Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2011, 20:07   #2611
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Sometime towards the end of last week i got a feedback form from VW - it runs into 4 pages and seemingly segments possible concerns into 9 categories [ Transmission/ Engine/ HVAC/Features(controls, display)/Seats/Interior/Exterior/ Driving Experience/ Audio & Navigation/Other concerns ]
and many sub categories . Has anyone in the forum got it ? I heard that there was one feedback form given when the car was purchased which was either not given to me or i misplaced it . Is this the same one ?
Overall I think its a good initiative if VW does not treat it as a form filling exercise .
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 20:33   #2612
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,195
Thanked: 7,898 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Sourav, I got the same survey form. Glanced through it- seems pretty comprehensive but didn't respond to it. Anyone who wants it is welcome to it, especially if you have a problem.

@nileshch- the honking with lock/unlock, if discontinued, is a good thing! But I think you were referrning more to the delayed closing of one door (i.e. "lock" using remote when one or more doors is still open) and the car still barks when you shut the last dor, right? That is an awesome feature and if that is discontinued, it's a shame.

I am trying to get some details from my VW contact but as far as he knows, no changes have been made and the autolock should work fine. In fact this weekend I tried all possible combinations of order of doors closing, engine on/off etc etc. but it works in any permutation. Bala & oxyzen, you need to get your cars checked thoroughly at the service station, sorry!
noopster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 21:13   #2613
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Noopster - I appreciate you taking the time and effort to clarify this for us. I'm pretty certain the speed sensing auto-lock/unlock doesnt work in my car (So do few other members who have posted on this topic), however I dont think this is a flaw either - its just a matter of customizing the central locking to your preferences. I'm pretty sure same is the case with honk feature while locking/unlocking that you have described below. Autocop (which I used in my earlier car) used to come with an manual which will describe these customization options in detail - nothing with the vento though.

Guess the only way to get this activated will be through the ASC. If any of our members manage to get this done, requesting them to please post the information here for the benefit of others.


Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

I am trying to get some details from my VW contact but as far as he knows, no changes have been made and the autolock should work fine. In fact this weekend I tried all possible combinations of order of doors closing, engine on/off etc etc. but it works in any permutation. Bala & oxyzen, you need to get your cars checked thoroughly at the service station, sorry!
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 21:18   #2614
Newbie
 
P S Sudhakar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I took my At delivery on 9th August-11. Not yet received any feedback form from VW.


Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Sometime towards the end of last week i got a feedback form from VW - it runs into 4 pages and seemingly segments possible concerns into 9 categories [ Transmission/ Engine/ HVAC/Features(controls, display)/Seats/Interior/Exterior/ Driving Experience/ Audio & Navigation/Other concerns ]
and many sub categories . Has anyone in the forum got it ? I heard that there was one feedback form given when the car was purchased which was either not given to me or i misplaced it . Is this the same one ?
Overall I think its a good initiative if VW does not treat it as a form filling exercise .
P S Sudhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 22:04   #2615
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

On the Auto Lock feature - Its not enabled / does not work on my car too. I have dropped a mail to VW for clarification ( more to test their quality of response )

@Sudhakar - Noops and myself bought our cars a long time back so there's still time to get the feedback form. Hey, haven't seen your ownership thread, have i missed it ?
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 23:49   #2616
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

My worst nightmare came true. Few days back I had said that while going round about the circle my cars rear right got touched to the footpath, well yesterday had gone for a drive to Morbe Dam, which resulted into car getting very dirty. On close inspection I found that the rear right alloy rim has got shaved of by a mm or two while going round about the circle. The rim doesn't look bended or any abnormality. As alloy's color too is silver so it's not easily visible until close inspection. Around half the circumference has got shaved off around the edge.
Is there any thing to be concern of as a new rim itself costs Rs. 20,000.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 00:11   #2617
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Bala & oxyzen, you need to get your cars checked thoroughly at the service station, sorry!
I will ask the VW guys about it. But I doubt if they are even aware that such an autolock feature exists.


Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Around half the circumference has got shaved off around the edge.
Is there any thing to be concern of as a new rim itself costs Rs. 20,000.
If you need to change the alloy, change all 4. Infact get 16" ones.
20K for an alloy is not worth. You can sell the other alloys at 10-15K on Team-BHP itself. Many people may like to replace their steel spare wheel with the alloy at a reasonable price.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 00:33   #2618
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My worst nightmare came true. Few days back I had said that while going round about the circle my cars rear right got touched to the footpath, well yesterday had gone for a drive to Morbe Dam, which resulted into car getting very dirty. On close inspection I found that the rear right alloy rim has got shaved of by a mm or two while going round about the circle. The rim doesn't look bended or any abnormality. As alloy's color too is silver so it's not easily visible until close inspection. Around half the circumference has got shaved off around the edge.
Is there any thing to be concern of as a new rim itself costs Rs. 20,000.
I don't think you need to worry too much about it - get a wheel balancing done and you should be fine . For an alloy to be materially damaged the impact has to be jolting enough for you to pay immediate attention, not like the mere grazing that you have mentioned
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 09:34   #2619
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My worst nightmare came true. Few days back I had said that while going round about the circle my cars rear right got touched to the footpath, well yesterday had gone for a drive to Morbe Dam, which resulted into car getting very dirty. On close inspection I found that the rear right alloy rim has got shaved of by a mm or two while going round about the circle. The rim doesn't look bended or any abnormality. As alloy's color too is silver so it's not easily visible until close inspection. Around half the circumference has got shaved off around the edge.
Is there any thing to be concern of as a new rim itself costs Rs. 20,000.
Not to worry much. The damage should have been very minimal. Also alloys don't bend like steel rim, but if the impact is very severe they may crack. Even I have experienced the same & my alloys have taken the beating many a times resulting in numerous dents, scratches etc. On one occasion I drove my car (left wheel) over a protruding, sharp pavement tile. Result, there were two deep cuts on tyre sidewall & it was flat within no time. Also the alloy spokes had major scoring marks. When I went for tyre replacement, I asked the tyre shop if the alloy is damaged & I need to replace that as well. He said the damage is only superficial & I can continue using it. Have driven 17K kms after that incident & no issues at all (touchwood)
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 12:08   #2620
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 732
Thanked: 352 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@nileshch- the honking with lock/unlock, if discontinued, is a good thing! But I think you were referrning more to the delayed closing of one door (i.e. "lock" using remote when one or more doors is still open) and the car still barks when you shut the last dor, right? That is an awesome feature and if that is discontinued, it's a shame.
Yes, that's the one I was talking about! But I am happier to have the default locking routine silent.

Quote:
I am trying to get some details from my VW contact but as far as he knows, no changes have been made and the autolock should work fine. In fact this weekend I tried all possible combinations of order of doors closing, engine on/off etc etc. but it works in any permutation. Bala & oxyzen, you need to get your cars checked thoroughly at the service station, sorry!
So I guess, I too will need to get the auto-lock feature checked from the workshop!
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 15:23   #2621
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

As others have said, I dont think so its a cause for concern. However, I read that the zero depreciation/B2B insurance cover will include any possible damage to the alloy wheels also.

Im not sure if you have opted for this, but if so - you can relax.


Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Is there any thing to be concern of as a new rim itself costs Rs. 20,000.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 16:08   #2622
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Not to worry much. The damage should have been very minimal. Also alloys don't bend like steel rim, but if the impact is very severe they may crack. Even I have experienced the same & my alloys have taken the beating many a times resulting in numerous dents, scratches etc. On one occasion I drove my car (left wheel) over a protruding, sharp pavement tile. Result, there were two deep cuts on tyre sidewall & it was flat within no time. Also the alloy spokes had major scoring marks. When I went for tyre replacement, I asked the tyre shop if the alloy is damaged & I need to replace that as well. He said the damage is only superficial & I can continue using it. Have driven 17K kms after that incident & no issues at all (touchwood)
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I don't think you need to worry too much about it - get a wheel balancing done and you should be fine . For an alloy to be materially damaged the impact has to be jolting enough for you to pay immediate attention, not like the mere grazing that you have mentioned
Thanks souravc, bala80 and AutoIndian for the moral boosting words. Well the damage is very minimal and I don't think it requires a replacement. The rim just grazed the surface nothing more.
Will be starting my ownership thread this weekend, look out for it. Just received ONR from AutoMall, let Friday come and my car will be out shinning every other in my building at least, that's the plan till rains play spoilsport postponing everything.
Thanks again.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 16th August 2011 at 16:14.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 15:10   #2623
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Saw this Vento on my way to work in the morning. I like the way he has cut the rear mud flaps. I agree that the Vento mud flaps are a pain, though the car's GC is excellent and it has not scraped even a single road hump ever. But the Mud flaps have scraped a lot of them.

Also see the condition of the Roads :-(
One rain and the entire roads get washed off.... I feel sorry for the cars in this city :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-new-image.jpg  


Last edited by evilshantanu : 17th August 2011 at 15:12.
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 15:58   #2624
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
BTW, the horn honk feature can be turned on in the remote lock and believe me , its very irritating. IMO its better that it stays silent and one gets used to Lights blinking
Hi Souravc - Can you guide on how to turn on the horn honk feature in the remote lock. Thnx.
krish11 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 17:13   #2625
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Hi Souravc - Can you guide on how to turn on the horn honk feature in the remote lock. Thnx.
Krish, please get the same done at the workshop - mine was turned off when i took delivery of the car.

BTW , I clicked a silly "thank you" due to a jumpy mouse
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks