Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 21st September 2016, 22:24   #8551
BHPian

Update on the re-steer issue from my side. After driving around 200km, it's definitely better. So I guess it's just the new tyre effect and also the effect of moving from the ultra light steering of my earlier i20 to a slightly heavy steering set up of the VW.
nagarjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:19   #8552
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Update on the re-steer issue from my side. After driving around 200km, it's definitely better. So I guess it's just the new tyre effect and also the effect of moving from the ultra light steering of my earlier i20 to a slightly heavy steering set up of the VW.
Go to your dealer and ask him to check the caster angle. This is what adjusts the self centering effectiveness in a car's steering.

Check another Vento TD vehicle to be extra sure that all is okay with your car.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:03   #8553

Guys, need some input. Does anyone here ever replaced the wiper motor on their vento?
My 2013 TDI Highline needs wiper motor replacement, and I am getting a quote of 23k for the same from VW Modi mira road, Mumbai.

I know Wiper motors can cost a bit, but is it really 23k? IF so, that is ridiculous spare part cost by VW.

Just want to ensure I am not getting ripped off here.
Shripad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 16:50   #8554
BHPian

Did you not purchase extended warranty? 2013 TDI should still be under extended warranty right. Please check with you dealer about wiper motor being covered under extended warranty or not.

If I remember correctly my one headlight level adjuster motor went kaput and it was not part of extended warranty. Quote was somewhere around 4-5K, since it was just adjuster I decided not to change it.

23K is seriously high quote and if Service Centre is quoting it than it might be same for other service centres as well. Please note that VW changes the part so best bet would be to get it checked outside and see if it can be repaired. Its electric motor so maybe some little issue caused the failure.

Second best bet would be to purchase part outside but for wiper motor it would be hard to find since they do not go bad that much.

Third best bet would be to drop mail to higher folks of VW and delears and mention that wiper motor is used very less its disappointing to have it not working in just 3 years. Ask for Goodwill stating that part was not built with good quality control. Its a long shot and more chance that nothing will happen
karansm4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 19:08   #8555
BHPian

Update on my 2014 Vento 1.6 TDI :
Ownership period : 20 months
Odo reading : 60800 Kms
Stock battery : sealed type, sssang brand, 60 Ah.
The battery was straining to crank the car for the past 1 month and when I tried starting the car after 4 days of idling, it didn't. So, I called up VW a.s.s about it and they suggested to change a new battery on my own and no need for bringing to a.s.s. So, decided to go with Exide Mileage Red 60 Ah battery from a local dealer for Rs. 5750 after old battery and goodwill discount (800+100 rs). It comes with the usual 48 months warranty (24 + 24). Also got tested for any leaks or grounding problems at the battery dealer and found none were there.
printh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 06:31   #8556
BHPian

Anyone on 205/55/15? The tyre pressure i use is 31 for the front and 30 for the back. Should this be alright?
motorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 15:09   #8557
BHPian

So,
I got the email.

Quote:
Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that the technical upgrades for Volkswagen vehicles will start in Sept 2016 and will be implemented in a phased manner.

For your vehicle the upgrade involves a software update to the engine management system along with hardware update (Installation of flow transformer). This process should take approximately less than an hour; however, based on your service appointment your authorized Volkswagen Service Partner will be able to confirm the precise duration that will be required for implementing the said update for your vehicle.

We, therefore request you to book an appointment for undertaking the above measures at a time convenient to you. We recommend that this be undertaken at the earliest convenient date at any of our authorized Volkswagen Service Centers.

The above measures will be implemented totally free of cost to you.

We would like to apologize once again for any inconvenience this issue has caused you, and thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
Michael Mayer
Brand Director
OKKKAAYY, but what about performance? and yes, mileage?
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 15:18   #8558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Anyone on 205/55/15? The tyre pressure i use is 31 for the front and 30 for the back. Should this be alright?
I too have Skoda Rapid with 205/55/15 rubber and using 32 all around. So far I have driven 16K with new tyres and feel 31/30 is slightly on lower side.
hillsnrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 17:44   #8559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
So,
I got the email.
OKKKAAYY, but what about performance? and yes, mileage?
Just to clarify..
The 'technical upgrades' are for the emission test defeat device on the 1.6 Diesels?

Cheers !

Sundar
MavericK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 08:11   #8560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
Just to clarify..
The 'technical upgrades' are for the emission test defeat device on the 1.6 Diesels?
Yes it is.

I think it would be nice if someone did the fuel economy and performance tests before and after the update. I don't mind doing it but the annual service is due only in January. Don't wanna waste time going in between.

I was thinking of finding out timings for 0-60kmph, 0-100kmph, 30-80 in 3rd gear and 40-100 in 4th gear.
For mileage, no of litres used for 50 or 100 km.

To get accurate figures, we need to use a fixed route for mileage, probably a fixed stretch on the highway for the speed runs, same time of the day for similar temperature, pressure, traffic conditions etc. Let's not forget diesel from the same pump filled at the same time for similar density.

It's difficult but I believe it's gonna be fun
Turbohead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 08:29   #8561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Yes it is.
It's difficult but I believe it's gonna be fun
Turbo,
Definitely. A V-Box run would be nice.
However I have the same reason to put this off for a bit. My annual service is due in May next year. Funny though, mine is the 1.5 TDi. Did they have the defeat device on those mills too?

Or is mine secretly running a 1.6?

Hoping someone here reports back after the "upgrade".

Cheers!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 00:53   #8562

Hi
Advice needed. I am looking to replace existing dzire (video 110000 on the odo), 2011 model.
Daily Running has gone down. Would do about 25-30 kms per day, therefore looking for petrol options.
Vento tsi is where my heart is stuck at, but my wife is not too keen on an AT who will do most of the driving.

Should I go with vento petrol mt or would you recommend city mt? Ciaz is out of my list as I don't wish to own a maruti again. Suggestions...?
Yogesh Mehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:03   #8563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Mehta View Post
Hi
Advice needed.
Vento tsi is where my heart is stuck at, but my wife is not too keen on an AT who will do most of the driving.

Should I go with vento petrol mt or would you recommend city mt? ?
How are the traffic conditions in your place? The AT is a God send in bumper to bumper traffic.....my knees can't thank enough.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:24   #8564

Traffic conditions are average. We stay in gurgaon and work in gurgaon itself.
Yogesh Mehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 10:49   #8565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Mehta View Post
Traffic conditions are average. We stay in gurgaon and work in gurgaon itself.
I haven't driven a Manual Petrol Vento, but then the clutch shouldn't be as hard as in a diesel. The Honda City has a light clutch and the iVTEC engines are virtually bullet proof.
The both of you should take nice long test drives in various road conditions. Please try the TSI too, it really is that good!
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote