Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 2nd August 2014, 13:37   #7096
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

For all your concerns,

This is not a facelift or any pre-face lift. Just minor tweaks and changes. I have a Jun'14 vento and the above discussed changes have been made.

My ownership thread also mentions about the cluster staging and pics.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-highline.html (My new ride - Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline)
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 14:46   #7097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think it is more in line with international offerings of Volkswagen. I am not sure if too many cars carry the 'Volkswagen' badge outside India. Some one may please confirm.
No they don't. That was done to familiarize people with the brand in India.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 01:05   #7098
BHPian

My ride is approaching 60000 kms. The suspension seems to be acting up lately where if any one alights from the car there is a prominent noise which sounds like "karr". I was advised by the SA to change the suspension at 45000 service but refrained from doing so due to the extremely prohibitive cost (~INR 40000).
Seems I will not have much of an option this time round. May just get it don't from outside as the car is now reaching the end of its extended warranty.

Any pointers will be much appreciated. Thanks!
miharbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 11:44   #7099
BHPian

A few mods were done on my vento by D.A.D (Daljit Auto Design)
They include wrapping of the roof in gloss black and installing the GTI grille. They still have to wrap the mirrors in the same clolor which will be done next week (P.S Nothing is wrong with my headlamps a bit of dirt near the grille had caused some water to accumulate on the bumber ) PPS I will post better pics soon
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1983.png  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1979.png  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1980.png  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_1984.png  

Ferrariwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 03:21   #7100
BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: VW Vento Diesel Automatic being readied

hi
Might be a bit off topic.
Will the new steering wheel and headlights be compatible with the jan2014 model vento TSi ? Seeing them in the pictures of the polo facelift ; they really seem much nicer !
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 13:39   #7101

My TDI has clocked 67000 so got the servicing done yesterday. The service was due for 70,000 but I usually stick to 12000 instead of 15000 kms.

The overall experience was not that great ( not surprising). It was VW whitefield. I walked in without an appointment so they were not keen to help. I pushed them a bit and they agreed , the service guy did not know what politeness was. Told me that I will get the car only next day , I asked him why and his reply was " sir, you want me to fix so many things so it will take time ". Since no option I agreed.

The bill came up to 26k . Regular service charge was around 12.5k , the remaining was spares cost ( 2 disks , break shoes, lower arms , bushes, plus labour charges) . Surprisingly , the same guy was very friendly when I went back to get the vehicle. He patiently explained why he changed the parts and showed me the condition of old parts. That made me feel a bit better but way to go .
newway is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 08:54   #7102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by newway View Post

The overall experience was not that great ( not surprising). It was VW whitefield. I walked in without an appointment so they were not keen to help. I pushed them a bit and they agreed , the service guy did not know what politeness was. Told me that I will get the car only next day , I asked him why and his reply was " sir, you want me to fix so many things so it will take time ". Since no option I agreed.
VW does not accept walk-ins as a general rule. One reason for this is probably because the existing service dealerships are stretched pretty thin, e.g. a city like Pune has only 2 dealerships (Maruti probably has a dozen or more). Also, as a policy they seem to have implemented a CRM system where every car that is booked for a service is scheduled in.

They made an exception for you, which in all fairness they were not obligated to do. While there is absolutely no justification for rudeness on an SA's part, they are I feel within their rights to ask you to come back the next day or whenever an appointment is available. Otherwise you may have situations where a walk-in customer gets priority over someone who has booked a slot and patiently awaited his turn. Which you'll agree is not cool!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 14:00   #7103
BHPian

Finally, the AC vent bug has bitten me :( i now have the center vent (driver side) broken. I am sure, the center unit (both vents) are integrated as one unit. So it has to be replacement as a whole. Has anyone got these vents replaced recently, i know, the prices were reduced due to some localization. Any inputs would help! should i wait for the vento refresh? they might introduce a newer design?
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 17:41   #7104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
VW does not accept walk-ins as a general rule. One reason for this is probably because the existing service dealerships are stretched pretty thin, e.g. a city like Pune has only 2 dealerships (Maruti probably has a dozen or more). Also, as a policy they seem to have implemented a CRM system where every car that is booked for a service is scheduled in.

They made an exception for you, which in all fairness they were not obligated to do. While there is absolutely no justification for rudeness on an SA's part, they are I feel within their rights to ask you to come back the next day or whenever an appointment is available. Otherwise you may have situations where a walk-in customer gets priority over someone who has booked a slot and patiently awaited his turn. Which you'll agree is not cool!
Doesnt matter if they have 2 dealerships or 10. They dont sell as much as maruti does to deploy 10 dealerships in Pune. This kind of service is not acceptable. Why cant one walk in? Why dont they deploy a quick service bay? If its not a regular service - which one can book in advance there is no business of VW telling the customers to come back later and not attend at all.

Saying all this i havent faced any such issue till date with VW. When i noticed that the oil level is pretty low on a car that is done just 7/8k kms i just drove to BU bhandari. I waited for half an hour and the car was taken in without any question. The checked all the points i mentioned and also topped up the oil FOC and returned back the car.

If i am on my journey and say i face a serious problem like turbo hose failure or similar engine check light etc, cant i walk in to the showroom? Shall i take appointment for such problems too. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 19:26   #7105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
If i am on my journey and say i face a serious problem like turbo hose failure or similar engine check light etc, cant i walk in to the showroom? Shall i take appointment for such problems too. NOT ACCEPTABLE.
What Noopster mean't was VW gives priority to people who have booked prior appointment for service. They never say no to top up oil and if you have any issue with the car while on a trip or anytime, they are always ready to help.

Its just that given few dealership, they service about 40+ cars everyday. If by chance there is a scenario that 5 walk in come in, they find it difficult to accommodate as they need to give priority to people who have taken prior appointment.

None the less, if any issue like turbo hose failure or similar engine check light etc, they are always there to help out ASAP.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 19:50   #7106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
What Noopster mean't was VW gives priority to people who have booked prior appointment for service. They never say no to top up oil and if you have any issue with the car while on a trip or anytime, they are always ready to help.

Its just that given few dealership, they service about 40+ cars everyday. If by chance there is a scenario that 5 walk in come in, they find it difficult to accommodate as they need to give priority to people who have taken prior appointment.

None the less, if any issue like turbo hose failure or similar engine check light etc, they are always there to help out ASAP.
Ok, got it. Yes thats totally fine. A person with appointment should be given a priority. Thats how it is with the Doctors too.

I thought Noopster has received an info from VW that " VW do not accept Walkins - as a rule"
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 11:11   #7107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Finally, the AC vent bug has bitten me :( i now have the center vent (driver side) broken. I am sure, the center unit (both vents) are integrated as one unit. So it has to be replacement as a whole. Has anyone got these vents replaced recently, i know, the prices were reduced due to some localization. Any inputs would help! should i wait for the vento refresh? they might introduce a newer design?
You can go ahead and change them under warranty as it is a known issue and I have replaced mine several times due to breakage and the service Center was helpful throughout the process and the newer batch seems to hold up better and I haven't had a breakage since. The Center unit is changed as a whole but make sure that the buttons are aligned properly and about the cost there doesn't seem to be any reduction and since VW covers it all under warranty don't be bothered about it. So, you can go ahead and get them changed.

Last edited by #enzowho : 15th August 2014 at 11:12.
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 11:57   #7108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Got my left side vent replaced 2 weeks back. Cost came to around 900 including all. No idea about the center vent console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
You can go ahead and change them under warranty as it is a known issue and I have replaced mine several times due to breakage and the service Center was helpful throughout the process and the newer batch seems to hold up better and I haven't had a breakage since.
Lucky you! Warranty option was not approved for me - reason quoted that it's given in first one year only.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2014, 20:54   #7109
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky you! Warranty option was not approved for me - reason quoted that it's given in first one year only.
That's incorrect warranty stands for 2 Years / Unlimited Kms , so the A.S.S has outright denied your rights.
How old is your car?

Last edited by noopster : 18th August 2014 at 16:30. Reason: Fixed quote tag
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 16:32   #7110
Team-BHP Support

^^Actually when it comes to the vents they will give you any excuse in the book to avoid replacing it under warranty. I made a big fuss when my car was in for its second service and got the vents replaced FOC under warranty. I still had to get them changed at my own expense after another couple of years because those damn things just won't last!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote