Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th September 2014, 22:51   #7171
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

^^Please don't opt for such schemes. It is nothing more than a ploy to force you into visiting only one service dealership. You will have no leverage in case you want to shift to another dealer, which you should do (or at least threaten to, since it keeps them on their toes).
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 18:04   #7172
BHPian

If they want to retain a customer, they should be offering a better deal, I guess. Anyway, not opting for the package. The first service cost came to rs 7800 without wheel balancing and alignment.
sreepathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 18:57   #7173
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

They changed my seat frame this week under warranty. Car is 3.5 years old. Previous times whenever the car visited service they had no stock of that. Anyway, its good
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 11:50   #7174

Hi Everybody,

I gave my Vento (Diesel Highline Bridge model) for second service @26,000 Km odo reading (2 years completed) on saturday, 13th Sep 2014. I got a call from service adviser in the evening saying there is an oil leak near the valve door. I was surprised to hear this for so thoroughly designed/tested engine to develop such a thing in 2 years with only 26000 km driven. That too a well maintained car (I never rev beyond 3200 rpm and 120KMPH and consider myself a smooth driver. only once in last two years I drove at 150KMPH and for 2-3 km distance).

Now I need help from the experts on the thread to provide me some insights into this problem.
  • Why would valve door oil leak happen
  • What can valve door oil leak lead to?
  • Is there an impending serious issue to come up if i leave this unrepaired?

The senior technician suggested that there is a basic solution to the problem and also a thorough solution. Basic solution would involve replacing some rubber parts (O-ring??) and keep it under observation if the oil leak is redeveloping. The basic solution would cost about 7-8K.

The thorough solution would involve replacing the valve door I guess. which they said would cost about 16-18K.

I asked him if I could leave it unrepaired and observe myself if the leak is repeating. Because I never saw any oil leak outside (as in when the car is parked never saw oil drops on the floor). He said that's fine. and he said if the oil leak is high then you will have to get it replaced. Apparently the leak is very very low now and not such a serious thing.

Experts, please explain a bit and suggest what should I do.

Thanks
Sreekanth
akula.sreekanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 12:25   #7175

Hello Everybody,

I have a peculiar problem with my Vento (2012, Diesel highline Bridge model) power steering.

This problem developed sometime January this year. The steering tries to hold on stiff towards left or right at a slight angle. If I take off hands from the steering, the vehicle will start going towards left or right. Basically the feeling is the same as the steering feedback. When we take a turn and take off the hands it tries to restore to straight line. And I'm experiencing this stiffness when I'm going on a straight road and haven't taken any turn (before the problem occurred).

In order to go in straight line I have to hold the steering tight and the steering releases the stiffness after a few seconds and again its smooth. Initially I thought this could be because of wheel alignment problem but I tried in various roads which are near flat, in multiple occasions. This problem is not reproducible predictably. And also if it is a wheel alignment problem it should be to one direction and repeatable consistently. But when I experience stiffness it can be in either direction, left or right. and vehicle starts moving into that direction with a slight angle (car could do a lane change in about 50 mtrs distance if I was going at 40KMPH)

I tried to explain this to the service advisor. But he is not able to understand. He thinks it is a wheel alignment problem.

Has any vento owner experienced this problem before? I'm guessing the problem could be mostly in the electronics which are associated with the Electronic power steering. The chip may be overcompensating erroneously and trying to provide power to the steering though it is not necessary and the vehicle is supposed to go straight.

Please suggest what should I do to resolve this.

Thanks
Sreekanth
akula.sreekanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 22:35   #7176

Hello experts!

Need your help/advice wrt focusing the headlights on my Vento. I just upgraded to Philips Essential Vision 90/100 with Hella relay @ JC Road , Bangalore. When I asked the shopkeeper about focusing the lights, he said it doesn't need to be focused since they fit in the slot and there is no play. My mistake I believed him

When I drove the car in the night I found that the lights were in fact not focused, the left beam is going a little away(forward) and the right beam is too close and not illuminating the area to the right of the car(it's more to the center).

How do I get this fixed? Will the showroom guys help fix this? Please provide your suggestions.

Yo
yo_shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 23:04   #7177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_shiva View Post
When I drove the car in the night I found that the lights were in fact not focused, the left beam is going a little away(forward) and the right beam is too close and not illuminating the area to the right of the car(it's more to the center).
Most headlamps these days are focused less forward at the right, to reduce glare to oncoming traffic. Is it worse than that?

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-url.jpg
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 23:11   #7178

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image.jpg

It looks like this currently. Prior to changing the bulb I didn't feel it was skewed as shown in the image you posted.

Here's one more pic which shows the right side not as illuminated as the left side. One more point I noted was that if I adjust the height to maximum(using the rotary knob), then even with low beam the trajectory is going above a heigh of ~6 feet.

Apologies for not posting both pics together.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th September 2014 at 00:45. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
Old 19th September 2014, 13:09   #7179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1289358

It looks like this currently. Prior to changing the bulb I didn't feel it was skewed as shown in the image you posted.
This is how it is supposed to be for a dipped beam. High beam should be more or less parallel to the road.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 16:21   #7180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
This is how it is supposed to be for a dipped beam. High beam should be more or less parallel to the road.
As per the image shared by Thoma it looks focused, but I'm not able to see much to the right side in city driving compared to the left.

Here's the image for high beam. In this the right side seems more bright while the left seems to be less illuminated.

Thank you for providing your views, I wasn't aware of this clever method to avoid inconvenience to oncoming traffic. Maybe the stock headlamps were so dull that it never clearly brought out this factor!

If one of the Vento owners with stock bulbs could post pics showing how the high beam and low beam looks, that would be awesome !
Old 19th September 2014, 22:32   #7181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If one of the Vento owners with stock bulbs could post pics showing how the high beam and low beam looks, that would be awesome !
I am of the opinion that the Vento's headlamps are focused too inwards. I have trouble seeing the sides. I upgraded to Philips XtremeVision same wattage but the spread is still pathetic. Had asked the SA about adjusting the spread, but there is none as per him.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 22:51   #7182

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am of the opinion that the Vento's headlamps are focused too inwards. I have trouble seeing the sides. I upgraded to Philips XtremeVision same wattage but the spread is still pathetic. Had asked the SA about adjusting the spread, but there is none as per him.
Oh! I have dropped the car at the service centre today since there was an engine oil leak. They are replacing one of the seals which supposedly had a rubber part that has melted. Part Cost 4500+1000₹ labour. Getting the air filter changed and he said he will focus the headlamps as well.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:49   #7183
BHPian

New Vento is out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/volkswa...efreshed-vento

Below link is from VW India page:

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...ighlights.html

The major upshift is option for 7 speed DSG, mated with 1.5L Diesel engine.

Otherwise, I do not see any major change into the car. The steering wheel is similar to recently released Polo.

I expected new Vento to come-up with projector headlamps, but a sad disappointment there.
Srikanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 14:42   #7184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
New Vento is out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/volkswa...efreshed-vento

Below link is from VW India page:

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...ighlights.html

The major upshift is option for 7 speed DSG, mated with 1.5L Diesel engine.

Otherwise, I do not see any major change into the car. The steering wheel is similar to recently released Polo.

I expected new Vento to come-up with projector headlamps, but a sad disappointment there.

Yes, major changes

1. Dual barrel Headlamp
2. DSG 7 speed
3. ESP (for DSG models only)
4. New steering from Polo
5. brushed aluminium finish on the central console (like the GTI?)
6. Ambiente Lights (from polo)
7. DSG is more efficient than MT (21.52 vs 20.39)
8. New 1.5 TDI MT is less efficient than 1.6 TDI (20.39 Vs 20.5)
9. Toffee Brown and Night Blue (from New Polo) colors. (Shadow blue, Grey now discontinued)
10. New alloy design

Misses

1. No projector lamps like sister Rapid
2. No sunroof as an option?
3. No turn signals on OVRM
4. No auto folding OVRMs
5. Larger IVRM (auto Dimming)
newtonMeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 15:22   #7185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Yes, major changes

5. brushed aluminium finish on the central console (like the GTI?)
more like the new Polo Highline, as seen in the official brochure

Quote:
Misses

1. No projector lamps like sister Rapid
2. No sunroof as an option?
3. No turn signals on OVRM
4. No auto folding OVRMs
5. Larger IVRM (auto Dimming)
6. from the pics in the brochure, Highline DSG model seems to be missing the aluminium pedals (not sure if they were available on the Vento TSI earlier)
lalittalwar is offline   Reply With Quote