Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2016, 13:28   #8566
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,960
Thanked: 6,426 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Mehta View Post
Hi
Advice needed. I am looking to replace existing dzire (video 110000 on the odo), 2011 model.
Daily Running has gone down. Would do about 25-30 kms per day, therefore looking for petrol options.
Vento tsi is where my heart is stuck at, but my wife is not too keen on an AT who will do most of the driving.

Should I go with vento petrol mt or would you recommend city mt? Ciaz is out of my list as I don't wish to own a maruti again. Suggestions...?
The Vento Petrol MT is a competent car but is nowhere close to the TSI. I think you should go for the TSI. Any particular reason that your wife is not keen on an AT? If it is just due to the concern of AT being unfamiliar, it takes only a couple of drives to get comfortable. And if you are comfortable in MT, then at any time even after long gaps you can switch back to driving an MT when needed without any issues.

If it is due to better connect and engagement a MT provides, then that will be a personal decision. But again, in today's traffic conditions and based on what we can expect in the future, an AT will be a real boon. The Vento TSI is the best option to enjoy that convenience while at the same time keeping some of the Fun to Drive factor intact.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 14:06   #8567
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 364
Thanked: 371 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Mehta View Post
Hi
Advice needed.
Vento tsi is where my heart is stuck at, but my wife is not too keen on an AT who will do most of the driving.

Should I go with vento petrol mt or would you recommend city mt? Ciaz is out of my list as I don't wish to own a maruti again. Suggestions...?
Vento Tsi is definately better to drive than the MPi. But inherent dsg problems and high probability of failure/issues would need you to go for extended warranty to be safe from potential high repair costs later. The drive is rewarding though. But you might need to consider the higher budget factors.

Further, between Vento mt and City, the Honda is most definately the better option. From whichever angle you look at it.

I think all things considered, you should see which car has the better dealer in your area with better service facility and lesser rip-off tendencies. That would keep you better sorted out in the long run. Personally I would go for the City.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 23:20   #8568
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montreal, CA
Posts: 110
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Anyone have any idea as to when the timing belt has to be changed for the 2011 Vento TDI? I was told by the service people at VW that it has to be changed when the vehicle has done around 100k kms.
sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 23:27   #8569
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 94
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Anyone have any idea as to when the timing belt has to be changed for the 2011 Vento TDI? I was told by the service people at VW that it has to be changed when the vehicle has done around 100k kms.
It is recommended at 90,000 kilometers, or service at the end of six years, whichever is earlier. I had it changed on my car last year. It's a 2010 TDI.
halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 10:40   #8570
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Montreal, CA
Posts: 110
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
It is recommended at 90,000 kilometers, or service at the end of six years, whichever is earlier. I had it changed on my car last year. It's a 2010 TDI.
Awesome, thanks. Will get that done soon.
sweetvar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 10:45   #8571
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

Need some advice guys.

I left my headlights on all day by mistake and the battery on my Vento drained out.

I tried locking the car with the key - only the driver door was getting locked. All the other doors remained unlocked. Tried multiple times with no luck.

Any tips on how to lock the car till i get the battery started?
romits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 15:15   #8572
BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 966
Thanked: 691 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romits View Post
Hi,

Need some advice guys.

I left my headlights on all day by mistake and the battery on my Vento drained out.

I tried locking the car with the key - only the driver door was getting locked. All the other doors remained unlocked. Tried multiple times with no luck.

Any tips on how to lock the car till i get the battery started?
Try the good old way.

Get in (from the driver side),
lock all the non-driver doors from inside,
Get out,
Close the driver door,
Lock the driver door.

Should work I guess.
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2016, 15:47   #8573
BHPian
 
shifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 308
Thanked: 240 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Mehta View Post
Hi
Advice needed. I am looking to replace existing dzire (video 110000 on the odo), 2011 model.
Daily Running has gone down. Would do about 25-30 kms per day, therefore looking for petrol options.
Vento tsi is where my heart is stuck at, but my wife is not too keen on an AT who will do most of the driving.

Should I go with vento petrol mt or would you recommend city mt? Ciaz is out of my list as I don't wish to own a maruti again. Suggestions...?
You haven't mentioned your budget. If the TSI fits in your budget, then nothing like it. The risk with DSG is there, but haven't come across any issues with the gearbox in the recent past. Its a personal choice, but I found the cost worth the convenience it provides (I spend atleast 15-20 mins in bumper-bumper traffic one way, and it'll get worse in the future).

I really liked City and have a 2010 model in my immediate family. When I compared it to the latest model, the cost cutting was very evident. Maybe I was already sold on the TSI by then .

Both the cars are good and either ways you won't make a wrong choice. You should probably take a long TD on both and decide. And if you really want to buy the TSI, then make your wife drive in really bad traffic for 10-15 mins
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 14:09   #8574
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 438
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Try the good old way.

Get in (from the driver side),
lock all the non-driver doors from inside,
Get out,
Close the driver door,
Lock the driver door.

Should work I guess.
Well it doesn't in a Vento, as the OP would already know. There is no separate lock knob in a Vento. It is locked by centre locking; to open from inside you pull the door lever twice. This is only for the rear doors.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 16:07   #8575
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Well it doesn't in a Vento, as the OP would already know. There is no separate lock knob in a Vento. It is locked by centre locking; to open from inside you pull the door lever twice. This is only for the rear doors.
One could always lock the driver's door with the key, but locking the other doors is something that beats me!

Last edited by sunsetorange : 17th October 2016 at 16:12. Reason: Incomplete answer.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 18:08   #8576
BHPian
 
ShaileshHinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 151
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
One could always lock the driver's door with the key, but locking the other doors is something that beats me!
Lock all other doors from inside with the button on the drivers door. get out from the drivers door and lock drivers door. This should work is my very strong hunch.

Else call some battery person with a spare and lock
ShaileshHinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2016, 19:15   #8577
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Lock all other doors from inside with the button on the drivers door. get out from the drivers door and lock drivers door. This should work is my very strong hunch.

Else call some battery person with a spare and lock
The central lock button is again powered by the battery! I guess an urgent battery replacement would be the only option.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 17:21   #8578
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 367
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
The central lock button is again powered by the battery! I guess an urgent battery replacement would be the only option.

It is a tricky one. I guess there is no solution to your problem apart from changing the battery soon.

Got me thinking, will the doors open from inside if there is no battery power, any idea?
Mohan Mathew A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 20:28   #8579
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
It is a tricky one. I guess there is no solution to your problem apart from changing the battery soon.

Got me thinking, will the doors open from inside if there is no battery power, any idea?
It isn't my problem, I was just answering a query from another bhpiian!
Truth be said, there won't be a problem opening a door from the inside, the problem is with locking all doors.
sunsetorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 15:02   #8580
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 283
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

My vento confortline ( Auto ) is due for 60 K service, off late a lot of small problems have crept up and decided to show the car to authorized service center, since I stay in Ghodbander road in thane decided to visit service center there.
When I looked at the estimate my heart missed beat , they gave me estimate of 1.52 L .

Friends I need help from experienced persons to guide me if this much parts are required to be replaced?

Below is the total estimate-

ESTIMATE OF VENTO

SR NO. PARTS QTY PARTS AMOUNT(RS.) LABOUR


1 LHS ABS SENSOR 1 4000/- 600/-
2 RHS ABS SENSOR 1 4000/- 600/-
3 O2 SENSOR 1 2200/- 1200/-
4 LOWER ARM 2 3000/- 450/-
5 LINKAGE 2 4500/- 550/-
6 BALANCE ROD BUSH 2 1000/- 350/-
7 BULKHEAD 1 10000/- 1500/-
8 STEERING RACK & BOLT 1 13500 1200/-
9 BATTERY 1 7800/- 120/-
10 BUFFER BUSH 2 3000/- 800/-
11 SPRING PAD 2 1000/- 800/-
12 RHS INNER AXLE BOOT 1 2000/- 1200/-
13 FRT STRUT {IF REQUIRED} 2 12000/- 1200/-
14 STRUT BEARING 2 1000/-
15 STRUT MOUNTING 2 3000/-
16 REAR SHOCK ABSORBER
{IF REQUIRED} 1 7600/- 1200/-
17 RHS AXLE ASSEMBLY.
[IF REQUIRED} 1 60700/-
18 OIL LEAKAGE FROM TIMING SIDE NEED TO BE CHECK AFTER REPORT
19 SCANNING 700/-

PARTS 140300/-

LABOUR 12470/-

*TAXES AS APPLICABLE TOTAL 152770/-

Last edited by noopster : 20th October 2016 at 15:33. Reason: You mean 1.52L :)
udaydesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks