Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 15:26   #3106
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
On a negative note - lower waiting periods could also mean the demand is going down!
I think so.
The pre sales and the after sales leaves a lot to be desired. And specially with Verna coming up with its fluidic design & porviding a lot more atleast in paper (Power / torque / gears / wheel size / features) makes it a very good buy for an am janata (which is more than 95% of the entire population).
On the other hand I dont believe VW has performed any miracle in their production line to reduce the waiting period. If it was so it atleast have been reflected in the monthly sales.

Last edited by oxyzen : 29th September 2011 at 15:28.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 17:01   #3107
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Hi Ricky,
Congrats on the new VW Vento. So how do you rate the Octavia 90 bhp vs the Vento 105 ?? on Power, handling, space and others..


Thanks !! Well my Octavia began life as a 90 Bhp car but soon matured into a 120 Bhp car with a Remap from Pete's !!

Having said that the Octavia was and is a great car. Though it was heavier (I think) & bigger, it handled well, never had any reason too complain, returned very good mileage (16 kmpl+) city driving with AC & 20 kmpl+ on highways.

The Vento is still just 50 kms old so I cannot really compare the two, just yet. Though I can say that it has just about everything right with it, be it looks, size, performance, braking, audio, suspension.. quite honestly the Octavia & Vento are cousins, so they feel similar in some ways

I liked the dark grey / light grey interior way better than the "beige" in the Vento !




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 20:02   #3108
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
quite honestly the Octavia & Vento are cousins, so they feel similar in some ways
Do you still have the Octavia. Well then a comparo will be awesome.
Not now. But maybe after driving a few more KMs.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 10:49   #3109
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 618
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey !! I think we should have a "smart cat club" or something on those lines. As those amongst us with lesser experience get short changed, and this is not just insurance, but many many other aspects of owning an automobile.

I know this is unrelated jabber, maybe it is the exhiliration of driving a diesel Vento !! Even without the remap, she does great.

P.S. Is that not what T-Bhp is all about ??




Cheers

I would agree. This is just such a great forum. Only becuase of this forum and helpful people I was able to gather some important information which can help me in taking informed decisions.

@Ricky_63 & @Ninjatalli: Thank you so much guys for your advice and suggestions on the Insurance aspect. I checked my currenct insurance and it has a 50% NCB. Then I called up the guy to whom I am selling my car and told him I will not give my insurance. He was fine with it.

After that I call the delearships and ask which Insurance has they tie ups with for Cashless. Both Chd and GGN dealer said that now the tie up is with Bajaj Alliance only. Chd SE quoted 48K for Comprehensive insurance. I called Bajaj Alliance and got a quote of 36K from them for the Comprehensive insurance. Plus I will surrender my insurance and get that 50% NCB certificate and voila hopefully my Insurance should not cost me more than 20K. Considering its a comprensive one plus Pan India Cashless facility I would say its a good deal.

Thank You guys for all your help!!

Waiting desparately to Join the Vento Club.

OT: I will be selling my beloved 7 year old Indica today and the experience has been very unlike TATA. It never stopped in the middle of the road even once and server us rather very very well for the last 7 years.

I am going to Miss Her.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 11:40   #3110
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I called Bajaj Alliance and got a quote of 36K from them for the Comprehensive insurance. Plus I will surrender my insurance and get that 50% NCB certificate and voila hopefully my Insurance should not cost me more than 20K. Considering its a comprensive one plus Pan India Cashless facility I would say its a good deal.
Please don't forget to add the zero depreciation shield - it's referred as "Drive Assure" package by B-A. The quote would go up by another 4-5k (net 2-2.5k for you), but considering the higher costs of spare parts of VW, this is a good investment.
In case you haven't made the payment yet, you could still opt for it. And glad to help
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 11:57   #3111
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 618
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Please don't forget to add the zero depreciation shield - it's referred as "Drive Assure" package by B-A. The quote would go up by another 4-5k (net 2-2.5k for you), but considering the higher costs of spare parts of VW, this is a good investment.
In case you haven't made the payment yet, you could still opt for it. And glad to help
Thanks ninjatalli for the suggestion. I haven not paid yet because there is still a month to go in the delivery of the car. Actually I was under the impression that this Comprehensive 0 depreciation Insurance would have all this included. Still I would confirm it once and make sure to have that included. I am also slightly worried of the High Spare parts prices.

Thanks for the suggestion. And yes keep clicking nice pics of your car. It will help me pass time till mine arrives.

CHEERS!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 12:30   #3112
BHPian
 
subodh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Please don't forget to add the zero depreciation shield - it's referred as "Drive Assure" package by B-A. The quote would go up by another 4-5k (net 2-2.5k for you), but considering the higher costs of spare parts of VW, this is a good investment.
In case you haven't made the payment yet, you could still opt for it. And glad to help
NJ: As per my knowledge, all the policies sold along with VW cars are Drive Assure. The package which he is talking about is a Drive Assure as per me looking at the costing.
subodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 12:50   #3113
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
NJ: As per my knowledge, all the policies sold along with VW cars are Drive Assure. The package which he is talking about is a Drive Assure as per me looking at the costing.
Well going by my experience the call center B-A guys kept harping about comprehensive insurance all the time even though right from the start I clearly mentioned inclusion of zero dep. They understand the Drive Assure tag better than zero dep.
But yes, going by the cost, seems to be including zero dep.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 12:59   #3114
BHPian
 
subodh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 214
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I was one of the first few people to book the vento. When i went for booking, I told the manager, I will get my own insurance. He smiled at me, told me tell me the price and I will match it but dont get it done from outside as it is one of the places where we can make some money. At the time of booking, they flatly refused to let me get my own insurance policy and claimed that they wont give cashless. When i called B-A (I know one of their managers) they assured me that no matter what policy, they are in compulsion to give cashless because of the tie-ups as otherwise customers might switch either garage or insurance company next time. VW and BA both being fairly big companies, cannot risk to break association over these small matters as it is at the dealers end.
subodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 15:47   #3115
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I would agree. This is just such a great forum. Only becuase of this forum and helpful people I was able to gather some important information which can help me in taking informed decisions.

@Ricky_63 & @Ninjatalli: Thank you so much guys for your advice and suggestions on the Insurance aspect. I checked my currenct insurance and it has a 50% NCB. Then I called up the guy to whom I am selling my car and told him I will not give my insurance. He was fine with it.

After that I call the delearships and ask which Insurance has they tie ups with for Cashless. Both Chd and GGN dealer said that now the tie up is with Bajaj Alliance only. Chd SE quoted 48K for Comprehensive insurance. I called Bajaj Alliance and got a quote of 36K from them for the Comprehensive insurance. Plus I will surrender my insurance and get that 50% NCB certificate and voila hopefully my Insurance should not cost me more than 20K. Considering its a comprensive one plus Pan India Cashless facility I would say its a good deal.

Thank You guys for all your help!!

Waiting desparately to Join the Vento Club.

OT: I will be selling my beloved 7 year old Indica today and the experience has been very unlike TATA. It never stopped in the middle of the road even once and server us rather very very well for the last 7 years.

I am going to Miss Her.


Great Rachit. Glad to be of whatever little help possible. 50% is a lot !! So now you can upgrade your tyres or just keep the saving for something better Also as Ninja said deo go in for the 0% depreciation option - it is well worth it !!




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 21:25   #3116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I Test drove the Vento Highline TDi. The first thing that i noticed once i turned the ignition on, was the grunt of the diesel engine which was quite different than the petrol engine. If this grunt normal as idle and low speeds? Hows does this noise compare to other diesel sedans like the Jetta or the Linea?
I am in the market for a Diesel Sedan.
vikramv1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 23:41   #3117
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 618
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Great Rachit. Glad to be of whatever little help possible. 50% is a lot !! So now you can upgrade your tyres or just keep the saving for something better Also as Ninja said deo go in for the 0% depreciation option - it is well worth it !!




Cheers
Thank You Sir.

I might not upgrade the tyres at this point of time. Will definitely upsize at the time of 1st change. Budget Constraints as I have some other things planned first. But Yes, I am saving for some upgrades.

I am initially considering only the Seat Covers then sun filming and hopefully after 3-4 months an ICE upgrade. I will retain the Head Unit but might change the front 2 speakers and add a Sub. Lets see how things shape up. I am doing quite a bit of reading in the ICE section these days. Something to pass the the time.

If you make any additions please do share....

CHEERS!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 00:02   #3118
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 1,010
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Dear members.
It is al,ost one year of the Vento in the market. Some one might have gone for the Ist service of 15K kms. As it is totally paid service from day one onwards.Please Let you share your experiences of the cost for the service.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 08:38   #3119
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Dear members.
It is al,ost one year of the Vento in the market. Some one might have gone for the Ist service of 15K kms. As it is totally paid service from day one onwards.Please Let you share your experiences of the cost for the service.
I went for Vento service VW Coimbatore. I just completed 6 months in my Vento and reached 15k.

Cost : Rs 8,300

This includes Wheel Balance and Alignment
After service I feel it's like a new car and lot smoother than earlier.

Please let me know if you need any other detail.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 08:43   #3120
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Dear members.
It is al,ost one year of the Vento in the market. Some one might have gone for the Ist service of 15K kms. As it is totally paid service from day one onwards.Please Let you share your experiences of the cost for the service.
@navan49 there are atleast three servicing experiences detailed on this thread - mikon, evilshantanu and subodh (if I remember correctly)

Average costs is coming to around 8k - do a search and you'll get the details. Btw do you own a vento or planning for one?
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks