Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 18:44   #3841
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I went to the VW showroom today to drop my car for check-up and following is what I understood from the sales advisor on this offer. The following was offered for TDI HL as my colleague was looking for one, please note petrol variants might carry additional discounts

- All models are 2011 manufactured cars
- Flat 35k off on the OTR price
- 15k worth of accessories free
- corporate discount of 16k if applicable

Almost all colours are available for immediate delivery in chennai including shadow blue, but it depends on the stock availability. I personally felt we can negotiate on atleast another 10-15k off on the OTR price. VW has shipped these cars to various dealers last week and hence these advt's.

With a price increase speculated and road tax for the diesel cars supposed to go up in the budget, I feel this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who has zeroed in only on the vento.

If anyone needs a reference or any other details, please let me know. The SA whom I spoke with today was extremely nice (for a change) and professional.



Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So anybody yet knows about the details of this offer on the Vento?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
Saw this in TOI Hyd as well. Anyone knows about the details ?
bala80 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 22:18   #3842
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
- All models are 2011 manufactured cars
- Flat 35k off on the OTR price
- 15k worth of accessories free
- corporate discount of 16k if applicable
Any ideas what these free accessories are? I am anyways most probably going to the dealer tomorrow to see the car. Hey one more thing. I have not recently kept myself updated with the Vento. Can you tell me what all stuff was added exactly in the last update they did on the Vento TDI HL? Or was it only on the Petrol variants?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Also to all DELHI Vento owners: Which is the best dealer in Delhi in case I decide to go for the vento? Right now I would be dealing with the VW Delhi west I guess which is in Moti Nagar.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 22:33   #3843
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I have always had a reasonably good experience with VW Delhi South
Abhinav.Daos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 22:39   #3844
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 901
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Can anyone elaborate the expenses for 1st Warranty service of VENTO Petrol Automatic?
I have booked my service with TORNADO MOTORS at Andheri in Mumbai and they indicated Rs 9000/- approx. I wonder what for. Oil & Filter change works out to Rs 4000/- roughly. What are they charging the extra 5K for?
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 23:23   #3845
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

You can opt for any accessories from the list available with the dealer for 15k. Typical one's would include sun films, mats, mud flaps, door sills, seat covers etc. TDI HL gained the reverse parking sensors, new HU with USB capability, Steering mounted audio controls, leather wrapped steering in the last update and missed out on the interior surveillance system of the pre-refresh vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any ideas what these free accessories are? I am anyways most probably going to the dealer tomorrow to see the car. Hey one more thing. I have not recently kept myself updated with the Vento. Can you tell me what all stuff was added exactly in the last update they did on the Vento TDI HL? Or was it only on the Petrol variants?
Some more observations from my interaction with the SA today

- Fuel filter change was adviced for only some specific batch of VIN's for suspected fuel leakage problem
- Underbody of the vento is fairly well protected, but its a thick sheet of fiber rather than a metal. Mine had quite lot of scratches, but no major damage, looks fairly robust. I have put up a picture below.
- There were some discussions on the airbag deployment in the earlier pages, attached a couple of photos of front damage and deployed airbags in a polo. Please note the area of damage and also note the thick and sturdy bar protecting the radiator.

Excuse the quality of photo's as these were taken from my phone cam.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-underbody.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-polo-front-collision.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-airbag-deployment.jpg  

bala80 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 23:28   #3846
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I went to the VW showroom today to drop my car for check-up and following is what I understood from the sales advisor on this offer. The following was offered for TDI HL as my colleague was looking for one, please note petrol variants might carry additional discounts

- All models are 2011 manufactured cars
- Flat 35k off on the OTR price
- 15k worth of accessories free
- corporate discount of 16k if applicable

Almost all colours are available for immediate delivery in chennai including shadow blue, but it depends on the stock availability. I personally felt we can negotiate on atleast another 10-15k off on the OTR price. VW has shipped these cars to various dealers last week and hence these advt's.

With a price increase speculated and road tax for the diesel cars supposed to go up in the budget, I feel this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who has zeroed in only on the vento.

If anyone needs a reference or any other details, please let me know. The SA whom I spoke with today was extremely nice (for a change) and professional.
Bala, is it possible, by any chance, that you ask what are exact differences between 2011 Vento and 2012 Vento? I approached two dealerships in Pune, but either VW hasn't let them know anything, or the dealers are being extremely secretive; which is fishy for me either way. Why is VW so desperate to clear the 2011 stock that they are holding back the sells for new stock? Many dealers have only one or two colors available, so they are only accepting bookings from those who want other colors and giving expected delivery date after 1.5-2 months (that means no actual sell within this period).

Anyway, this is all I could extract about upcoming upgrades in 2012 Vento:

Vento Diesel & Petrol TL
Parking sensors

Vento Petrol HL
All the upgrades Vento Diesel got in September 2011 (RCD Music System with USB & Auxiliary input, Steering mounted controls, etc)

Vento Diesel HL
Company fitted Leatherette seat covers (possibly leather upholstery), still NO Bluetooth

The reason I feel they are being secretive is because when I bugged the SA for more details, he said "We haven't been notified about the exact details, this is all tentative". They still don't know the updated prices, nor do they know when will the dealing start for the new stock. According to the other dealership, there aren't going to be any changes at all!


I want to buy a TDI HL. The SA called me today and told me the color I opted for will be available within 2-3 days, from 2011 stock (Nov-Dec production). If leather seats is all the new Vento is getting, I'd definitely go for the current offer and buy one right away. But this is the first ever car for us, and I don't want to look stupid after a month if new Vento comes out with substantial changes in the looks or engine refinement, making me feel "Damn! Why didn't I wait for a couple of weeks?!"

Last edited by Equidae : 18th January 2012 at 23:55. Reason: typo
Equidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 23:35   #3847
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 424 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Can anyone elaborate the expenses for 1st Warranty service of VENTO Petrol Automatic?
I have booked my service with TORNADO MOTORS at Andheri in Mumbai and they indicated Rs 9000/- approx. I wonder what for. Oil & Filter change works out to Rs 4000/- roughly. What are they charging the extra 5K for?
The Engine oil change is itself nearly 5K , 5 lts of Castrol @ 975/ lt - rest are other consumables and labour . There are quite a few experiences posted on the forum by Vento owners , would give you a fair idea .

P.S - Vento has only paid service , there is no warranty service
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 23:43   #3848
BHPian
 
President's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FIATFUL Mumbai
Posts: 901
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The Engine oil change is itself nearly 5K , 5 lts of Castrol @ 975/ lt - rest are other consumables and labour . There are quite a few experiences posted on the forum by Vento owners , would give you a fair idea .

P.S - Vento has only paid service , there is no warranty service
Thanks for the info.
However, I am going to the authorised VW workshop so that the car gets a warranty cover if need be, under any future eventualities. If I do not follow the so-called paid service schedule may be VW may not support warranty.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 01:04   #3849
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equidae View Post
...


I want to buy a TDI HL. The SA called me today and told me the color I opted for will be available within 2-3 days, from 2011 stock (Nov-Dec production). If leather seats is all the new Vento is getting, I'd definitely go for the current offer and buy one right away. But this is the first ever car for us, and I don't want to look stupid after a month if new Vento comes out with substantial changes in the looks or engine refinement, making me feel "Damn! Why didn't I wait for a couple of weeks?!"
I checked with two dealers in Bangalore, last week, about TDI HL. One dealer told me that there are no changes in 2012 model and that the price increase would be around 3%. Another told me that the only changes would be leather seats. He also mentioned a price increase of Rs. 64,000 (from Rs. 12.04 L to Rs. 12.68 L). Only 3 or 4 colours are available.
skaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 15:44   #3850
BHPian
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 162
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
There were some discussions on the airbag deployment in the earlier pages, attached a couple of photos of front damage and deployed airbags in a polo. Please note the area of damage and also note the thick and sturdy bar protecting the radiator.

Excuse the quality of photo's as these were taken from my phone cam.
That's definitely bad. Looks like a perfect head on. Mine was impacted only on driver side. The passenger side front fenders dint not even have a scratch.

BTW as an update - They opened up the car and i got to see it. Am happy about the minimal damage. Following are the replacements currently

- Bonnet
- Bumper
- Driver side fender (LH)
- Radiator and hose
- Driver Side HL assembly (LH)
- Diesel Fuel Filter (the on i had marked in the pictures some time back)
- Windshield wash container + hose (its all plastic)

The last 2 are placed right behind the driver side HL assembly and hence the impact.

No visible damage to chassis. Full confirmation will be done post modeling with new parts. Currently the car is waiting for parts to arrive. Is been a week since but they did say it would take 8 to 10 days. Tentatively the parts should arrive in the weekend. Also the SA was clear that they would have to do test runs to ensure that nothing else is damaged before they hand over the car. So I continue to stay with my fingers crossed and prayer in the lips . But VW repairs are quiet expensive I must say.

OT @ Bala, Which service station was this. Abra or Sundram

Last edited by SR-71 : 19th January 2012 at 16:04.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:26   #3851
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,166
Thanked: 2,934 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Ok I went to the Dealer today and checked out the offer on the Vento TDI HL. They are currently offering 40k cash discount and an additional 15k corporate discount. The cash discount according to the SA is on the ex-showroom price which I doubt and I feel they will later end up saying that its on the OTR price. Anyways You can always get it in writing at the time of booking. I mentioned to him about the free accessories but he declined that.
The colours available with them are White, black, silver and beige.

Also more interestingly he told me that the new pricing for 2012 manufactured cars has increased by 25000 Rs. He didn't have a new price list but said that this will be the new billing price if I choose to book a 2012 made car. And there are no additional features in the 2012 car although he may not have the correct info or may have lied to me.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:32   #3852
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,715
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Ok I went to the Dealer today and checked out the offer on the Vento TDI HL. They are currently offering 40k cash discount and an additional 15k corporate discount. The cash discount according to the SA is on the ex-showroom price which I doubt and I feel they will later end up saying that its on the OTR price. Anyways You can always get it in writing at the time of booking. I mentioned to him about the free accessories but he declined that.
The colours available with them are White, black, silver and beige.

Also more interestingly he told me that the new pricing for 2012 manufactured cars has increased by 25000 Rs. He didn't have a new price list but said that this will be the new billing price if I choose to book a 2012 made car. And there are no additional features in the 2012 car although he may not have the correct info or may have lied to me.

Here are further details (thanks to RavenAvi)

Polo :-

15000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesels,
25000 + Corporate Discounts on the Petrols.

Vento :-

30000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesel Trendline,
35000 + Corporate Discount on the Diesel Highline,
40000 + Corporate Discount on the Petrol Trendline,
50000 + Corporate Discount on the Petrol Highline.

All offers on existing 2011 stocks only.

Choice of colors depending on availability at dealer level only.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:33   #3853
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

@Equidae - The only reason these are sold at discounts is because of the manufacturing year 2011, otherwise I have no idea if there is going to be a 2012 vento. Knowing VW, I dont expect any major changes, so I personally feel its a safer bet for you to go for the current one.

Even if additional features are added, they will come at a increased price and will not be worthy enough for the quantum of increase, atleast thats how VW have been playing their cards so far.

If I were in your position, I wouldnt hesitate much. Especially with shadow blue available off the shelf. (I booked my car when this color wasn't released and have been repenting ever since!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equidae View Post
Bala, is it possible, by any chance, that you ask what are exact differences between 2011 Vento and 2012 Vento?
@SR-71 - Thats some good news and I hope you get your car back as soon as possible. I went to Sundaram, firstly because its near to my place and secondly they seem to be having better review's compared to Abra. Their sales team is infinitely better than the one's in Abra for sure. I heard VW sent out a notice to the dealers to give customer's a 5k discount for the missing chrome bits/leather grip etc in the pre-refresh vento, the SA in sundaram was telling me this when I enquired if I can source those steering inserts seperately. Salesmen in Abra motors were just a bunch of crooks, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
OT @ Bala, Which service station was this. Abra or Sundram

Last edited by bala80 : 19th January 2012 at 16:35.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:39   #3854
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,111
Thanked: 16,548 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Ok I went to the Dealer today and checked out the offer on the Vento TDI HL. They are currently offering 40k cash discount and an additional 15k corporate discount. The cash discount according to the SA is on the ex-showroom price which I doubt and I feel they will later end up saying that its on the OTR price. Anyways You can always get it in writing at the time of booking. I mentioned to him about the free accessories but he declined that.
The colours available with them are White, black, silver and beige.

Also more interestingly he told me that the new pricing for 2012 manufactured cars has increased by 25000 Rs. He didn't have a new price list but said that this will be the new billing price if I choose to book a 2012 made car. And there are no additional features in the 2012 car although he may not have the correct info or may have lied to me.
I talked to them this morning as well, and they are willing to give in writing that the discounts are on ex-showroom prices, and not on OTR pricings. They offered Corporate Discounts of upto 20,000 as well, but didn't offer any free accessories either.

My dealers said they haven't received any 2012 price lists yet, but they thought there will definitely be a price increase by the last week of January. Could be a bluff for pushing sales. Also, facelifts are not scheduled at least until mid-2012, according to them.

I leave tomorrow night to check the deals out in person. Will post with complete details once I get back.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2012, 16:54   #3855
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 744
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Just have an incredible experience in my Vento TDI. Just last weekend I drove from Hyd to Bangalore and back on the NH-7. It was an amazing drive of 550 kms each way. From Hyd airport to Bangalore airport I was able to do in 5 hrs including total of 15 mins break in between. The highway is superb and the Vento handled it in style. I just cruised at a steady 120 kph in ease and occasionally pushing to 130. Anyway the incredible part was on the return journey. It was between Gooty and Anantpur. I was doing my usual text-book 120 kph on an empty NH7 in the afternoon on my way to Hyd. A Verna caught up with me and the gentleman driving seemed to be quite quick driving. Of course he was not aggressive or anything of the sort but was dying to overtake. So I obliged by moving over to the left lane. What struck me was that he had probably floored his accelarator and we were running next to each other for about 5 kms when finally I got bored gunned the engine. I had touched 160 kph and I put about 1-2 kms between him and me and was quite shocked to see the speed I had touched and slowed to the usual 120. I think that person lost his appetite for quick driving and later was not seen. I mean he probably took a break and later I carried on and it went on....but hats off to VW 1.6 TDI.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks