Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 8th December 2014, 12:50   #7396
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Do they retun the part to the customer or sent to the manufacturer?
Even i had the same issue with my steering column which was changed under warranty. The dealer charged for the wheel alignment and the old column was not returned since it was changed under warranty.[/quote]

Was it in extended warranty? If so where you charged for the labor or was it billed under warranty?
dsr_rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 14:10   #7397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Ofcourse that Trip has taken a real toll on the car. The Latest being Front Wheel bearing damage . SA from VW Downtown in Mumbai just told me that it is not covered under extended warranty and replacing the two front wheel bearings with labour would cost me 23 K Approx.
Hi, sorry for bringing up an old comment but I saw no update. Did you get this done, how much did it cost and what is the time they took to get this done.

Why did you have to replace bearing on both the wheels, wouldn't fixing the one which has the problem been better and cheaper ?
santoshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 15:15   #7398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Even i had the same issue with my steering column which was changed under warranty. The dealer charged for the wheel alignment and the old column was not returned since it was changed under warranty.
Was it in extended warranty? If so where you charged for the labor or was it billed under warranty?[/quote]

Yes my steering column was changed under original warranty and not under extended warranty. The dealer charged for the wheel alignment only and the labor was billed under warranty.
DineshKanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 15:20   #7399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
I have been raising this issue everytime when I visit the service centre however they refuse it saying no issue. I can feel the Kat Kat sound + slight vibrations in the steering. Thanks, I will take this issue again this week.
You could check with a different dealer if your current dealer is not willing to hear your issue.

I read in this forum that few vento's had already changed the steering column under warranty. This is one of the manufacturing defect similar to the injector problem, only if the customer raises the issue they will rectify it.
DineshKanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 15:22   #7400
BHPian

Quote:
You could check with a different dealer if your current dealer is not willing to hear your issue.

I read in this forum that few vento's had already changed the steering column under warranty. This is one of the manufacturing defect similar to the injector problem, only if the customer raises the issue they will rectify it.
I checked with two different service centres and both gave same response. I will take up the matter again this time with the General Manager of ASC. Thanks
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 15:38   #7401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Hi, sorry for bringing up an old comment but I saw no update. Did you get this done, how much did it cost and what is the time they took to get this done.

Why did you have to replace bearing on both the wheels, wouldn't fixing the one which has the problem been better and cheaper ?
Total Cost of Replacing Both the Front Wheel Bearings came up to Rs 25,000 (Taxes and Labor charges included). Vehicle was given in the morning and got delivery with the work done by 6:00 pm in the evening. I am not an engineer but i guess they have to do some work using the lathe machine to have the fitment done. On why both the bearings had to be replaced- Generally accepted practice is that whenever mechanical parts which are identical on both sides like Suspension, Front Disc , Brake Pads , Wheel Bearings etc require replacement then both are replaced so that there is no damage later on account of uneven wear/tear. Fellow BHPIAN's may correct me if i am wrong. Must say the ride quality improved greatly after the job and the vehicle was moving more freely and there was a marginal increase of 1 km per liter on the mileage front. As an Update i just sold the Vento Last Month having crossed 1.02 Lakh KMS in 4 years and have brought an XUV 500. The Shoddy VW Service Experience and the Fact that the Extended Warranty had expired led me to take this decision. Also one of the other factors that led me to sell off the vehicle was that i had started observing fumes coming out of the Oil Level Check Part when it was kept open and the engine was running. Was told by Mechanic folks that this is the first sign of the Piston Ring getting damaged. Don't Know if its true but i tried this on my Friends Vento TDI and found that no such fumes were coming. Will miss the Surge in acceleration though with XUV having mostly linear acceleration.

Last edited by Swift Express : 8th December 2014 at 15:40.
Swift Express is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 16:18   #7402
BHPian

Quote:
i had started observing fumes coming out of the Oil Level Check Part when it was kept open and the engine was running.
Even my Vento which has run 113k KMS have fumes coming out through the oil dip stick. It sure is a sign of Piston ring wear.
How was the resale value like cause this particular car of mine is commanding a very low value as I have put the car in the used market for a month and also have placed an order for a New Vento which will be the 6th Vento since 2012
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 17:14   #7403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Even my Vento which has run 113k KMS have fumes coming out through the oil dip stick. It sure is a sign of Piston ring wear.
How was the resale value like cause this particular car of mine is commanding a very low value as I have put the car in the used market for a month and also have placed an order for a New Vento which will be the 6th Vento since 2012
My Vento TDI Trendline Red went for Rs 3.35 Lakhs with great difficult because of Signs of Piston Ring Wear.6th Vento Since 2012 ? Are you operating a FLEET. VW Desperately needs Loyal Customers like you . VW Sure has the most refined Diesel Engine with Good Match of Power and Mileage in this class, but it is their after sales service that is making them go down on the Sales Front. The 7 Speed DSG Transmission is again a class apart but feel sad that the non action on service front will lead to an impending failure of such a class product.
Swift Express is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 18:36   #7404
BHPian

Quote:
My Vento TDI Trendline Red went for Rs 3.35 Lakhs with great difficult because of Signs of Piston Ring Wear.6th Vento Since 2012 ? Are you operating a FLEET. VW Desperately needs Loyal Customers like you . VW Sure has the most refined Diesel Engine with Good Match of Power and Mileage in this class, but it is their after sales service that is making them go down on the Sales Front. The 7 Speed DSG Transmission is again a class apart but feel sad that the non action on service front will lead to an impending failure of such a class product.
I've been quoted 4.5 Lakhs for my 2013 Highline TDI.
Loyalty? I guess this wouldn't last long given that their attitude even at the sales front is stooping down to a new low with their incredibly pathetic service experience.
I have no choice but to stick to this particular dealer as this is the sole dealership in my hometown.

Last edited by #enzowho : 8th December 2014 at 18:43.
#enzowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 23:22   #7405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murajith View Post
Not very sure if I understood the 'drivetrain feel on the clutch'. But, if you were talking about the vibration on the clutch when in neutral or around the time you engage the gear, it might be as el lobo 6061 said, the vehicle have been stationary for a quite some time, the engine might not have warmed up (its around the winter time as well) and even lubricants might take some time to warm up.
I have felt that Vento (relative to Accent crdi I had) takes a little more time to warm up to its form...at times 5-10mins. If you get a chance again, it might be better to see how the engine/clutch/transmission is after 5-6min of idling.

But if you are talking about drivetrain feel as in, some feel of rotation of shafts, release spring squeak/noise or so... I haven't felt anything of that sort in my car. You may want to check in detail for transmission line.
Hi. By Engine drivetrain feel on the clutch I mean the vibration you feel on the clutch when you press the accelerator. Its there on all Ventos and Rapids I have read and have felt it to be more prominent on Rapid that I took a TD on. But its more on some cars and than others. I just wanted to know if that will lessen and get smoother with the usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Congratulations magikrider. Good that you decided on the 1.6. What is the discount that you managed. Mine too is Reflux Silver. When are you taking delivery?. Pls PM me the details if you don't want to mention it here
Thanks lot. Yeah I wanted the 1.6 TDI because the new 1.5 TDI wasn't as impressive as even the official review states "Not as explosive as the 1.6 TDI". The DSG didn't feel as exciting either. 1.2 TSI DSG felt much better compared to the 1.5 TDI DSG. I had waited for the DSG Diesel for so long and when I didn't like it, decided to go for the 1.6 TDI as the performance is much better and the torque is addictive! I'll PM you with other details.

Quote:
4.5 lacs only for a 2013 model??

Then I am sure I am losing the money I saved on the discounts I got by buying a 1.6 TDI in December when I resale! Thats like losing 40-50% in a years time! are you sure you are not being taken for a ride? coz it can't depreciate so much in a years time. what variant do you have and what was your purchase price if you don't mind?
magikrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 00:44   #7406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please post the link of it. My vehicle steering makes as slight click noise perpetually. No sounds while turning it. Do you have a Technical Service Handbook/Advisory PDF which VW puts out listing the problem?

Quote:
You are definitely been taken for a ride. Below is an attached image of selling price calculated by Team-BHP.
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-image.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Hi. By Engine drivetrain feel on the clutch I mean the vibration you feel on the clutch when you press the accelerator. Its there on all Ventos and Rapids I have read and have felt it to be more prominent on Rapid that I took a TD on. But its more on some cars and than others. I just wanted to know if that will lessen and get smoother with the usage.
Yes there are vibration on clutch since the launch of this car way back I test drove in Dec 2010.

Note: Early morning when you start the car, you dont need to idle and can straight away drive while keeping rpm low at 2000. Later on after a few kms you can drive it at higher rpm. Source: Manual.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 9th December 2014 at 00:53.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 09:52   #7407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Though vibration reduces after a warm up, but some of it stays. Not sure if it get much smoother, but one get used to it

just to clarify, i meant idle as the car is in the stock yard and you are checking it while stationary.
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 10:17   #7408
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the low resale value, I think #enzowho has mentioned "113k KMS have fumes coming out through the oil dip stick. It sure is a sign of Piston ring wear."
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 10:25   #7409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

You are definitely been taken for a ride. Below is an attached image of selling price calculated by Team-BHP.
Attachment 1316417
The Quote given to #enzowho is good and the best one can get considering the fact that the Vehicle is Run 1 Lakh KMS Plus hence out of warranty and there are tell tale signs of Piston Ring Damage- Fumes coming out of the Oil Level Indicator check section. Vento is Termed as a High on Maintenance Car in the Second Hand market and hence once the car crosses the 60-75 k mark the value goes down drastically.

Last edited by Swift Express : 9th December 2014 at 10:27.
Swift Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 12:05   #7410
BHPian

Quote:
The Quote given to #enzowho is good and the best one can get considering the fact that the Vehicle is Run 1 Lakh KMS Plus hence out of warranty and there are tell tale signs of Piston Ring Damage- Fumes coming out of the Oil Level Indicator check section. Vento is Termed as a High on Maintenance Car in the Second Hand market and hence once the car crosses the 60-75 k mark the value goes down drastically.
Don't the VWs come with 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty, or is that only for the first owner?
Su-47 is online now   Reply With Quote