Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 22:30   #2926
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Interesting day!
In the morning accompanied a friend for his punto diesel delivery from Pandit Auto. Had an amazing and wonderful experience, contrary to what we read on the fiat threads.

Then got a nice shock in the afternoon having being informed about the new model being assigned to me.

In the evening had a long face-to-face discussion with the GM of BUBhandari, in the midst of which I got to give a detailed feedback to one of the RSM of VW. Although he was quite apologetic, he didn't have any solutions.

Unfortunately there weren't any of the new vento(s) in the showroom, so couldn't take any pics.

In the night (ongoing as I type) went on a long drive in the punto, which just made the day :-)
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2011, 22:43   #2927
BHPian
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The stupid phone sign on the steering with no option of actually using it is to say the least
Are you serious, this is height of exploitation. I got to wait for 3 more months (more than a month into my waiting period already) pay an additional 35 to 38K and take delivery of a car with deleted features (interior surveillance system) and dummy switches ?!? What next VW, a car with dummy airbag slots that wont deploy before i get my car allotted ?

I do not have an valid answer as to what is stopping me from cancelling the booking but I am definitely waiting for upgrades from couple of other bands that may give a decent excuse for cancelling this otherwise excellent car. The SA's here anyway don't have any problem with cancellation and they hardly care.

Last edited by SR-71 : 14th September 2011 at 22:46.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 08:03   #2928
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,207
Thanked: 7,921 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

^^ I believe even the Jetta has a bluetooth switch that doesn't work. Making it future-compatible, I suppose, but comes across as plain cheesy. Vw need to sharpen up their act!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 09:46   #2929
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ I believe even the Jetta has a bluetooth switch that doesn't work. Making it future-compatible, I suppose, but comes across as plain cheesy. Vw need to sharpen up their act!
I can very well imagine the VW marketing guys having a blast over this decision of leaving the bluetooth out:
  • If the Vento/Jetta sells well, introduce the bluetooth option with a slightly better HU and a few other improvements in the car, and a price increase. Advantage VW!
  • If the Vento/Jetta sales go down, do the same and give out a "re-freshed" car to push the sales. Advantage VW again!
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 10:41   #2930
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I can very well imagine the VW marketing guys having a blast over this decision of leaving the bluetooth out:
  • If the Vento/Jetta sells well, introduce the bluetooth option with a slightly better HU and a few other improvements in the car, and a price increase. Advantage VW!
  • If the Vento/Jetta sales go down, do the same and give out a "re-freshed" car to push the sales. Advantage VW again!
This is getting dumber by the day -earlier we were crying hoarse over the incompetent dealerships , now the corporate gets into the act too ! This whole thing about the upgrade and re-pricing is being mishandled from top to bottom , absolute disgrace. How can the company force those guys who booked before the last price hike to pay for the refreshed car when VW had clearly communicated that prices were as applicable at the time of booking rather than at the time of delivery ! That notice attracted my attention because it was out of the norm ( where prices are as applicable at the time of delivery ) so how can the company go back on its own word!
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 12:35   #2931
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congrats on your great buy, would await your OT.
Happy mile crunching and drive safely. All the best.


Cheers!
Thanks should have it on the 28th.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
If things go my way I might also book the car in a week or so. Is the new car available on Display in Gurgaon?
Ya the car is on display.
Though nothing different to write home about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
Congratulations on your booking. Could you please provide the break up of total cost? Did you bargain on a discount or a freebie? Also, did you consider buying insurance on your own?

Thanks - Ex-Showroom 9,82,831, Registration 42000, Insurance - not taking from them, getting from HDFC ERGO with 0% depreciation, paying 31000 with NCB

Bargain & Freebies are 2 things VW does not discuss, as the Diesel Ventos are flying off the shelves...


Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
First of all Ricky congrats on your new purchase.
Secondly so many of you have seen the car in person and booked and no pictures for us to share. That's bad really bad. Please take some pictures of the new HU, steering wheel, etc.
Thanks, quite honestly I saw nothing different in it to take pictures of !! Except the inflated price.




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 19:16   #2932
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Just received the quote from VW Downtown Bangalore.

Ex factory 868889
VAT 121644
ex show 990533
Corp discount - 16000
Ex show 974533
Road tax 153930
Handling charges 7000
Insurance 37634
Basic Accessories 3255

On road 1176718

Around 37000 Rs more than previous price.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 19:50   #2933
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

On the bluetooth switch part - Do we know if the RNS 310 music system has a add-on bluetooth module anywhere in the international market? If so, this can be seperately procured and customized to the existing HU. These customizations can be done via the VAG-COM unit. These modules are terribly expensive though.

Also, on the new revised price - For a member like Ninja who booked before the previous increment of 25k by VW, what is the new price that applies? If it is the current ex-showroom price - the 25k, then I think its pretty fair. If they are asking the people who had booked earlier than July 1, to pay the current price then I think it isnt.

@Ninjatalli - Can you clarify what will be the ex-showroom price applicable in your case?
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 20:08   #2934
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
On the bluetooth switch part - Do we know if the RNS 310 music system has a add-on bluetooth module anywhere in the international market? If so, this can be seperately procured and customized to the existing HU. These customizations can be done via the VAG-COM unit. These modules are terribly expensive though.

Also, on the new revised price - For a member like Ninja who booked before the previous increment of 25k by VW, what is the new price that applies? If it is the current ex-showroom price - the 25k, then I think its pretty fair. If they are asking the people who had booked earlier than July 1, to pay the current price then I think it isnt.

@Ninjatalli - Can you clarify what will be the ex-showroom price applicable in your case?
I fell off my chair after looking at the price of the Bluetooth kit. 154 GBP.

http://www.shop4volkswagen.co.uk/pro...its_000051473A
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 21:23   #2935
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Can anybody confirm if he/she has seen the USB port on the new Vento music system. As per the sales team at Bhandari, the new player comes with only AUX as is the case in the new Jetta. First of all, a pic (attached below). This is of the new Jetta which has the RCD 300. The Vento has the RCD 310. In the Jetta, I could only see the AUX port, the glove box doesn't have a USB port.

To confirm the same, I showed him the thread & previous posts about the additional features. In return he showed me the mail from VW. The mail states this :
  • RCD 310 Music System with Media & 4 Speakers
(in addition to the rear parking sensors, steering controls, etc.)
No mention of USB.

He would be receiving the first new Vento car tomorrow, and he'll get back to me immediately on this aspect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Also, on the new revised price - For a member like Ninja who booked before the previous increment of 25k by VW, what is the new price that applies? If it is the current ex-showroom price - the 25k, then I think its pretty fair. If they are asking the people who had booked earlier than July 1, to pay the current price then I think it isnt.

@Ninjatalli - Can you clarify what will be the ex-showroom price applicable in your case?
Original Ex - Showroom Price : 924363
New Ex - Showroom Price : 924363 + 34000
Expecting the net price to increase by around 36-38k.


Btw with regards to my ongoing car dispute, I had a long call (read:fight) with the regional manager of VW & the GM of Bhandari in tow. Hardly made any difference, as I was offered nothing in return.

But the SE did show me the Breeze edition of the Vento - this is available in Diesel trendline too! For someone who's fine without ABS, Automatic Climate Control & Airbags (rest all differences are cosmetic), this is a quite a good deal.

If anybody's interested, here's the breakup of Diesel Trendline (Breeze edition):
Ex-Sh. Price : 833637
Com. Insurance : 33496
Car Care Package : 52503 (No idea what this is)
RTO : 64355
On Road Price : 931488
Attached Images
 
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 22:41   #2936
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 71
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
If anybody's interested, here's the breakup of Diesel Trendline (Breeze edition):
Ex-Sh. Price : 833637
Com. Insurance : 33496
Car Care Package : 52503 (No idea what this is)
RTO : 64355
On Road Price : 931488
Basically you get to choose between Com. Insurance and Car Care Package, the On Road Price you have mentioned is considering Com. Insurance and is valid for metallic colors - I think White and Red fall under non-metallic and are priced 15k cheaper. If you choose Car Care Package (i.e. pay around 19k extra), you get Zero Dep Insurance and 2 years Extended Warranty
morphique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 23:28   #2937
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can anybody confirm if he/she has seen the USB port on the new Vento music system. As per the sales team at Bhandari, the new player comes with only AUX as is the case in the new Jetta. First of all, a pic (attached below). This is of the new Jetta which has the RCD 300. The Vento has the RCD 310. In the Jetta, I could only see the AUX port, the glove box doesn't have a USB port.
Hey ninjatalli, i have seen the upgraded vento (infact was the first customer to see it, as a display model arrived here on 13th evening).
I have seen the USB port. It is present in the glove box (a 5 inch cable with the USB port at the end).
You can refer to my earlier post where i have mentioned all the updates in detail.
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2011, 23:29   #2938
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default

I believe RCD310 has USB capability. If you scroll back a page or two a gentleman reported to have seen it in the glove box. Why don't you look the specs up in the internet to make sure?

Media in denotes external media - USB, right?

Edit - The gentleman who I was referring to has posted above in the meanwhile I was typing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
[*]RCD 310 Music System with Media & 4 Speakers

Last edited by bala80 : 15th September 2011 at 23:32.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 00:35   #2939
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Hey ninjatalli, i have seen the upgraded vento (infact was the first customer to see it, as a display model arrived here on 13th evening).
I have seen the USB port. It is present in the glove box (a 5 inch cable with the USB port at the end).
You can refer to my earlier post where i have mentioned all the updates in detail.
Thanks Gaurav. Had shown your post only to the SE.
Just got into doubt when the SE mentioned that he was 110% confident that the new car didn't come with a USB (his own words )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I believe RCD310 has USB capability. If you scroll back a page or two a gentleman reported to have seen it in the glove box. Why don't you look the specs up in the internet to make sure?
Media in denotes external media - USB, right?
Did a google before posting - found a few links that stated the basic RCD310 doesn't have USB, but had the option of connecting a USB cord as an accessory. Gaurav's post clears it all.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 00:44   #2940
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Don't worry mate. I am not at all surprised.

Got a call from a SE from the other VW dealer in the city today (not from the one where i have finally booked). He wanted to inform me that they have received the new upgraded Vento. So i casually asked him what are the additions ? And would you believe it - he said that the steering now has Climatronic controls ! Now try and beat that for an informed sales representative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thanks Gaurav. Had shown your post only to the SE.
Just got into doubt when the SE mentioned that he was 110% confident that the new car didn't come with a USB (his own words )


Did a google before posting - found a few links that stated the basic RCD310 doesn't have USB, but had the option of connecting a USB cord as an accessory. Gaurav's post clears it all.
gaurav911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks