Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2015, 08:32   #8056
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
Will the new 2015 Vento tail lights fit for old 2012 model ?
The taillamps will fit in perfectly as there are no changes other than the design of the reflector.
The new headlamps may need extra wiring since they are double barrel lamps.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 10:01   #8057
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,351
Thanked: 8,046 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
Will the new 2015 Vento tail lights fit for old 2012 model ?
Yes.

Part numbers - 6RU945095L - left, 6RU945096J - right.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-c8d752as960.jpg
Source: Drive2.ru

They are manufactured locally so should be inexpensive.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 15:48   #8058
BHPian
 
Prabhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 74
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yes.

Part numbers - 6RU945095L - left, 6RU945096J - right.

Attachment 1441799
Source: Drive2.ru

They are manufactured locally so should be inexpensive.
Thank you Gannu for the information. I have one more question, Can I get the tail lamp enclosures and not the entire assembly and fit on my Vento ? Or Should I purchase the entire assembly as shown in your link above. I have found refreshed tail lamps excluding the assembly on OLX, Can I use them on my 2012 Vento ? Will I have a problem in fitting them if the bulb placements are different ? Please see the below pictures for their current state.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4702.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4703.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4704.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4705.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4706.jpg  

Prabhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 22:45   #8059
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Guys does the voice recognition work in Indian version of vento, and if yes, what all can be accomplished.
AtheK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 15:10   #8060
BHPian
 
antardaksh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: delhi
Posts: 226
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Part numbers - 6RU945095L - left, 6RU945096J - right.
Hi Gannu,

Would the service center sell a specific spare part if we give them part number. Unlike Maruti they do not have spare parts dealer, hence I am not sure if they will oblige to such requests.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 15:15   #8061
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,351
Thanked: 8,046 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Gannu,

Would the service center sell a specific spare part if we give them part number. Unlike Maruti they do not have spare parts dealer, hence I am not sure if they will oblige to such requests.

Regards.
They aren't authorised to but some of them may oblige.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 18:31   #8062
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 185
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Would the service center sell a specific spare part if we give them part number. Unlike Maruti they do not have spare parts dealer, hence I am not sure if they will oblige to such requests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
They aren't authorised to but some of them may oblige.
Around the time the new Vento (with the LED looking taillamp) was launched, my right tail light broke. Since I was already replacing one, I asked for this part, where I could substitute both lights with these. They hadn't received any stock for these yet and said I could have them if i was willing to wait approx. 2 weeks. I didn't want to wait, so never got the new ones, but my point is, I don't think it's a big deal, and any service station will be happy sell these to you. Similarly, I had inquired about the smoked headlamps for my 2011 Vento, which came with clear lamps, and again, it wasn't an issue for them.

The price for the tail light was Rs. 1900/1950, if I remember correctly, and since the new one is not LED, I don't think it will be much more expensive.
bosporus is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 19:44   #8063
BHPian
 
Prabhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 74
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Around the time the new Vento (with the LED looking taillamp) was launched, my right tail light broke. Since I was already replacing one, I asked for this part, where I could substitute both lights with these. They hadn't received any stock for these yet and said I could have them if i was willing to wait approx. 2 weeks. I didn't want to wait, so never got the new ones, but my point is, I don't think it's a big deal, and any service station will be happy sell these to you. Similarly, I had inquired about the smoked headlamps for my 2011 Vento, which came with clear lamps, and again, it wasn't an issue for them.

The price for the tail light was Rs. 1900/1950, if I remember correctly, and since the new one is not LED, I don't think it will be much more expensive.
I have inquired with my SA today on the new tail lights, he agreed to sell them for my Vento. The price of both tail lights is around INR 3000.
Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2015, 23:37   #8064
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 185
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
I have inquired with my SA today on the new tail lights, he agreed to sell them for my Vento. The price of both tail lights is around INR 3000.
That's cheap! The Rs. 1950 I'd quoted was the price I'd paid for just one tail light - the right side one, and this is barely a few months back. Labor was another Rs. 200, approx.
bosporus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 16:18   #8065
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
If they are not cutting the wires, then warranty is not void.
Can you elaborate more on that? Is that specified under the terms and conditions for warranty?

I called up the guys at the service centre and spoke to the person responsible for warranty and stuff. I explained my desire to upgrade to 90/100w Phillips Rally bulbs along with the Phillips relay kit.
He firmly said no and said that VW will void the warranty if we change anything related to OE specification.

He also went on to say that if any sparks emanate from the relay, it could be a problem for the fuel filter placed nearby ( I believe there is no problem with sparks as far as diesel is concerned).

Desperate to upgrade the bulbs as I can't see anything on a rainy night. My dad can manage as he has driven Ambassadors extensively.

The 55/60w Phillips extreme vision plus 130% is also useless on a rainy night :(
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 21:00   #8066
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 185
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Can you elaborate more on that? Is that specified under the terms and conditions for warranty?

I called up the guys at the service centre and spoke to the person responsible for warranty and stuff. I explained my desire to upgrade to 90/100w Phillips Rally bulbs along with the Phillips relay kit.
He firmly said no and said that VW will void the warranty if we change anything related to OE specification.
Warranty will typically be void where you are moving away from specifications in a manner that could the modded components or connected components to fail. For example, if you upsize to 205 tyres, technically, the suspension warranty will be void, but if your injectors fail, a warranty claim on those will still be honoured.

In this case, since this is an electrical component, under excessive load or short-circuit conditions, it could be held responsible for failure of other electrical components, so this is one mod that can potentially have a lot of far reaching implications from a warranty POV.

BUT, that's the technical answer. Practically, it depends a lot on your service station and your relationship with them. Unless you bump into a particularly 'by the book' SA, they will usually overlook a lot of off-spec mods. And even if they bring it up, a word with the service manager usually does the trick. But again, very dependent on your service station. Also, as in the case with your mods, there's a good chance they'll never figure it out.

So, take a considered view and then take the leap, if you must.

Last edited by bosporus : 28th November 2015 at 21:02.
bosporus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 00:47   #8067
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

what if i keep my stock tyres in Garage and upscale to 16", anyway we just need to visit them once in 6 months, i can always swap them at that time and refit the new one back once back. Will they have anyway to figure out the car has been running on 16" Tyres/Alloys.

Same for other components which i change(Without cutting the wires), but replace with original while taking it for service, how will they figure it out.

Hate the stingy Policies from VW on this topic though.
AtheK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 12:56   #8068
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 185
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
what if i keep my stock tyres in Garage and upscale to 16", anyway we just need to visit them once in 6 months, i can always swap them at that time and refit the new one back once back. Will they have anyway to figure out the car has been running on 16" Tyres/Alloys.

Same for other components which i change(Without cutting the wires), but replace with original while taking it for service, how will they figure it out.

Hate the stingy Policies from VW on this topic though.
About tyres, they can't know. But when its comes to electricals, technically I think they can figure out, because ECU's today record every single detail about the running condition of the car, and if, say, your modification causes load on the electricals changing, I suspect that will be recorded. It really depends on what damage your component causes - imagine through a series of events you fry the ECU, you can be sure VW is checking it. Anything else, they won't even bother.

Every manufacturer has the same policies - think about it: they test their cars to certain specifications, but if you instead run them at some other specifications, it could technically cause a lot of fail. But most manufacturers, including VW, will take a sensible view of things.

For example, I've never seen them give grief to anyone over 195 / 205 tyres, but with 16", they're likely to have an issue, because the rim + tyre is now much heavier, and therefore could adversely affect suspension components.

On a separate note, I wanted to upgrade to 16" a few months back, and I was told by my friendly service manager that they've seen much reduced life of suspension parts on cars with 16", so was asked to avoid it. My car was out of suspension warranty, so that wasn't a factor for me. Just something for you to consider if you are thinking of upgrading.

Last edited by bosporus : 29th November 2015 at 12:58.
bosporus is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 13:27   #8069
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 217
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
About tyres, they can't know. But when its comes to electricals, technically I think they can figure out, because ECU's today record every single detail about the running condition of the car, and if, say, your modification causes load on the electricals changing, I suspect that will be recorded. It really depends on what damage your component causes - imagine through a series of events you fry the ECU, you can be sure VW is checking it. Anything else, they won't even bother.

Every manufacturer has the same policies - think about it: they test their cars to certain specifications, but if you instead run them at some other specifications, it could technically cause a lot of fail. But most manufacturers, including VW, will take a sensible view of things.

For example, I've never seen them give grief to anyone over 195 / 205 tyres, but with 16", they're likely to have an issue, because the rim + tyre is now much heavier, and therefore could adversely affect suspension components.

On a separate note, I wanted to upgrade to 16" a few months back, and I was told by my friendly service manager that they've seen much reduced life of suspension parts on cars with 16", so was asked to avoid it. My car was out of suspension warranty, so that wasn't a factor for me. Just something for you to consider if you are thinking of upgrading.
Well, i agree with your views, but i still do not like how VW operates, it's more like threatening, which i have an objection too. They agree suspension will go bad early(surely not 1 year early), and i am OK with that. In case there is actually a technical fault that shows up in 1 year they should fix it, upsized or not. Ok 2" above specs void it, 1" above with the agreed deviation they should not make too much noise about it. If they really want to go that extra mile for the customer, publish the recommended sizes that the car can be upsized to(respecting the 2% deviation, not many would know how to calculate). If the car is running on those tyres warranty is honored, short life is customer headache.

As for the electrical part, i agree hence i said without slicing/splitting the wires. I have a honda city today(vento tsi comes home next month), and i must appreciate the honda service centre, they have never made even a single grunt about any modifications i have carried on my car right form day one. That said i never needed the warranty to be used
AtheK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 14:35   #8070
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
what if i keep my stock tyres in Garage and upscale to 16", anyway we just need to visit them once in 6 months, i can always swap them at that time and refit the new one back once back. Will they have anyway to figure out the car has been running on 16" Tyres/Alloys.
Why even keep those stock wheels at home? The warranty for the suspension anyway expires after 6 months/10000kms. Usually with stock tires, the suspension usually wears out by 30-35k kms at the earliest (as per reports here). For some maybe 50-60k kms

You should take into account that when you upgrade to 16' wheels, the wear and tear on your suspension could be higher as someone pointed out. This shouldn't be a problem if you're going to upgrade to a superior suspension setup later on
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks