Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd May 2015, 06:55   #7726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is the data I get from my OBD on the Swift.

Ignition :12.1V
Cranking : 10V
Engine idling : 14.1V to 14.3V

Please go get it charged and AFAIK, it'll take a day to get fully charged correctly.
The car was jump started with the help of another battery from a local friend. Idled the car for about 20 mins and then took her out for a short ride. Noticed that the auto up/down windows were not working initially, but after the short ride everything was fine. Had some trips later in the day. Did about 150 kms and hopefully , the battery is fully charged now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Incase your not going to be using the car much hereon, get the OBD 2 reader removed from the port so that it prevents further issues.

Post removal of the reader and the recharging of the battery, observe if you experience this problem with battery again. If yes, then the problem lies elsewhere if not it was the OBD reader that was drinking the battery juice.
Have removed the OBD reader from its port. Have also removed the tuning box as service is due and there is the question of extended warranty brewing in my mind. As you said sir, on the look out for any issues with the battery cropping up.
GKR9900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2015, 07:21   #7727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Had some trips later in the day. Did about 150 kms and hopefully , the battery is fully charged now.

Have removed the OBD reader from its port. Have also removed the tuning box as service is due and there is the question of extended warranty brewing in my mind. As you said sir, on the look out for any issues with the battery cropping up.
Even if usage is more try using the car for a short while every day (if possible) or every alternate day to keep all the internals on working condition.

As regards to the tuning box, it doesn't gain the battery so you can refit it post servicing.

VW ASC may disregard your warranty seeing the tuning box so after getting the car back refix it.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 23:13   #7728
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

So the injector failure bug bit my Vento as well. Mine is may,2012 manufactured TDi which has done 38k kms and as per the injector advisory, the injectors used are from the affected batch and bound to fail some day.

Had gone to get my 45k service done yesterday and i had requested the service head + the person in charge of vag com to run a thorough check on injectors since i was feeling a perceptible increase in vibrations and noise during idling. Even got the engine mounting replaced at my cost since there was significant play and it was not damping the engine vibrations.

Initially they told me that nothing showed up on the fault codes and all was well but thanks to team bhp'ian bosporous who had already clicked a snap of the log sheet from his car which showed that all injectors in his car were faulty. I showed the same to them and they were trapped now, sheepishly showed me the same and it clearly stated that 2 injectors were faulty and have to be replaced. I gave them an earful on hiding this fact and trying to be too smart.

Now they have offered to only change 2 faulty injectors and not the other 2 waiting for them to fail as well, i did not like this attitude and have shot a strong worded mail to Volkswagen India asking why should they not change the other 2 injectors proactively. If they do not have the decency to do a recall, then they should atleast do the replacements for those where vag com shows injectors are faulty. They should not wait for the parts to fail and customers to get stranded on the road.

Got a call from my service centre today and have explained them the whole scenario. They have asked a few days time and would talk to VW India and update me on their final decision.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 05:56   #7729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
So the injector failure bug bit my Vento as well. Mine is may,2012 manufactured TDi which has done 38k kms and as per the injector advisory, the injectors used are from the affected batch and bound to fail some day.

Now they have offered to only change 2 faulty injectors and not the other 2 waiting for them to fail as well.
How cheap an attitude by VW here. A car will have all 4 injectors from the 'same' batch rather than each injector from a different batch.

If two have failed the latter two too would fail sooner or later. This is just common sense and I can't see any logic in this for not changing them right away rather than asking permission from VW head office to change the rest two.

Why are they thinking that every customer has the time and patience to run around ASC's for replacements that are already issued orders from their Head Office. Why not blindly follow and go ahead?! Makes the customer happy IMO but these guys won't change.

The number of injectors to be replaced are known i.e. The number of injectors in the affected batches will be standard so the cost incurred for your recall is known. Nothing surprising is going to come that would make VW think to put that additional amount of replacement.

Moreover, If you come to think of it, why isn't there any press release of any sort / public communication regarding this advisory for the general masses? Are they worried some extra replacements would pitch-in? Is there more to this? IMO are they hiding anything?

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th May 2015 at 05:58.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2015, 22:48   #7730
BHPian

Smile Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Got a call from my service centre today and have explained them the whole scenario. They have asked a few days time and would talk to VW India and update me on their final decision.
Please read my posts on pages 505 and 506 in this thread. Do not give your car to change just the two injectors. The other two will fail soon. I had my four injectors changed under extended warranty. I wrote a strongly worded letter to VW. They take these seriously and what I learnt was encouraging. All customer complaints are referred to the dealership, who have to get it resolved in 48 hours, failing which it is considered an open complaint and reflects poorly on the dealership. That is how I got back my 8200 Rs refunded. Tell VW that you are not going to get only the two injectors changed and that as per their service advisory, injectors belonging to these batches are faulty., which should be replaced free of cost. That is the next best thing that have to do as they have not done a recall. I am sure they will yield. Send a copy of their service advisory also, which you can find in this thread. all the best, perseverance pays!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2015 at 23:42. Reason: Quoted post trimmed; inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
premc44 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015, 00:42   #7731
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3614493 (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)

Here is Skoda's approach to the issue. My car had an injector failure in the middle of nowhere and i had to drive on 3 cylinders for about 150kms to reach the service center. Skoda agreed to change only the faulty injector and told me to wait for the other injectors to fail as they MAY/MAY NOT fail!
torque18 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2015, 04:59   #7732
Senior - BHPian

Default Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
I am sure they will yield. Send a copy of their service advisory also, which you can find in this thread. all the best, perseverance pays!
Thanks for your help buddy, i have sent a few more mails to VW requesting them to give me a reason why should i wait for other injectors to fail. Have asked them what their final decision is so i can plan my future moves. They are giving their standard replies so i do not have high hopes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Here is Skoda's approach to the issue. My car had an injector failure in the middle of nowhere and i had to drive on 3 cylinders for about 150kms to reach the service center. Skoda agreed to change only the faulty injector and told me to wait for the other injectors to fail as they MAY/MAY NOT fail!
Very disgusting attitude and if they want to wait for parts to fail, serves them right that they are struggling to sell even 1000 cars a month. Am waiting for the final official reply and the result of this incident and VW's final word on injector replacement will seal the deal for me, whether i even consider a VAG product in future or not.

There are other brands as well which offer build quality and fun to drive cars, VAG is going nowhere with such service levels.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th May 2015 at 05:00.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 20:04   #7733
BHPian

Took my 2013 Vento TDI Highline for her second service today. Odo was at 19500 kms. After checking the car, the SA quoted an amount of almost Rs 13000/-.

About 3-4 months back, I had complained about a grinding sound coming from the front right side when going over uneven roads. Had presented it to the VW service center back then. They said the issue was with the steering mount bush, which was replaced under warranty. The issue cropped up again after about 2 weeks. Had been waiting for the 2nd service to address this issue. Told the SA(the same guy who attended to me 3-4 months back) about it today. Took the car for a test drive and the sound was not at all audible. SA promised me to take a good look and resolve the issue. By afternoon, received a call from him saying that the issue was with the steering rack, which would be replaced under warranty. However, I will have to pay for the bushes(?) that come with it amounting to about Rs 1200-1300/-.

Also he informed that the brake pads had worn out, which required to be replaced along with polishing of the discs. The cost which won't be included under warranty would come to about Rs 3500/-. I still don't get how a 20,000 kms old vehicle could wear out it's brake pads so soon!

I had also mentioned to him about the battery drain issue that I had experienced about a week back. I still think there's a slight delay for the engine to turn on when cranked. I was wondering whether it's due to the cold weather we have here. They tested the battery which appears to be fine. However, they're suspecting an issue with the low pressure fuel pump in the diesel tank(?) that could cause starting troubles, at least that's what he told me.

I will be receiving my car back by tomorrow. Considering all these, the total cost of my second service is gonna be about Rs 18000/- at minimum

Isn't it a bit too high especially when considering the fact that my Dad's 2012 Elantra cost only Rs 4000/- for her second service. Now I'm no expert in the workings of a car, or the cost of parts involved, so would love to hear the thoughts of fellow BHPians in this case.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 18th May 2015 at 20:10.
Old 19th May 2015, 13:00   #7734
BHPian

Hi

IS vento 1.5 tdi Highline MT a wise purchase now ?

I have set a budget of in and around 15 L+ and short listed Vento 1.5 tdi Highline MT .

My initial tele-enquiry was with the Volkswagen dealer from trivandrum, EVM cars,and the response from the sales executive was lukewarm. As a serious buyer, i asked him details about extended warranty ( after having read the thread, i felt i needed extended warranty for 4th and 5th year of ownership ) and he promised to get back to me asap. Till date i haven't heard from him.

Few days earlier, i got a call from the dealer asking if i was satisfied with the response i got for my enquiry. I told him that i haven't heard from the executive and this new guy promised to call with the info immediately.

Till date i haven't heard from him either.

IF this is the quality of service they extend to a serious buyer, what kind of service can i expect from this dealer ( about whom i have read few pathetic reports online ) after i choose the car ?

Would i be making a big mistake buying a car that can become a liability due to the shabby dealing of the dealer ?

Can any one, who own vento in Kerala give me a real time first hand update regarding the service ethics/ back up of this Volkswagen dealer from trivandrum, EVM cars ? It seems that EVM is the dealer for volkswagen in other cities in kerala, so any feed back would be much appreciated.

thanks

turbo car

Last edited by Turbo car : 19th May 2015 at 13:09.
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 22:20   #7735
BHPian

Quote:
I will be receiving my car back by tomorrow. Considering all these, the total cost of my second service is gonna be about Rs 18000/- at minimum

Isn't it a bit too high especially when considering the fact that my Dad's 2012 Elantra cost only Rs 4000/- for her second service. Now I'm no expert in the workings of a car, or the cost of parts involved, so would love to hear the thoughts of fellow BHPians in this case.
Update: Got my baby back. The cost of which came to almost 16000Rs with the replaced brake pads. Although I was a bit apprehensive yesterday, I am pretty much satisfied with the service offered by EVM VW, Perumbavoor. The staff are very approachable and patient. Even though it took them 2 days to get my car serviced(I was not in a hurry anyway), everything was done meticulously and she handled like a gem on the short trip home. Waiting to take her out for some long(er) rides.
Old 20th May 2015, 08:29   #7736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Can any one, who own vento in Kerala give me a real time first hand update regarding the service ethics/ back up of this Volkswagen dealer from trivandrum, EVM cars ? It seems that EVM is the dealer for volkswagen in other cities in kerala, so any feed back would be much appreciated.
I am having a wonderful time with EVM, especially VW and Nissan almost there, at Kottayam. My take, after reading the woes of VW and Nissan dealers elsewhere in the country, is that as long as VW is dealt by EVM, I do not have to worry. And of course if they continue their good attitude towards customers.
thoma is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 08:55   #7737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am having a wonderful time with EVM, especially VW and Nissan almost there, at Kottayam. My take, after reading the woes of VW and Nissan dealers elsewhere in the country, is that as long as VW is dealt by EVM, I do not have to worry. And of course if they continue their good attitude towards customers.
Dear Mr.Thoma

Many Thanks to you.

Can you give me reference to your contact at EVM Kottayam ? I can contact him directly and then proceed for purchase with his reference.

Can we PM here and talk ?

regards

Turbo car ( harish)

Last edited by Turbo car : 20th May 2015 at 08:58.
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 11:24   #7738
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got my baby back.
Can you post a scanned copy of the bill?
BigBrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 12:16   #7739
BHPian

Signing in with my Spanking new "night Blue" 1.5 TDI MT Highline.
Took delivery on Tuesday and had a pretty nasty drive back in heavy rain and traffic in Bangalore. The clutch! Will need to re-calibrate my mind to accept that heavy clutch eh?

Cleaned her up today and waiting to take her for a nice early morning spin this weekend.

Cheers!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2015, 15:25   #7740
BHPian

Calling all Oldies for a drive together this weekend

nileshc, topspeeder, blackdiesel?

what say guys?

any other guys enthu?
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote