Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 16:45   #7051
BHPian
 
#enzowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PY01;TN14;KA04
Posts: 154
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
5th Vento?;what made you sell the old one's?
btw 5.15L is pretty low for a 2 year old Vento,especially in bangalore.
My dad doesn't like to keep a car for more than a year or 50k Kms but off late the cars began to run more than what we would like in a year , so that's the reason for selling em.
the car was sold in Pondicherry as all my cars are PY registered and my family is based there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Seriously enzowho ?

5 Ventos in less than 2 years bro ?? You have only given some kind of data for one, what about the other 3 ? I agree with Akshay here with respect to the selling price. Probably it is at least 1.5 lks less.

You could have probably bought one Passat and modified it to your heart's content for all those Ventos !!
I always wanted to buy a Passat but the showroom in Pondicherry takes everyone for a ride wrt pricing. I was quoted 24 lakes for a brand new 2013 Jan trend line passat last month and their service is pathetic , if I must say worst in the country , they don't have any courtesy nor respect to cars or to the customers , they don't even use fender covers and be sure to expect stains in your interiors and they took 10 days to replace a windshield which cracked due to a chip.
These reasons made me not buy anything more than a vento, if things change then I'll buy one when the new model is launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Wow, 5 Ventos!!! This is very surprising, please give details of the other 3.
There's nothing different in any of the 5 vento as the All bear the same registration number albeit with a different series and the colour is also the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
More than the 5 ventos in less than 2 years, I'm blown away by this. Not even a scratch with close to 40k kms per year! And in showroom condition after 76k kms!!

You really ought to share your driving tips with the rest of us.
There's nothing special about my driving , just that I'm extra careful in the city because I'm a sucker for a scratchless car.
I've had my fair Share of a bump from an auto. The only scratches that happens is in the underside of the bumper due to the road conditions here. So I make it an habit to get the scratched parts painted at the showroom, regular washes with waxing is sufficient to maintain an car and I did oil changes at 8K Kms instead of 15 k along with the recommended service schedule.

The only trouble I have faced is an AC issues in my jan 2013 car which is still not rectified.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2014 at 10:54. Reason: Deleting one extra smiley
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 19:06   #7052
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 1,534 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post

My dad doesn't like to keep a car for more than a year or 50k Kms but off late the cars began to run more than what we would like in a year , so that's the reason for selling em.
Frankly enzowho I am totally floored. 50k Kms or 1 yr !!

How did you or your Dad manage to do this in 4 other Ventos bro and all that in just under 2 years. Not trying to be too inquisitive but I have never heard or read anybody running so many kilometes in that short span and neither have known anyone who have changed 5 cars in 2 years, All of them exactly same as eachother !!
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 19:46   #7053
BHPian
 
#enzowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PY01;TN14;KA04
Posts: 154
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Frankly enzowho I am totally floored. 50k Kms or 1 yr !!

How did you or your Dad manage to do this in 4 other Ventos bro and all that in just under 2 years. Not trying to be too inquisitive but I have never heard or read anybody running so many kilometes in that short span and neither have known anyone who have changed 5 cars in 2 years, All of them exactly same as eachother !!
The running is due to frequent trips between Chennai-Bangalore-Pondicherry and a 80 Kms trip to our Farms everyday.

Out of those five cars I had one and now using the second one and gonna add a different car of a different segment within two months

We have had a Q7 which we sold recently and also owned a micra in the last one year, hoping to buy a Premium sedan for my dad that can replace the Q.
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 11:38   #7054
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 1,534 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post

The running is due to frequent trips between Chennai-Bangalore-Pondicherry and a 80 Kms trip to our Farms everyday.

Out of those five cars I had one and now using the second one and gonna add a different car of a different segment within two months
I only have one word for you enzowho, BRILLIANT !!

I think you and your family should get some kind of "Royalty Loyalty" bonus from VW for any and all of your future purchases.

I am just curious to know if you have felt any changes among Ventos that you have driven. I mean, has one Vento been exactly same as the other that you have owned or have they had a rather distinct charecter of their own ?
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 15:31   #7055
BHPian
 
#enzowho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PY01;TN14;KA04
Posts: 154
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

The ride has definitely improved over time and the clutch got lighter but I also feel that the build quality is not as good as the previous one.

For example, the car which I got last month has poor Nvh than the ones I had/have but it feels a lot easier to drive with a light clutch.
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 21:20   #7056
BHPian
 
iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 216
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hey. I am proud owner of a Vento Comfortline version (Petrol). 300kms Young.
I have a query about the car's central locking.
When the car is locked from inside by pressing the central locking switch the doors seem to open when the internal handles are pulled.
Is this normal?
I had a Santro earlier when centrally locked the doors never open when handles were pulled.
iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 21:59   #7057
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,964
Thanked: 6,433 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Hey. I am proud owner of a Vento Comfortline version (Petrol). 300kms Young.
I have a query about the car's central locking.
When the car is locked from inside by pressing the central locking switch the doors seem to open when the internal handles are pulled.
Is this normal?
I had a Santro earlier when centrally locked the doors never open when handles were pulled.
Yes, this is the standard behavior with European and I believe American Cars also. Once locked, doors cannot be opened from outside, but from inside any door can be opened by pulling the handle. The reason for this is that in event of an emergency, the control is not just with the driver.

Key question that comes up is that small kids can easily open the door by mistake. Again assumption is that kids should be safely buckled in the car seat and/or child lock should be activated.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 22:01   #7058
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,706
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
When the car is locked from inside by pressing the central locking switch the doors seem to open when the internal handles are pulled.
Congrats on your baby! This is a normal feature in Volkswagen cars. More quirks and features at this (Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks) thread.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 23:22   #7059
BHPian
 
iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 216
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Yes, this is the standard behavior with European a...........uld be safely buckled in the car seat and/or child lock should be activated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Congrats on your baby! This is a normal feature in Volkswagen cars. More quirks and features at .......... thread.
Thanks a lot for your replies.
Went through the thread. Its wonderful. Took a print out as well as dad was also confused about this. Now Happy
iron is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 23:39   #7060
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi guys,

in my Vento, the driver hand rest cover's catch is broken. SA informed me that the whole cover has to be replaced to fix the issue. The price quoted is Rs.4,000. I would like to know whether the solution and the cost are correct.

Also, the SA quoted Rs.2,500 for the VW emblem on the trunk. Is that the correct price?

Thanks
skaja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 00:44   #7061
BHPian
 
Rachit.K.Dogra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 618
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
Hi guys,

in my Vento, the driver hand rest cover's catch is broken. SA informed me that the whole cover has to be replaced to fix the issue. The price quoted is Rs.4,000. I would like to know whether the solution and the cost are correct.

Also, the SA quoted Rs.2,500 for the VW emblem on the trunk. Is that the correct price?

Thanks
I am not sure about the Hand rest cover but the emblem cost seems similar to what I have heard. The emblem and the 2 logos (Vento TDi & Volkswagen), I think all 3 combined are around roughly 6-7K or more.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 06:51   #7062
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Jammu
Posts: 11
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi friends,
An issue that I am facing with my new Vento. The boot does not open by pressing the boot release switch on the remote. The horn does honk to indicate unlocking but the boot does not release. I need to use the key to open the boot.
ganeshnag75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 08:57   #7063
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Thanks, Rachit.

I lost the emblem some time back. I called the VW Bangalore Palace Cross in Rajajinagar at that time. The person told me the cost as Rs.600. But I could not go till recently because of other work. Now Hesaraghatta workshop person told me that it is Rs.2,500. So I wanted to check.
skaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 16:34   #7064
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
Also, the SA quoted Rs.2,500 for the VW emblem on the trunk. Is that the correct price?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
Thanks, Rachit.

I lost the emblem some time back. I called the VW Bangalore Palace Cross in Rajajinagar at that time. The person told me the cost as Rs.600. But I could not go till recently because of other work. Now Hesaraghatta workshop person told me that it is Rs.2,500. So I wanted to check.
2500 for just the rear emblem!! Thats day light robbery. I had the rear and the front VW emblems (that is onlyboth the VW monograms, not the 'Volkswagen' and 'TDi' letterings) on my Vento fixed for a total of approx 2000, IIRC, sometime in aug-sept 2013. Please visit the Rajajinagar service center. Thats where I had mine done and they are pretty much straight forward in their dealings.

Regards
ASVA

Last edited by ASVA : 12th June 2014 at 16:38.
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 16:45   #7065
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
2500 for just the rear emblem!! Thats day light robbery. I had the rear and the front VW emblems (that is onlyboth the VW monograms, not the 'Volkswagen' and 'TDi' letterings) on my Vento fixed for a total of approx 2000, IIRC, sometime in aug-sept 2013. Please visit the Rajajinagar service center. Thats where I had mine done and they are pretty much straight forward in their dealings.

Regards
ASVA
Thanks, ASVA.

Will do that some time next week. Car is still in Hesaraghatta workshop because of the failure of the high pressure fuel pump. The pump has been replaced. SA is attending the other issues.
skaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks