Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th August 2011, 23:43   #2596
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
But what about auto-unlocking? Does the doors unlock when engine is stopped?
Am not sure about "auto"-unlock: it's rare that I turn off the engines and wait for someone to open the door from outside.

BTW, the locking is purely for the outside door handles. You can open any of the doors from the inside with a single tug.

When any of the doors is opened (with engine on), the central locking "lock" light goes off and all the doors unlock. Say I stop to drop off a passenger. Once the person shuts the door and I zoom off, the doors auto-lock again.

Last edited by noopster : 12th August 2011 at 23:54. Reason: Correction
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 03:37   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
Regarding the auto-lock on the Vento, yes this feature very much exists.
Like others, never seen this in my car. Positively sure about it. I manually lock the car when in motion. Though will try out your steps again!
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 09:30   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
The steps you mentioned are very common in everyday use. But never I found the auto locking work. I think I need to go through the manual.

But what about auto-unlocking? Does the doors unlock when engine is stopped?
Hey guys,
My vento HL has the same feature . The autolock gets activated when the car moves past 15 to 20 km/h speed. Plus, as noops said, it was already an existing feature in the car.No separate activation whatsoever.

I had the problem of the lights not turning off once ,as well. When I entered some place, had my turn indicators on when i stopped the car. Noticed the lights were on. But this happened just once, never had the issue after this.
ventolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 11:41   #2599
Senior - BHPian

Looks like only a few of our vento's have this activated by default. I went through the owners manual once again to see if there is any mention of this feature, unfortunately there isn't any. Will be interested to know if the service centers can get this done.

While at it, I noticed another feature that isn't working as intended - convenience operation of power windows using the key fob. Per the, manual, this is supposed to work if you hold down the lock/unlock keys, but nothing happens when I do so. The power window lock isn't turned on and I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right!!!
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 11:54   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the AT.
Nope, Ventolute has a Tdi but the auto lock works for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Looks like only a few of our vento's have this activated by default. I went through the owners manual once again to see if there is any mention of this feature, unfortunately there isn't any. Will be interested to know if the service centers can get this done.
I think vw needs to clarify whether the auto lock is indeed present. And why is it some cars have it and some dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Am not sure about "auto"-unlock: it's rare that I turn off the engines and wait for someone to open the door from outside.

BTW, the locking is purely for the outside door handles. You can open any of the doors from the inside with a single tug.

When any of the doors is opened (with engine on), the central locking "lock" light goes off and all the doors unlock. Say I stop to drop off a passenger. Once the person shuts the door and I zoom off, the doors auto-lock again.
Auto unlock is important if you have say a laptop in the rear bench. You stop the engine go back to find the door still locked. Come back all the way forward to unlock it. Autolock might be a great feature from safety perspective, I am not sure if I want the autolock if there is no auto-unlock. I would also like to have the option to enable/disable the autolock system.

Last edited by oxyzen : 13th August 2011 at 12:00.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 12:22   #2601
Senior - BHPian

Agree. I beleive from Noopster's description, auto-unlock is also present - the central locking is automatically unlocked if any of the doors is opened from inside. It locks again if the vehicle attains the designated speed.

IMO - this is a great convenience feature to have. Being used to this feature in my earlier cars, I keep forgetting to manually lock the doors before driving off in the Vento.

Quote:

I think vw needs to clarify whether the auto lock is indeed present. And why is it some cars have it and some dont.

Auto unlock is important if you have say a laptop in the rear bench. You stop the engine go back to find the door still locked. Come back all the way forward to unlock it. Autolock might be a great feature from safety perspective, I am not sure if I want the autolock if there is no auto-unlock. I would also like to have the option to enable/disable the autolock system.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:32   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While at it, I noticed another feature that isn't working as intended - convenience operation of power windows using the key fob. Per the, manual, this is supposed to work if you hold down the lock/unlock keys, but nothing happens when I do so. The power window lock isn't turned on and I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right!!!
I remember the SE clearly demonstrating this feature.
More than disabled features, it seems like the software programming of the new lot(s) need to be checked again, probably might be some glitches.

Also does anyone have a list of all such add-on features out here. Probably we'll have to make a vento-specific pre/post delivery checklist
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 13:02   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree. I beleive from Noopster's description, auto-unlock is also present - the central locking is automatically unlocked if any of the doors is opened from inside. It locks again if the vehicle attains the designated speed.

IMO - this is a great convenience feature to have. Being used to this feature in my earlier cars, I keep forgetting to manually lock the doors before driving off in the Vento.
Absolutely!
I will be more than happy if my car had the same central lock solution like Noop's explained. No more moving around with unlocked doors.

But is taking it to SE a good option? What if the mess it up further.

Atlest I can roll down the windows using remote.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 14:34   #2604
Senior - BHPian

I think this can be customized with their VAG-COM, they necessarily do this scanning of ECU for every service if i'm not mistaken. If any of our members can check this with any friendly SA's they may have, it will be very helpful.

I just read in the polo thread that the rolling down of the windows using remote was removed when they started offering the electric ORVM. May be they have removed it in the newer batches of vento too?

P.S - Time for vento issues/resolution thread, me thinks

Quote:
Absolutely!
I will be more than happy if my car had the same central lock solution like Noop's explained. No more moving around with unlocked doors.

But is taking it to SE a good option? What if the mess it up further.

Atlest I can roll down the windows using remote.
Old 13th August 2011, 17:23   #2605
BHPian

@bala80 -those are quite a few useful features missing in your vehicle. Maybe as you said the VAG COM update/modification should do it. Either way you can enquire with the SE or even get an answer to your query from the service guys.

@oxyzen -like noops said, when any one of the doors are opened, the auto unlock feature goes off and all the doors can now be opened from the outside.
When the car speeds of again , the doors lock but can only be opened from the inside.

As far as the list of useful features go,
Does the head light leveller work? I am not able to make out any difference in the focus spot of the cone when i use it in any of the positions.

A lot of ownership threads had mentioned the oil level reducing considerably by 5k. I have reached close to 6k but the level still is within the limits.
Is this abnormal?
ventolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 19:16   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute
@bala80 -those are quite a few useful features missing in your vehicle. Maybe as you said the VAG COM update/modification should do it. Either way you can enquire with the SE or even get an answer to your query from the service guys.

@oxyzen -like noops said, when any one of the doors are opened, the auto unlock feature goes off and all the doors can now be opened from the outside.
When the car speeds of again , the doors lock but can only be opened from the inside.

As far as the list of useful features go,
Does the head light leveller work? I am not able to make out any difference in the focus spot of the cone when i use it in any of the positions.

A lot of ownership threads had mentioned the oil level reducing considerably by 5k. I have reached close to 6k but the level still is within the limits.
Is this abnormal?
Ventolute, park your car facing a wall, at a distance and then try changing the headlight level, you should notice the changes.

To summarize the features in my car:

- The auto-lock on moving does not work. However auto- unlock works if I have manually locked the car.
- The long press of the unlock button to lower down all windows works for me
- The horn honk feature that Noopster has talked about in his and my thread, does not work for me. If you lock the car before closing the last door, and then close the door, it should give a short honk. Nada for me, though it locks everything properly.
Old 14th August 2011, 11:40   #2607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Ventolute, park your car facing a wall, at a distance and then try changing the headlight level, you should notice the changes.

To summarize the features in my car:

- The auto-lock on moving does not work. However auto- unlock works if I have manually locked the car.
- The long press of the unlock button to lower down all windows works for me
- The horn honk feature that Noopster has talked about in his and my thread, does not work for me. If you lock the car before closing the last door, and then close the door, it should give a short honk. Nada for me, though it locks everything properly.
I guess we are not realising that the lock is engaged because its always "open" from inside. Have you checked whther the lock light switches on or better still ask someone to try to open the door once you have taken a short drive.

BTW, the horn honk feature can be turned on in the remote lock and believe me , its very irritating. IMO its better that it stays silent and one gets used to Lights blinking
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 15:19   #2608
BHPian

As an expectant father for my to-be born (Vento TDI HL) baby, I seek help from fellow BHPians on a few points
- How do i decode the VIN number for Vento (I searched this thread but there seems to be no clear answer on that yet)
- How will I get to know about the allotment of the car. Will the dealership notify me or will the VW notify me (at the risk of being redundant, I have also PM'd a fellow BHPian seeking guidance on it)
- Is there any VW contact number/email which I can call up to get any information, whatsoever. I dont plan to disturb them for a couple of months. But at the same time, having seen the abysmal response from dealership in a few cases, I want to gear up for the battle.

Last edited by SR-71 : 14th August 2011 at 15:22.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 17:28   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Hi SR-71,
Please find my replies in-line.

Others, do correct me if i'm wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
As an expectant father for my to-be born (Vento TDI HL) baby, I seek help from fellow BHPians on a few points
- How do i decode the VIN number for Vento (I searched this thread but there seems to be no clear answer on that yet)

Use this link
@Ventolute had posted the same in the forum earlier (TBHP Link (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)))

Also you could take @Wildon's help on the above thread.

- How will I get to know about the allotment of the car. Will the dealership notify me or will the VW notify me (at the risk of being redundant, I have also PM'd a fellow BHPian seeking guidance on it)

The dealer would notify you, 1-2 weeks in advance of your car being allocated to you.

- Is there any VW contact number/email which I can call up to get any information, whatsoever. I dont plan to disturb them for a couple of months. But at the same time, having seen the abysmal response from dealership in a few cases, I want to gear up for the battle.

Just go back 4-5 pages back on this thread, @nileshch had posted VW email ids & VW customer care numbers. But would like to inform you, recently I just posted mails to the VW ids (regarding clarity on my pending Vento delivery), and immediately received a response from the dealer (I guess they forward the mails to the dealer unless there is some big issue at hand). Still to receive a mail from the VW ids.

Edit : FYI - Nilesh's post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nice to see you have chosen the blue TDI. I know I shouldn't say this but VW is really going to test your love for the color

But I wonder how the loan disbursal happened without your involvement. In my case, the bank was insisting on chassis/engine number before preparing the demand draft.

For starters, send separate mails to the Germany (KUNDENBETREUUNG@volkswagen.de) and Indian customer care (customercaresales@volkswagen.co.in). Mention that the loan disbursal has already been done at the dealer's behest and the resulting complications. Also, lodge a complaint with the customer care helpline (18001020909 / 18002090909).

This should set the ball rolling.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 14th August 2011 at 17:35. Reason: Added post
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2011, 22:05   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I guess we are not realising that the lock is engaged because its always "open" from inside. Have you checked whther the lock light switches on or better still ask someone to try to open the door once you have taken a short drive.
Yes, absolutely. The difference in the light when the lock is engaged and when it is not, is pretty prominent. So I am really really sure it does not work for me. I have checked this after driving a small distance as well. Also, if the locks were to be engaged, there should have been a click sound, similar to the click sound when I manually engage the lock.

Quote:
BTW, the horn honk feature can be turned on in the remote lock and believe me , its very irritating. IMO its better that it stays silent and one gets used to Lights blinking
Yes, I am guessing it may be irritating. But the car giving a small honk when I forget something is a nice feeling. Want to experience it before switching it off