BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

my ownership thread is live now (again)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vento-tdi.html
newtonMeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 15:20   #4427
BHPian

Considering some floor mats - 3D Kagu seem to be very popular on TBHP - and they look premium too, usually see that they are priced around Rs. 4,000 but here I found them for around 2,500 are theses original or is there some catch or just a good bargain, please help

Buy 3D UNIVERSAL 555 REGULAR KAGU Online in India at Rs.2831 as on 22-Apr-2012 | CarDekho Accessories Store

Buy UNIVERSAL CAR FLOOR MAT 3D Online in India at Rs.2990 as on 22-Apr-2012 | CarDekho Accessories Store

Buy 3D UNIVERSAL 666 MAXPIDER KAGU Online in India at Rs.2831 as on 22-Apr-2012 | CarDekho Accessories Store
madnish30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 15:41   #4428

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Considering some floor mats - 3D Kagu seem to be very popular on TBHP - and they look premium too, usually see that they are priced around Rs. 4,000 but here I found them for around 2,500 are theses original or is there some catch or just a good bargain, please help

Buy 3D UNIVERSAL 555 REGULAR KAGU Online in India at Rs.2831 as on 22-Apr-2012 | CarDekho Accessories Store

Buy UNIVERSAL CAR FLOOR MAT 3D Online in India at Rs.2990 as on 22-Apr-2012 | CarDekho Accessories Store

Buy 3D UNIVERSAL 666 MAXPIDER KAGU Online in India at Rs.2831 as on 22-Apr-2012 | CarDekho Accessories Store

those are UNIVERSAL kagu mats, fits all cars, NOT custom made for each model
aaja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 16:20   #4429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaja45 View Post
those are UNIVERSAL kagu mats, fits all cars, NOT custom made for each model

Oh, did not notice that! One should only get custom made 3D mats as their fit is awesome! Only if I knew where to get them in Delhi and if they were not so expensive - always wonder if they are worth the price!
Old 28th May 2012, 17:08   #4430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, did not notice that! One should only get custom made 3D mats as their fit is awesome! Only if I knew where to get them in Delhi and if they were not so expensive - always wonder if they are worth the price!
You can buy them from hot tracks. They can ship it to you in Delhi. Google for Hot Tracks (It is based out of Bangalore). You can get customised mats for your Vento.
joslicx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 17:43   #4431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashv View Post

1. MID sometimes shows 85kmpl and 35kmpl during 1500-1800 rpm on highway is it really accurate?
I have the below problem for last 1-2 months (for which as a fix - there was a ECU remap done). The MID hovers very rapidly (more than what I have been seeing since I bought it in Dec 2010) and doesn't seem to return the correct average. Somehow I have the feeling that the MID mileage was calculated for every 100 meters ?? However now I think it is being done for every few meters or so. All this started suddenly (after driving 20K odd kms).

Now the mileage is there but the average calculation remains slightly dubious.
Guess, I will need to check in the next few days.
polopm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 19:42   #4432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
I have the below problem for last 1-2 months (for which as a fix - there was a ECU remap done). The MID hovers very rapidly (more than what I have been seeing since I bought it in Dec 2010) and doesn't seem to return the correct average. Somehow I have the feeling that the MID mileage was calculated for every 100 meters ?? However now I think it is being done for every few meters or so. All this started suddenly (after driving 20K odd kms).

Now the mileage is there but the average calculation remains slightly dubious.
Guess, I will need to check in the next few days.
The MID average is re-calculated every 200 m . Why don't you switch to the MID2 average and check the average and compare it to a manual tank-to-tank average. That would help you figure out whether there is any problem with the gauge or is it a faulty display.

If I am not mistaken MID2 gets reset every 2000 km ( while MID1 gets reset when the ignition is switched off for a couple of hours ) so you would have to time your average accordingly.
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 20:35   #4433
BHPian

I had taken Vento(TDI H/L) for a weekend drive and is 4K now in two months. Some queries i have:

1.At speeds of around 100 slight vibration is felt and can be noticed on the steering wheel. The vibration vanishes on crossing speeds around 120. Is it normal?

2.When the vehicle is stationary, while rotating the steering wheel the last bit felt really hard and takes quite an effort. Is this expected?

Had been driving Optra/Figo/Innova and found some significant plus in Vento.

1.FE comparable with Figo.
2.GC better than Optra and Figo.
3.Much more powerful than Innova, though slightly less drivable.
4.Comfortable for 4 people+ a kid, Optra could carry 5 with ease.
PrideRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 23:13   #4434
BHPian

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new petrol sedan. VW is offering a tempting deal on the 2011 Vento - Rs. 8.2L on road in Delhi for the Highline. The car is Jun'11 mfg.

Is this a good deal? Additional freebies include:
- zero cash servicing for 2 years (including consumables e.g. Engine Oil)
- Leatherette seat covers
- Teflon coating
- mud flaps, floor mats etc.

The 2012 model petrol Highline will be Rs. 10L on road when it launches. The differences between the 2 models seem marginal - I am now inclined toward the 2011 car.

Do you folks think that the 2011 option is a good one? Anything I should be wary off?

Thanks
Carmageddon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 00:22   #4435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new petrol sedan. VW is offering a tempting deal on the 2011 Vento - Rs. 8.2L on road in Delhi for the Highline. The car is Jun'11 mfg.

- Teflon coating

The 2012 model petrol Highline will be Rs. 10L on road when it launches. The differences between the 2 models seem marginal - I am now inclined toward the 2011 car.

Do you folks think that the 2011 option is a good one? Anything I should be wary off?

Thanks
I personally would not buy a car which has been in the stockyard for over a year. Being in the stockyard means it has not been run at all or not more than say 10kms a month.

This means:
  • Battery dead
  • Hard tyres
  • Faded paint
  • Stinky interiors
  • Wear and tear
  • Possibly dents and scratches because it has been decorating the lot for so long!
  • Resale value
  • Pre-refresh model
The discount indeed is impressive close to 1 lac cash down if this is MT and it's 1.5 lacs if it is AT.

No the OTR on road for MT HL Vento Petrol is 9.9L plus they have lots of schemes - I got a quote of 10.3L for a AT Vento Petrol, certainly MT will be cheaper.

If you find the discount too hard to resist then I suggest ask the dealer to take you to the stockyard and test drive plus examine the car - if it's fine then push for further discounts maybe 20k more!

BTW which dealer?
Old 29th May 2012, 05:35   #4436
BHPian

Thanks Madnish30! This was a very helpful post.

The dealer is Bhasin Motors, South Ex
Old 29th May 2012, 10:46   #4437
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

- Teflon coating

Thanks
Quote:
I personally would not buy a car which has been in the stockyard for over a year. Being in the stockyard means it has not been run at all or not more than say 10kms a month.

This means:
  • Battery dead
  • Hard tyres
  • Faded paint
  • Stinky interiors
  • Wear and tear
  • Possibly dents and scratches because it has been decorating the lot for so long!
  • Resale value
  • Pre-refresh model
The discount indeed is impressive close to 1 lac cash down if this is MT and it's 1.5 lacs if it is AT.

No the OTR on road for MT HL Vento Petrol is 9.9L plus they have lots of schemes - I got a quote of 10.3L for a AT Vento Petrol, certainly MT will be cheaper.

If you find the discount too hard to resist then I suggest ask the dealer to take you to the stockyard and test drive plus examine the car - if it's fine then push for further discounts maybe 20k more!

BTW which dealer?
I would like to mention something if it helps making your decision:
  • Battery dead : It can't be. all the old cars remain in factory and they are checked again before actual dispatch to dealer.
  • Hard tyres : Check the car physically if you really feel this way.
  • Faded paint : paint doesn't fade in a year or so... these things are again checked before car dispatch to dealer from factory. quality checks are really unavoidable even if it's old car.
  • Stinky interiors : one thing is for sure that VW cars interior material quality is of European standards and nobody has complained about smell over the period.
  • Wear and tear : again quality check takes care of it but check the car physically for satisfaction
  • Possibly dents and scratches because it has been decorating the lot for so long! :check the car physically
  • Resale value : this is something to consider based on your savings
  • Pre-refresh model : I think, you are getting lots of savings because of it.
I would certainly advice to buy this car if you are getting such a deal.
Nicky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 11:04   #4438
BHPian

Thanks Nicky, Madnish30...

I will inspect the car and update on my findings. Seems to be a total saving of Rs. 1.3-1.5 L over a 2012 model car (if I count the cost of servicing which is also baked into the deal for 2 years); seems like a good deal!

I plan to keep the car for 4-5 years, in which case the resale value for a petrol car will be peanuts anyhow, irrespective of 2011 or 2012 model.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:26   #4439
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Madnish30! This was a very helpful post.

The dealer is Bhasin Motors, South Ex
I suggest you visit VW Delhi West - he has much better deals on Petrol cars and has newer ones too.

@Nicky: it's your opinion, you are entitled to it - try and visit the stockyard if you really think that what I said is not true - you will realize! Buying a car which has been standing in dirt and heat for one year can not be passed as new!
Old 29th May 2012, 15:52   #4440
BHPian

Quote:
The car is Jun'11 mfg.
As others have said, better being safe than sorry. A minute checking of the car can dispel doubts. Rusting can be also a big issue if its lying in the stockyard.

though, a June'11 car is still lying around ? When will VW manufacture the 2012 petrol Vento at this rate? Sometime in 2013?
samarjitdhar is offline   Reply With Quote