Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th May 2012, 21:43   #4366
BHPian

Smile VW Vento TDI(White) 30000 kms (Pune) service report

Hello friends,

Its been over 30k of my VW Vento TDI in Pune now and would like to share the expense cost of my last service and also the till date maintenance cost.

Vehicle bought in - Nov 2010
Colour - White
Total services done at - 1000 kms, 5000 kms, 15000 kms and 30000 kms

Cost of first two services was minimal where I was charged for washing and allignment/balancing. Service cost at 15k was Rs.8275 and Rs.8750 at 30k.

No major spare parts were replaced at the time of inspection except for the suggested changes from VW based on car serial number which they do under warranty at service time free of cost.

This time I also did a thorough inspection of car for under body health and things were pretty intact and well guarded as I found. Since I drive the vehicle a lot around Pune to other states for my personal trips so quite happy with the amount I have spent till date on maintenance considering diesel and also the fact that GC of 168 proved sufficient on most highways in India where I drove the vehicle . Also the car engine is getting better with each kilometer.

Well done VW

Happy and Safe Driving,
Nikesh
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 01:30   #4367
BHPian

Exclamation Re: VW Vento TDI(White) 30000 kms (Pune) service report

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hello friends,

Its been over 30k of my VW Vento TDI in Pune now and would like to share the expense cost of my last service and also the till date maintenance cost.

Vehicle bought in - Nov 2010
Colour - White
Total services done at - 1000 kms, 5000 kms, 15000 kms and 30000 kms
You say you have services done at 1000, 5000 and then 15000 kms. But doesnt VW's first service happen only at 15000kms? What were the additional 2 services for?
prashant316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 11:42   #4368
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hey friends,
My TDI developed a diesel leak over the weekend. I mean I noticed after I parked it. The odd part was that the leak was happening from somewhere behind the right hand fog light and bumper. Also there was a minor leak somewhere under the engine... I can understand it happening under the engine but front right hand side ahead of the wheel well is a rather odd place. Anyway , I called VW Toll Free at 10-30 pm and they sent out a flatbed truck (car loaded on it by 1 a.m) and got it to the closest VW workshop. Today it is being looked at. Anyone face a similar problem ?
I am really worried about how much I am gonna have to pay cause this is a rather a first time I have encountered such a problem .

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 21st May 2012 at 11:43.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 15:29   #4369

Default Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone else is facing this issue. My rear right door has developed an irritating vibrating noise which becomes apparent at even the slightest of irregularity on the roads. The car has done merely 3K and has had no impact whatsoever.

Thanks
Annibaddh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 17:29   #4370
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento TDI(White) 30000 kms (Pune) service report

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
You say you have services done at 1000, 5000 and then 15000 kms. But doesnt VW's first service happen only at 15000kms? What were the additional 2 services for?
The service at 1k and 5k was just for body wash and general underbody check up I did because had to take the car for a long drive so out of habit I tend to do basic checks before I leave but these were not planned ones.
Old 21st May 2012, 17:52   #4371
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: VW Vento TDI(White) 30000 kms (Pune) service report

Quote:
The service at 1k and 5k was just for body wash and general underbody check up I did because had to take the car for a long drive so out of habit I tend to do basic checks before I leave but these were not planned ones.
oh ok... so not compulsory then. But i must say that its a good habbit that you have for getting your car checked before each long run.
prashant316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 21:29   #4372
BHPian

Has some one seen the 2012 Polo R cup Race car powered by 1.4 TSI? not only the engine is yummy but I think VW is also pitching strongly for "VW Accessories" for the aftermarket. The VW Accessories sticker on the Race car give a hint. And boy... wait for this, the car also shows off the dual beam projector headlamp with inbuilt DRLs (like the passat). Here is the glimpse

Heaven on Earth
Name:  polorcup2012photo14_640x480.jpg
Views: 6819
Size:  100.2 KB

Hopefully this is available as genuine accessory!
newtonMeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 21:39   #4373
Senior - BHPian

Fuel filter replacement. Has it been done on your car?

Fuel leakage was the reason this replacement was done FOC for certain batch of vento's. The technical documents are there in the vento features and quirks thread, take a look.

Ofcourse, I'm not denying it could be some other issue too, but still think the replacement should be covered under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I am really worried about how much I am gonna have to pay cause this is a rather a first time I have encountered such a problem .
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 23:37   #4374
Senior - BHPian

VW Vento thread gets back with a bang from its long slumber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone else is facing this issue. My rear right door has developed an irritating vibrating noise which becomes apparent at even the slightest of irregularity on the roads. The car has done merely 3K and has had no impact whatsoever.

Thanks
Yes many Vento owners have reported this issue and there is no solution for it. You could just wipe the door beading with wet cloth and clean off any dirt and sediments that might be trapped in it. That's the best. The problem is more design related. Fellow bhpian & friend Souravc even had his car door beading changed FOC but still the problem persists.

Try upping the music sound a bit, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Has some one seen the 2012 Polo R cup Race car powered by 1.4 TSI?Heaven on Earth
Attachment 930463

Hopefully this is available as genuine accessory!
2012 Polo R Cup car is one gem of a car. 1.4TSi and those projectors, looks fab. Only if VW headlamp assembly were available an accessories would definitely buy it. But I guess it wont be and the race car wont have projector headlamp but the normal Polo headlamps.
Only the show car had those glitz & glam for paparazzi.

And where has your ownership thread disappeared?
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:09   #4375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Yes many Vento owners have reported this issue and there is no solution for it. You could just wipe the door beading with wet cloth and clean off any dirt and sediments that might be trapped in it. That's the best. The problem is more design related. Fellow bhpian & friend Souravc even had his car door beading changed FOC but still the problem persists.

Try upping the music sound a bit, I guess.

2012 Polo R Cup car is one gem of a car. 1.4TSi and those projectors, looks fab. Only if VW headlamp assembly were available an accessories would definitely buy it. But I guess it wont be and the race car wont have projector headlamp but the normal Polo headlamps.
Only the show car had those glitz & glam for paparazzi.

And where has your ownership thread disappeared?
Thanks el lobo! Hopefully we get to see the headlamps as an accesory
My ownership thread has been moved to assembly line due to quality gate checks required. GTO is guiding me there. Hopefully it will be delivered this week.
I needed help on the swirls my blue wind is developing. U have a solution? Swirlx?
newtonMeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 09:26   #4376
BHPian

Angry Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hey friends,
My TDI developed a diesel leak over the weekend. I mean I noticed after I parked it. The odd part was that the leak was happening from somewhere behind the right hand fog light and bumper. Also there was a minor leak somewhere under the engine... I can understand it happening under the engine but front right hand side ahead of the wheel well is a rather odd place. Anyway , I called VW Toll Free at 10-30 pm and they sent out a flatbed truck (car loaded on it by 1 a.m) and got it to the closest VW workshop. Today it is being looked at. Anyone face a similar problem ?
Hi Ambi,

So what were the findings by VW experts? Its sad but I know of may VW vento shipped to BU bhandari in last few months reporting issues of lekeage on which I was being told that its because of lekeage from oil chamber because the car would have been pushed hard against any odd speedbreaker or, big pothole causing the damage. Another car was being repaired last month for lekeage from petrol/diesel tank again because of improper drives on bad surfaces. All in all, engineer told me it wasnt design flaw but the way you use the car on bad patches. There is sufficient cover from botton which I myself saw in last service during underbody checkup but still it depends on teh magnitude of impact.

Hope yours wasnt major.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:00   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Fuel leakage was the reason this replacement was done FOC for certain batch of vento's. The technical documents are there in the vento features and quirks thread, take a look.

Ofcourse, I'm not denying it could be some other issue too, but still think the replacement should be covered under warranty.
Yes it is a fuel filter issue and as per the service advisor it is a one off case and he has to get approval from VW to make the replacement. He has not yet told me the cost and did mention that it was a warranty issue. So I think it would be most likely a free replacement under warranty. I will just have to pay for the labor charges. I do hope that it the case. Will keep the forum updated though. One more thing is that this particular Hyd workshop is really lousy as I had to call that chap every 2 hrs to check on the progress he never rang back. Anyway more on the service experience later.

Quote:
Hi Ambi,

So what were the findings by VW experts? Its sad but I know of may VW vento shipped to BU bhandari in last few months reporting issues of lekeage on which I was being told that its because of lekeage from oil chamber because the car would have been pushed hard against any odd speedbreaker or, big pothole causing the damage. Another car was being repaired last month for lekeage from petrol/diesel tank again because of improper drives on bad surfaces. All in all, engineer told me it wasnt design flaw but the way you use the car on bad patches. There is sufficient cover from botton which I myself saw in last service during underbody checkup but still it depends on teh magnitude of impact.

Hope yours wasnt major.
Nikesh, honestly I had no impact / thud/bump as such. Maybe it was the stray stone hitting somewhere as there are lots of those on the daily path I take to office here in Hyderabad.
Also the leakage is not really near the tank. The major leakage was near the right wheel well almost from behind the bumper. Some part of it under the engine but that was quite small albeit there. And guess what it started quite suddenly. I mean it wasn't there earlier. Well I will keep you posted on the "expert" opinion.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2012 at 18:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:05   #4378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

My car has noise coming out of the doors , it has been worked 4 times so far by Abra Motors, Chennai and still no respite. The fix done last time lasted for 4 weeks after which the noise has come back. The moment the car goes over potholes, I get the 'thak' noise.
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 09:48   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

The replacement has been done under warranty. Just got the car back from VW Hyderabad. So it was basically some filter which was charged for the rest of the leaking pipes were replaced free of cost. So totally it cost me about 1300 in all. Quite OK considering I was losing precious diesel. The car was washed and returned. So the VW towing service is free. I was kind of worried since this was the first time any of my cars were towed away on a flat bed at midnight. But all said and one its done and I am relieved.
Old 24th May 2012, 12:20   #4380
BHPian

Looks like there is new feature update in Vento highline with Auto Climate control related to it's functioning.
earlier when A/C is in auto mode and if you try to put internal air circulation function also on, the Auto mode used to go off.
now after some official coding update you can have these 2 functions run together.

Check your dealerships for the update.

Last edited by Nicky : 24th May 2012 at 12:23.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote