Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th April 2013, 13:12   #6001
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations KINI. What was the headunit that you got in your Highline? Does it have Park Distance Display and Blueooth or is one of these features missing?
Thanks!!
Mine is the latest version with Bluetooth. No Park Distance Display.Ŀŀ Personally I don't miss it. The sensors are good enough. Wish the side mirrors were "taller" though!!
KINI is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 14:00   #6002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
It is a single most important feature

aside: are upgrades always useful ?
That is questionable. Sometimes upgrades can be retrograde. But in this case a Bluetooth Telephony and Music system is more of an upgrade than loosing out on just the display. Though it would have been nice to have had both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I got a 2013 Comfortline with RCD220 (no bluetooth but USB present)! Was it 310 on earlier Comfortlines? Is there a much difference between the 310 and the 220?
Sorry my bad. The 2013 comfortline comes with RCD 220 and not RCD 310 as quoted by me in my earlier post. I believe the RCD 310 used to come on the earlier 2012 cars. It had USB cable in the glove box but NO SD card support as in RCD 220.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Thanks!!
Mine is the latest version with Bluetooth. No Park Distance Display.Ŀŀ Personally I don't miss it. The sensors are good enough. Wish the side mirrors were "taller" though!!
Exactly. The audible warning is sufficient and I hardly look at the display while parking my Superb. VW has stuck to the bare minimum but it somehow reduces the premium-ness of the vehicle. But on the other hand the addition of in-built Bluetooth is a more useful feature and overall adds a little more than the outgoing model.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 14:29   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. The audible warning is sufficient and I hardly look at the display while parking my Superb. VW has stuck to the bare minimum but it somehow reduces the premium-ness of the vehicle. But on the other hand the addition of in-built Bluetooth is a more useful feature and overall adds a little more than the outgoing model.
If you ask me VW should should have provided anti-glare IRVM and power mirror folding features on the Highline.Ask any VW salesman and he/she would say "That feature is reserved for the Jetta sir."Ridiculous excuse I say!!
KINI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 14:36   #6004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
If you ask me VW should should have provided anti-glare IRVM and power mirror folding features on the Highline.Ask any VW salesman and he/she would say "That feature is reserved for the Jetta sir."Ridiculous excuse I say!!
OMG!! Don't tell me that there is NO anti-glare IRVM? The brochure says there is - "Interior rear view mirror, manual day/night" present in all variants. Or did you mean the External Rear View Mirror? Power folding exterior mirrors were previously reserved for one segment up though the SX4 now has them and even the NEW AMAZE has them in the higher variants.
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 14:41   #6005
BHPian

Quote:
OMG!! Don't tell me that there is NO anti-glare IRVM? The brochure says there is - "Interior rear view mirror, manual day/night" present in all variants. Or did you mean the External Rear View Mirror? Power folding exterior mirrors were previously reserved for one segment up though the SX4 now has them and even the NEW AMAZE has them in the higher variants.
Apologies,I meant auto-anti glare internal RVM.Currently,we have to manually adjust everytime a vehicle from behind blinds us.
The Renault Pulse,Hyundai i20 and the Fluidic Verna have had power folding exterior mirrors for a while.

Last edited by KINI : 13th April 2013 at 14:44.
KINI is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 14:42   #6006
Senior - BHPian

My friend took delivery of his Vento HL 2 days ago. His is a Jan 2013 manufactured car. He has got the RCD 320 has shown above. Along with the car he recd a GPS unit which is linked to the reverse camera via bluetooth [thats what he said] . His car has integrated Bluetooth and the GPS unit also has Bluetooth facility.

One word of caution to all new Vento owners, If you plan to use the Vento Bluetooth, do not pair your phone with the bluetooth GPS unit as the phone gets super confused and ends up pairing with none. Havent had a chance to TD his Vento but shall do so over the weekend and check the reverse parking sensors operation.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 13th April 2013 at 14:43.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 14:58   #6007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
My friend took delivery of his Vento HL 2 days ago. His is a Jan 2013 manufactured car. He has got the RCD 320 has shown above. Along with the car he recd a GPS unit which is linked to the reverse camera via bluetooth [thats what he said] . His car has integrated Bluetooth and the GPS unit also has Bluetooth facility.
I believe the RCD 320 units with inbuilt bluetooth has been introduced in the highline variants post February 2013 and the Garmin GPS unit with inbuilt camera has since been discontinued as a factory fitted option and relegated to a Dealer Fitted option.
Old 13th April 2013, 15:04   #6008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe the RCD 320 units with inbuilt bluetooth has been introduced in the highline variants post February 2013 and the Garmin GPS unit with inbuilt camera has since been discontinued as a factory fitted option and relegated to a Dealer Fitted option.
Not entirely sure on that. But as per his VIN decoded from Wildon's thread as well as the papers its clear his is a Jan 2013 made car. And his car has the RCD320 with inbuilt bluetooth as well as the Garmin GPS unit. The unit is quite impressive and well loaded with various POI's as well as all VW sales & service center locations.
Old 13th April 2013, 15:14   #6009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not entirely sure on that.
As per the brochure available on the website here - http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa..._ebrochure.pdf which is dated Feb 2013, there is no mention of the GPS device. While the brochure that was handed to me in the showroom was dated September 2012 and that had the device officially mentioned in it. The dealer informed me that after the Feb 2013 models, VW has since changed this GPS device to be dealer fitted as a optional at extra cost. But I really cannot be sure of the stories that these sales guys throw at us, so need to confirm this further.
Old 13th April 2013, 15:24   #6010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the brochure available on the website here - http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa..._ebrochure.pdf which is dated Feb 2013, there is no mention of the GPS device. While the brochure that was handed to me in the showroom was dated September 2012 and that had the device officially mentioned in it. The dealer informed me that after the Feb 2013 models, VW has since changed this GPS device to be dealer fitted as a optional at extra cost. But I really cannot be sure of the stories that these sales guys throw at us, so need to confirm this further.
Exactly. There is a fair possibility that the dealer gave him the GPS device as an extra freebie. But he remembers clearly that the SP at the dealership had showed him the GPS unit the first time he walked into the showroom to check out the Vento. And the SP had also pointed that earlier models of Vento came with external BT kit where as the one he will get will have the BT integrated and thats what it is.
Old 13th April 2013, 16:37   #6011
BHPian

What are the options to protect the beige color flooring ? The showroom guys suggested me to laminate the floor. Floor mats wont be of much use, as dust and water will sneak in from sides. Vento owners please suggest.
mikilbhatkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 20:09   #6012

Quote:
Not entirely sure on that. But as per his VIN decoded from Wildon's thread as well as the papers its clear his is a Jan 2013 made car. And his car has the RCD320 with inbuilt bluetooth as well as the Garmin GPS unit. The unit is quite impressive and well loaded with various POI's as well as all VW sales & service center locations.
This had been confirmed to me by the SPs that all 2013 models have the new RCD 320 system as they had changed the audio system in Polo HL and Vento HL and CL starting Jan 2013. When I checked with 3 dealers in Jan 2013 only one of them confirmed that the setup has changed as he had received the first 2013 HL car and the other 2 dealers were clueless. After a week or two the others confirmed on this as well.

The Garmin unit is dealer fitted at additional cost or for free as per dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-imag1097.jpg  

nick.cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 22:28   #6013
BHPian

Quote:
That is questionable - loosing out on just the display.

Exactly. The audible warning is sufficient and I hardly look at the display while parking my Superb.
well, yes and no. The reverse display feature is particularly useful for newbie drivers. I guess the point I was trying to understand is, technically, how difficult was it for VW to retain this intuitive feature on the new ICE ?

btw, the SA informed me that the speakers that came with the old ICE were of different make compared to the the newer versions (post feb 2013 I guess). I am not sure if there is any truth to it, anyone hear something like that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
What are the options to protect the beige color flooring ?
I would like to know the same.

I got a temporary fix - additional flooring done for now with a water proof material. It does not look great inside, but, sure protects the beige flooring; until I find a proper solution.
stringbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 08:55   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
What are the options to protect the beige color flooring ? The showroom guys suggested me to laminate the floor. Floor mats wont be of much use, as dust and water will sneak in from sides. Vento owners please suggest.
Been a little more than 2 years now. And 52,000 km on the ODO. I have been using 3D kagu mats. They work brilliantly to protect the carpet. Every three months I send the car for interior car spa. They wash with some dry foam. Including the carpets. This way you can enjoy the lively carpet as well, plus protect it...
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 10:21   #6015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post

btw, the SA informed me that the speakers that came with the old ICE were of different make compared to the the newer versions (post feb 2013 I guess). I am not sure if there is any truth to it, anyone hear something like that ?

I got a temporary fix - additional flooring done for now with a water proof material. It does not look great inside, but, sure protects the beige flooring; until I find a proper solution.
How many speakers in the stock form? Have they started including the tweeters at the least?

Regarding the beige floor mat, I don't which brilliant guy in VW designed it, but its an absolute disaster anywhere in the world. my suggestion would be to put up with it and live with it. You'll start ignoring it very soon, trust me when I tell you this, especially if you have small children in your house.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote