Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd September 2011, 11:52   #3001
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Car should be available for delivery by Saturday morning, but I have a feeling @anToNIcHeN might beat me to it with his red vento
hmmm...
My Loan is still processing. It would take few more days!. I have a feeling that delivery "might" get pushed to next week.
Hopefully yours gets delivered by this saturday
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:08   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
9 per month
The pune dealer I'm dealing with, average number of bookings of Vento & Polo combined goes to 80+ per month! Down south, are Vento purchases that low?
The bookings are relatively high - hence the waiting list. But the number of units dispatched in my color choice of color is 9. I think on the whole they dispatch about 40 units of Vento per month.

Also I was told that that they wont receive the pricing and the new model until 1st week of October. While I dont believe on the pricing front (I am sure they have been intimated already) I think not having received the new model makes sense as they will not get the new lot before 1st week of October. From what I understand the frequency of delivery seems to be a month.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:48   #3003
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli
9 per month
The pune dealer I'm dealing with, average number of bookings of Vento & Polo combined goes to 80+ per month! Down south, are Vento purchases that low?

Outright answer - If you have the moolah, then yes.
But I can give you a few questions to think about -
[*]Do you have a cut-off for your budget? Is the additional 3 lakhs going to pinch your wallet?[*]Are you looking at Petrol or Diesel (considering you have mentioned both in your choices) - what's your monthly usage going to look like?[*]Have you TDed any of these cars? What did you like/dislike about them?

IMO, look at a segment of cars and not only price. Vento, Verna, Fiesta are all C segment sedans. Cruze & Civic, C+.
Considering I ll keep the car at least for 5-7 years, 3 lacs would move me to c+ segment, so thinking on these lines
My monthly usage is btw 600-800 kms, I am kind of open , mostly for city use.
I have TD's vento, anhv, civic, cruze old jetta.

Vento:

Fit and finish
No turbo lag felt
Spacious
Planted drive

Not so much:
Space for the driver head and knee , tried options, but feel of upgrade from my current ikon is low
Low on features, agree BT, steering controls are no on, but that's what is taking OTR to 12+ lacs
No electric folding ORVM s
Middle hump on rear seat

Anhv(no boats pls), cruze good package but brand connect in my mindshare is low.
Civic
Most stylish car after so many years
Feels premium in looks and sense of arrived
Spacious
Good car to drive on open roads
Features and well done dash./ cockpit

Gc and rev up is smthg a matter of getting used.
vcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:01   #3004
BHPian

If you are considering Civic, please go ahead and take a TD of Laura TSi. It blows Civic out of the water in performance and handling. And it costs only as much !
ethanhunt123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:57   #3005
Senior - BHPian

Ok Guys - so I did go to check my car out at the dealer stockyard..maybe 200 cars lined up , what a yummy side for any car freak...

Posting a few pics. I basically wanted to check the car that was allocated to me.

There are no tweeters in the audio setup, especially checked that - AND the motion sensor is there too. The steering did have a stitched leather cover.

I was swayed with the Blue till the reality of Gurgaon roads hit me..and I finally stuck to Silver.

Here are some pictures !!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-stockyard-013.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-stockyard-020.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-stockyard-019.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-stockyard-018.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-stockyard-017.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-stockyard-016.jpg  

Ricky_63 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:01   #3006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
If you are considering Civic, please go ahead and take a TD of Laura TSi. It blows Civic out of the water in performance and handling. And it costs only as much !
How ironic is it that we as a forum are unanimously against Skoda & its dealers for their fraud dealings on selling old/damaged cars (etc etc), but yet as an auto-enthuiast we still love the cars they make.

@vcx - there are a bout of C+ segment cars that compete against the Civic - Laura, Jetta, Cruze, Corolla, and so on. The list just goes on as long as your budget is extendable.

IMO, the Civic is a fabulous car - wouldn't advise anybody to go for a Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I was swayed with the Blue till the reality of Gurgaon roads hit me..and I finally stuck to Silver.
Could you elaborate on the Gurgaon part & the connection with the Blue color?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd September 2011 at 17:06.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:11   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How ironic is it that we as a forum are unanimously against Skoda & its dealers for their fraud dealings on selling old/damaged cars (etc etc), but yet as an auto-enthuiast we still love the cars they make.

@vcx - there are a bout of C+ segment cars that compete against the Civic - Laura, Jetta, Cruze, Corolla, and so on. The list just goes on as long as your budget is extendable.

IMO, the Civic is a fabulous car - wouldn't advise anybody to go for a Skoda.

Could you elaborate on the Gurgaon part & the connection with the Blue color?

Do I really need to ?? Dark colors show scratches more than the likes of White or Silver. My wife for whom the car is, was very clear she does NOT want the dark colour as the scratches - if & when they come would look bad, and "I would loose my cool"

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:20   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Do I really need to ?? Dark colors show scratches more than the likes of White or Silver. My wife for whom the car is, was very clear she does NOT want the dark colour as the scratches - if & when they come would look bad, and "I would loose my cool"

Cheers
Thanks Ricky_63 for those fabulous pics ! I would so love to put my hands on one of those with the steering contols... but I'm waiting for the petrol version and that might take some time.

Regarding colour options. Just talked to the VW dehradun guy, and was told they are not taking any booking except for white and silver for the Vento, as per a communication from VW... some new colours seem to be in the pipeline from Jan-Feb... lets see
rock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:38   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
Regarding colour options. Just talked to the VW dehradun guy, and was told they are not taking any booking except for white and silver for the Vento, as per a communication from VW... some new colours seem to be in the pipeline from Jan-Feb... lets see
I wonder if this is only for petrol(marketing gimmick) or for diesel too.

Btw @rock, how is that you aren't being pushed for the earlier and already available petrol cars! Wonder what VW are planning to do with them!
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:18   #3010
BHPian

So , the refreshed Vento, does not lose out on anything, esp the internal surveillance as was suspected as per the information doing the rounds. It infact gains -1. Steering mounted controls, with the dummy Phone button
2. A new USB capable ICE. (What is TP on the audio system- is it meant for the telephone (bluetooth)?
3. All the missing chrome is back in place
4.leather wrapped steering is back in place

All in all - A good deal !
ventolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:26   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
So , the refreshed Vento, does not lose out on anything, esp the internal surveillance as was suspected as per the information doing the rounds.
Minor correction - the surveillance system has been removed. I presume @ricky was probably referring to the parking sensors at the back.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd September 2011 at 18:28.
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:34   #3012
Team-BHP Support

So ninjatalli was right...the blue screens are history. Actually I have learned to really like them- very soothing on long drives. The new combo (white lettering on black) is in line with the Laura.

The red MID really looks stupid now. The South Africa spec Polo sedan (manufactured in amchi Chakan) has a white MID- VW missed a trick here.

Steering controls on just one side gives the wheel an assymetrical look. But it's a much-needed addition. The dummy bluetooth button is cheesy though- kind of like adding insult to injury!

Nice pics Ricky!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:41   #3013
BHPian

Thanks for the photos Ricky. By the way is there a way to have an after market Bluetooth add on which can work with the Bluetooth control on the car?

And its nice to see many Vento's at one place. I think some of us from south should hijack few delivery trucks and bring them to Bangalore or Chennai from Pune. Maybe then Volkswagen will realise that people buy Vento down south as well.

Last edited by prabhuferrari : 22nd September 2011 at 18:43.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:58   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
So ninjatalli was right...the blue screens are history. Actually I have learned to really like them- very soothing on long drives.
Ninja or Talli please :-)
Both are my nicknames.

Noobie Q - in continuation to @prabhuferrari's post, can a person purchase the car in one state - say Ggn, and then drive it to another state on a temporary registration and register it there? Have seen half-trucks being driven in such a manner in the past.
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:24   #3015
Senior - BHPian

I want one of those RCD310 right now.!! Really impressed with the minimalist white in black display. And you have USB too..!! I am sure this will be plug and play in Polo.
A query..!! does the display turn on only if you turn on the headlights like in older version? The unlit LCD was a pain to read in low light conditions.

Last edited by poloman : 22nd September 2011 at 19:27.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote