Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 14:20   #7891
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,015
Thanked: 888 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
thank you, but I don't know where the sensor is, can you please help me with "where to look" ? under the handbrake in the center of the car ? or underbody ?
As I do not have this car, I cannot tell exactly. Normally it is at the bottom end of the handbrake. If it is not there then you may have to trace along the cable to find it.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 14:27   #7892
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 780
Thanked: 765 Times
Default

It is not advised using the parking brake in rains or waterlogged areas. It can mess up the locking system. All you need to do is take it to the service centre, they will lift the vehicle, rotate the wheels backwards, that should fix this.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 14:32   #7893
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,374
Thanked: 9,810 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I am facing a strange problem with my rapid (posting it here since vento and rapid are the same breed). The parking brake icon comes on when the vehicle is moving and i hear incessant chimes, even when the lever is in the 'off' position, under 2 circumstances .
Look at the below link:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...-while-driving

Most say either faulty/sticky handbrake switch or low brake fluid level could be the reason.

Seems to be near to what you are facing. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th August 2015 at 14:38.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 17:30   #7894
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hello,

For automatic vento, has anyone tried driving in manual?

Problem that i face is that in manual i can go only till 2nd gear, the gear lever dose not go beyond second gear.
can anyone throw some light on this.
Uday
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 18:58   #7895
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 6,370 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hello,

For automatic vento, has anyone tried driving in manual?

Problem that i face is that in manual i can go only till 2nd gear, the gear lever dose not go beyond second gear.
can anyone throw some light on this.
Uday
That's weird. It should definitely go to any gear you want. Is this the tsi dsg, tdi dsg or the older petrol 6 speed AT.

One point is that even in manual mode, if the engine rpm falls too low, the car will automatically downshift. So I assume if you attempt an up shift with the rpm too low, it will not shift up.

Are you facing this in every situation?
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 21:13   #7896
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
That's weird. It should definitely go to any gear you want. Is this the tsi dsg, tdi dsg or the older petrol 6 speed AT.

One point is that even in manual mode, if the engine rpm falls too low, the car will automatically downshift. So I assume if you attempt an up shift with the rpm too low, it will not shift up.

Are you facing this in every situation?
It's older AT 6 speed petrol, I tried this on ghat section, but it does not go beyond 2nd gear.
Uday
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 21:42   #7897
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
It's older AT 6 speed petrol, I tried this on ghat section, but it does not go beyond 2nd gear.
Uday

definitely some problem with your gear box. I can engage all the gears. I have the older 6-AT

Last edited by joslicx : 24th August 2015 at 21:43.
joslicx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 15:11   #7898
BHPian
 
AutoInt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 116
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I own Vento TDI 2011 model. It has done 62,250 kilometers. 4th service done two months ago. I do not have the symptoms for injector failure posted in this thread. My extended warranty is expiring by 20th Sep 2015. My injector's manufacturing date falls in May 2011 (KE23).

Should I proactively ask the workshop to run the VAG-COM scan and minimum quantity adaptation to find any faulty injectors?

I am just worried about failure of injectors just after the extended warranty. Appreciate any suggestions here.
AutoInt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 17:07   #7899
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 185
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
Should I proactively ask the workshop to run the VAG-COM scan and minimum quantity adaptation to find any faulty injectors
Yes.

Read my experience here All 4 injectors replaced (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 19:58   #7900
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
I own Vento TDI 2011 model. It has done 62,250 kilometers. 4th service done two months ago. I do not have the symptoms for injector failure posted in this thread. My extended warranty is expiring by 20th Sep 2015. My injector's manufacturing date falls in May 2011 (KE23).

Should I proactively ask the workshop to run the VAG-COM scan and minimum quantity adaptation to find any faulty injectors?

I am just worried about failure of injectors just after the extended warranty. Appreciate any suggestions here.
If you are worried, Yes. It is better to be safe than sorry. Your car may not be showing any symptoms, still your injector might be heading towards a sub optimal performance or even failure.

Read my experience here. (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)

My car is a March 2013 TDI with no symptom of injector failure. I don't know why but I decided to have the guys run the Minimum quantity adaptation and one of the injectors had to be replaced.

Another point to be careful about is that be with the engineer when they are running the scan and carefully see the final screen before he clicks ok as these guys are autotuned to click ok without reading the final message, as had happened with bosporus (See his link in previous post).
abhinavb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 20:30   #7901
BHPian
 
AutoInt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 116
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
Another point to be careful about is that be with the engineer when they are running the scan and carefully see the final screen before he clicks ok as these guys are autotuned to click ok without reading the final message, as had happened with bosporus (See his link in previous post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Thank you bosporus and abhinavb for your response. I have booked an appointment with workshop (VW Palace Cross, Bangalore) on Monday. I will request SA for me to be with the engineer when they are running the scan. I will post an update on the outcome.

During the 4th service SA said following to be addressed and mentioned in the invoice.

1) the brake discs and pads to be replaced after 2.5K kms.
2) clutch needs replacement, but he was not sure as to how bad or how long would it survive. I have not given approval for this during 4th service.

Clutch is little hard but I do not find any other problems. How can I find out that the clutch is bad and needs replacement?
AutoInt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 21:36   #7902
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,374
Thanked: 9,810 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I am facing a strange problem with my rapid
Are you still facing the issue? What is the brake fluid level?
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 04:19   #7903
BHPian
 
venkyhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: hump city
Posts: 337
Thanked: 276 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are you still facing the issue? What is the brake fluid level?
I have been out of station since then, could not take the car to A.S.S ; will do so next week, will report the update then.
venkyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 20:14   #7904
BHPian
 
e4gleeyez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 36
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Wanted the bring this to the notice of all VW owners especially in Navi Mumbai the showroom staff has no ethics at all. They offered me a car booked by another customer for test ride, this is ridiculous. I hope somebody from VW takes a note of this, moreover the staff was pathetic. This is my third visit and they are ridiculous, had no choice then to book a Skoda dsg.
e4gleeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 23:09   #7905
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 363
Thanked: 370 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gleeyez View Post
Wanted the bring this to the notice of all VW owners especially in Navi Mumbai the showroom staff has no ethics at all. They offered me a car booked by another customer for test ride, this is ridiculous. I hope somebody from VW takes a note of this, moreover the staff was pathetic. This is my third visit and they are ridiculous, had no choice then to book a Skoda dsg.

Boy! These European car makers blunders is one of the biggest mysteries of the Indian automotive scene that one can think of. The stark contrast in the product as compared to the service is so ironic. Does anyone know if we have a thread related to this? It's more intriguing than a Sherlock Holmes case!
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3930 3rd December 2016 15:51
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks