Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 10:06   #3181
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,195
Thanked: 7,888 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

The seats were supposedly narrow but I find them fine. They are firm rather than soft which is good for the back! I am quite heavily built and have no problems sitting in this car. However as Ninja rightly said, anyone over 5'11" may have a problem especially with visibility.

The comment about India being given short shrift is not supported by fact. Apart from the cosmetic differences (smoked headlamps, white MID, black interiors etc.) and maybe an additional engine option (1.4) this is the exact same car as the South Africa or Russia spec Polo sedan!

Edit:
: Dudes, please plan the Vento meet on Sunday 30th morning somewhere closer to the city centre. I am in Bangalore then and woud love to be part of it!

Last edited by noopster : 7th October 2011 at 10:07.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 17:14   #3182
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Has any Vento owner found the clutch making a noise when depressed ? There is also a slight pulsating feel...

My car has this from the moment I drove out of the showroom. The Showroom Executive said that was "normal" all cars have it - but I did not believe it, so finally had it looked at today.

There is a problem with some cars & VW has apparently already found the culprit & the cure.

So my car will be getting a replacement of the fluid line, and a newly designed bracket from VW to hold the pipe in place..

Will be putting up details on my ownership thread - once it is done
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 18:25   #3183
BHPian
 
plain.vanilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palakkad KL-9
Posts: 51
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There is a problem with some cars & VW has apparently already found the culprit & the cure.

So my car will be getting a replacement of the fluid line, and a newly designed bracket from VW to hold the pipe in place..
There is a slight vibration in the clutch but I did not think that was a problem as I have also felt the same kind of vibration in our diesel Laura. Our Laura's clutch assembly had to be changed last year and Skoda execs had told us to not ride the clutch when driving as it was a common problem that lead to failure of the assembly in the long run.

I try not to ride the clutch on the Vento but if VW has a solution to this problem I am all ears and would be willing to get it implemented in my car.
plain.vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 18:33   #3184
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
There is a slight vibration in the clutch but I did not think that was a problem as I have also felt the same kind of vibration in our diesel Laura. Our Laura's clutch assembly had to be changed last year and Skoda execs had told us to not ride the clutch when driving as it was a common problem that lead to failure of the assembly in the long run.

I try not to ride the clutch on the Vento but if VW has a solution to this problem I am all ears and would be willing to get it implemented in my car.


A slight vibration in the clutch pedal is not what the problem is. It is during gear shift when one depresses the clutch, there is a fairly loud noise (cannot really define it) one feels a pulsating in the foot & a noise.

Obviously one is NOT supposed to rest one's foot on the clutch while driving. That is something I have never done. The clutch on my Octavia was perfect & was stock till I sold it with 56k on the odo.

As for the problem - check with your dealer workshop & see if the car at all has that problem...




Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 20:01   #3185
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Has any Vento owner found the clutch making a noise when depressed ? There is also a slight pulsating feel...

My car has this from the moment I drove out of the showroom. The Showroom Executive said that was "normal" all cars have it - but I did not believe it, so finally had it looked at today.
There is a problem with some cars & VW has apparently already found the culprit & the cure.
So my car will be getting a replacement of the fluid line, and a newly designed bracket from VW to hold the pipe in place..
Will be putting up details on my ownership thread - once it is done
While there is no noise in the clutch , the mild vibration can be felt . I would be keeping an eye on your thread for updates on the VW cure . If the mild vibration can be cured to zero vibration , nothing like it .
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 20:37   #3186
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
While there is no noise in the clutch , the mild vibration can be felt . I would be keeping an eye on your thread for updates on the VW cure . If the mild vibration can be cured to zero vibration , nothing like it .
I did not post this to alarm all of you Vento owners The clutch, for that matter in most / any car with a diesel and a MT will have a slight vibration. What I experienced was way over normal.

Remember I have been used to MT Diesels for over a decade or more. So I know the normal feel vs an abnormal feel.

Aakhir experience bhi koi cheez hai


Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 18:54   #3187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 19:09   #3188
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.
Congratulations Prabhu! So finally the car has arrived. I have been following your decision making process and really happy for you. So the black chariot is ready to welcome to the new arrival in a few months!

Ignore the MID reading (on FE) for a while, and enjoy the car. Try beating Ninja's record in completing 1K kms
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 19:09   #3189
Senior - BHPian
 
MaserQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Congrats prabhuferrari. Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
MaserQ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 19:22   #3190
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.
Congratulations Prabhu, at last you have got your priced possession. Please do share here your initial impressions & lots of pictures, till the time you start your ownership thread.

Happy mile crunching.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 19:27   #3191
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,798
Thanked: 10,705 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today.
Congrats on your prized possession. Clean and simple in design is that puts Vento above the rest!
i don't own a Vento but have from from the same stable!

Drive safe & Happy mile crunching!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 20:16   #3192
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 732
Thanked: 352 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.
Congratulations, Prabhu! Would love to see the black Vento in pics. Please get your ownership thread up quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
Congratulations to you, MaserQ! What colour have you chosen?
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 20:21   #3193
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.
Prabhu , a very big welcome to the club - look forward to your ownership thread. Are you keeping your stock tyres?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Congrats prabhuferrari. Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
Which colour ? Which Vento ? Please get the PDi right . All the best !
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 20:22   #3194
Senior - BHPian
 
Ricky_63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,818
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today. 12 kmpl on Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. It was a very smooth drive. More in ownership thread soon.

Thanks to team bhp and all you Vento owners. You all rock.

Prabhu ji Congratulations are in order, and I thought you already had one
Have miles of fun with the torque machine. What color did you go for ? Pics ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Congrats prabhuferrari. Looks like we have an ever growing Vento presence here on t-bhp. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.

congrats to you too though you are still to join the club, look forward to the ever growing tribe of Ventos on the forum !!



Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 20:36   #3195
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Alright. Latest kid on the block? Yes, I got the Vento today.
Finally the Black Beauty arrives. Congratulations! I expect a lot of beautiful photos on your thread - that is one photogenic color if there ever was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Ignore the MID reading (on FE) for a while, and enjoy the car. Try beating Ninja's record in completing 1K kms
It ain't a race mate Plus remember I got a 3k+ trip coming up this month end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
. I too would be joining the club next week. Look forward to sharing my experience.
Wonderful. Do approach any of us if you need any help in PDI, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
. . .
@Prabhu, @Ricky, @MaserQ - while you guys enjoy your cars, please do not fail to have the tire(s) pressure checked up asap!

I did mine today, after a period of 2 weeks & 1400 kms - the air pressure in all four tires was between 42 - 45!!! Even though I had read about this in @noopster & others' threads, I forgot to do this earlier.

OT : Whom does VW assume will be driving their cars? Hippos?
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks