Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th July 2011, 15:25   #2356
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

Is there anybody who can 'authentically' either confirm or refute the news of the upgraded Vento with additional features. I am waiting for the one as my purchase is flexible from today till the end of the year. I have heard rounds and rounds of rumours. Can somebody back the claims with some credible source. BTW, salespersons do not count as reliable source. They don't have much info anyway.
Those who know won't tell and those who tell don't know
bansal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 17:26   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is true. There's only one reverse light on the Vento. It's the one on the left side. On the right side you have the reverse fog light.
Yes. I noticed that on the TD car that they brought to us 3 weeks back. Even the VW salesperson who came along thought that there was something wrong with the RHS reverse light. Apparently the TD car had been rear ended a month back and had some problem with the boot not closing smoothly.
plain.vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 17:29   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is true. There's only one reverse light on the Vento. It's the one on the left side. On the right side you have the reverse fog light.
Thanks for that. What exactly is the reverse fog light ? Also when you want to switch on the front fog lights you pull the light knob one step outward, but what is the meaning of pulling the knob one more step outward ? The dash is illuminated with a sign which shows a lamp with wavy lines.
Sorry for bothering you but I am too lazy to look up all this in the User Manual.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 18:31   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Thanks for that. What exactly is the reverse fog light ? Also when you want to switch on the front fog lights you pull the light knob one step outward, but what is the meaning of pulling the knob one more step outward ? The dash is illuminated with a sign which shows a lamp with wavy lines.
Sorry for bothering you but I am too lazy to look up all this in the User Manual.
Anytime dude. This is basically used during thick fogs when visibility is low. This aids vehicles behind your car to easily spot yours.

Pull once the front fogs are lit. Pull twice and the rear fog is activated.
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 21:46   #2360
BHPian

Well I am extremely excited to write now that my vento highline has arrived within 15 days of booking . I was stunned to hear that its in the stock yard and waiting for delivery.

Now I got another couple of days to prepare for balance payment and then weekend delivery, I will need advice from friends here to get some essential accessories for the car.

I plan to keep the original HU and am thinking of only the car sensors. I wonder if I should get them installed from the dealer or from outside.

I would surely go for 4 yr warranty which makes since if its a Diesel Car , allows me 4 yrs of hasslefree ownership.
hondacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 23:17   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Well I am extremely excited to write now that my vento highline has arrived within 15 days of booking . I was stunned to hear that its in the stock yard and waiting for delivery.

Now I got another couple of days to prepare for balance payment and then weekend delivery, I will need advice from friends here to get some essential accessories for the car.

I plan to keep the original HU and am thinking of only the car sensors. I wonder if I should get them installed from the dealer or from outside.

I would surely go for 4 yr warranty which makes since if its a Diesel Car , allows me 4 yrs of hasslefree ownership.
Wow , possibly the delivery within 15 days bit is the most stunning news that I have heard regarding a Vento purchase ! That too a TDi highline Which colour is your car ? Maybe you can share the name of the dealer on here so that future buyers can benefit too
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 19:03   #2362
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I agree with Sourav, Sounds to me like a record of sorts within our forum (and may be even outside it!). Congratulations and do start a dedicated ownership thread once you get your hands on her.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 09:18   #2363
BHPian

Fellow T-BHPian's -

An update for all, this might be wrong or might be correct, but this is what I found yesterday:

My neighbour took the delivery of Vento TDi Highline yesterday to my utter horror the Leather Wrapping on the steering and the gear knob has gone missing.

My neighbour called up his SA to confirm if the new Vento TDi has been stripped off this, the SA confirmed that yes indeed the new bunch of vehicles has this feature deleted and the pricing has also gone up by 25K odd.

Request new Vento TDi HL buyers to confirm if same is the case with them or my neighbour has been handed over a Lemon.

Thanks in anticipation.
Torquedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 10:09   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow T-BHPian's -

An update for all, this might be wrong or might be correct, but this is what I found yesterday:

My neighbour took the delivery of Vento TDi Highline yesterday to my utter horror the Leather Wrapping on the steering and the gear knob has gone missing.

My neighbour called up his SA to confirm if the new Vento TDi has been stripped off this, the SA confirmed that yes indeed the new bunch of vehicles has this feature deleted and the pricing has also gone up by 25K odd.

Request new Vento TDi HL buyers to confirm if same is the case with them or my neighbour has been handed over a Lemon.

Thanks in anticipation.
The SA is purely bullshitting - this is one thing that I have hated about the buying experience of Vento . Most of the SAs are ill informed bunch of lazy jokers , a far cry from the well oiled machinery of the Honda dealership. First and foremost the price goes up only for those cars which are booked after July 1st , 2011 - its not linked to the delivery date . (http://www.overdrive.in/story-news-g...s-41872-0.html link to the price hike story )
The car has not been changed - the price hike is for TDi as it exists. I would presume that your friend would have booked the car quite a while back and have not been fortunate enough to book a car on the 1st of July or thereafter and get a delivery so quick ! Please post the name of the SA and the dealership on this forum so that potential buyers can be on their guard.

Last edited by souravc : 7th July 2011 at 10:11.
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 10:25   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc
Please post the name of the SA and the dealership on this forum so that potential buyers can be on their guard.
Thanks Sourav

The dealership is here in Delhi, the VW Delhi East it is in Patparganj Industrial Area and the name of the SA is Vishwa Jyoti.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:27   #2366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Leather Wrapping on the steering and the gear knob has gone missing.
Yes, thats true. Leather wrap on steering wheel, chrome finish at the bottom of the steering and Chrome finish on the lights rotatory knob goes missing for my vehicle i.e Mfd in May-2011 TDI HL accordign to VIN no.

Leather wrap on gear stick still exist on my vehicle.
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 10:29   #2367
BHPian

Quote:

Time to change your handle name now .
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 10:40   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar
Yes, thats true. Leather wrap on steering wheel, chrome finish at the bottom of the steering and Chrome finish on the lights rotatory knob goes missing for my vehicle i.e Mfd in May-2011 TDI HL accordign to VIN no.

Leather wrap on gear stick still exist on my vehicle.
It is shocking that such omissions are being done, this is glaring, there has been no official news from VW on this, the brochures are old and they are making a fool of the customers.

As Sourav has pointed out, the price has gone up post July 1 and these omissions, VW it seems is into major cost cutting and it seems that, they have gone by the philosophy that once the product is recognized by customers and starts selling off the shelf they can go about doing just about anything.

Plonking 10.5L and being kept in dark is very sad.

God knows what VW has in store for the Indian customers, the way they are going they seem to be heading MSL way. I would not be surprised to see VW cut on the build quality for all their products to keep the pricing aggressive and then have rattling issues.

Last edited by Torquedo : 7th July 2011 at 10:41.
Old 7th July 2011, 13:37   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations hondacity. Everybody is stunned . Can you let us know about any missing chrome, leather or anything else in your car.

I am not a big chrome fan but I must admit that VW had just the right amount of chrome to keep things elegant on the Vento. It is a disappointment that they have been removing the chrome from the steering (the one on the light switch was not that visible anyways IMO) but what is really upsetting is the missing leather from the gear stick and the steering.

We booked the Vento TDI Highline on the 27th of June. Going by @hondacity's luck, we should have it next week. I am an optimist Hope VW puts the leather back on the steering and gear stick.
plain.vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 15:17   #2370
BHPian

I got my Vento a few days back. The leather cover on the gear stick is there but not on the steering wheel. I have already tweeted about this to VW. Still to get a response from them. I am planning to send a complaint mail to VW also.

From what I saw, all new Ventos and Polos in the showroom were without the leather covers. There was no point fighting with the dealer. It's VW who is responsible for this.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote