Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2012, 11:27   #5491
BHPian
 
KINI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: chennai
Posts: 300
Thanked: 101 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
After my last post I went ahead and booked the Vento. A.S.S. was still a question mark. Yet I went on booking it. Now I see a lot of negative comments on the A.S.S. Is it the same all over India? What about ABRA/Sundaram in Chennai?
Congrats!!What colour??When are you taking delivery of the car??

I booked a Shadow Blue TDI HL.Delivery expected in Jan.

For service related info,check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...k-updated.html (VW- Service centre - Chennai - Service Feedback updated)

Last edited by KINI : 14th December 2012 at 11:31.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 12:17   #5492
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 353 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I hope they don't charge 99/- per post on their Facebook page as well.

Please, sir.. don't give them ideas!!

He got a reply from customer care saying that someone will contact him in few days time. Still waiting.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 15:08   #5493
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 985
Thanked: 671 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
If any of you know an official contact id of any VW corporate officials, please PM me the details. Any help is highly appreciated!
Fellow BHP'ian "Karthiksaligram" is working in VW at Bangalore.
You may contact him for any help relating to VW cars.
Even if you're located outside Bangalore, I hope he can reasonably guide you to the right person.

Quote:
Hey guys,
thanks for getting me aboard.i work for VW in bangalore.if you have any queries towards the availability and any issues towards your experience in the vw dealerships in bangalore please do let me know.i will try my level best to help you out on the same.

Last edited by Sommos : 15th December 2012 at 15:11.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 15:52   #5494
BHPian
 
coloneljasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: KL-11
Posts: 671
Thanked: 214 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
He got a reply from customer care saying that someone will contact him in few days time. Still waiting.
Has he spoken to the service head @ VW Thiruvananthapuram? If not, please ask him to do so. AFAIK, he is on sick leave at the moment and should be back in the office sometime during the middle of next week.

I can PM you his number if you like.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 15:54   #5495
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 353 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Fellow BHP'ian "Karthiksaligram" is working in VW at Bangalore.
You may contact him for any help relating to VW cars.
Even if you're located outside Bangalore, I hope he can reasonably guide you to the right person.
Thanks mate, I shall PM him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Has he spoken to the service head @ VW Thiruvananthapuram? If not, please ask him to do so. AFAIK, he is on sick leave at the moment and should be back in the office sometime during the middle of next week.
I can PM you his number if you like.
That would be nice! Thanks, please PM me. No, he hasn't yet spoken to the service head.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 17:34   #5496
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 518
Thanked: 201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter
Need help!

Recently observed that when I switch on the ignition there is a minute hum ( glow plug getting warned up) and then settling. But now the issue is , when I crank the engine the hum returns and is continuous till the engine is running. I compared the same procedure with a black light latest vento 2012, it had absolutely no humming :(
Hum is definitely there, but it goes off with the glow plug. When I crank the engine there is no hum. Please get it checked.
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 18:22   #5497
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 482
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Hum is definitely there, but it goes off with the glow plug. When I crank the engine there is no hum. Please get it checked.
I did a lot of research and the humming is due to the fuel pump motor. The moment you turn the ignition on the fuel motor cranks for 3 seconds to prime the fuel lines. (you could also see it if you keep the bonnet open and turn the key - you would see the fuel lines close to TDI cover moving as the diesel moves through them)

Once you start the engine, the motor is activated permanently.

as this is a electric motor, it has its own humming characteristics. As mine is not perfect, its humming a bit more. I am not sure if VW will listen to my complain and replace it for me.

The motor sits inside the fuel tank below the rear seat.

*all information is with help from the various service modules i downloaded from erwin earlier.
newtonMeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 10:45   #5498
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 93
Thanked: 17 Times
Smile New Vento Highline 1.6 Petrol

Hi,

This is to inform you that I took the delivery of a Volkswagen Vento 1.6 Highline Petrol in Shadow Blue color yesterday. I will be traveling this week and will be back in the new year. I will post an ownership thread then.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar
pnredkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 13:25   #5499
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: New Vento Highline 1.6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Hi,

This is to inform you that I took the delivery of a Volkswagen Vento 1.6 Highline Petrol in Shadow Blue color yesterday. I will be traveling this week and will be back in the new year. I will post an ownership thread then.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar
Second HL Petrol (manual one if thats what you have) on this forum! Congrats.

Shadow Blue must be the most common color here now. It looks to be smash hit.

Enjoy your new vento.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 15:18   #5500
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 482
Thanked: 313 Times
Default

Hi guys.


There are updates for MDI interface if you have ( mostly with rcd 310 upwards)

See link here

http://www.my-gti.com/3148/volkswage...mware-upgrades

Let me know if any one was able to update to latest 240 version ( August 2012)

It's easy to do it via USB

I am not able to do it though
newtonMeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 19:24   #5501
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 93
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Second HL Petrol (manual one if thats what you have) on this forum! Congrats.

Shadow Blue must be the most common color here now. It looks to be smash hit.

Enjoy your new vento.
Thanks for your wishes. Yes, it's a manual transmission. Shadow Blue was my first choice all along. Though, I must admit that the white with the new blackened headlamp tempted me for a while.
pnredkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 20:28   #5502
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Thanks for your wishes. Yes, it's a manual transmission. Shadow Blue was my first choice all along. Though, I must admit that the white with the new blackened headlamp tempted me for a while.
So have you also got the newest features like Jetta's gear knob, leather strapped steering and chrome, leatherette seats, cigrette lighter illumination etc? Some of these were there only in Tdi models earlier. It would be interesting to know if VW is still maintaining the step-motherly treatment to the Petrol community.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 22:36   #5503
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 93
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

So have you also got the newest features like Jetta's gear knob, leather strapped steering and chrome, leatherette seats, cigrette lighter illumination etc? Some of these were there only in Tdi models earlier. It would be interesting to know if VW is still maintaining the step-motherly treatment to the Petrol community.
No, they have fixed that. All the features that you have mentioned are present in the petrol model now. I actually waited for the 2013 model for these features to be introduced. I will attempt to capture photos of these in my review.

The only differences that I see are:
- no gear change indicator
- no engine protection plate
pnredkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 10:42   #5504
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 163
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Congrats!!What colour??When are you taking delivery of the car??

I booked a Shadow Blue TDI HL.Delivery expected in Jan.
Booked a Terra Biege. Delivery expected in Jan.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:14   #5505
BHPian
 
ashtorque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 52
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Went to the VW showroom to check out their 0% finance offer on Vento. Turns out, it's actually 0% on a maximum of 7 lakh loan. It's results in 80k worth of savings when compared to their 7% VW finance interest rate. However it's only available on the Trendline, which no one wants to buy. Its a dull car for 10 lakhs. Also the available colors are white & silver. The sales guy tried to explain why one shouldn't opt airbags and ABS. His argument was that it costs 75k to reinstall airbags. I couldnt stop laughing on his face. It was rude but I just couldn't control.
ashtorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3930 3rd December 2016 15:51
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks