL = Daytime Running Lights/Lamps, and yeah those LED strips on the Air Dam could be called as DRL's and finally yes the DRL's could be fitted anywhere on the front side accordingly (Head Lamp cluster, Bumpers, Fog Lamp Cluster etc...)
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 09:16   #2323
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,180
Thanked: 1,032 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
DRL = Daytime Running Lights/Lamps, and yeah those LED strips on the Air Dam could be called as DRL's and finally yes the DRL's could be fitted anywhere on the front side accordingly (Head Lamp cluster, Bumpers, Fog Lamp Cluster etc...)
Thanks a lot for updating me Boss And since you have mentioned that these DRLs can be fitted anywhere , I would prefer them being fitted this way.
Name:  f45cbfe1d8d872469cf304c21781bbeb.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  245.9 KB
And sorry for spoiling the original picture with my crude editing work
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 10:05   #2324
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,543
Thanked: 2,533 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Thanks a lot for updating me Boss And since you have mentioned that these DRLs can be fitted anywhere , I would prefer them being fitted this way.
And sorry for spoiling the original picture with my crude editing work
Those look good but it's hard to fix there since you dont have slots to fix them. The original position had these air dam slots to fix it.

I had removed my air dam slots and fitted a mesh grill so it was hard to fix them. I had to fix using double sided tapes.

sorry for going OT guys
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img00174201101261545.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 11:53   #2325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
With the waiting period for the diesel right now at 6-8 months(at least whats being quoted here in bangalore), it'll be 2012 before one gets the car anyway!
What I don't understand is how come the companies don't know or can't anticipate that diesel version will outsell petrol? Anybody who knows even a little bit about cars (and current fuel prices) could have predicted it. Now diesel version has a waiting period of few months whereas the petrol version is "rusting" in the stockyards.
bansal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3930 3rd December 2016 15:51
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks