Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 07:24   #4501
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 732
Thanked: 352 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
2) I have driven 35,473 KM as of today (the vehicle was delivered to me on 4th March 2011) and now the tyres look a "little" worn, But I can see the effects on braking hard during rains already. Though the ABS works fantastically, but if there is grime / mud mixed with rain water on the road (slippery roads) the ABS kicks in a lot earlier as it used to kick when the tyres were new
Good that the Acceleres have held up pretty well. Apart from the tire noise, I don't have any other complaints!

Quote:
3) Thinking of getting the headlights upgraded
Let's do it!! We both have been thinking for quite long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Next, to take this car out to the main road there were at least 10 Ventos and Polo's ahead of mine in the small lane that leads to the delivery point. Those who have been to Downtown in Bangalore will know what I am talking about. I asked the SA how he is going to get my car out, and he said that they will juggle the cars around.
When I took the Vento TD at VW Downtown, the workshop size shocked me in addition to the attitude of the staff. They have absolutely no space to service cars properly, with Ventos & Polos selling like hot cakes in those days. I never bothered to go back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
in New vento cars this feature is enabled (manufactured May onwards). In old cars, dealers have been instructed in last one week to activate this feature when car comes for service or repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I dont understand this. As far as I know, when I choose re-circulation and the desired temperature, the blower speed used to be automatically adjusted depending on the ambient temperature. Only when I choose auto, the system toggles between re-circ and fresh air mode, which is how the ACC should work. So, what's new or different/change with this update?
Agree with Bala. This works for me too. You need to start with auto and just press the re-circ button and it continues varying the speed depending on the cabin temperature.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 10:11   #4502
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 270
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Let's do it!! We both have been thinking for quite long.
Please let me know the if you are planning for projector headlights, I'm also looking for one from spyder. But they don't have one for Vento, we may need to get an equivalent one. I'm not sure Jetta/GTI headlight will fit in Vento?

Last edited by noopster : 8th June 2012 at 11:43. Reason: Moved a part of your post to VW Downtown dealership thread
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 11:30   #4503
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post

Let's do it!! We both have been thinking for quite long.
Yeah lets do it, will give you a call today and plan it!
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 11:45   #4504
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,195
Thanked: 7,901 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Mod Note: Moved some posts to the VW Downtown Bangalore dealership thread (Vento Experience at VW Downtown (Elite Motors, Bangalore)) for convenience of our users looking for reviews. Thanks!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 18:10   #4505
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 402 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Update time: Got my Shadow Blue Vento today

Will start work on my ownership thread once the honeymoon is over. Delivery process was smooth. Gods decided to shower their blessings (it was raining in Bangalore all afternoon). I did try to do some PDI before driving out. Everything seems alright so far. Am happy with VW Whitefield now. But no freebies were offered by them, not even a keychain.

More later.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 22:07   #4506
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Update time: Got my Shadow Blue Vento today
Congrats joslicx on the acquisition and enjoy many miles on it. Looking forward to your ownership thread. Since your is new one, did you get the new leatherette seats?

Drive safe. 250NM torque will get you addicted, sooner than later.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 10:58   #4507
BHPian
 
aniket.tiwari27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 178
Thanked: 64 Times
Angry Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

First heartbreak, that too a major one. The first major hit came to my Vista after a year when a Scorpio hit it from behind at the RHS while he was changing lanes and misjudged, but Vento got hurt in less than 3 months (7 days to go for completing 3 months) :(

A biker hit my Vento and the front bumper got damaged with two major cracks and some plastic part hanging. Will go to the service center tomorrow. Want to get it repaired before the Mega-meet.

I was taking a left onto the main road while exiting from the lane from my house. An i10 was coming from the wrong side. I noticed him but this biker came overtaking the i10 on the wrong side and bang!! Since, I was very slow, this entire impact is due to the speed of the bike. Why do people drive wrong side just to save a few hundred meter? They risk their lives and others also. And in such cases, the they blame everything on you because you are in a big car

Here are the snaps. I think the entire bumper would need to be replaced due to the cracks. Lets see..

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120611_100632.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120611_100700.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120611_100719.jpg

I hope, the bumper took all the beating and nothing was damaged inside.

Regards,
Aniket

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 11th June 2012 at 11:27. Reason: Spelling correction.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 11:11   #4508
BHPian
 
samarjitdhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney/Kolkata
Posts: 964
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
First hearbreak, that too a major one ....
Sorry to hear about the incident. If India canceled driving licenses of offenders, the traffic on streets will come down by at least half. That I tell you would be perfect bliss. It does look like your front fender needs to be replaced as its made of fiber and not metal and hence cannot be repaired. However its a pretty sturdy piece so most likely nothing damaged on the inside. From the part list I have says the front fender costs Rs 3412 or around that. Add labor costs to that.
samarjitdhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 11:32   #4509
BHPian
 
aniket.tiwari27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 178
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Sorry to hear about the incident. If India canceled driving licenses of offenders, the traffic on streets will come down by at least half. That I tell you would be perfect bliss. It does look like your front fender needs to be replaced as its made of fiber and not metal and hence cannot be repaired. However its a pretty sturdy piece so most likely nothing damaged on the inside. From the part list I have says the front fender costs Rs 3412 or around that. Add labor costs to that.
Thanks. I did check that part list posted on 15 May 2011 at below link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2352482 (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)

But this is about a year old. Could not find latest version of it anywhere. Could you/anyone route me to the latest version, if available OR upload it here if anyone has it?

Thanks,
Aniket
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 11:36   #4510
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 402 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congrats joslicx on the acquisition and enjoy many miles on it. Looking forward to your ownership thread. Since your is new one, did you get the new leatherette seats?

Drive safe. 250NM torque will get you addicted, sooner than later.
250Nm is your car Rohan. For us petrolwalas it is measly 150 Nm or something like that.

Petrol highline did not get Leatherette seats. Only Diesel did. VW makes some strange decisions really! It would have saved me a big packet as the seats really look good. Now I need to go to Karlsson for leather seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
First hearbreak, that too a major one.
Feel awful for you. I rememberd the first dent in my ex-car that I got within first month itself. I was waiting at the signal and one rickshaw just passed by left side and left a big scratch and a dent on the left door. It was heart wrenching and I never got that repaired for whats the point! Somebody would scratch/dent again. Its frustrating.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 11:58   #4511
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
First heartbreak, that too a major one. The first major hit came to my Vista after a year when a Scorpio hit it from behind at the RHS while he was changing lanes and misjudged, but Vento got hurt in less than 3 months (7 days to go for completing 3 months) :(
Don't worry, the damage isn't much, the engine protection plate will be fixed (I had the exact same damage to the sheet because of trusting a parking lot attendant). Otherwise it cost 3k. The bumper looks repairable. Try to insist on repair. They put some paste to join the cracks and then repaint. A smaller crack in my bumper was fixed this way, from what I can see in the pics it should work for yours too. Changing would cost 3k for bumper + 5k for painting. You'll have to pay 50% on all parts (except painting) and 1500 Processing fees if you dn't have 0 dep.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 12:08   #4512
BHPian
 
aniket.tiwari27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 178
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Don't worry, the damage isn't much, the engine protection plate will be fixed (I had the exact same damage to the sheet because of trusting a parking lot attendant). Otherwise it cost 3k. The bumper looks repairable. Try to insist on repair. They put some paste to join the cracks and then repaint. A smaller crack in my bumper was fixed this way, from what I can see in the pics it should work for yours too. Changing would cost 3k for bumper + 5k for painting. You'll have to pay 50% on all parts (except painting) and 1500 Processing fees if you dn't have 0 dep.
Thanks for the information Abhinav. This will be helpful. I have Zero Dep Insurance.

A quick query, if the bumper is being changed, then why additional 5K for painting? Would'nt they right away put a Blue colored bumper - kind of plug n play task? Remove the old and fix the new.

Regards,
Aniket
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 12:20   #4513
Senior - BHPian
 
F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PUNE
Posts: 1,528
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Thanks for the information Abhinav. This will be helpful. I have Zero Dep Insurance.

A quick query, if the bumper is being changed, then why additional 5K for painting? Would'nt they right away put a Blue colored bumper - kind of plug n play task? Remove the old and fix the new.

Regards,
Aniket
No. Bumper comes unpainted. The workshop paints it as per the color of the car.

You can workout a deal with the dealership once the claim is approved, to get the new bumper painted and ready.

You can use the car in the meanwhile, and once it is ready you can go in for plug n play.

This arragement works if you have good relationship with VASS and workshop manager.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 12:20   #4514
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
A quick query, if the bumper is being changed, then why additional 5K for painting? Would'nt they right away put a Blue colored bumper - kind of plug n play task? Remove the old and fix the new.
Aniket, sorry to hear about the incident. The bumper received at the workshop from factory is a black plastic without any paint onto it. Workshop guys paint it in their paint booth as per the requirement. They do not stock bumpers & metal parts with various colors as it would make lot of inventory.

From the looks of the damage, it does seems repairable. Once my Tata Indica bumper got ripped off from one side, which the workshop guys attached using pins and applied some paste and repainted it. Looked good as new. Ask workshop to repair it first as they will be interested in getting it replaced in first place to make more money. And paint quality wont be same as stock, orange peel effect & what not.

If you claim insurance then you would even lose NCB which accounts for 20% value of premium. Make a wise decision.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 12:33   #4515
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Aniket, sorry to hear about the incident. The bumper received at the workshop from factory is a black plastic without any paint onto it. Workshop guys paint it in their paint booth as per the requirement. They do not stock bumpers & metal parts with various colors as it would make lot of inventory.

From the looks of the damage, it does seems repairable. Once my Tata Indica bumper got ripped off from one side, which the workshop guys attached using pins and applied some paste and repainted it. Looked good as new. Ask workshop to repair it first as they will be interested in getting it replaced in first place to make more money. And paint quality wont be same as stock, orange peel effect & what not.

If you claim insurance then you would even lose NCB which accounts for 20% value of premium. Make a wise decision.
Repairing also would cost atleast a couple grand + painting so he would have to take insurance anyways. In that he should go in for replacement since he has zero dep policy and would only have to to pay processing charges.

Ankit, Keep in mind next year you won't get NCB nor Zero dep insurance if you claim.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks