Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
finally pepper grey officially added to vento on the vw website

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...o/colours.html

and also SB to polo

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...o/colours.html
Good to see VW finally woke up and updated their websites. Companies should update their website as soon as they launch a product or a face lift.

Secondly, "Flash Red" color is no longer available in the color palette.
el lobo 6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 22:51   #5837
BHPian

I noticed oil leakage from Front RHS. Its been a couple of days since i noticed this.

This will show u an approx location. Its not too inside.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130306_224824.png
Views: 3347
Size:  400.8 KB

Under the bumper, from where I suspect the leakage is :
Name:  ForumRunner_20130306_224805.png
Views: 3563
Size:  404.0 KB

Have checked the engine oil now and will check it once again tomorrow morning to see if the level decreases.

Any idea what this could be?

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 6th March 2013 at 22:56.
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 20:06   #5838
BHPian

Anybody know of any offers on the Vento in Delhi?
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 12:28   #5839
BHPian

Got my Vento delivered !

Thanks to all bhpians (esp. the vento owners for their pm's and prompt replies which were immensely helpful and GTO's crisp review). Detailed ownership experience and credits will take some more time, as I am in the middle of something (apart from: Live to Drive Vento ).
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 13:44   #5840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I noticed oil leakage from Front RHS. Its been a couple of days since i noticed this.

Have checked the engine oil now and will check it once again tomorrow morning to see if the level decreases.

Any idea what this could be?
Were you able to zero-in on the source of the oil leak? Solution? pl keep us updated. could be of help to fellow Vento owners

Reagrds
ASVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 20:01   #5841
BHPian

I became the latest victim of car symbol thieves today.

Parked my vento a couple of blocks away from my office as the parking spots near my office were all full. Had parked it carefully choosing a good, shaded spot near a residence. When i returned in the evening, I was horrified to see the front and back VW symbols gone!! I am deeply hurt and furious. Nothing much I can do now though.

Would anyone know how much would a new pair of symbols cost at the VW service centre? do the ASC people fit it as well as factory? Is there anyway to make the symbols 'thief-proof'?

Regards
ASVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 20:29   #5842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Good to see VW finally woke up and updated their websites.
Going by their site, I'm a bit confused at the difference the Highline have over the Comfortline; both TDi. Only the petrol Comfortline have the halogen headlights and not the diesel? Would be glad if anyone could help me out on the differences.

And maybe this have been already discussed, but why would Volkswagen not provide the price-list on their site?
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 12:06   #5843
BHPian

Hi guys. I find the stock headlights of my vento insufficient as my vento is driven 90% on highways. I want to upgrade my headlights to 100/90 with relay but scared that i'll loose my warranty. Any suggestions?
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 15:57   #5844
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
My sympathies. Trust me, I feel your pain.

Quote:
Would anyone know how much would a new pair of symbols cost at the VW service centre? do the ASC people fit it as well as factory? Is there anyway to make the symbols 'thief-proof'?
The logos cost 1750/- each (3500/- for a set). VW has no intention of reducing the cost or making the logos theft-proof. Nor do they give free logos to customers as a goodwill gesture. You just have to live with this problem.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 16:07   #5845
BHPian

Quote:

Parked my vento a couple of blocks away from my office as the parking spots near my office were all full. Had parked it carefully choosing a good, shaded spot near a residence. When i returned in the evening, I was horrified to see the front and back VW symbols gone!! I am deeply hurt and furious. Nothing much I can do now though.

Regards
I can feel the pain. Check in ebay.in for volkswagon logos.
You can get cheaper ones there which are glowing. Also confirm that this may not void warrenty if you are connecting a glowinf logo.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 22:19   #5846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Aniket any update, has the problem been resolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Hi guys. I find the stock headlights of my vento insufficient as my vento is driven 90% on highways. I want to upgrade my headlights to 100/90 with relay but scared that i'll loose my warranty. Any suggestions?
I 100% agree with you. Vento/Polo headlight focusing ability is absolutely zilch. I too have upgraded to 100/90 Philips bulb with Roots relay currently. No warranty issues as yet, since I didn't claim any with regards to electronics. Even if someday you need to claim warranty on electrical, you could remove the relay & bulbs in about 30 mins and put in stock 60/55W bulbs.

Try getting either Philips/Hella/Bosch relay kit.

Go through the below link and it will answer most of your doubts.

Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 22:33   #5847
BHPian

Quote:
Aniket any update, has the problem been resolved?

I 100% agree with you. Vento/Polo headlight focusing ability is absolutely zilch. I too have upgraded to 100/90 Philips bulb with Roots relay currently. No warranty issues as yet, since I didn't claim any with regards to electronics. Even if someday you need to claim warranty on electrical, you could remove the relay & bulbs in about 30 mins and put in stock 60/55W bulbs.

Try getting either Philips/Hella/Bosch relay kit.

Go through the below link and it will answer most of your doubts.

Link.

but if i install the bulbs and relay and the car goes for the regular service to the vw workshop then won't they feed into their system that my electrical warranty is void?
One more thing where in navi mumbai or mumbai can i get genuine bosch relay and phillips 100/90w bulbs installed.
I am even thinking about adding auxillary driving lamps one i find a nice place on my car to mount it. mine is a trendline.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:51   #5848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but if i install the bulbs and relay and the car goes for the regular service to the vw workshop then won't they feed into their system that my electrical warranty is void?
No they don't feed anything into the system for the relay & 100/90W bulbs. My car has visited the workshop twice and no problems reported as such. Like I said if later you wish to claim any warranty on electrical, it would be wise to remove the relay & 100/90W bulbs. Secondly since 100/90W generate more heat, the headlamp casing may get blackened over a period of time. Nothing as such with mine.

Quote:
One more thing where in navi mumbai or mumbai can i get genuine bosch relay and phillips 100/90w bulbs installed.
You can get Philips relay, 100/90 bulbs from Philips dealer at Opera House, R.K. Enterprises.
Address: 307,V.P.Road Opera House - 400004
Two Hathi Galli
Phone: 91-22-23825818 23851021/23851022
Email: dschandhok@hotmail.com

I purchased bulbs from him and since he is the distributor, you get the best price. He would also have them installed too.

Quote:
I am even thinking about adding auxillary driving lamps one i find a nice place on my car to mount it. mine is a trendline.
Avoid it. Don't spoil the classy look of Vento. It may be costly but get the original VW fog lamps installed from a VW Workshop. 2 X 55W bulbs should give good illumination.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 23:04   #5849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards
I guess for the front and the back logos , its better to buy from the ASC. For the wheel logo , ebay is a better option
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 23:21   #5850
BHPian

Quote:
No they don't feed anything into the system for the relay & 100/90W bulbs. My car has visited the workshop twice and no problems reported as such. Like I said if later you wish to claim any warranty on electrical, it would be wise to remove the relay & 100/90W bulbs. Secondly since 100/90W generate more heat, the headlamp casing may get blackened over a period of time. Nothing as such with mine.

You can get Philips relay, 100/90 bulbs from Philips dealer at Opera House, R.K. Enterprises.
Address: 307,V.P.Road Opera House - 400004
Two Hathi Galli
Phone: 91-22-23825818 23851021/23851022
Email: dschandhok@hotmail.com

I purchased bulbs from him and since he is the distributor, you get the best price. He would also have them installed too.

Avoid it. Don't spoil the classy look of Vento. It may be costly but get the original VW fog lamps installed from a VW Workshop. 2 X 55W bulbs should give good illumination.
Thank you so much for the information and advice