Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 01:50   #8101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 125
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

So i own a 2015 VW Vento that i bought as a replacement to my 2010 VW Vento. Almost 7 months in, and less than 10,000 km on the odo and my Diesel Engine malfunction light starts flashing. When the light comes on, the turbo switches off, the engine goes into safe mode and starts upshifting at 2000 rpm.

Contacted VW and they wouldn't even give me an immediate appointment. When i urged that it is a serious issue, they grudgingly gave me an appointment for the next day. They told me no error codes have been generated and that they have no way to know how it happened. They told me that they needed to top up the engine oil, so i gave them the go ahead.

I was asked to collect the car the next day. I paid for the service and went to fill fuel. As soon as i left the petrol pump, the light starts flashing again. I make it home. contact VW again and give them a piece of my mind.

Their SA tells me that it's too late today and that he will personally come to collect the car tomorrow.

I call them the next day and the SA tells me that they will only be able to come in the late afternoon. On a Saturday. How long does he expect me to keep the car with him?

at 4:30, the car is collected by only a driver. No SA to be seen. Since i was at work my dad gave the car to the driver.

5 days pass, and still no contact from their end for even an update as to what is going on with my car.

Finally out of frustration i give them a call only to have the SA tell me he will check and let me know in 2 minutes. A good 10 minutes pass and no call from their end. So i call him again and his response is that they are in the final stage of diagnosis.

5 days, they've had my car and they are still completing diagnosis?! What kind of diagnosis are they doing?!

Truly horrified by this callous attitude by Volkswagen. Absolutely pathetic. I was truly a fan of their products, apparent from the fact that i repurchased a Vento. But this has ensured that i never EVER recommend a VW to anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Considering all the above, are we living in a dream that the so called "German Engineering" produces reliable, long lasting parts and products? I am really scared. Is VW quality so bad? I have a 2013 model (VIN: WVWL12609DT026467), hope that the injector problems wont crop up.
We very truly might be! My old Vento had given us 4 years of stress free living, so in all stupidity, We sold that old Vento and picked up the new Vento DSG diesel. And guess what?

7 months and less than 10k on the odo and the glow plug light has started flashing to indicate diesel engine malfunction! Hooray!

Oh and the service has deteriorated even further as the showroom has had the car for 8 days now and i was not even contacted by them to give me an update. This experience has been so bad that my dad won't even look at another VW product again. Not even Audis. In his words, "If they can't even take care of a simple dumb Vento, imagine what they can do with a "smart" complicated Audi!"

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2015 at 07:34. Reason: Merged back to back posts
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 13:04   #8102
BHPian
 
premc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 73
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Without wasting any more time, you should send a mail to VW customer Service Dept. For me, for a different problem, it worked like magic. It is VW policy, not known to many, that it is the responsibility of the dealer to see to it that the customer complaint is resolved in 24-48 hours. An "open" complaint is a black mark on the dealer, this I came to know from a dealer
When you send the mail, be specific and note down the date and time of your complaint, the time of response, the unsatisfactory job etc. Tell them that a copy of your complaint will be posted in Team BHP. I had posted my complaint in team BHP forum. Use the strongest language to express your disappointment in buying a Vento again and your anguish at the pathetic service. In the present diesel gate scenario, they cannot but take customer complaints seriously.
Once the complaint is resolved, you will get a call from VW for a feedback , give a very negative feedback, that will hurt the dealer even more.
premc44 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 03:08   #8103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 125
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Without wasting any more time, you should send a mail to VW customer Service Dept. For me, for a different problem, it worked like magic. It is VW policy, not known to many, that it is the responsibility of the dealer to see to it that the customer complaint is resolved in 24-48 hours. An "open" complaint is a black mark on the dealer, this I came to know from a dealer
When you send the mail, be specific and note down the date and time of your complaint, the time of response, the unsatisfactory job etc. Tell them that a copy of your complaint will be posted in Team BHP. I had posted my complaint in team BHP forum. Use the strongest language to express your disappointment in buying a Vento again and your anguish at the pathetic service. In the present diesel gate scenario, they cannot but take customer complaints seriously.
Once the complaint is resolved, you will get a call from VW for a feedback , give a very negative feedback, that will hurt the dealer even more.
Have already registered complaints on the customer care portal twice! Even voiced my concern on twitter. No response from VW at all.

If anyone has contact details for their Regional Managers maybe I can contact them and get some form of resolution.

What disappoints me most is the fact that my previous VW NEVER gave me any trouble for the first 4 years of ownership and we expected this one to be the same!

Also, because we have spare cars in the family, we could manage. Imagine what would happen to someone who has only that single car in the family. Are they supposed to be left stranded like this for nearly 2 weeks? I've heard stories of this happening with complicated cars like Range Rovers and Jaguars, but this kind of incompetence for an uncomplicated car like a Vento is simply remarkable!

Worst part is, even after 2 weeks, they still don't know what's wrong with it.
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 14:24   #8104
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hey there!

I own a 2014 Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI. Unfortunately, due to a minor front collision, the driver side fog light fell from its holder into the casing/assembly but it is still working. Due to my ignorance and continuous usage of fog light, it has resulted in melting of the reflector. I contacted Volkswagen Gurgaon Service Station and they told me that the entire front bumper has to be replaced as the fog light is attached to the bumper itself.

But it doesn't make any sense to me to get the entire bumper replaced instead of just getting a new fog light assembly.

Please advise.

Thank you
AashishC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 15:45   #8105
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,353
Thanked: 8,055 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AashishC View Post
Hey there!

I own a 2014 Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI. Unfortunately, due to a minor front collision, the driver side fog light fell from its holder into the casing/assembly but it is still working. Due to my ignorance and continuous usage of fog light, it has resulted in melting of the reflector. I contacted Volkswagen Gurgaon Service Station and they told me that the entire front bumper has to be replaced as the fog light is attached to the bumper itself.

But it doesn't make any sense to me to get the entire bumper replaced instead of just getting a new fog light assembly.

Please advise.

Thank you
Refer this post.

The first snap clearly indicates the fog lamp assembly held in place by 3 screws. Have the screw mounts on the bumper gone bad? If yes, you may have to possibly replace the bumper.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 12:19   #8106
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 163
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

My Vento Insurance is due for renewal. Mine is a comprehensive policy, from VW Insurance (actually Bajaj Allianz). But its neither Zero-Dep nor bumper to bumper. As it came as a freebie with the car I didn't pay much attention to it at first. For the current renewal, asked for a Zero-Dep, which is Drive Assure Economy (not eligible for Drive Assure Elite as the car is completing 3 years, as I bought my car in Jan 2013.). The quote sent is as below.

Comprehensive (No-frills) Policy - Premium - Rs. 15,733
IDV - Rs. 6,17,499
NCB - 35%
Commercial Discount - 40% on final Own Damage (OD) Premium
Total OD premium - Rs. 8,284
Liability & TP premium - Rs. 5,456
Net premium - Rs. 13,740
Service Tax: Rs. 1,993
Final Premium - Rs. 15,733

Drive Assure Economy (Zero-Dep) - - Premium - Rs. 24,507
IDV - Rs. 6,17,499
NCB - 35%
Commercial Discount - 40% on final Own Damage (OD) Premium
Total OD premium - Rs. 8,284
Drive Assure premium - Rs. 7,663 (post discounts)
Liability & TP premium - Rs. 5,481
Net premium - Rs. 21,403
Service Tax: Rs. 3,104
Final Premium - Rs. 24,507

Following are my doubts.
  • Is it worth to go for Zero Dep paying almost Rs. 10,000 extra at this point in time?
  • Is the premium right or is high?
  • Is it mandatory or recommended to go for VW Insurance to keep my extended warranty intact or for any other reasons? Will it be prudent to look for other Insurance providers if they offer a lesser price for Zero-Dep with Bumper to Bumper coverage?
  • Is there anything I could do to reduce the premium by opting for voluntary deductible etc.?

Could you please clarify my doubts?
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 14:21   #8107
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,960
Thanked: 6,419 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
My Vento Insurance is due for renewal.

Following are my doubts.
  • Is it worth to go for Zero Dep paying almost Rs. 10,000 extra at this point in time?
  • Is the premium right or is high?
  • Is it mandatory or recommended to go for VW Insurance to keep my extended warranty intact or for any other reasons? Will it be prudent to look for other Insurance providers if they offer a lesser price for Zero-Dep with Bumper to Bumper coverage?
  • Is there anything I could do to reduce the premium by opting for voluntary deductible etc.?

Could you please clarify my doubts?
1. Would definitely recommend Zero Dep insurance since VW parts and repairs are generally expensive.

2. Premium seems about right for Drive Assure from Bajaj. I just renewed my Vento ( 3rd Year Insurance) and the premium was about the same.

3. You will definitely get lower quotes for the same package outside. Would not impact your extended warranty or insurance claims. There maybe a little bit more paperwork/running around required as compared to getting it from VW approved vendor. But make sure you review the external quotes and Terms and Conditions closely and not just go by the lower premium.

You can also renew directly online from Bajaj Allianz site. Thats what I normally do. They may have a discount for online renewals.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 15:50   #8108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
My Vento Insurance is due for renewal. Mine is a comprehensive policy, from VW Insurance (actually Bajaj Allianz). But its neither Zero-Dep nor bumper to bumper. As it came as a freebie with the car I didn't pay much attention to it at first. For the current renewal, asked for a Zero-Dep, which is Drive Assure Economy (not eligible for Drive Assure Elite as the car is completing 3 years, as I bought my car in Jan 2013.). The quote sent is as below.

Comprehensive (No-frills) Policy - Premium - Rs. 15,733
IDV - Rs. 6,17,499
NCB - 35%
Commercial Discount - 40% on final Own Damage (OD) Premium
Total OD premium - Rs. 8,284
Liability & TP premium - Rs. 5,456
Net premium - Rs. 13,740
Service Tax: Rs. 1,993
Final Premium - Rs. 15,733

Drive Assure Economy (Zero-Dep) - - Premium - Rs. 24,507
IDV - Rs. 6,17,499
NCB - 35%
Commercial Discount - 40% on final Own Damage (OD) Premium
Total OD premium - Rs. 8,284
Drive Assure premium - Rs. 7,663 (post discounts)
Liability & TP premium - Rs. 5,481
Net premium - Rs. 21,403
Service Tax: Rs. 3,104
Final Premium - Rs. 24,507

Following are my doubts.
  • Is it worth to go for Zero Dep paying almost Rs. 10,000 extra at this point in time?
  • Is the premium right or is high?
  • Is it mandatory or recommended to go for VW Insurance to keep my extended warranty intact or for any other reasons? Will it be prudent to look for other Insurance providers if they offer a lesser price for Zero-Dep with Bumper to Bumper coverage?
  • Is there anything I could do to reduce the premium by opting for voluntary deductible etc.?

Could you please clarify my doubts?
Even we had a similar dilemma. The Zero Dep/ Elite insurance ( don't exactly remember which one) was costing us 20k. After a lot of reasoning we took it as VW spares and repairs can be very expensive. And it paid off ( OK, I know it's not a desirable thing to ever claim insurance but still)
We happened to break one alloy wheel and bend another due to a log of wood on the highway. ( refer post #7857)
Cost of 2 alloys plus one Goodyear tire= 45k
Cost we had to bear= around 10k
Amount saved if we didn't take that add on insurance =15k
Hope it helps
Do check if the coverage you're taking covers alloy wheels
Turbohead
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 15:41   #8109
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 163
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Thanks Rajeev & Turbohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
The Zero Dep/ Elite insurance ( don't exactly remember which one) was costing us 20k.
Mine is 25K. If it is 20K, I would have definitely gone for that. How old is your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Do check if the coverage you're taking covers alloy wheels
Isn't Drive Assure Economy Bumper to Bumper?
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 08:50   #8110
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 282
Thanked: 149 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi folks,
Thinking of getting the extended warranty for my Vento TSI as it's fast approaching a year's completion. Upon checking with VW palace cross, the price for 3&4th year extended warranty comes out to 17.5k + 3.5k for RSA.

Just wanted to check with members here and verify if these are correct?
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:41   #8111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 365
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hi folks,
Thinking of getting the extended warranty for my Vento TSI as it's fast approaching a year's completion. Upon checking with VW palace cross, the price for 3&4th year extended warranty comes out to 17.5k + 3.5k for RSA.

Just wanted to check with members here and verify if these are correct?
It is correct (both EW and RSA). The rates are also available on the website
Mohan Mathew A is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 13:09   #8112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Hi folks
Our car has run 28k kms now and is drawing closer to the second service. Last time it was serviced in April 2015 with 148**kms on the odometer. I got two questions
1. Should I service on or before 298** kms or can i stretch it to a tad below 30k kms?
2. As all of you are aware of the Chennai floods, all service centres are filled to the brim with flood affected cars. Insurance companies are trying to avoid terming cars as total loss as much as possible ( if the car can ever be repaired)

Since parts are going to be a bit of an issue in terms of availability, is it advisable to service the car in Chennai? I'm paranoid because these ASS are capable of exchanging parts between cars to make their customer happy. It happens in Hyundai too so I won't be surprised if it happens in VW.

If necessary we may service it in Vellore or even in Kochi as dad has to go there on business trips. Can anyone suggest good service centres in these places?

Or should I just stick to the Chennai service centres? It's a very unique situation.
Turbohead
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015, 17:42   #8113
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 163
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hi folks
Our car has run 28k kms now and is drawing closer to the second service. Last time it was serviced in April 2015 with 148**kms on the odometer. I got two questions
1. Should I service on or before 298** kms or can i stretch it to a tad below 30k kms?
If your car is still under warranty (if you had taken extended warranty), you have to service it as per the kms stated in your service book. Otherwise, they warranty will be void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
2. As all of you are aware of the Chennai floods, all service centres are filled to the brim with flood affected cars. Insurance companies are trying to avoid terming cars as total loss as much as possible ( if the car can ever be repaired)

Since parts are going to be a bit of an issue in terms of availability, is it advisable to service the car in Chennai? I'm paranoid because these ASS are capable of exchanging parts between cars to make their customer happy. It happens in Hyundai too so I won't be surprised if it happens in VW.
Is it so? My car will become due for service in Jan. Now I am getting nervous. Aren't there any other alternatives, than taking the car to a different location?
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015, 18:04   #8114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
Is it so? My car will become due for service in Jan. Now I am getting nervous. Aren't there any other alternatives, than taking the car to a different location?
Hope you haven't misunderstood me. All I was saying is there is a good chance of these guys pulling off short term tricks in order to decrease their pressure ( after all they're humans) These guys are undoubtedly frustrated as a large number of customers turn up to get their vehicles fixed ASAP.
Why I quoted Hyundai in my last post was because they do it during normal services ( for items like rear wiper blades etc which have very low movement). I did not mean that it happened after the floods. There is no evidence or experience reported so.
With VW quoting repair costs for some vehicles 1.5 to 2 times their actual cost, things maybe different. Fingers crossed.
Turbohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2015, 15:33   #8115
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hey there!

I got my front right fog light replaced from Volkswagen Naraina, Delhi for Rs. 5k including labour. The SA told me that it could also have caused a fire. Here are a few photos of the destroyed fog light.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4143.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4145.jpg
AashishC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks