Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 10:04   #7861
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post


At 100+ kmph that too over a wooden log, No alloy wheel manufactured would have sustained.

Be happy that the car ran that much extra after the puncture incident, especially the rear left wheel. Great job IMO.

Depends on the mood of VW officials. Not sure why warranty should be honored in the first place.



Autobahn's do NOT have wooden logs etc strewn around on the road for users to go over it @ 100+mph damaging their car, body, suspension, etc. All this is only in India.



No ways. Do NOT even get such thoughts. Spend money and get another pair.

Be safe and peaceful with the alloy charge rather than tinkering it.
We believe that the tire got deflated since the wheel got bent (understandable) due to impact. The thing is ,on deflation, we could hear the wheels make a lot of noise like it was breaking. Hence the assumption. I know the autobahns won't have any logs lying around. What I meant was normal deflation.
We are also not interested in reparing the bent wheel. I had to ask since there is a thread on the forum where many members have replied in the positive.
BTW the SA suggested on claiming warranty. I have no clue why.
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 08:15   #7862
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
That's right. I got my battery replaced by the official Exide dealer in Bhusari Colony off Paud Rd. it came to 5400 after exchange of my OE battery. VW was quoting 7K+ and even the SA there didn't say too much when I said I will get it done outside.

Yesterday i replaced the stock battery with amaron flo for Rs. 5320 after exchange of my stock battery.

The auto door window was not working as before and i had to reset it. Also the auto door lock is currently not working, i need to find out how to reset that as well.
DineshKanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 21:25   #7863
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Update
CE light
The SA claimed that they looked into the issue and said there was nothing wrong. We doubt it because they didn't give us any bill or paper regarding the result. ( They usually charge Rs1000 or so for diagnostics).
They claimed the cause was due to dust in some sensor. They also claimed that we can continue driving till the warning sign turns red(from yellow). Not satisfied with their service or their attitude.
Alloy wheel break
As expected the warranty claim was rejected. Unlike the 'Riverside' alloys, which cost 7 grand a piece, the'Lakeside' wheels cost a whopping 22 grand. So 2 pieces + 1 tire= over 46 grand!!! Claimed insurance. Will have to keep the car at the service centre until Saturday for formalities. Add-on insurance is totally worth the price.
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 02:10   #7864
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 185
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Update
CE light
The SA claimed that they looked into the issue and said there was nothing wrong. We doubt it because they didn't give us any bill or paper regarding the result. ( They usually charge Rs1000 or so for diagnostics).
They claimed the cause was due to dust in some sensor. They also claimed that we can continue driving till the warning sign turns red(from yellow). Not satisfied with their service or their attitude.
Alloy wheel break
As expected the warranty claim was rejected. Unlike the 'Riverside' alloys, which cost 7 grand a piece, the'Lakeside' wheels cost a whopping 22 grand. So 2 pieces + 1 tire= over 46 grand!!! Claimed insurance. Will have to keep the car at the service centre until Saturday for formalities. Add-on insurance is totally worth the price.
I can confirm that the Lakeside alloys were available here in Delhi for Rs. 7120, if I remember correctly. This is about 2 weeks back. Saw the price sticker on them myself, in the service centre store room. They were Uniwheels Alloys, Made in Poland. Just ask to seem them yourself, at your service centre, and check the price pasted on them.

Also, in 4 years, I've never been charged for diagnostics. Will be surprised if it's an official VW charge. I'd suggest you write to VW on both the warning light issue, as well as the charges.

Last edited by bosporus : 5th August 2015 at 02:12.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:11   #7865
BHPian
 
lalittalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 234
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Yesterday i replaced the stock battery with amaron flo for Rs. 5320 after exchange of my stock battery.

The auto door window was not working as before and i had to reset it. Also the auto door lock is currently not working, i need to find out how to reset that as well.
don't worry, it happens after you disconnect the battery. it should get sorted on its own in a day. Otherwise, keep the driver side window down button pressed for 10 seconds and release, then keep it pressed for window up operation. Should start working.
lalittalwar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:14   #7866
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,195
Thanked: 7,901 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

^^ Yes that works. I took it into the service centre and they did it for free but that's what they told me as well.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:18   #7867
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,329
Thanked: 560 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Happened to notice the glow plug flashing after driving for about 90 minutes or so. It has happened twice and goes off when engine is restarted. I see that someone else had the same problem on this thread but not sure what the issue was.

There is no drop in power or any other symptoms other than the flashing.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:47   #7868
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: villupuram
Posts: 268
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Happened to notice the glow plug flashing after driving for about 90 minutes or so. It has happened twice and goes off when engine is restarted. I see that someone else had the same problem on this thread but not sure what the issue was.

There is no drop in power or any other symptoms other than the flashing.

I had the problem. But in my case ,it was due to rat biting the wires causing the icons to flash.

My suggestion is just call up the service center and ask their advice. Once 'no problem Saar you can drive ' comes from their mouth drive the car.
If your case is rat bite too ,check for the twin wires going near the battery (orange and blue I think).

Don't drive without getting consent from the service center guys or else they will put the blame on your driving for everything and play with warranty or replacement
printh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 17:22   #7869
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Happened to notice the glow plug flashing after driving for about 90 minutes or so. It has happened twice and goes off when engine is restarted. I see that someone else had the same problem on this thread but not sure what the issue was.

There is no drop in power or any other symptoms other than the flashing.
Do check with the service centre and inform us about the result.
We also faced the same issue. On taking the car to the service centre, they failed to give any satisfactory answer and weren't interested in checking the car. On insisting further, they just kept the car overnight. Don't know if they did anything.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 12:11   #7870
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,329
Thanked: 560 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Do check with the service centre and inform us about the result.
We also faced the same issue. On taking the car to the service centre, they failed to give any satisfactory answer and weren't interested in checking the car. On insisting further, they just kept the car overnight. Don't know if they did anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
I had the problem. But in my case ,it was due to rat biting the wires causing the icons to flash.

My suggestion is just call up the service center and ask their advice. Once 'no problem Saar you can drive ' comes from their mouth drive the car.
If your case is rat bite too ,check for the twin wires going near the battery (orange and blue I think).

Don't drive without getting consent from the service center guys or else they will put the blame on your driving for everything and play with warranty or replacement
Well, my car 4.5 years old and there is no warranty. Will keep you posted. I just hope its something silly

If the sensors can detect problems, I don't know why they have to use antiquated methods of notifying the problems like flashing glow plug etc. Again this could mean multiple problems. They could print a message or a 3 number code (which we can lookup in manual) to find what exactly is the problem. This will at least not force us take the car to the service centre for small issues and can even take care of them in other neighbourhood service centres.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 12:36   #7871
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Taking the car to other neighbourhood service garage is exactly what they don't want you to do, for 2 reasons:
1) It will decrease their after sales service revenue
And 2) It will increase complications for them. Who knows which neighbourhood garages are competent and which are not. If that screws up something in your car then you will run after them to fix it.

That's why they want you to come only to ASC for any problem and that's why they don't make it easier for you.

Just my 2 cents....
abhinavb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 16:59   #7872
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
don't worry, it happens after you disconnect the battery. it should get sorted on its own in a day. Otherwise, keep the driver side window down button pressed for 10 seconds and release, then keep it pressed for window up operation. Should start working.
Yes you are right. It got sorted on its own. I have reset the auto window for all the 4 doors. Thanks.
DineshKanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 10:02   #7873
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi Guys,

I am having some trouble with the audio controls on the steering. They do not work at all times. Sometimes they work when pressed hard, and sometimes they don't work at all.

Anyone else has faced this problem? Can they be changed/ repaired under extended warranty? Any ideas?

Thanks
abhinavb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 11:03   #7874
Newbie
 
alexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: cochin
Posts: 10
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

of course they can be changed under extended warranty. I have asked similar questions to the service advisor while taking the extended warranty and as per him, audio systems, its controls are all covered under extended warranty.
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 06:43   #7875
BHPian
 
F458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: kochi
Posts: 30
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchacks View Post
2nd Injector failure



As feared the injector failure is continuing to haunt me. On 27 Jul, while driving to Kodai from Kochi, the failure symptoms reappeared around 10 kms from Kodai. Managed to drive upto my hotel. I had taken RSA as advised by Forum seniors and vehicle was towed to Madurai. Yesterday Madurai service centre called upto say injector no 2 is faulty and wanted my confirmation to replace with cost. I told them that I had taken up this issue with VW customer care and the issue is still not resolved. In fact I had sent several messages to VW CC to replace all the injectors free of cost and last week finally I got a phone call from CC Pune and a phone message with a complaint number registered. today also Madurai called for my confirmation and I have struck to my stand to take up complaint and this failure with Pune. I have also forwarded the complaint reference. My wife is with me along with another friend couple.



I would welcome suggestions from forum members.

Well what a shame that VW has been taking us for a ride by shaming us with shody parts.
I have a October 2010 Vento TDI and after driving for about 110000 Kms my injector no 4 failed.
I took it to VW goa and they advised me to change all 4 injectors rather than one.
The cost only a modest 90000 rupees.
I have been corresponding with them regarding the same about prone injector failure for prior models( pre June 2012) but to no avail.
TEAM BHPians please advise what to do as paying 10% of the cost of the car for injectors seems ridiculous. Worst of all unlike most injectors are manufactured by Bosch these are made by Siemens, getting a replacement in the spares part market is difficult
F458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks