Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th August 2013, 07:06   #6436
BHPian

Thanks guys,

I guess I will have to ask if the spoiler is sold in a neutral colour and needs to be paint matched or a direct install.

I will go for a tuning box sometime down the line instead of a remap because it can be removed before a service and I can keep warranty intact.
rakchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 10:06   #6437
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Thanks guys,

I guess I will have to ask if the spoiler is sold in a neutral colour and needs to be paint matched or a direct install.

I will go for a tuning box sometime down the line instead of a remap because it can be removed before a service and I can keep warranty intact.
As far as I know the spoiler comes without any color and they paint it to match your car's color. I got mine at 9K(quoted price was 12K).
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 21:50   #6438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post

As far as I know the spoiler comes without any color and they paint it to match your car's color. I got mine at 9K(quoted price was 12K).
Any idea on the price for painting?
rakchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 22:01   #6439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Any idea on the price for painting?
Must be around 3K I guess. 9K I paid was including painting.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 00:32   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Very much true.

And today, I checked out masking the felt and then tried pushing the glass. Voila, the sound is almost gone.

So, I want to ask you guys whether this issue is really with the rubber or with the felt/velvet? Not many other cars I've seen the felt/velvet. Why VW engineers have provided it on top of rubber?
Thoma,
I am also facing the same rubbing noise. Tried WD40 on the rubber beading. Nothing much out of it.

Were you able to fix the door beading issue. I see some 'felt tape' mentioned in the thread. Not sure where I will get it in Bangalore if in case it will solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.
mksureshhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 07:15   #6441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksureshhere View Post
Thoma, I am also facing the same rubbing noise. Tried WD40 on the rubber beading. Nothing much out of it. Were you able to fix the door beading issue. I see some 'felt tape' mentioned in the thread. Not sure where I will get it in Bangalore if in case it will solve my problem. Thanks in advance.
Please put WD40 on the velvet not the rubber . Should work
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2013, 11:59   #6442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also facing the same rubbing noise. Tried WD40 on the rubber beading. Nothing much out of it.

Were you able to fix the door beading issue. I see some 'felt tape' mentioned in the thread.
The best advice I can give : live with it, that is what I have found myself; and it tends to come down with time. This issue is present on many Volkswagen cars all over the world, as they use velvet on top of the rubber beading!

In my car, I've not used any felt tape permanently, but after doing the experiment (done not to solve the issue but to isolate the cause) as shown in the pictures of the quoted post, much of the loose hairs on the velvet stuck on to the cello tape and this reduced the squeaking a bit. But I'm not any where sure if removing the velvet hairs is good for a tight fit that prevent water during heavy rains. Of course, there is a bigger rubber beading that prevents it, yet.

But, today when I check for the squeak as done in this attached video, I do not hear any squeak on the door I have done experiment with. With the other doors too, the squeak has reduced a lot with time.

P.S:
On the other hand, there is a Slick Surface Tape from 3M that you can try putting on the paint surface where it meets the velvet, but I do not how effective that could be, as comments from this video suggests that the 3M tape also failed to mute the squeaks.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 18:16   #6443
BHPian

Angry Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
@souravc

Yep, its the fuel injecting system and nope there was no crack. They said it may be due to fuel quality being not that good. But i asked them, then why is the filter used ?
And they had no answer for that.

I am assuming VW knows these problems and are changing it freely when a customer arrives rather than asking customers to come and get it changed.
There is also a chance that my assumption is totally wrong and this may have been a nice and good gesture from VW for changing it free with labour charges only.

BTW my vento comes in the initial batches which were shipped within 6 months after the product was announced.
@jithudigitised:

I think there may be a similar issue too with my Vento TDI Highline(55k ODO, Initial lot of 2010). I noticed this today on doing a complete tank full. As soon as I left the pump, another fellow car indicated the falling drops under the fuel tank from behind. I immediately took the car to BU bhandari here in Pune who were kind enough to accept the car without prior appointment. I shall come to know by tomorrow of what is the cause of diesel leakage.

Two reasons apparently as suggested by SA:
1- Leakage in fuel tank
2- Overflow as I filled an extra litre of diesel after auto cut

Workshop people confirmed that this is the first time such an issue is being reported here hence they will investigate!

I am keeping my fingers crossed
nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 23:31   #6444
BHPian

@nikesh

hoping it is just the overfill..
jithudigitised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 00:48   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post

I don't think this would be the reason. I generally fill to the brim and once you press the air release button another 10 litres minimum can be filled post auto cut.

It has happened to me once though when I probably over filled it and there seems to be some sort of overflow pipe. Luckily it stopped after some kms were covered.
miharbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 02:26   #6446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two reasons apparently as suggested by SA:
1- Leakage in fuel tank
Reason no 2 is BS. I have always filled well-over the auto-cut, atleast 5-8 liters on an average. And so is the case with most Vento owners out here I believe. Never had any issue. Which of the SA gave you that info? I always found the BUB advisors reasonably level-headed.

Do share the final findings.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:43   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
@jithudigitised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
It has happened to me once though when I probably over filled it and there seems to be some sort of overflow pipe. Luckily it stopped after some kms were covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Reason no 2 is BS.
The overflow from diesel tank had happened to me once. From what I remember, the attendant had the air lock release knob depressed using the nozzle and he was filling it upto the brim.
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:03   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Yes, the issue is with the velvet rubbing against the paint, not the rubber against the paint.

Quote:
I see some 'felt tape' mentioned in the thread. Not sure where I will get it in Bangalore if in case it will solve my problem.
Quote:
[/u]On the other hand, there is a Slick Surface Tape from 3M that you can try putting on the paint surface where it meets the velvet
Suresh, if you want to take a chance, you can get the transparent 3M "Squeak Reduction" tape from eBay here. But like Thoma said, not many success stories I've found on the Internet, though I see a lot of people recommending this on VW forums. The recommended approach is to apply the tape on the body frame (not the door) such that part of it is visible even when the door is closed.

Last edited by nileshch : 2nd September 2013 at 17:05.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:25   #6449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Thanks newtonMeter, it worked well. I was applying it to the rubber beading. Once applied on the velvet, it's almost gone.

Quote:
The best advice I can give : live with it, that is what I have found myself;
P.S:
On the other hand, there is a Slick Surface Tape from 3M that you can try putting on the paint surface where it meets the velvet.
Living with it would be the worst case scenario. The squeaks are not just in the doors, it's in my head. Things are much better once I have applied WD40 on the velvet as newtonMeter suggested. Let me try some more stuff to try and keep the squeaks at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Suresh, if you want to take a chance, you can get the transparent 3M "Squeak Reduction" tape from eBay here. But like Thoma said, not many success stories I've found on the Internet, though I see a lot of people recommending this on VW forums. The recommended approach is to apply the tape on the body frame (not the door) such that part of it is visible even when the door is closed.
That's cool nileshch. I will try this tape and check it it will complement WD40 and resolve the issue totally. Thank you.
mksureshhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:42   #6450
BHPian

Fellow Ventonians - One quick question ( pardon my unwillingness to go through entire 430 pages of previous posts to find an answer which I am sure will be there).

We all know that a Vento tank size is about 55 litres. The query is how much fuel is left in the tank when the reserve light comes on ( point where your fuel indicator shows 2 bars). This is time when I think by design, VW has disabled all indications of FE etc. The moment reserve buzzer comes on, the FE meter shows 50 km to empty ! This is highly disconcerting in a highway where you were actually getting 18-20 Kmpl just before reserve buzzer came on ! So, Am I to assume that the reserve capacity is only 3 Litres
saaicon is offline   Reply With Quote